White Christian terrorist was is on the same team and acts the same as islamic terrorists, but not classified as a terrorist attack because he was a "lone wolf".
July 23, 2015 3 killed including suspect suicide, 9 injured John Houser Lafayette Theater Shooting Mass shooting occurred at the Grand 16 movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.John Russell Houser, (white right wing Christian pro-jihadist anti-American neo-confederate neo-Nazi mentally ill anti-feminist) age 59 opened fire during a showing of the feminist comedy film Trainwreck, killing two people and injuring nine others before committing suicide. In a journal, he said he had hated America for 30 years and thanked and approved of the confederate flag waving black church mass shooter Dylann Roof though authorities do not believe the obvious possibility that the two cases could be connected. While authorities ignored any terrorist or political motive, on the liberal Huffington Post, political science professor John A. Tures called the attack just the "latest in a string of lone wolf domestic terrorists like Dylann Roof, the Charleston shooter, with a strong political agenda."
Connected by media: In the next month police in Tennessee shot and killed a mentally ill homeless man who attacked a Nashville-area movie theater with a pellet gun, an ax and pepper spray, and jurors in Colorado were weighing a death sentence for James Holmes, who killed 12 moviegoers and wounded 70 others at a movie theater in 2012. One of a series of terrorist attacks on movie and concert theaters in Paris.
e 59-year-old Alabama man who killed two people and himself on Thursday at a Lafayette, Louisiana movie theater had a long Internet trail in which he cheered the demise of the U.S. and “saluted” Muslim fundamentalists. The shooter, identified as John Russell Houser, was no radical Islamist, however. Instead, he appears to have been a Christian who found kinship with others who oppose what they believe is the U.S.’s anti-religion liberalism
on Jan. 10. His profile entry reads: “Hitler accomplished far more than any other through ‘pragmatically forming.'”
And in one thread, Houser commented on so-called Muslim “no-go” zones which are said to exist in some neighborhoods in some European cities.
“Bring no-go to the US. I want in. Yes, I am saluting the fundamentalist Muslims. They have stood against evil,” Houser wrote.
And in another, Houser cheered Muslim extremists for defending their religion.
“Yes it’s true, Muslims are alone in shutting down liberals that mock their God. They have my complete Christian respect.”
“I’m with all who hate the filth farm known as the US,” he wrote in another post entitled “Islamists and ‘the right to offen
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/24/louisiana-theater-shooter-praised-fundamentalist-muslims-signed-up-on-tea-party-page-and-quoted-hitler/#ixzz4CPmUlyzA
Also on this day other events that look like terrorist attacks:
- 1 killed 1 wounded by random shootings July 23, 2015 Philadelphia: Teen wounded, man killed in [connected but] separate shootings [hit by 'stray' gunfire sitting in car] in Kensington
- threat July 23, 2015 China's People's Liberation Army conducts a series of military exercises simulating an attack on Taiwan's Presidential Office Building.
- July 23, 2015 18 killed Egypt captain arrested after crashing into party boat on crowded Nile River during celebrations
- July 23, 2015 Ohio: man killed in officer-involved shooting
- July 23, 2015 Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 Crash [Conspiracy Theory Propaganda] Illustrates Different Realities in Russia vs. West
- July 23, 2015 As Chattanooga gunman [contemplating marytrdom] fired, sailors, Marines protected others FBI Says Service Member Shot At Gunman in Chattanooga
- July 23, 2015 Turkey attacks ISIS after exchange of fire
- July 23, 2015 Turkey agrees to allow the United States access to İncirlik Air Base for coalition forces' air strikes against ISIS.
- July 23, 2015 Broken Arrow killings Five people are killed and a girl is wounded in a stabbing at a home in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, U.S. Two teenage suspects are arrested.
