-->Timeline June 2014 ---
Timeline of Security Incidents
Worldwide and US 5-15 incidents per day
On average at least one domestic terrorist-style attack per day executed or plot uncovered per day, not counting "normal" shootings of bystanders or car accidents
Daily Misfortune Monday June 30, 2014 --- 6 incidents
- 1 church damaged June 30, 2014Fire heavily damages Moorhead Baptist church fire started in attic, no cause Arson attack on church?
- 1 bridge $3,000 damage June 30, 2014 Fire damages pedestrian bridge at Fargo ND park reported 3 a.m. passerby who reported it saw some people in the area but a police search didn't turn up anyone. Arson?
- 3 killed June 30, 2014 Hamas Terrorists Kidnap, Kill 3 Israeli High School Teens On 12 June 2014, three Israeli teenagers went missing in Gush Etzion, in the West Bank. The three were last seen in the Gush Etzion area, hitchhiking to their homes. The three missing teens are Naftali Frankel (16, from Nof Ayalon), Gilad Shaer (16, from Talmon), and Eyal Yifrah (19, from Elad). Frankel is a dual Israeli-American citizen. On June 30th, the bodies of the three boys were found in a field outside of Hebron. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the teens had been kidnapped by Hamas
- 3 hurt: 1 killed (suicide) 2 injured June 30, 2014 Gunman, 54, kills self in Brooklyn after shooting 2, barricading himself New York Daily News A crazed gunman shot two workers at a Brooklyn iron mill Monday before barricading himself in a storage room and shooting himself in the head during talks with police
- 2 injured, 2 arrested June 30, 2014 White supremacist charged in Vancouver cop shooting KOIN.com James Sapp alleged role in the shooting of a Vancouver WA cop. Sapp was linked to white supremacists and admitted trading heroin before shooting. Officer Dustin Goudschaal was hit seven times by a semi-automatic handgun. Sapp was allegedly driving a black Dodge truck, with plates stolen from a Jeep Cherokee, when he was pulled over by Goudschaal. The officer was approaching the driver’s door when the driver leaned out the window and shot him. Sapp fled, crashed his truck, ran through a yard, stole another truck after assaulting an elderly man and also crashed this truck. tags: shooting police, right wing extremist, drugs, elderly victim, stolen vehicle, crash, WA
- June 30, 2014 clickondetroit On July 2, Anthony Fields is charged with arson for 2 of a string of Detroit area fires in the 7-mile and John R areas on June 30.
7 hurt, 1 killed, 6 injured 2 Separate Incidents at BET Awards Hollywood parties
1 apartment damaged $15,000 Fargo Deck Fire Sparked By Cigarette
21 casualties Three killed, 18 woundedNew York City: wave of gun violence
Some building damage, police crowd controlMinneapolis Crowd creates chaos between Loring Park, Nicollet Mall
- 1 killed 8 injured Trung T. Le Arrested in 2014 Bourbon Street Shooting
- 2 injured Car crashes into church building in Compton
- 1 killed 1 injured, 1 arrested Murder of Cheyanne Bond Malcolm X Shabazz High School Graudate
- 1 killed 1 arrested for murder June 29, 2014 Baseel Abdul-Amir Saad Kills Soccer Referee With Punch To Neck
- 3 casualties 1 killed 2 injured June 28, 2014 Man dead after bizarre church outburst 29 Jun 2014 INDIAN LAKE — A man is dead after bursting into a church service Saturday and causing a disturbance.Jason M. Berg, 44, of Indian Lake entered St. Mary's Church and started shouting obscenities and throwing objects at parishioners. Two people in the crowd were injured ..s Berg allegedly started advancing toward the church's priest, several parishioners restrained him. As Berg violently resisted, he became unresponsive and an ambulance was called
- 1 killed June 28, 2014 MN Speeding driver Yassin Mohamed Isse dies when rear-ends truck in new 2014 Fusion
- 12 buildings damaged June 28, 2014 Wisconson Police: Appleton man says he vandalized 12 air conditioners because he doesn't like them 52-year-old suspect spent nights riding his bicycle around and ripping control switches out of the units in the Fox Cities of northeastern Wisconsin - No one suspects sabotage as motive
- 1 policeman injured Minneapolis June 28, 2014 Driver hits, injures stopped State Patrol trooper on I-94 Jay L. Binnebose was arrested on drunken driving charges, but no one suspects it could be a deliberate attack
- 11 victims 1 killed 10 injured June 28, 2014 1 killed, 10 injured in Saturday Chicago Shootings Random crime cover story for mass shooting of civilians?
- 1 car damaged June 28, 2014 West Concord squad car tire slashing: Car parked in maintenance shop with 3 tires slashed and trunk damaged. Bored teens or warfare against police?
