- 1 toddler killed September 15, 2014 2-Year-Old Shot, Killed in Denmark Denmark, South Carolina (WLTX) An African American 2-year-old has been shot and killed in the town of Denmark, according to the child's mother. No motive revealed.
- 1 middle school false report September 15, 2014 2014 Lockdown lifted at Marietta school after stabbing report Atlanta Journal Constitution he lockdown at Marietta Middle School, which was searched after reports of a student stabbing, has been lifted. “found NO students injured or stabbed and the call appears to be false.”
- 2 killed, no official motive September 15, 2014 British man, woman found dead on Thai beach CNN two victims were found on the island of Koh Tao with severe injuries to their heads, and a hoe with blood on it was found near the bodies. As there was no sign of theft, one might speculate if terrorism was a motive.
- September 15, 2014 Jihadi Serial Killer Confesses to 4 Murders Breitbart News Malkin points out, Brown's self-described jihad wasn't a local issue -- it was a coast to coast killing spree that began in April and finally ended with his apprehension in July: His homicidal Islamic terror spree took him from coast to coast. The 29-year-old career thug admitted to killing Leroy Henderson in Seattle in April; Ahmed Said and Dwone Anderson-Young in Seattle on June 1; and college student Brendan Tevlin, 19, in Essex County, New Jersey, on June 25. Tevlin was gunned down in his family Jeep on his way home from a friend’s house. Ballistics and other evidence linked all the victims to Muhammad Brown. Police apprehended him last month hiding in an encampment near the Watchung Mountains of West Orange, New Jersey. tags: Ali Muhammad Brown
- September 15, 2014 CNN Doubts Ali Mohammed Brown Was On Jihad Terror Spree could they, based upon what we know of the Tsarnaevs and based upon other examples, at what point would something get ratcheted up to domestic terror? TOOBIN: I'm not sure. There would probably have to be connections to someone else, some other person involved in a network. If you are being charged with murder in New Jersey, you're going to go away for a long time, as long as -- probably as long as if you were to call it terrorism. I think what people are obviously most concerned about is, is there a larger threat out there? And I think this story indicates no. There's not. tags: Ali Muhammad Brown
- 3 injured September 15, 20143 injured in late-night Arlington VA stabbing; suspect in custody (WJLA) - Two women and a man were hospitalized after being stabbed in Arlington Monday. Continue reading. Arlington County police found a 21-year-old woman lying on the sidewalk near the area around Green Valley Pharmacy...
- September 15, 2014 Officials Suspect Gas Leak in Elgin $150,000 Damage Home Explosion That Sent Homeowner to ICU NBC Chicago Firefighters suspect a natural gas leak was behind a suburban Chicago house explosion that caused about $150,000 worth of damage and sent the homeowner to an area Intensive Care Unit
- September 15, 2014 World War II bomb scare in London's Olympic Park shuts down schools CNN (CNN) -- A World War II-era bomb was discovered in London's Olympic Park on Monday, hours after the closing concert of a sporting competition for wounded and ill veterans sponsored by members of Britain's royal family.
- September 15, 2014 Evidence disputed in Saratoga Springs shooting of black man with toy sword Salt Lake Tribune Randall Edwards, attorney for the family of Darrien Hunt, said more witnesses came forward to support the family’s version that the 22-year-old was trying to flee police Wednesday when he was shot in the back. He said no witnesses — nor independent autopsy findings — support police versions that he was lunging at officers with a sword. Media from the Los Angeles Times to the Huffington Post to MSNBC, CNN, The Guardian, The Daily Mail and others have been running stories about Hunt family assertions that the young man was shot because he is half-black, and blacks are treated differently. They say he posed no threat as he danced to music with the sword while walking
- September 15, 2014 Man, 21, Shot and Killed In Penn Hills CBS Local PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - Allegheny County homicide detectives are looking into a deadly shooting in Penn Hills Monday night. According to police, the shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. in the 8000-block of Thon Drive. Detectives were called to the scene ...
- September 15, 2014 1 Killed, 1 injured in Catonsville shooting, suspects in custody ABC2 News Police in Baltimore County took two people in custody Monday in connection with a shooting that left one man dead and another injured.
- September 15, 2014 American Conservative’ Magazine Fundraises by Attacking Cruz’s Pro-Israel Comments Washington Free Beacon Staff The American Conservative Magazine is raising money by attacking pro-Israel comments made by Sen. Ted Cruz in a speech last week.