- July 23, 2015 3 killed including suspect suicide, 9 injured John Houser Lafayette Theater Shooting No motive, acted alone
- 1 killed, suspect at large July 23, 2015 Shooting of Seattle Chinatown International District activist Donnie Chin sitting in car
- 1 killed July 23, 2015 Turkish soldier killed by shots from Syrian side of border in ISIS clash
- July 23, 2015 US, allies launch 27 airstrikes against ISIS in Syria, Iraq
- July 23, 2015 Tunisia forces kill suspected jihadist, arrest 16 in raids
- 2 dead July 23, 2015 Distraught father, toddler found dead in Lake Limerick WA home
- July 23, 2015 1 killed Mississippi man with drugs accused of killing another 23-year-old
- shots fired 1 arrested July 23, 2015 Man Arrested For Drive-by Shooting At Alabama Police During Traffic Stop
- 1 killed by police July 23, 2015 Man killed by police at Arby's near Minneapolis was shot in head, authorities say
- Heavy: John Houser: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know a right wing blogger called a "drifter" by police
- Wikipedia: 2015 Lafayette shooting On July 23, 2015, a shooting occurred at the Grand 16 movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana. John Russell Houser, age 59, opened fire during a showing of the ...
- Bryce Ward Murders of News Crew Alison Parker and Adam Ward - Wikipedia also had wigs and disguises... Bryce Williams kills self after on-air slayings - CNN Vester Flanagan, who police say killed two Virginia journalist
- Cinema Rex fire - Wikipedia Probably set by Islamic radiccals WikipediaOn 19 August 1978 in the Cinema Rex fire, the Cinema Rex in Abadan, Iran, was set ablaze, killing at least 470 individuals. The vent started when men barred ...
- Harlem Nights movie theater shooting
- 2012 Aurora shooting movie shooting by commando-style terrorist alleged muslim convert
- Charleston church shooting Dylann Roof later confessed that he committed the shooting in hopes of igniting a race war. Houser endorsed Roof shooting in a notebook
- Lee Harvey Oswald tactics
Numerous red flags this guy is a terrorist-style criminal
- Accounting degree
- Admiration: for shooters of the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church, the Kansas Jewish Community Center, and backed the Westboro Baptist Church.
- Anti-American: "I have hated the US for at least 30 years." "America as a whole is now the enemy," he wrote, also warning of impending problems for the country. "I have hidden nothing and have hated the US for at least 30 years. It will soon be every man for himself. A global rearrangement comes soon."
- Anti-Abortion Women: In 1990s, Houser encouraged violent responses to abortion host Calvin Floyd recalled.”
- Anti-US: The end to the modern day Rome comes soon,”“Death comes soon to the financially failing filth farm called the US
- Bar owner. He owned and operated the Peachtree Pub in Columbus, Georgia, and Rusty’s Buckhead Pub in Lagrange.
- Blend: tried to blend in with the crowd of people fleeing after the shooting but turned back after spotting officers entering the theater.
- Bomb (fake?) found two suspicious objects with wires inside his car. Fearing that the items might be an explosive, the police halted the investigation. On the morning of July 24, they called the bomb squad, who blew up its windows and trunk. Similarly, investigators found three objects in the theater that they feared could be explosives and had them examined with a robot.
- Business owner
- David Duke supporter: (pro-Putin, pro-Iran) Southern Poverty Law Center spotted Houser registering to meet with former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2005
- Death: "I will take death" PoliticalForum.com Truth carries with it an understanding of death. Rather than live without it, I will take death. My greatest fear is that I could die making a decision for the good of myself against everyone else. Compare to jihad oath "we love death more than you love life"
- Death to America (compared to Iran slogan Death to America) final Facebook post.reads: “Death comes soon to the financially failing filth farm called the US.”
- Democrats: argues opposite Democrats
- Denied pistol permit #Lafayette shooter John Houser denied pistol permit in Russell Co., Ala., in '06, says local sheriff. Appeared to have mental health issues
- Disguise Incidents- Had wigs glasses and disguise in his hotel room.,license plates,like Virginia TV shooter. suggesting Houser had hoped to escape after the shooting. Police have said he
- Escape plan: car parked near door
- Eviction The sheriff, Heath Taylor, says Houser also was recently evicted from a home there. Either '14 or '13 He was evicted from the house he owned in Phenix City. Heath Taylor, sheriff of Russell County, said Houser returned to the house and vandalized it by pouring concrete down the plumbing and tampering with the natural gas lines, including the one that ran to a fireplace inside."If you'd turned it on it would have blown [flames] out," Taylor said. (CNN)
- Estranged from Family
- Facebook “The end to the modern day Rome comes soon,” he wrote on December 25, 2013. That same day, Houser wrote his final Facebook post. It reads: “Death comes soon to the financially failing filth farm called the US.”
- Feminist movie: Feminist: one of 25 people who bought tickets to the romantic comedy starring feminist jokester Amy Schumer as a boozing, promiscuous reporter.