- 1 killed June 28, 2014 Texas Car Passenger Shoots Driver At Gun Show In Cedar Park, Texas parking lot a man holding a gun in a car shot the driver, and called police for help. Police rule out fowl play (KXAN) Accident or assassination?
- 1 injured June 28, 2014 Man Hurt In Shooting In San Francisco SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) - A man was injured in a shooting on Market Street near the Tenderloin neighborhood Saturday evening amid the city's annual Pride celebration
- 3 victims 1 killed 2 injured June 28, 2014 Teen killed, two injured in Plymell home explosion KWCH FINNEY COUNTY, Kan. -. A teenager has died and two others are hospitalized after a home explosion in Finney county. It is later determined to be a natural gas explosion
- 1 killed Saturday June 28, 2014 Man dead after bizarre church outburst - Times Union. This man was armed for terror attack with knife, gun and extra ammo. Jason M. Berg entered St. Mary's Church and started shouting obscenities and throwing objects at parishioners. Two people in the crowd were injured by the objects and had to be treated at Glens Falls Hospital. As Berg allegedly started advancing toward the church's priest, several parishioners restrained him. As Berg violently resisted, he became unresponsive and an ambulance was called. State Police and Hamilton County Sheriff's deputies also responded. Police said Berg was armed with a loaded .45 caliber pistol, spare magazine and a pocket knife. Efforts to revive Berg with CPR were unsuccessful, and he was pronounced dead at the scene .
- June 28, 2014 Suspected Arson 'Terror' Targets Samaria Village Arab arson suspected in massive Shabbat fire that spread quickly to within feet of homes, comes on heels of several other fires. tags: Wildfires Series of Israel wildfires suspected of Arab arson warfare: A suspected Arab arson attack was put out at the last moment before it reached the Jewish community of Einav in north-west Samaria. The fire which is suspected to have been set by Arab arsonists in a deliberate attack on the town, spread quickly towards the community due to the oppressive heat and winds. Attacks on May 28-29 are also suspected of being arson attacks
Daily Misfortune Friday June 27, 2014 --- 3 incidents 1 dead, 5 injured. Denny's assault by cross dressing man, attempted shooting at a college, San Diego mass shooting
- 2 injured June 27, 2014 sandiego6 Angry, cross-dressing man injures two Denny's diners
- 0 injured, 1 arrested Friday June 27, 2014 University of Miami Coral Gables Woman Shooter
- 1 dead, 3 injured June 27, 2014 Egger Highlands Shooting near San Diego
- June 27, 2014 Teen Vandalizes $3000 Off Infiniti At Jewish Community Center In St Louis, MO, Carlie A. Hertel claimed she scratched and smeared a car with mascara because she was angry at the way it was improperly parked. Damage above $750 is a felony. She left a note “How about you park your car like a normal person.” She added: “Also, left you some presents in your gay car!”
Daily Misfortune Thursday June 26, 2014 ---
- June 26, 2014 Mexican Police Helicopter Fires On Arizona Border Patrol KOMO
- 1 grandmother killed , 1 suspect arrested June 26, 2014 Douglasville Silverado Intentionally Rams, Runs Over Grandmother in Navigator
- June 26, 2014 6 killed including entire family, 3 children and 4 injured in Nicholasville, Kentucky wreck. Road rage or reckless driving may have caused a station wagon carrying children to cross over median to hit a van Daily Mail HuffPost
Daily Misfortune Wednesday June 25, 2014 ---
- 2 harmed 1 killed, 1 injured June 25, 2014 Delaware State Trooper Shot, Suspect Killed During Shootout Identified cbslocal (CBS) - A suspect was killed and a State Trooper is hospitalized following an exchange of gunfire in Delaware early Wednesday morning.the Trooper, identified as 26-year-old Corporal Lloyd McMann, attempted to conduct a vehicle stop. The driver, Dennis Hicks.. fled..exited his vehicle with a semiautomatic handgun and opened fire. McMann returned fire, striking Hicks in the upper body. During the exchange of gunfire, McMann suffered gunshot wounds to his hand and face
- June 25, 2014 Suicide bomber dies in Beirut hotel explosion Aljazeera.com
- June 25, 2014 August 4, 2014 Ali Muhammad Brown Among Three Charged in College Student Murder Three suspects have been charged in connection with the shooting and death of a college student 19-year-old Brendan Tevlin who was surrounded by thugs at a stoplight who shot him, dumped his body in back, and drove it to an apartment in West Orange, New Jersey where they took several personal items. Ali Muhammad Brown, 30, a registered sex offender from Seattle who was originally from East Orange New Jersey, has been charged with a number of offenses, including first-degree murder, felony murder, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery and second-degree possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose. Jeremy Villagran and Eric Williams face felony murder, robbery and weapons charges. Ryan Mauro of The Clarion Project states that Q13 FOX News reported that Brown was a muslim terrorist as he as "a radical Muslim who received jihadist training in California in April." He aparently used the Grindr social network to find and murder homosexuals with Islamic names, it is believed two men were attacked simply because their sexual orientation offended what police say are Brown’s radical Muslim beliefs
Daily Misfortune Tuesday June 24, 2014 --- 3 incidents 4 killed, 11 injured, 1 arrested, several suspects sought. Mass shooting, amok truck crushes car, McDonalds employee assaults customer.
