Daily Misfortune Sunday, August 30, 2015 ---
Month Misfortune August 2015 ---
- Wikipedia Current Events Portal
- RT Russia Today Daily Headlines Spanish bull runs claim 12th victim this year A man in his 60s died on Sunday after being gored in a bull run in Spain, AFP said. This brings the total number of deaths from goring to 12 this year, the deadliest in 15 years. The man died on the spot at the start of the run in the central Spanish town of Cuellar, the organizers said. The run then goes on to the countryside. Cuellar, north of Madrid, hosts one of Spain’s longest-running bull runs, which dates back to the 13th century. Most bull runs are held in August and September.
- Daily Mail UK
- snewsi crimes
- Democracy Now http://www.democracynow.org/2015/8/30/headlines
- SPLC Hatewatch Headlines, 8-30-15
- Killed by Police (anti-police site)
(790) August 30, 2015 AZ M/L David Moreno Leon, 40 G
facebook.com/KilledByPolice/posts/1103684922992977 http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/29917116/tpd-investigating-officer-involved-shooting (789) August 30, 2015 OK M Shawn Allen Hall, 20 G
Mass shooting Tracker 2015:
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, August 2015
- Religion justified attacks
|255||8/30/2015||Unknown||0||4||Muskegon Heights, MI|
- Yemen An air strike from a Saudi-led coalition kills 36 civilians working in a bottling plant
- ISIL has blown up the ancient Temple of Bel in Palmyra.
- A fire at an Aramco housing complex in the Saudi Arabian city of Khobar kills at least two people and injures 105.[possible terrorist attack? cause unknown]
- European migrant crisis Hungary makes a fifth arrest in relation to the death of seventy-one migrants in a truck in Austria. (CNN) [deliberate attack on migrants?]
- 65 girls and young women traveling to an annual dance festival are killed after an open truck smashes into the back of a van nearMbabane, Swaziland. (RT) (The Telegraph) the truck smashed into the back of a van and was then struck by another truck while on a road between the Swazi cities of Mbabane and Manzini. [accident or attack?]
- update aug 28 shooting Mom of Suspect in Texas Deputy's Goforth Killing Gives Alibi [lying cover story?] He Was With Her
- Aug 30 1 Arrested in Venice Beach Boardwalk Shooting That Left 1 Dead, Another Hurt
- 1 killed 2 arrested Police: Eugene youth shot killed by two in Commons Drive apartment early Sunday
- 1 dead, 4 injured in South Memphis apartments mass shooting as children sleeping in bed one of 4 shootings in city
- 1 killed suspect charged homicide August 30, 2015 White suspect whot hit and run charged with vehicular homicide, DUI after off-duty black officer killed on motorcycle
- Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen An air strike from a Saudi-led coalition kills 36 civilians working in a bottling plant in the northern Hajjah Governorate. (Reuters)Arts and culture
- The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights claims that ISIL has blown up the ancient Temple of Bel in Palmyra. (Fox News)
- A fire at an Aramco housing complex in the Saudi Arabian city of Khobar kills at least two people and injures 105. (BBC) [possible terrorist attack? cause unknown]
- European migrant crisis Hungary makes a fifth arrest in relation to the death of seventy-one migrants in a truck in Austria. (CNN)
- 65 girls and young women traveling to an annual dance festival are killed after an open truck smashes into the back of a van nearMbabane, Swaziland. (RT) (The Telegraph) the truck smashed into the back of a van and was then struck by another truck while on a road between the Swazi cities of Mbabane and Manzini.
- update aug 28 shooting Mom of Suspect in Deputy's Killing Gives Alibi [lying cover story?] He Was With Her her son can't be the gunman because he was out shopping with her at the time. Sheriff's investigators said they had no leads on a motive and were operating on the assumption that the gunman walked up to Goforth at a Houston gas station and shot him simply because he was wearing a uniform. she and her son had been out shopping at the time and couldn't get home because police... at home, she said, they were ambushed by armed SWAT officers and police dogs. Hundreds showed at vigil for the officer. No one but the mother spoke up for the suspect. After arrest in 'execution-style' shooting of Texas deputy, a search for a motive Washington Post But what remained unclear Sunday was a motive for the shooting at a suburban Houston Chevron, which authorities say occurred when Goforth, 47, stopped to fill up his patrol car.
- Aug 30 1 Arrested in Venice Beach Boardwalk Shooting That Left 1 Dead, Another Hurt KTLAmale arrestee, a Venice Beach resident, was taken into custody about about six hours after the fatal 2:30 a.m. early-morning incident The shooting occurred on a normally busy stretch of the Venice Boardwalk that is popular with tourists. first victim died at the scene after being treated by paramedics, according to the LAPD sergeant. Killed was homeless man Jascent-Jamal Lee Warren, second victim, a black man shot in leg... shooting was triggered by “some sort of altercation” on the boardwalk between “locals,” “escalated into brandishing a handgun" and shooting...
