October 9, 2015 1 killed 3 injured suspect arrested Steven Jones Alleged Northern Arizona University Shooter In early morning overnight, there was an argument and fight that broke out between two groups of students near the building housing fraternities. Student Steven Jones who was not a member ran to his car to get a gun, and started shooting into a crowd, hitting 4 students and killing one. He claimed to be shooting in self defense after being chased and threatened, but authorities believe he just made up a self-serving cover story. All of the victims were members of the Delta Chi fraternity. His motives are unclear, but police don't believe it was a random targeting of students. In April 2017 trial he said that he was afraid for his life.
Looks part Asian?
Steven Jones, Northern Arizona University freshman ... www.al.com The Huntsville Times Steven Jones, an 18-year-old freshman at Northern Arizona ..... Tearunner Pics another student posted show him as white, looks mixed Asian/Caucasion judging by the eyes but heavily favoring Caucasian.
- Fight: NAU Police Chief G.T. Fowler said the shooting stems from a conflict that developed between two groups of students, saying that after the dispute escalated, one of the students "produced a handgun" and opened fire.
- Fraternity: shooting victims were members of the school’s Delta Chi fraternity
- Instagram 18-year-old freshman who poses with firearms on his Instagram page
- Kicked out of party: Facebook post from an NAU student, Jones had been kicked out of a party and returned with a vengeance: Steven Jones was kicked out of a party. He came back with some friends and started to fight with the victims. One was dead on arrival, one was shot in the stomach and lung, one was shot in the neck, straight through, and I can’t recall where the last one was shot. They’re all in surgery.
- Newsweek reports that the NAU shooting is the 46th school shooting in 2015.
- Party: left a party and were standing in the street getting ready to walk home when a guy walked up with a pistol and just started shooting…I heard five or six shots and then my friends just tackled him.
- Pledge: 18-year-old Northern Arizona University student accused of opening fire on four fraternity brothers, killing one, was a pledge seeking membership for another fraternity. Sigma Chi Fraternity. shooting was not associated with any chapter event. Jones was removed from the chapter's pledge program. chapter's operations have also been suspended while the Evanston, Illinois-based fraternity investigates the shooting. (nytimes)
- Self defense cover story lie Fraternity Holds Vigil The New York Times prosecutor says there is no indication of self-defense on the part of the 18-year-old ... Barker says Jones gave "self-serving statements to police.". Jones claims he was chased by several people as he ran to his car and then he yelled at them that he had a gun. Barker says Jones gave "self-serving statements to police." Barker says the student who died was hit with two bullets, one in the chest and one in the shoulder. Jones told NAU police that several people approached him and two of his friends as they were outside a residence early Friday. He said a fight ensued and he was punched in the face. As two people approached him, Jones says he shot both of them. (planned night time shooting) Used a flashlight affixed to the gun to illuminate the area before firing.
- Tackled by unarmed students after firing gun
- Tactical flashlight - means he was planning to kill somebody at night ABC Jones told police that he used a flashlight affixed to the gun to Jones told police that he used a flashlight affixed to the gun to illuminate the area before firing.
- Twitter: @TheStevenSoFar, Jones’ last meaningful tweet featured his complaint about the lack of manners in society. Ten days before that, he wrote, “The three Gs of college: Gains, Girls and Grades #realtalk.” Jones also maintained a Tumblr page called Northernish on which he posted photos of himself on vacation. Gay rights: Lol @ hateful people throwing hissy fits because gays finally have their rights Starting 2 think @OneGayHipster only has one shirt
- Victims: Victims Have Been Named as Nicholas Prato, Kyle Zientek, Nicholas Piring, the Deceased Man Is Colin Brough..
- Heavy: Northern Arizona University Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know Steven Jones, NAU Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- New York Times Latest
*Disinformation backing evil:
Why apologists for the murdering mass shooter?
Ken Rineer Yes, it could have been Steven that was beaten to a pulp, putting him in intensive care, or worse, beaten to death. Why did these four fraternity members pick a fight with Steven and his friends? Unfortunately one is dead and four were injured. The four injured will have an opportunity to think twice before picking a fight. We do not know yet how much of a threat the 4 attackers posed to the group walking, did they pose enough of a danger for Steven to fear for his life? Those details will surely come out as the prosecution progresses. - likes Rand Paul, Snowden Gun Owners of Arizona
Steve Miller · Glendale, Arizona Having been in a fraternity pledge environment many years ago, it's not hard to imagine what would bring a "level-headed" freshman to fire several shots at four juniors from a rival fraternity. I can still remember the animosity between rival houses and the escalation of tensions during Pledge Week. I don't know the circumstances of this incident (as does anyone else other than the actors), but the "victims" are probably not without blame as are the brothers of the shooter.