- June 24, 2014 2 killed, 7 hurt in Miami shooting USA TODAY Two people were killed and seven wounded in a shooting early Tuesday in the Miami neighborhood of Liberty City. "We have nobody in custody," officer Kenia Reyes, spokeswoman for the Miami police, said Tuesday evening. Men strafed a public housing building for no apparent motive beside gang revenge or drugs, though the incident also resembled a terrorist mass shooting at a military base, school or mall.
- 5 casualties 2 killed 3 injured Cajon Pass Dump Truck Loses Brakes Crushes Teens in PT Cruiser June 24, 2014 At Cajon Pass near Los Angeles, California a woman subcontractor driving a Caltrans dump truck dump truck carrying wet cement that lost control of its brakes while exiting the freeway. It drove across Highway 138, and a hit PT Cruiser pushing over an embankment and under the truck where it was completely crushed in a Shell gas station parking lot. The small PT Cruiser was carrying two Serrano High School students and three recent grads back from a trip to Huntington Beach 2 were killed and three were injured. One student had just graduated from high school. Recent-grad Nicole Lyle, 18, and 16-year-old John Cabrera were pronounced dead at the scene Their three male friends were transported in critical condition to the hospital The female driver of the dump truck was not injured in the crash
- 1 injured, 1 arrest sought June 24, 2014 McDonalds Employee Latia Harris Beats Customer on Video In Front of Crowd In Salem, New Jersey, Latia Harris was on duty at McDonald's. After an argument, she followed customer Catherine Ferreira out of the store into a park in store uniform, spit and beat her in full view of a crowd that caught the attack on video. She cursed the woman could cause her to "lose her job", and threatened with being shot during the attack. Ferreira's 2-year-old young son tried to protect his mother by kicking her assailant. She suffered eye damage and a broken nose. Harris turned herself into to police after a week, and was charged with aggravated assault and two counts of making terroristic threats.
Daily Misfortune Monday June 23, 2014 ---
- June 23, 2014 In Fishers, Indiana, a bomb threat was phoned in against a CVS drugstore, which forced an evacuation of the store, and the lockdown of a school nearby. fox59
- June 23, 2014 In Wilmington, Delaware, a bomb threat at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center forced evacuation of three buildings while they were searched for bombs and given an all clear that no bombs were found. It was believed to be connected to the June 6 handgun brandishing incident at the same area delawareonline
- 1 officer killed, 2 suspects sought June 23, 2014 Near Abbeville, Louisiana, a Off duty Vermilion Parish sheriff's deputy was shot at his home after he was mowing his lawn and reported a suspicious vehicle. Witnesses reported seeing a gold Lexus crashed at the scene, and two men fleeing in the deputy's pickup towing a trailer with the lawn mower in what appears to stage a cover story as an apparent robbery rather than an assasination.
- June 23, 2014 Lafayette Indiana Kmart Bomb Threat: In Lafayette, Indiana, a store was evacuated and police searched for bombs after a man phoned in a bomb threat to a Kmart in Lafayette asking for a ransom payment, and threatening to shoot people if it was not paid. jconline
- 28 victims, 8 killed, 20 wounded June 23, 2014 Nigerian College Bomb Blast Kills 8 Wounds 20 In the northern Nigerian city of Kano, an explosion has struck at the the Kano School of Hygiene public health college. The blast killed at least eight people, and wounded 20 others. The city has been targeted in the past by the radical Islamist group Boko Haram, and it was less than a week after some 21 people were killed in a bomb blast in Yobe state where people had gathered to watch a World Cup match, also attributed to Boko Haram.
- 1 killed 1 injured 1 pedestrian killed in Back Bay crash in Boston WCVB Boston One pedestrian was killed Saturday night and a second critically injured following a multi-vehicle crash on Beacon Street in the Back Bay, Boston police said.t a black car ran a red light and flipped into a parked Mini Cooper after it was hit by a third car. A man in his 20s was killed, a woman in her 20s was critically injured. Complex multi-car crash that looks like they were out of control as a cover story but might be scripted to target pedestrians
- June 22, 2014 At Bronner's Christmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, a white youth with a backpack on a video is person of interest for a bomb threat that was hand delivered at the Saginaw County Michigan tourist attraction.