Alleged shooters Sean Edward Jones, 19, and Zachary Aristotle Beauchamp, 18
- 1 dead, 4 injured in South Memphis apartments mass shooting as children sleeping in bed wreg.com Five people were shot and one was killed at the Richmond Place Apartments early Sunday morning. Bullets flew as children slept in their beds. violent weekend in Memphis, police are investigating four separate shootings that left 10 people shot and one stabbed all over the city. Another the victim killed was sleeping in a car, waiting on friends when he was struck by a bullet. tags: killed in car, shooting at building
- 1 killed suspect charged homicide August 30, 2015 White suspect whot hit and run charged with vehicular homicide, DUI after off-duty black officer killed on motorcycle ... 6abc.com Vehicular homicide and DUI charges have been filed against a 59-year-old Philadelphia man who police say struck and killed an off-duty Philadelphia officer then fled the scene. Vogwill, traveling in the opposite direction on Devereaux, made a left turn into the path of Poole's motorcycle. Authorities say Vogwill was driving under the influence. Off-duty officer riding motorcycle killed in hit-and-run crash in Philadelphia ...New York Daily News
- August 27, 2015 Two charged in DUI killer crash racing ran stop sign and wrecked black Robbins couple minivan Chicago Tribune Cherise Davis-Jones, 43, of Robbins, who was driving the minivan, and her husband Less Jones, 59, a passenger in the front seat, were killed. Three children - two boys aged 4 and 7 and an 8-year-old girl, who were passengers in the van - remained ...wo men who allegedly had been drinking and drag racing were charged with reckless homicide in the deaths of a Robbins couple.. Douglas McGrew, 25, of Robbins, and Craig Stevenson, 41, of Lynwood, were charged with reckless homicide in the Thursday night crash, and McGrew also was charged with two counts of aggravated DUI. McGrew, driving a black 2001 Buick Regal, and Stevenson, driving a gray 2005 Nissan Altima, were racing and speeding when both ran a stop sign at 137th Street and crashed into a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country minivan
- August 28, 2015 Bexhill stabbing: First picture of young mum-of-two found knifed to death in ... Mirror.co.uk - 7 hours ago These are the first pictures of a young mum who was stabbed to death in a flat. Lauren Masters, 20, was killed in a property on Sutherland Avenue, Bexhill-on-Sea, near Hastings, East Sussex, on Friday afternoon.
- August 28, 2015 Mount Vernon bystander killed in NYPD shooting after suspect points gun at officer The Journal News A 61-year-old bystander who was shot Friday afternoon when an undercover NYPD investigation "went awry" was pronounced dead at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx early Saturday, officials at the New York City Police Department ... Felix Kumi, of Bedford Avenue in Mount Vernon, was standing behind a suspect in an illegal gun investigation when he was struck twice by an undercover officer. Suspect Alvin Smothers, 37, was shot three times. He was a fugitive from justice in Westchester County, accused of pointing a gun at the undercover officer's head, setting off the incident,
- August 29, 2015 Texas Sheriff Blames Black Lives Matter for Anti-Police Terrorist Open Warfare On Police 'Cops' Lives Matter, Too': Officials Condemn 'Open Warfare . Fox News That does not mean that there should be open warfare declared on law ... “We've heardblack lives matter, all lives matter... well, cops' lives matter, too. Harris County Sheriff Darren Goforth's killer Shannon J ... UK Daily Mail Texas Deputy Shot: Sheriff Blames Black Lives Matter Inquisitr Sheriff Blames Black Lives Matter Movement After Execution Of Deputy Darren Goforth. Black Lives Matter movement is distancing itself from the shooting. “I grieve for the victims of violence. It is unfortunate that Sheriff Hickman has chosen to politicize this tragedy and to attribute the officer’s death to a movement that seeks to end violence,” said Deray McKesson, a local leader of the Black Lives Matter movement
- August 29, 2015 Woman dead, 9-year old boy hurt in Swansea stabbing by new boyfriend KSDK Authorities say a stabbing at a southwest Illinois apartment complex left one woman dead and her 9-year-old son with severe injuries. disturbance Saturday evening found the boy with a severe stab wound to the neck. The boy's mother, 38-year-old Sharetta L. Day, was found dead lying on the ground of the parking lot with multiple wounds... stabbed by a suspect police have in custody was Day’s boyfriend, and they had only been dating a short time.
- August 29, 2015 Police search for suspect in Willowbrook stabbing, sexual assault WGN-TV WILLOWBROOK, Ill. - Police in Willowbrook, Ill., are searching for the man who stabbed, beat and sexually assaulted a woman in her west suburban home Saturday night.