- Hitler: Houser turned to right-wing extremist Internet message boards, where he praised Adolf Hitler, (SPLC)
- ISIS: A Fox News host (falsely) speculated the Lafayette Theater shooter was a member of ISIS at first.
- Lafayette: His only known connection to Lafayette was an uncle who died there three decades ago.
- Lee Harvey Oswald - similar commando tactics
- Lone wolf: He called himself a lone wolf terrorist: never underestimate a “lone wolf”
- Southern Poverty Law Center hate group watchdogs spotted Houser registering to meet with former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2005.
- Liberals: hates liberals
- Nazi flag he owned bars in Georgia including one where he flew a Nazi banner out front as an anti-government statement. neighbor: and a Nazi swastika outside a bar he owned, and put "doomsday" fliers in his neighbors' mailboxes.
- Obama opponent: PoliticalForum.com he wrote about taxes, Obama
- Planning - extensive planning and preparation. Staked out movie theater before, like commando or intelligence operative.
- Parked car near door - like Aurora shooting
- Police knew him: "He was known to us," Phenix City Police Chief Ray Smith says, citing number of civil disputes and "strange behavior."
- Political activist
- PoliticalForum.com where he wrote about taxes, Obama and the impending collapse of the United States, Vocativ found. Responding to a thread in 2013 titled “How can you not see what is coming,” Houser offered a chilling assessment of his future. It is true that the US is about to fall. I will be in fear at that time as will everyone else,but not in a fear which resembles that of the leaders of foolishness and the brainwashed that follow.Truth carries with it an understanding of death. Rather than live without it, I will take death. My greatest fear is that I could die making a decision for the good of myself against everyone else
- Senseless violence: one red flag motive could be clandestine warfare staged as mental illness attack.
- Suicide attack
- Taxes opponent: PoliticalForum.com he wrote about taxes, Obama
- Terrorist: Another Domestic Terrorist Huffington Post latest in a string of lone wolf domestic terrorists like Dylann Roof, the Charleston shooter, with a strong political agenda.John A. Tures is a professor of political science White, Right-Wing, Tea Party Extremist Shoots Up Movie ... addictinginfo.org He is a terrorist with right-wing ties and his very own Tea Party page. More Terror on the Right: John Houser was a "Radical ... constantinereport.com In blog posts, Houser had expressed interest in white power groups and ...
- Theater attack on movie or concert
- Tea Party Nation - registered member
- Trained man on a mission carrying out orders, not a lone nut.
- Westboro Baptist Church (pro-Saddam anti-American) Twitter: "Westboro Baptist Church [supporter] may be the last real church in America where members are not brainwashed"
- Women: At NBC television affiliate's call-in show in the 1990s, Houser encouraged violent responses to abortion and condemned working women, host Calvin Floyd recalled.”
- January 13, 2016 Police release notebook where Hauser rants against America and Americans and praises Dylann Roof shooting up a black church.
- July 23, 2015 Houser shoots up theater
- June 17, 2015. Charleston church shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina by neo-confederate race warrior Dylann Roof
- March 2015 estranged wife, Kellie Houser, filed for divorce in March 2015, claiming he lashed out at her and warned, "I'd better watch out because he always wins."
- 2014 became estranged from his family and lost his businesses and his Phenix City home. When he was evicted, he ruined the property by pouring concrete into the plumbing and glue into the fixtures, police said.
- Febrary 2014 passed a federal background check in 2014, which enabled him to legally buy the .40-caliber handgun he used in the shooting from a pawn shop in Phenix City, Alabama. purchased his firearm at the Money Miser Northside Pawn shop in February 2014.
- 2013 Responding to a thread in 2013 titled “How can you not see what is coming,” Houser offered a chilling assessment of his future. It is true that the US is about to fall. I will be in fear at that time as will everyone else,but not in a fear which resembles that of the leaders of foolishness and the brainwashed that follow.Truth carries with it an understanding of death. Rather than live without it, I will take death. My greatest fear is that I could die making a decision for the good of myself against everyone else
- 2008, a Georgia judge ordered him detained for a mental evaluation after relatives claimed he was a danger to himself and others. But the judge said she didn't have him involuntarily committed.