- June 22, 2014 Idaho Post Falls I-90 shootout KXLY Marcus Rael of Glendale, Arizona fled a traffic stop, got out of his pickup on a I-90 overpass, and after a standoff, took out a rifle and started trading 40 some shots with 12 police officers before Rael was injured and hospitalized. Marcus Rael's brother Andrew, 25 was killed during a gun battle with authorities on a freeway in Tempe, Arizona in March. after he was linked to the murder of a tow truck driver and convenience store clerk. Rael had no criminal history before he fled the traffic stop. (Alternative theory - driving while terrorist)
- June 22, 2014 In Chicago, 21 year old Dantrel K. Fuller was arrested and charged after he was seen driving at 10:20 p.m. on the Dan Ryan Expressway when he opened fire with a gun on a black SUV which swerved and hit another vehicle. WGNtv.com
Daily Misfortune Friday June 20, 2014 ---
- Armed conflicts and attacks
- 2014 Northern Iraq offensive:
- US sends 300 military advisers to Iraq as battle rages over country's biggest refinery. (Reuters)
- 2 killed June 20, 2014 Life Prison For Woman Parking On Freeway To Save Ducks Killing Two In Crash Montreal jury ruled Friday against a 25-year-old Quebec woman who was on trial for stopping her car on a busy highway to rescue some ducklings and causing a June 27, 2010 crash that killed a motorcyclist and his teenage daughter. Emma Czornobaj faces a maximum sentence of life in prison after she was found guilty on two counts of criminal negligence causing death and two counts of dangerous driving causing death
- $10 million 90 units destroyed June 20, 2014 Vancouver Fire Destroys 90 Unit Apartments Under Construction In Vancouver, Washington, fire destroys a new 90 unit apartment building that was under construction that broke out at 3:30 a.m.
- Syrian civil war: 12 people including 9 children are killed when a Syrian army helicopter strikes a refugees camp south of Damascus. (Middle East Eye)
Daily Misfortune Thursday June 19, 2014 ---
June 19, 2014 Long Beach City College 2014 shooting Long Beach City College 2014 shooting Police shot and wounded a man who allegedly fired shots on the Pacific Coast campus of Long Beach City College after chasing him through the school.
Daily Misfortune Wednesday June 18, 2014 ---
- Armed conflicts and attacks
- 2014 Northern Iraq offensive
- War in North-West Pakistan
- Syrian Civil War
- Opposition activists claim that Syrian Army helicopters have bombed arefugee camp near the border with Jordan, killing at least 20 people.(Reuters via Trust)
- The OPCW releases a preliminary report indicating more chemical weapons have been used since the August 2013 attacks, confirmingFrance's suspicions that the Syrian government has still been using chlorine gas attacks. (KUNA) (Daily Star)
- 1 man injured, 2,800 customers cut power Wednesday June 18, 2014 Man Burned Cutting Wires to Substation in Renton Washington In Renton, Washington, a man was nearly electrocuted early Wednesday when he cut a copper wire on top of a high-voltage transformer at an electrical substation, knocking out power to 2,800 customers. There were reports of an 4:30 a.m. at the Puget Sound Energy substation between Renton and Issaquah. Firefighters removed the injured man who they thought was stealing wire and took him to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with second- and third-degree burns over 60 percent of his body. Service was restored by 8:30 a.m.
- 1 killed by terrorist June 18, 2014 ISIS Report Includes 1 Apostate Run Over USA Today Among an annual report cataloging assassination, suicide bombings and knifings, it claims credit for killing by vehicular assault "apostates run over"
- June 18, 2014 KHOU A Vietnamese-American man Duy Tran was told by his apartment complex that his American flag display was a "threat to Muslims". The manager escorted reporters off the property with a statement that it was just enforcing uniform guidelines
Daily Misfortune Tuesday June 17, 2014 ---
- June 17, 20214 About Aloeng Vang St Paul Road Rage Shooter Vang was found guilt of one count of first-degree murder and second-degree murder and will spend life in prison without parole. Vang's stated motive is that his shots weren't supposed to hit Elling but just scare him, and Vang admitted to relatives he was angry because he felt Elling disrespected him.
- Armed conflicts and attacks
- North Korean propaganda videos show that they have developed a cruise missile similar to the Russian Kh-35 model. (BBC)
- South Thailand insurgency
- Al-Shabaab militants attack Poromoko village in Kenya, killing 15 people and burning multiple houses down. (Reuters)
- 275 United States Military personnel are deployed to Iraq to provide extra protection for the American embassy in Baghdad. (Sky News)
- Aftermath of the 2012 Benghazi attack
- War in North-West Pakistan
- Islamist insurgency in Nigeria
- Disasters and accidents
Daily Misfortune June 16, 2014 Monday --- 1 apparent domestic attack on ship canal bridge killing suspect in Seattle
- 2 killed 2 injured June 16, 2014 SR 522 Maltby Eclipse Fusion Wrong Way Crash On SR 522 in Maltby, Washington, a Mitsubishi Eclipse driven by Gerardo Martinez Urrutia with daughter Bella in back appeared to be driving drowsy when it struck some construction barrels, overcorrected, and crossed into the opposing lanes, killing the two occupants of a Ford Fusion. Some believe this section of highway which is not separated is dangerous. A week before, a wrong way driver appeared to be deliberately driving on the wrong side of the road, striking and forced a King County deputy off the road in a rollover crash.