- August 29, 2015 Parkville woman arrested in west Baltimore stabbing WBAL Baltimore
... woman in the fatal stabbing of a city man.Heather Farabaugh, 29, of Parkville, is accused of killing Daymar Rodgers early Saturday morning in west Baltimore
- August 29, 2015 arrest Suspect in Thai blast seems Turkish [muslim] had bomb-making material, police say CNN aug 30 Explosion in Bangkok. A woman prays at the Erawan Shrine in Bangkok, Thailand, on Wednesday, August 19. Thai monks led prayers for the reopening of the Bangkok shrine where a bomb killed 20 people on Monday, August 17. Hide Caption. Picture shows Turkish passport, man looks turkish, everybody thinks he's turkish but govt says they can't say that for sure. Govt says he was targeting just one person so it wasn't international terrorism [nonsense, that's just his silly cover story of course nobody makes a bomb factory just to hurt one person]
Thailand Police Arrest Wall Street Journal police had invited a Turkish translator to help question the ...
Bangkok bomb: Thai police say it was personal revenge, not international terrorism, arrested man part of people-smuggling group The Guardian UK aug 30 authorities believed the man was part of an organised crime group which sold counterfeit documents to illegal immigrants. “They [the gang] are unsatisfied with police arresting illegal entrants,” he told Thailand’s Channel 3. “It’s a network that fakes nationalities and sends them [illegal migrants] on to third countries,” hinted on Saturday at the motive for the attack, saying the arrested man was “taking personal revenge for his comrades”, without giving further details. “It’s unlikely to be terrorism. It’s not an international terrorist act,” s apartment was raided after police listened to mobile phone calls made around the shrine on the night of the attack. Police and residents said the suspect had rented four apartments on the same floor in the block.
Bangkok Bomb: Thai police name Adem Karadag as suspect arrested over blast that killed 20 The Independent UK Aug 29 We don't know if he is Turkish or not." suspect 'did not act alone'
- August 29, 2015 North Carolina pastor dies after apparently accidentally shooting himself at home while cleaning gun myfox8.com WEDDINGTON, N.C. - A prominent North Carolina pastor died after accidentally shooting himself in the chest while cleaning his firearm at his home, according to officials. North Carolina pastor died after accidentally shooting himself in the chest while cleaning his firearm at his home, according to officials. WCNC reported that Bishop Phillip Milton Davis, the senior pastor at Nations Ford Community Church in Charlotte, his wife found him unconscious at his desk. was planning on going to the firing range and was cleaning his pistol during the accident,
- August 29, 2015 He Took Them by Surprise: 3 Dead, 2 Hurt in Tennesee Shooting Spree targeting relatives ABC News A gunman killed three relatives in a surprise attack witnessed by several children in a home in eastern Tennessee, authorities said. No motive (usually points to terrorism contract hit on his own relatives). 19-year-old attacker was shot and wounded by another family member during his getaway and was captured a short time later, the Sullivan County sheriff's office said... children were there... one girl was injured, Sheriff Wayne Anderson said. Leading up to the rampage, the assailant parked his vehicle nearby, walked up a steep hill and opened fire when he reached the house near Bristol, Tennessee
- August 29, 2015 Suspect killed after ignoring taser and pointing gun at officer in Las Vegas officer-involved shooting ID'd KVVU Las Vegas The shooting stemmed from a theft involving two men that occurred earlier that morning and the victim helped track down the vehicle involved, according to police.police are investigating an officer-involved shooting that left a suspect dead early Saturday morning. second suspect ran from the scene with a gun in his hand. officer unsuccessfully used a taser on the suspect. The suspect pointed the gun at officers and was shot by Metro. tags: taser, killed by police
Off-duty police officer killed in Northeast Philadelphia hit-and-run ID'd
6abc.com Authorities have identified the off-duty Philadelphia police officer who was struck and killed while riding his motorcycle on Roosevelt Boulevard.
Man Charged With Stabbing Brother-in-Law in Willimantic Dispute
NBC Connecticut - 14 hours ago
Two Willimantic men have been arrested after a stabbing that stemmed from a domestic dispute Saturday night. Jose Sanchez, 23, is charged with stabbing his brother-in-law Robinson Acevedo, 23. Both were arrested in the incident. Police say they ...
In Yemen, 34 civilians killed in bombing of water bottling factory
CNN - 5 hours ago
(CNN) A Saudi-led airstrike on a water bottling factory in Yemen left 34 dead and dozens injured, the Yemeni Defense Ministry said.
ISIS destroys ancient temple with massive explosion: activists
New York Post - 6 hours ago BEIRUT - Islamic State militants in Syria severely damaged the Bel Temple, considered one of the greatest sites of the ancient world, in a massive explosion Sunday, activists said. The temple was part of the remains of the ancient city of Palmyra in ...
Surviving victim of on-air shooting lost a kidneyUSA TODAY
Virginia TV shooting leaves news crews rattledCNNMoney
Highly Cited:Two WDBJ7 employees shot and killed; suspected shooter kills himselfWDBJ7