- 2006 tried to get a concealed carry permit, but he was denied it due to his arson arrest and domestic violence complaint
- Southern Poverty Law Center hate group watchdogs spotted Houser registering to meet with former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2005.
- Women: At NBC television affiliate's call-in show in the 1990s, Houser encouraged violent responses to abortion and condemned working women, host Calvin Floyd recalled.”
2015 Lafayette shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On July 23, 2015, a shooting occurred at the Grand 16 movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana. John Russell Houser, age 59, opened fire during a showing of the film Trainwreck, killing two people and injuring nine others before committingsuicide.
The shooting occurred in theater 14 during the 7:10 p.m. screening of Trainwreck, held at the Grand 16 movie theater in Lafayette, just 60 miles (97 km) west ofBaton Rouge. Houser, 59, went to the theater alone, bought a ticket ten minutes late into the movie, and sat for several minutes in the theater's second-to-last row. Including Houser, there were 25 people in the theater and 300 people in the building. Houser was armed with a Hi-Point .40-caliber handgun and equipped with two 10-round magazines. Shortly before 7:30 p.m., he stood up and started shooting indiscriminately, firing at least 13 rounds from the handgun and reloading once. He killed two people and injured nine others.
The first two people he shot were sitting right in front of him. The shooting was contained to one theater. After the shooting ended, Houser exited the theater through a side door and apparently tried to head for his vehicle while blending in with survivors. However, upon noticing police sirens, he retreated back inside the building and fired three more shots at fleeing moviegoers. Then, he committed suicide.
Prior to the shooting, two police officers were already on duty at the 16-screen multiplex. Four other officers responded to the scene in less than a minute after receiving a 7:28 p.m. report of the shooting. After witnessing audiences fleeing and hearing gunshots, they made their way in the auditorium. Upon entering the theater, two-and-a-half minutes after arrival, they found Houser dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the mouth. His body remained inside the theater for several hours.
Following the shooting, the other local Grand Theatre was also closed, while the entire area was locked down as law enforcement officials searched for additional shooters. The Louisiana State Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), the Lafayette Parish Sheriff, and Lafayette Police Department police participated in the investigation. Police believe the shooter acted alone, but have not confirmed a motive.
Upon investigation, officials found that Houser had been staying in a nearby motel, a Motel 6, and discovered wigs, glasses, and disguises. This led officials to believe that he intended on escaping before being cornered by police, leading to his suicide. Furthermore, he illegally switched his license plates near an exit door to the theater, and in his motel room.
On late Thursday night, the police investigated Houser's car, a blue 1995 Lincoln Continental, and found two suspicious objects with wires inside. Fearing that the items might be an explosive, the police halted the investigation. On the morning of July 24, they called the bomb squad, who blew up its windows and trunk. Similarly, investigators found three objects in the theater that they feared could be explosives and had them examined with a robot. An apartment complex behind the theater was evacuated as a precaution. The objects in the theater and in the car all turned out not to be dangerous. A search of the car later turned up more disguises.
Investigators recovered a journal belonging to Houser, which contained the name of the theater and the time and date of the screening of Trainwreck. They were also studying posts he made online to determine a motive for the shooting. They finished processing the crime scene at the theater on July 27.
Questions were raised about how Houser was able to obtain the gun used in the shooting. It was initially reported that he had been involuntarily committed for mental health treatment in 2008, which would have legally prohibited him from purchasing firearms. However, it was later determined that he was able to purchase the gun because a judge never committed him and instead had him undergo a mental health evaluation. Once the evaluation was done, medical authorities either had to release him, convince him to commit himself voluntarily for treatment, or petition a court to force him to undergo treatment. They never petitioned the court, but it was unclear if Houser was released or voluntarily committed. His 2008 evaluation was never officially reported to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
|Born||John Russell Houser|
November 22, 1955
Columbus, Georgia, U.S.
|Died||July 23, 2015 (aged 59)|
Lafayette, Louisiana, U.S.
|Cause of death||Suicide by gunshot wound to the mouth|
|Residence||Phenix City, Alabama (last known)|
|Occupation||Former pub owner|
|Known for||Perpetrator of the 2015 Lafayette shooting|
John Russell "Rusty" Houser (November 22, 1955 – July 23, 2015) had a history of anti-government and far-rightviews, including those on race, gender, and the future of the U.S.