- suspect shot and killed, I5 closed for several hours June 16, 2014 Seattle Ship Canal Bridge Pickup Man Burns Truck, Paints Circle, Shot Killed by Police In Seattle, Washington on the Ship Canal Bridge on Interstate 5 southbound, Jonathan K. Whitehead, 33, died from multiple gunshot wounds after he lunged at police with a knife who were forced to shoot him as a deadly threat. He skidded his Chevy S10 pickup sideways to a stop across the 2 center lanes, appearing insane and agitated, and drew a large green circle with spray paint across 2 lanes after setting his truck on fire. After he was shot, they found improvised molotov cocktail fire bombs in his truck. The freeway was closed for several hours. His mother later said that he was painting a circle of "truth", and was hooked on prescription methadone. and believes her son was going through drug withdrawal. “It wasn't so much that he was coming after the officers-- as protecting himself to stay in the circle of truth.” Her son had been struggling with drug use to combat pain since he beat leukemia at a very young age.
- The Al-Shabaab militant group launches a second attack near the Kenyantown of Mpeketoni killing another ten people. (BBC)
- Violent riots between Muslims and Buddhists rage in the town of Welipitiya,Sri Lanka, leaving 3 dead, 78 injured, and multiple mosques and shops burned or vandalized. (New York Times)
- Armed conflicts and attacks
- 2014 Northern Iraq offensive:
- War in North-West Pakistan:
- Syrian Civil War:
- 2014 pro-Russian conflict in Ukraine:
- International relations
- Law and Crime
- The People's Republic of China sentences three men to death for a deadly attack at Beijing's Tiananmen Square last October.(Reuters via The Straits Times)
- Israeli police arrest Aziz Duwaik, Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council and Hamas member, during a wave of arrests linked to a manhunt for three kidnapped teenagers. (AFP via NineMSN)
Daily Misfortune June 15, 2014 Sunday ---
- June 15, 2014 Benghazi Ringleader Ahmed Abu Khattala Captured US Special Operations forces arrested Ahmed Abu Khattala, one of the suspected ringleaders of the attacks on US embassy in Benghazi.
- 1 killed, 1 pled guilty June 15, 2014 Retired NYPD Levittown Kills Downs Bryanna Soplin Hit and Run Crash Bryanna Soplin, 13, who had Down syndrome, unknowingly left her family’s home and was crossing the street when she was hit by a minivan just after midnight. On August 6, retired NYPD officer Michael Elardo pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of the Levittown crash, saying "I certainly am sorry"
- 7 people are killed in Aden, Yemen, after a gunman opens fire on a minibus. (Voice of America)
- Islamist militants kill dozens of people in the Kenyan town of Mpeketoni in the Lamu Archipelago in a four hour series of attacks on hotels. (The Telegraph)
- War in North-West Pakistan Airstrikes in the northwestern tribal area bordering Afghanistan kill as many as 100 militants. (Canadian Press via Nanaimo Daily News)
- Abu Abdur Rehman Almani, the alleged mastermind behind 2014 Jinnah International Airport attack, is killed during air strikes carried out by Pakistan Air Force. (IANS via Biharprabha)
Daily Misfortune June 14, 2014 Saturday --- 1 domestic terrorist attack uncovered
- 1 man arrested Saturday June 14, 2014 University Elliot Roger Copycat Arrested for Threats Against Women University of Washington student Keshav Bhide (Asian Indian name) was arrested by campus police and the FBI after people noticed his social media posts admiring Isla Vista killer Elliot Roger and threatening to be the next killer, promising to "get it right and only kill women"
Daily Misfortune June 13, 2014 Friday --- 1 domestic terrorist attack uncovered
- Police say 2 boys planned mass shooting at Tennessee school CBS News June 12, 2014 Two boys have been arrested for allegedly plotting to carry out a mass shooting at a high school in Tennessee, authorities said Thursday. The youths allegedly were planning an attack at Volunteer High School in Rogersville in Hawkins County,The arrests come just two days after a shooting at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Ore
- June 13, 2014 What State Is Behind Massive Cyberattack on Occupy Central unprecedented scale of the intrusion - more than 10 billion denial-of-service attacks - overwhelmed the servers of the other two companies, Amazon Web Services and UDomain, shortly after the system opened for pre-registration on June 13.
- Phoenix Priest Shot Dead, Another Wounded at Catholic Church - NBC News.com Police believe it was a bungled burglary or was it a staged assassination attack on Christians?