They're holding a vigil for a dude like he's some sort of angel. He and a bunch of frat douches approached Jones and started a fight with him...guess what, you don't start none, won't be none. Was it stupid for Jones to go back and start shooting and will he pay for it, absolutely but again, these frat douches don't go acting like tough guys and everyone is enjoying the weekend. BTW, this same scenario played out on the streets of NY, Chicago,LA and Detroit 100x since this went down in Arizona but I guess since it's not privileged white kids there's nothing to report...
NAU shooting defendant Steven Jones takes stand, says he feared for his life AZCentral.com ... SHOOTING CASENAU shooting defendant Steven Jones describes the shooting | 16:17. Steven Jones, on trial for first-degree murder and aggravated assault for the NAU shooting in October 2015, describes the shooting while testifying on April 20, 2017.
Prosecution rests its case in NAU shooting trial of Steven JonesAZFamily
2 Northern Arizona University shooting victims testifyKGUN
2 Northern Arizona University shooting victims testifyKGUN
Jones told investigators that several people approached him and two friends while they were outside a residence. A fight broke out between the two groups, and Jones said he was hit in the face. According to the suspect, a group came out of the house and chased him. He ran to his car and retrieved a handgun. Two of the victims had stopped following him but turned around when he yelled that he had a gun. Jones said he shot them both but then tried to help one of them.
A friend of Jones said the first victim asked Jones why he brought a gun before the suspect shot him multiple times, police said. The second victim was shot after taking a step in Jones' direction, according to the witness. Both were standing no more than 10 feet away.
A group tried to subdue Jones, who fired a shot in the air. Jones said he then dropped his firearm, which had a flashlight attached to it.
University police chief Gregory T. Fowler identified Jones as the shooter and said he used a handgun in the 1:20 a.m. shootings.
Fowler says Jones pulled out a handgun with a flashlight attachment before firing at the students from 10ft away. He allegedly stopped shooting when officers arrived at the scene about 1.20am and subdued him Jones was taken into custody. He has reportedly been cooperating with police. newsgrio
Northern Arizona University student was shot while comforting dying fraternity brother during campus gun attack BY MEG WAGNER NEW YORK DAILY NEWS October 10, 201
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/northern-arizona-university-frat-holds-vigil-shooting-article-1.2392460 Norcutt said the gunman initially shot just two students and stopped firing when he stumbled. Prato ran to Brough’s side as his girlfriend tended to the other injured student. Jones told investigators that several people approached him and two friends while they were outside Mountain View Hall, which houses many of the school’s fraternity and sorority members. He opened fire only after they hit him in the face and chased him to his car, where he kept his gun, he claimed. Prosecutors said Jones was the aggressor.
5 reasons why we need to take a closer look at fatal NAU shooting The Republic | azcentral.com October 10, 2015 ANALYSIS: There are reasons we should be paying attention to Friday's shooting.
If it had been anywhere else, it might have slipped under the radar. But it was the middle of the night on campus, in the middle of a nation already primed to recoil at another headline that announced: "College shooting." Initial reports suggested that the incident was the latest in a series of random rampages that have rattled America's nerves. Gov. Doug Ducey, U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and U.S. Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, D-Ariz., immediately issued statements on the tragedy. As more details emerged, it appeared the early-morning shooting that left one NAU student dead and three others wounded on Friday had not been a random massacre like other recent incidents. shooting lacked the details that have become tragically expected elsewhere: indications of mental illness or extremist indoctrination, targeting based on ideology or a crazed manifesto. 1. not a lot of deaths 2. deadly shooting comes at a time when fraternities have been taking heat in Arizona and across the country. 4. r that carrying the weapon used onto campus was a violation of university rules. Firearms are banned on campus except if transported or stored out of sight in a locked vehicle,
October 9, 2015 Flagstaff campus shooting suspect Steven Jones showed interest in firearms before NAU AZCentral.com NAU shooting suspect Steven Jones posed with his guns in social-media posts.