- September 15, 2014 Controversial DHS Adviser Let Go Amid Allegations see main entry Washington Free Beacon Mohamed Elibiary was until last week a senior member of DHS’ Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC). New documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon indicate that Elibiary had no choice in the matter, and that he may have been let go Islamist sympathizing advisor finally gets the boot from DHS Power Line (blog) Media outlets have raised questions about the circumstances surrounding his departure, speculating that his provocative comments about the “inevitable” return of the Muslim “caliphate” may have played a role. Elibiary, for instance, came under fire in June for tweeting about the “inevitable” return of the Muslim “caliphate.” His tweets were later praised by affiliates of the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) and potentially used to recruit extremist followers. Elibiary also has maintained that America is “an Islamic country with an Islamically compliant constitution” and argued that the Muslim Brotherhood poses no threat to the United States... the most concerning issue for lawmakers has been Elibiary’s alleged role in the “inappropriate disclosure of sensitive law enforcement documents,”
- September 15, 2014 Wildfire razes homes, other buildings in Weed,Calif. (3 injuries, 150 buildings destroyed or damaged including 2 churches, factory) Los Angeles Times The fire in Weed, near Mt. Shasta was relatively small, scorching only 375 acres, yet it destroyed or damaged 150 buildings, tearing at some of the town's most important institutions. The fire consumed two churches, a library and a community organization that aided the poor. Machinery at the town's mill was destroyed, but it skirted the downtown. The fire began just south of town. NBCnews: The modest Holy Family Catholic Church was reduced to a pile of charred rubble, with the outlines of a cross visible on a section of wall left standing. There has been no speculation as to whether a terrorist could have set the fire. 3 Injuries Reported on Boles Fire | KDRV There is an Evacuation Order for the community of Weed. An arson investigation has begun today, however, the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office said that is normal procedure for any fire to help determine the cause.
- September 15, 2014 Suspect shot in attempted robbery at Lakewood bank KIRO TV an oddly disguised man appeared to be waiting for an approaching armored car, possibly to rob it. Another armored car employee already inside the bank went to confront the man. At that point, say Lakewood police, the man pulled weapon and the armored car guard opened fire. (sounds like the Seattle Hollywood bank robber)
- September 15, 2014 KIROTV: Seattle drive-by shooting leaves bullets in home, business A drive-by shooting near 23rd Avenue and Dearborn Street on Monday afternoon left bullet holes in the walls of a house, a convenience store, and a car.
- September 12, 20141 killed, 1 injured 2 arrested Police: 16-year-old girl, with baby nearby, killed man over PS4 Atlanta Journal Constitution Two people are in custody for the fatal shooting of a man during what Sandy Springs police said was the attempted theft of a video gaming system the victim was trying to sell on Craigslist. ...met 20-year-old Nathaniel Vivian and a 16-year-old girl... tried to rob Zeitz of the PS4, and Vivian, who was in the driver’s seat of a car, struggled with Zeitz, who was standing outside the car, for the gaming system. During the struggle, the girl fired a shot from a .25 caliber handgun, and the bullet passed through Vivian’s hand and struck Zeitz in the side of his chest, killing him.
- 1 student missing September 13, 2014 Hannah Graham Missing U West Virginia Student Hannah Graham from Alexandria, Virginia, has been missing since September 13. She’s a student at the University of West Virginia. 5 facts
- 40 killed 124 injured September 12, 2014 Nigeria church collapse kills at least 40 people, injures 124 t least 40 people have died in the Nigerian city of Lagos after a huge church building collapsed in the country’s southwest. The part of the megachurch of one of Nigeria’s well-known evangelical preachers collapsed on Friday afternoon while undergoing construction work to add extra floors... believed to be a guesthouse for foreign followers of T. B. Joshua’s The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), in the Ikotun area of Lagos. ...preacher was widely cited in Nigeria’s media as claiming on Sunday that a low-flying aircraft that had been repeatedly circling the building may have been responsible for the collapse.
- September 12, 2014 50 Boko Haram on motorbikes Shooting Spree Kills Many About 50 gunmen on motorbikes stormed the market located in Ngom village near the Borno State capital. Boko Haram militants opened fire indiscriminately in the market and killed many people. The attack came shortly after Nigerian army soldiers killed more than 80 Boko Haram militants in the northern town of Konduga.
- February 8, 2013 US student arrested for mass shooting plan in California school PressTV A California student sent a threatening email On February 8 to a Twin Peaks Middle School administrator stating he planned to shoot a teacher and 23 fellow students. The 7th grader sent an email to the school administrator, warning plans to shoot all 23 classmates and the teacher on Monday. The student also cited numerous guns and 3,000 rounds of ammunition.
- 1 killed 2 injured August 16, 2014 Salinas Korean owned market robbery The Korea Times A Korean-owned market in Salinas, California, was the scene of a fatal robbery Saturday. Oh Sook-mi, 56, died of a gunshot to her chest... One of the robbers told Oh Eun-jung and Oh-Sook-mi, the market owner’s sister-in-law, to open the cash register. They were having late dinner inside the market. When they could not get it open, the robbers began shooting, police said. ..this is the first time a Korean has been shot and killed in this area
- January 20, 2014 NY Truck exiting Major Deegan Expressway crashed into Bronx Daily News The driver suffered medical issue when his truck huge concrete pump truck hit cars and crashed into a three-story home on Cedar Ave. about 6 p.m. Monday, killing the driver and injuring four others