Houser, who had been estranged from his family, was described as a wayfarer and a drifter. According to law enforcement, he was raised in Columbus, Georgia, and graduated from Columbus High School and Columbus Technical College. According to an online LinkedIn account belonging to him, he also attended Columbus State University andFaulkner University. He owned a number of bars in Georgia. He once attended law school but dropped out. His last recorded residence was in Phenix City, Alabama, where he purchased his firearm at the Money Miser Northside Pawn shop in February 2014. In 2006, Houser tried to get a concealed carry permit, but he was denied it due to his arson arrest and domestic violence complaint.
Mental health problems
Houser was said to have mental health issues, for which he was treated in 2008 and 2009. In 2008, Houser underwent a mental health evaluation. According to his wife, he suffered from bipolar disorder.
Houser had some previous arrest and complaint records including arson, domestic violence, stalking, and selling alcohol to a minor, although these records were at least a decade old. In 2008, his wife and daughter, along with his daughter's then-fiancé and his parents, issued a protective order against him during his mental health evaluation. The order cited his violent and erratic behavior and reasoned that he had tried to stop his daughter and her fiancé from marrying. Houser's wife also hid his guns away from him for protection. After the order was issued, his family members apparently ceased contact with him.
In 2014, when Houser was faced with the threat of eviction from his home in Alabama, he booby-trapped the house by twisting out and igniting the gas starter tube in the fireplace, after removing the logs, in an attempt to make the house catch on fire. In March 2015, a week after his wife filed for divorce, Houser called her and threatened her, then went to a retirement community where his mother lived. There, he threatened to commit suicide outside if she didn't give him money. The mother called Houser's wife and was urged by her to have him hospitalized again. Instead, she gave Houser $5,000.
Prior to the shooting
Houser is said to have entered Louisiana around July 2 or 3 and spent his time exploring the state along Interstate 10, apparently searching for a location to attack. During the week of July 13, Houser visited a food bank in Lake Charles twice and requested aid from them. He had been at the Grand 16 theater at least once before, and had also visited several other movie theaters in the state. According to witnesses at one theater, Houser was dressed up to look like a woman and was behaving erratically. Houser also appeared to have made some getaway plans. His only known connection to Lafayette was an uncle who once lived there, but died in 1980.
On July 27, The Hollywood Reporter reported that investigators believed Houser chose to commit his attack in a theater playing Trainwreck due to its feminist themes and characters, as well as its lead actor's Jewish background. Houser was said to have been a misogynist and praised the actions of Adolf Hitler on online message boards.
Two women were killed by Houser in the shooting. One died at the scene, while the other died at a nearby hospital. They are:
- Mayci Breaux, age 21, of Franklin, Louisiana, who died at the theater. She was a student at Louisiana State University Eunice and worked at the Coco Eros boutique. She died from a single gunshot wound. She was accompanied at the theater by her boyfriend, Matthew Rodriguez, who was injured in the neck and in the armpit.
- Jillian Johnson, age 33, of Lafayette, who died at the hospital. She operated a gift and toy shop in Lafayette and played ukulele and guitar for a band called The Figs. She died from two gunshot wounds. She was accompanied at the theater by her friend Julia Egedahl, who was injured in the torso and suffered serious fractures.
The injuries of the survivors ranged from light to critical and were inflicted either from gunshots and/or during accidents while fleeing. The victims' ages ranged from the late teens to their 60s. Among the injuries were two women who were friends and employees at a local high school. One of them, a librarian, jumped on top of the second woman, a schoolteacher, to save her life and was shot through the leg. Both women were ultimately shot, but the woman who was jumped on was able to stand up and pull the fire alarm. Also injured were the cousin of Louisiana Representative Charles Boustany and her husband. Egedahl, the last victim discharged, leftOur Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center on August 14. One victim was shot four times.
Responses to the shooting
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal traveled to the scene of the shooting and said he was praying for the victims. He praised the actions of law enforcement during the shooting.
- U.S. Senators David Vitter and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana both released statements expressing their sorrow for the victims of the shooting, and that they were praying for them.
- Authorities in Louisiana and Alabama criticized the lack of funding for mental health services in the U.S., following the emergence of Houser's mental problems.
- Louisiana State Representative Barbara Norton stated that she is planning on drafting a bill to the criminal justice committee she serves on, which would require all movie theaters in Louisiana to have a metal detector.