1 dead 3 injured Deadly Mass Shooting of 4 Reported on Northern Arizona University's Flagstaff Campus ABC News deadly shooting occurred on Northern Arizona University's Flagstaff campus early this morning unclear what sparked the shooting, which took place near Mountain View Hall, a dormitory that houses most of the campus' students involved in Greek organizations. suspect in custody motive unknown 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Northern Arizona University Fox News Shooting At Northern Arizona University Campus: 1 Dead, 3 Injured NPR Suspect in custody after shooting at N. Arizona University ... USA Today A suspect has been taken into custody at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff after a shooting early Friday that left one person dead and ...Northern Arizona Shooting: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com- One student is dead and three others were injured in a shooting at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. The suspected gunman is in .. One student is killed and three others wounded during an early morning shooting in a Northern Arizona University dorm in Flagstaff, Arizona. The suspected shooter was taken into custody. (New York Daily ews) (NPR)Northern Arizona University shooting followed confrontation, police say CNN "My thoughts and prayers are with families of the person who was killed and the three others who were wounded in the horrificshooting on the campus of Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff early this morning," he said. "I appreciate the efforts of ...Fight among students led to fatal shooting at Northern Arizona University: policeNew York's PIX11 / WPIX-TVNorthern Arizona University Shooting Leaves 1 Dead and 3 WoundedNew York Times
Statement from Northern Arizona University regarding shooting on campus NAU News 8 a.m. update: The victims currently being treated at Flagstaff Medical Center have been identified as Nicholas Prato, Kyle Zientek and Nicholas Piring. The deceased student is Colin Brough Our thoughts are with the victims and their families, and our entire Lumberjack family,” said NAU President Rita Cheng. suspect in custody is Steven Jones, a freshman at NAU.
1 dead, freshman arrested in N. Arizona University shooting
USA TODAY - 53 mins agoA male freshman at Northern Arizona University opened fire on a group of ... The 18-year-old suspect was identified as Steven Jones, an NAU ...
Steven Jones, Northern Arizona University freshman, identified as shooting suspect
AL.com - 3 hours ago
Statement from Northern Arizona University regarding shooting on campus
NAU News - 6 hours agoMore news for Steven Jones, a freshman at NAU.
Steven Jones, Northern Arizona University freshman ...
The Huntsville Times3 hours ago - Steven Jones, an 18-year-old freshman at Northern Arizona University, has been identified as the suspect in a shooting that killed one person ...
Steven Jones, Delta Chi Shooter: Must See Photos & Info
3 hours ago - Looking for Steven Jones the NAU shooter? ... Steven Jones, A Freshman, Responsible For Delta Chi Shooting At Northern Arizona University.
Steven Jones, NAU Suspect - Heavy.com
3 hours ago - Steven Jones is the shooting suspect at Northern Arizona University. One person was killed. ... 1. He Was Tackled by Students After the Gunfire ...
A Northern Arizona University student named Steven Jones, 18, has been named as the suspect in a shooting at the college that killed one person and injured four others.
This is a breaking story so stay tuned for updates.
1. He Was Tackled by Students After the Gunfire ... fight at the school in Flagstaff in the parking lot of a one of the dorms. The gunfire rang out at 1:20 a.m. Mountain time. Shortly after, Jones was arrested without a fight. ... after a campus party had ended. A witness told the paper:
We had just left a party and were standing in the street getting ready to walk home when a guy walked up with a pistol and just started shooting…I heard five or six shots and then my friends just tackled him. They got him really quick. We were leaving and it all happened on the sidewalk across from Mountain View.
... gun used was handgun. Fowler added “We don’t know what caused the confrontation.”
2. The Victims Have Been Named as Nicholas Prato, Kyle Zientek, Nicholas Piring, the Deceased Man Is Colin Brough.. shooting involved members of the school’s Delta Chi fraternity. Those rumors were later confirmed by a statement from the frat which read in part “We have investigated the matter and can confirm that there were members involved.”
3. Colin Brough Was an Associate Member of Delta Chi
5. This Shooting Is Just a Week After Chris Harper Mercer Killed 9 People at Umpqua Community College... Newsweek reports that the NAU shooting is the 46th school shooting in 2015.
Northern Arizona University Shooting: Steven Jones ...
Hollywood Life3 hours ago - Steven Jones has been revealed as the alleged gunman behind the ...The dorm housed many students involved in Greek organizations, and ..