- 3 killed June 12, 2014 Hamas Terrorists Kidnap, Kill 3 Israeli High School Teens
Daily Misfortune June 11, 2014 --- Wednesday 1 domestic terrorist attack
- June 11, 2014 Arizona Power Plant Fuel Tank Explosion was caused by a makeshift incendiary device which was placed next to a large capacity diesel fuel tank, which spilled but did not ignite. The explosion is being investigated by the FBI, and took place around 9:30 a.m. at the UniSource Energy Services Valencia Plant in Nogales. Fox
- Ohio PF Chang's shooting kills Jermain Boone from California at Dayton Mall MIAMI TWP., Ohio (WDTN) A shooting in the P.F. Chang’s parking lot at about 8:00 p.m., police said two suspects opened fire at a parked car at the Dayton Mall restaurant on SR 725.One person is dead and another was recently released from the hospital. Jermain Boone, 41, from Los Angeles, was killed
Daily Misfortune June 10,2014 --- Tuesday 1 domestic terrorist attack
- 1 rocket destroyed June 10, 2014 Sabotage of Russian Proton-M booster Lie detector exposes probable sabotage of Russian Proton-M booster rt Intentional damage to a Proton rocket booster was reportedly established by a polygraph and a criminal case has been initiated, Izvestia daily quotes the Ministry of Interior. Previously sabotage was considered an unlikely option Investigation into the Proton-M rocket crash in April 2013 conducted by the Federal Security Service (FSB) has resulted in establishing general proof that foreign matter could have been deliberately placed into crucial components of the booster in order to provoke malfunction – at the factory where the boosters are assembled.
- 28.4 million without power: June 10, 2014 Yemen Power Line Attack Plunges All of Yemen Into Darkness The entire country of Yemen was left without electricity for two days after tribesmen insurgents sabotaged power lines linking the capital Sana'a and power plantes in the contested Ma'rib Governorate. Yemen warplanes struck back at suspected saboteurs. Insurgent attacks on power lines and trucks carrying fuel to the capital have deprived residents and government forces of electricity and fuel over the past days.
- 3 casualties 2 dead including suspect, 1 wounded June 10, 2014 Troutdale Oregon Reynolds High School Shooting In Troutdale near Portland Oregon, at the Reynolds High School, a gunman student dressed in black with an assault rifle at 8 a.m. shot and killed one 13 yr old student and wounded one teacher and grazed another before he was found after shooting himself in a bathroom.At the same high school in 2012, hundreds of students stayed home from school one day after threats of violence spread on social media.
Daily Misfortune June 9, 2014 Monday --- 1 domestic no-harm terrorist attack arrested
- June 9, 2014 North Hollywood Rifle Man On Roof Standoff In Los Angeles North Hollywood a suspect was pursued for driving like a terrorist. He got out with a M-4 military rifle, and climbed at one point onto rooftops before he barricaded himself in and ended when tear gas was fired into the house. The pursuit ended after four hours and forced several schools to be locked down. Police started the chase when he was seen outside the home of a woman he had made terrorist threats against, and already had a warrant for his arrest.
Daily Misfortune June 8, 2014 Sunday --- 1 domestic terrorist attack
- 5 dead including 2 suspects, 2 police June 8, 2014 Las Vegas Suicide Couple Ambushes and Kills Two Officers, Walmart customer In Las Vegas, a couple who some say shouted “This is a revolution!” ambushed and shot two police officers eating at a pizza restaurant and shot a third at a nearby Walmart before killing each other in a suicide pact. Polic found swaztikas in the suspects apartment and they were known to be anti-government white supremacists spouting conspiracy theories who often spoke of killing cops, and they draped a don't tread on me flag over their victims.
- Friends say latest Seattle shooting victim was Somali native Osman is the fourth person to be killed in a shooting in Seattle this week. Although the incidents do not appear to be related, many people are worried.e investigating a deadly shooting overnight in the International District. The gunman is still on the loose. Friends say the latest victim was 27-year-old Mohamed Osman, a Somali native, who moved to Seattle a few years ago. q13fox
- Man dead, 2 women wounded during shooting at Brooklyn college graduation barbecue A 21-year-old man was killed and two teenage women were wounded when a gunman opened fire at a crowded barbecue on a Brooklyn street Sunday morning, police said. a crowd of around 75 people were celebrating a college graduation with a barbecue on Quincy St. near Marcus Garvey Blvd. in Bedford-Stuyvesant shortly before 1 a.m. when shots rang out. Cornell Clarke’s torso was pierced by a bullet, a 17-year-old girl was shot in the hip, and a 19-year-old woman was shot in the buttocks and thigh in the fusillade, cops said. nydailynews
- Man killed outside Staten Island bar belonging to 'Mob Wives' star Big Ang A beloved customer known as a “gentle giant” was killed with a punch to the face at a bar owned by “Mob Wives” reality TV star Angela (Big Ang) Raiola on Sunday, cops said.