Theater and film response
Amy Schumer, who wrote and starred in the film being shown as the shooting occurred, posted on her Twitter account, "My heart is broken and all my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Louisiana." She later joined U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, a cousin of her father's, in calling for stricter gun control and increased mental health funding.
Universal Studios, the film's distributor, also released a statement, saying, "All of us at Universal Pictures send our heartfelt sympathies to the victims of this senseless tragedy and their families in Louisiana."
The theater and its parent company, the Southern Theatres, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Security was increased at the other Grand movie theater in Kenner, Louisiana, and at the Esplanade Mall in Kenner. They later issued a statement, in which they said, "All of us offer our thoughts and prayers to the victims and the community of Lafayette. We are grateful to all local officials and to the governor for their efforts."
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Faith Karimi; Ralph Ellis (July 25, 2015). "Lafayette theater shooter switched license plates, had wigs waiting in hotel". CNN. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Saeed Ahmed (July 14, 2015). "Gunman kills 2, then himself in Lafayette, Louisiana, movie theater". CNN. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ Sarah Kaplan (July 23, 2015). "Gunman opens fire on La. movie theater, injuring several before killing himself". The Washington Post. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Louisiana cinema shooting: Lafayette gunman 'had violent past'". BBC News. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Lafayette, Louisiana, Movie Theater Gunman ID'd as John Russell Houser, 59, of Alabama". ABC News. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Wife filed 2008 protective order on theater gunman". MSN. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Today: Deadly Rampage in Louisiana Theater.". The Los Angeles Times. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Two dead in cinema shooting as Obama says he was stymied on gun control".The Telegraph. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Gunman goes on rampage in US cinema". The Times. July 24, 2015. RetrievedJuly 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Chilling Surveillance Video Shows Lafayette Gunman in Theater Before Shooting". NBC News. July 30, 2015. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- Jump up^ Lanie Lee Cook (July 31, 2015). "Videos and 911 tapes offer chilling glimpse into Lafayette shooting". The Advocate. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Rebecca Santana; Cain Burdeau (July 25, 2015). "Lafayette movie theater shooting survivor: "You needed a second to think, 'OK, this is real'"". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Leslie Turk; Richard Pérez-Peña; Liam Stack (July 24, 2015). "Lafayette, Louisiana, Gunman Identified as ‘Drifter’". The New York Times. RetrievedJuly 14, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Three Dead After Shooting at 'Trainwreck' Screening in Louisiana". The Hollywood Reporter. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Ralph Ellis and Greg Botelho (July 25, 2015). "Lafayette theater shooter bought gun legally, police say". CNN. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "3 Dead, 7 Injured in Lafayette Louisiana Theater Shooting, Police Say".ABC News. July 23, 2015. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Ed Payne (July 23, 2015). "3 dead, 7 hurt when gunman opens fire in Louisiana movie theater". CNN. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g "Lafayette gunman cased theater prior to rampage, but motive remains unknown". Yahoo! News. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Emily Sharipo and Tom Liddy (July 24, 2015). "Louisiana Theater Gunman ID'd as John Russel Houser". ABC News. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c "Man described as a drifter kills 2, himself in Lafayette, Louisiana, movie theater". CNN. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "3 dead and more wounded as police describe theatre shooting scene as "horrific"". The Star. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "'It's time to let these folks grieve'". The Advertiser. July 24, 2015. RetrievedJuly 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Lanie Lee Cook; Billy Gunn (August 5, 2015). "Lafayette theater shooting tested training, reactions of police, medics and hospital workers". The Advocate. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Jump up^ Lanie Lee Cook (July 29, 2015). "As investigation winds down on the Grand 16 Theatre mass shooting, Lafayette police turn attention to other shootings". The Advocate. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Amber Stegall (July 29, 2015). "Autopsy results released for shooter, victims in Lafayette theater shooting". WAFB. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Jana Kasperkevic (July 24, 2015). "Lafayette cinema shooting: three dead including lone gunman and nine injured". The Guardian. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c "3 dead, including gunman, 7 wounded in Louisiana movie theater shooting". The Chicago Tribune. July 23, 2015. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- Jump up^ Leslie Turk and Liam Stack (July 23, 2015). "3 Fatally Shot and 7 Injured at Theater in Lafayette, La.". The New York Times. