Timeline June 2014 ---
- June 15, 2014 Benghazi Ringleader Ahmed Abu Khattala Captured US Special Operations forces arrested Ahmed Abu Khattala, one of the suspected ringleaders of the attacks on US embassy in Benghazi.
- 1 killed, 1 pled guilty June 15, 2014 Retired NYPD Levittown Kills Downs Bryanna Soplin Hit and Run Crash Bryanna Soplin, 13, who had Down syndrome, unknowingly left her family’s home and was crossing the street when she was hit by a minivan just after midnight. On August 6, retired NYPD officer Michael Elardo pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of the Levittown crash, saying "I certainly am sorry"
- 7 people are killed in Aden, Yemen, after a gunman opens fire on a minibus. (Voice of America)
- Islamist militants kill dozens of people in the Kenyan town of Mpeketoni in the Lamu Archipelago in a four hour series of attacks on hotels. (The Telegraph)
- War in North-West Pakistan Airstrikes in the northwestern tribal area bordering Afghanistan kill as many as 100 militants. (Canadian Press via Nanaimo Daily News)
- Abu Abdur Rehman Almani, the alleged mastermind behind 2014 Jinnah International Airport attack, is killed during air strikes carried out by Pakistan Air Force. (IANS via Biharprabha)
27 shot 2 killed in Chicago over Fathers Day Weekend At least two people have been killed and 25 others wounded in shootings across Chicago over Father's Day weekend.
A high school reunion turned deadly Saturday night in East Peoria after a man walked into a bar and shot a woman and another man before being fatally shot by an off-duty police officer. a man walked into a bar and shot a woman and another man before being fatally shot by an off-duty police officer.
Last week’s Las Vegas shootings that left five dead, including two on-duty police officers, coincides with a nationwide increase of officers killed in 2014.
2014/06/15/number-police- officers-killed-on-job-up-40- percent-over-last-year