- Suspect Dead After Officer Involved-Shooting At Cromwell Light Rail Station GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) - A deadly shooting involves an MTA officer and a woman at a light rail station
- Eleven Pakistanis killed by assailants who stormed Karachi airportAccording to preliminary information from Pakistani security officials, the attack began when about five terrorists gained access to Jinnah International Airport, apparently shooting their way through a gate near the old terminal. At least five others ..(Just like LAX TSA rampage but the motive is obvious here)
- Victims: 3 guards killed, dozens of hostages before withdrawing Islamist Terrorists Attack University of Anbar College
- Dead bodies of 21 policemen recovered in Mosul city of Iraq, who were kidnapped a day before by militants.(IANS via Biharprabha)
- At least 52 people are dead following a series of bombings in Baghdad. (AP via Business Week)
- At least 37 people including 16 women and 8 children are killed in a massacre in the Democratic Republic of the Congo's South Kivu province. (Sky News)
- Flash flooding in Afghanistan's Baghlan province has killed at least 65 people and forced thousands of people to relocate. (BBC)
- 1 killed, 1 critically injured celebrity June 7, 2014 Truck Driver Rear Ends Tracy Morgan's Sprinter Van
- Ten supporters of former President of Egypt Mohammed Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood movement are sentenced to death in absentia for allegedly inciting violence and blocking a road last July. (AP via New Zealand Herald)
- Altaf Hussain, the exiled founder of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement in Pakistan, is released in London on money laundering charges. (ABC Australia and AFP)
- UK Education Secretary Michael Gove apologises to Prime Minister David Cameron over a row with Home SecretaryTheresa May about how to tackle Islamic extremism following recent revelations about a Muslim plot to take over schools in Birmingham. (BBC)
- 2 injured run over by car, 1 arrested June 7, 2014 Mother Krista Riddell Attacks Couple With Car After Calling Child In Car
- June 7, 2014 Weekend Spokane stabbing victim identified spokesman Sean Oie, 49 died of a stab wound to the chest at the STA bus plaza downtown
- 1 killed June 7, 2014 Friends say latest Seattle International District shooting victim Mohamed Osman was Somali native
- 1 killed 1 injured June 7, 2014 Unarmed Suspect Shot Dead After Trying to Choke Officer Involved-Shooting At Maryland Rail Station
- Daily Misfortune June 6, 2014 Friday 2 attacks - one on GA courthouse, on on naval base
- Dennis Marx Sovereign Suicide Assault on Cumming GA Courthouse 2 casualties: 1 suspect killed, 1 officer wounded, downtown cordoned off for hours. June 6, 2014 In Cumming, GA at the Forsyth County Courthouse, Dennis Marx was due to plead guilty in a drug case when he drove a rented SUV through flower beds into the steps, He fired through the windshield at an officer, and engaged in a shootout, armed like a terrorist commando wearing body armor tossing improvised and commercial explosives, 2 handguns, homemade spike strips and smoke devices to keep police away. He wounded a deputy who expected to recover before he was killed in a two minute gun battle with several police. Marx, who was part of the violent anti-government sovereign citizen movement was apparently going to try to take over the courthouse and take hostages.
- 1 victim injured (stabbing) 1 arrested Friday June 6, 2014 Portsmouth VA Navy Medical Center Stabbing A stabbing at the Portsmouth Naval Medical Center outside the Navy Exchange store left Petty Officer 2nd Class Justin Powell in critical condition, and resulted in a lockdown of the facility. The suspect arrested was Petty Officer 3rd Class Wilbur Harwell. The two men knew each other and were arguing when one stabbed the other. This may be a 1 victim version of Fort Hood.
1 killed 3 injured, suspect arrested June 5, 2014 2014 Seattle Pacific University Shooting Police responded to a shooting on Seattle Pacific University in which at least four people were shot. At least two people suffered from life threatening injuries, and one died in the hospital. The gunman walked into SPU’s Otto Miller Hall armed with a shotgun and a handgun and shot three people in the foyer with the shotgun. As the gunman was reloading, a student building monitor tackled the gunman and other students then jumped him, and restrained him until police arrived.The suspect said that he went off his meds so that he would become angry, and chose SPU because the students there were so friendly.
- Armed attacks and conflicts
- Islamist insurgency in Nigeria:
- An attack on a Yemeni military checkpoint by suspected al-Qaeda militants inShabwah Governorate, Yemen, leaves 14 people dead. (BBC)
- Business and economy
- The European Central Bank cuts the prime interest rate to 0.15% and sets the deposit rate at -0.10% in an attempt to devalue the euro and boost thestagnant Eurozone economy. (New York Times)
- Disasters and accidents
- A AV-8B Harrier jet crashes in the U.S. city of Imperial, California, resulting in the destruction of three homes. (BBC)
- Law and crime
- Tuam mass grave:
- The People's Republic of China claims to have arrested 29 people following recent terrorist attacks in the Xinjiang region. (AP via ABC)
- Pakistani police arrest multiple people involved in the stoning of Farzana Parveen, bringing the total number of people in custody to 12. (CNN)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police extend a national manhunt for a 24-year-old gunman who killed 3 police officers and wounded 2 others in a shootout inMoncton.(Reuters)
- Four people are shot with one dead and three injured during a shooting on the campus of Seattle Pacific University. (CNN), (Washington Post)
Daily Misfortune June 4, 2014 ---
5 victims, 3 killed 2 wounded, city of 69,000 locked down. June 4, 2014 2014 Moncton Canada Domestic Terrorist Attack Three officers from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) were shot and killed in Moncton, New Brunswick. Additionally, two other RCMP officers were wounded as the result of the shootings. A manhunt for the shooter later named as 24-year-old Justin Bourque was launched, and on 6 June, Bourque was found and taken into custody, ending the approximate 28-hour manhunt.
June 4, 2014: Minneapoilis Wrong Way Murder Kirt H. Schmidt was driving the wrong way on northbound, hitting James D. Winnes head-on and sending the car into the trailer of a semi, killing both drivers. Schmidt driving history includes six convictions for drunken driving, but there is no evidence he was driving under the influenc this time.
June 4, 2014 One person died and three others were hurt in a wrong-way crash in northwest Fort Worth, Texas . At 3 a.m. on Northwest Loop 820 a man driving an Isuzu Trooper was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of the highway when he hit a service truck and Kia car.He was killed on impact. myfoxfw
Daily Misfortune June 3, 2014 ---
- Police: Manuel Joyner-Bell, 20, admits to all 6 theater bottle bomb incidents WJLA He is seen here walking in and out of a movie theater in Anne Arundel County on March 8 - during the first of six so-called bottled bomb explosions across the D.C. area. Duct tape covers the address of Joyner's family home on Stillwater Place in Bowie, .
- 1 dead, 4 wounded in Atlanta shooting Authorities late this morning identified the man killed in a predawn shooting in northeast Atlanta that left four other men wounded.
- Nigeria Bomb Blast Kills at Least 14 Since then, a string of strikes have killed at least 500 civilians. Last weekend saw a botched attempt by a suicide bomber to strike an open-air viewing of a soccer match in the central city of Jos, which was ravaged by a twin bomb explosion days ...
- Photos released of Indian girls who were raped, killed and hanged from tree ny daily news Murti and Pushpa, cousins who were only 14 and 15 years old, were kidnapped when they went outside to use the bathroom by a group of five men who raped them, killed them and then hanged their bodies from a tree. Three of the assailants have been ..
- Captured Jewish Museum shooting suspect carried weapons, gas mask (CNN) -- Police have arrested a suspect in Marseille, France, in connection with the shooting deaths of three people May 24 at the Jewish Museum in Brussels, Belgium, Belgian federal magistrate Wenke Roggen said Sunday.
- 6 injured, 4 cars damaged June 3, 2014 Diabetic Shock Driver Injures 6 in New York Gas Station Crash and Fire In New York's Hutchinson River Parkway near White Plains, two cars burned at a Mobil gas station and rounds burst in an unmarked police car, injuring six. A 70-year old man went into diabetic shock and crashed into a car and gas pump when he pulled in, setting two cars aflame, damaging two other cars, and closing the parkway for time.
- 3 killed June 3, 2014 3 Women Throats Slit in Fort Worth Texas Three women are found dead in a house in Fort Worth with their throats cut, the second triple homicide in the city in two days.
- 2 killed including child, apparent suicide Fatal crash Canada car parked on tracks with train was likely deliberate
- 5 killed 15 wounded pro-Russian separatists launch attack on a border control centre near Luhansk
- At least 16 people are killed and 58 injured when a bus carrying Indian pilgrims fell into Madi River in Pyuthan district of Nepal. (IANS via Biharprabha)
- A massive sandstorm and record winds hits Tehran causing power blackouts in the Iranian capital and killing at least four people. (AAP via SBS)Law and crime
- Four arrested in Paris and southern France on suspicion of recruiting militants to fight in Syria. (BBC)
- President Obama not notifying the US Congress about the release of prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in the deal to release Bowe Bergdahl.
- 3 killed June 2, 2014 Fort Worth Two Triple Homicides in Two Days
- 21 casualties 2 killed 19 injured June 2, 2014 Arkansas Logging Truck Blows Tire, Kills 2 Hurts 19
- 2 casualties hit by debris, 1 woman arrested June 1, 2014: Komen Race Cat Poop Frozen Chicken Parts Attack
- 4 casusalties 3 killed including gunman, 1 wounded May 30, 2014 Norfolk Drive-By Shooting Spree Kills High School Grad, Policeman