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Three Dead After Shooting at 'Trainwreck' Screening in Louisiana". The Hollywood Reporter. July 23, 2015. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c "Louisiana Theater Gunman's Journal Found in Motel Room". Yahoo! GMA. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Louisiana Movie Theater Gunman John Houser Was a Drifter, Police Say".ABC News. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Lafayette theater shooting: Police finish processing crime scene, return building to owners". The Times-Picayune. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Lafayette shooter able to buy gun because he was never involuntarily committed". The Washington Post. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Meg Wagner (July 28, 2015). "Judge who detained Lafayette movie theater shooter John Houser says she couldn't force him into mental hospital: 'I did my job'". The New York Daily News. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- Jump up^ Associated Press (July 25, 2015). "Timeline of theater gunman John Russell Houser's life". "U.S. News". Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- Jump up^ "The pro-Hitler rants of Louisiana theater gunman who idolized Timothy McVeigh and called for lone wolf attacks on the 'failing filth farm' of America". Daily Mail. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Inside the Twisted Mind of John Russell Houser". The Daily Beast. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Lafayette theater shooter ID'd as John Russell Houser, 'kind of a drifter' with few ties to town". The Times-Picayune. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Erin Edgemon (July 24, 2015). "Louisiana theater shooter John Russel Houser was angry, bizarre, reclusive, neighbors say". The Times-Picayune. RetrievedJuly 24, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Lafayette shooter John Houser should have been denied gun: Gov. Jindal".MSNBC. July 26, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Friend: Lafayette theater shooter John Houser had drinking problem, appeared depressed". The Advocate. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ Reeves, Jay; Brumback, Kate (July 25, 2015). "Theater gunman built reputation as an angry provocateur". Yahoo! News. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Movie theater shooter's mental problems didn't stop gun buy". Yahoo! News. July 25, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Jump up^ Jason Sickles (July 25, 2015). "Lafayette theater gunman spent weeks before rampage drinking beer at a motel pool". Yahoo! News. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Louisiana town struggles to make sense of movie-theater shooting". The Washington Post. July 26, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Jump up^ Erika Ferrando (July 24, 2015). "Lafayette shooter reportedly visited Lake Charles food bank". KPLC. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Lafayette Movie Theater Shooter John Houser Should have Been Denied Gun: Gov. Jindal". NBC News. July 26, 2015. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Lafayette Shooting: Anti-Feminist John Russell Houser May Have Targeted 'Trainwreck'". The Hollywood Reporter. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Nolan, Heather (August 14, 2015). "Last Lafayette theater shooting victim released from hospital". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Jump up^ Christopher Brennan (July 31, 2015). "Hero Lafayette shooting survivor tearfully describes how she took a bullet in the leg for her friend who saved lives by raising the alarm". Daily Mail. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Congressman's Cousin Among Those Shot in Louisiana Theater". NBC News. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Here's how Bobby Jindal addressed the Lafayette shooting as it unfolded". The Times-Picayune. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Gunman shoots 11, kills 2 in Lafayette movie theater". WWL-TV. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ Bruce Alpert (July 24, 2015). "Pray for Lafayette shooting victims and their families, say Louisiana congressional members". The Times-Picayune. RetrievedJuly 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Shreveport representative wants metal detectors in theaters". KLFY. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Jump up^ Tara Fowler (July 24, 2015). "Amy Schumer Says Her 'Heart Is Broken' over Trainwreck Shooting That Left 3 Dead and 9 Wounded". People. RetrievedJuly 24, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Sen. Schumer, comedian Amy Schumer call for more gun control". Yahoo! News Celebrity. August 3, 2015. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Jump up^ Molyneaux, Libby (February 3, 2011). "MAKE US LAUGH, FUNNY GIRL! AMY SCHUMER". LA Weekly. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Maane Khatchatourian (July 24, 2015). "Universal, Louisiana Theater Owner Respond to 'Trainwreck' Shooting, 'Senseless Tragedy'". Variety. RetrievedJuly 29, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Kenner police to increase patrols at Grand Theatre after Lafayette shooting".The Advocate. July 24, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
Louisiana theater shooter thanks man accused of black church slayings | Fox News
Fox News - 1 hour agoThe gunman responsible for a deadly rampage inside aLouisiana movie theater last ...
Theater shooter thanks man accused of black church slayings
Las Vegas Sun - 1 hour agoMore news for Louisiana theater shooter thanks man accused of black church slayings
January 13, 2016 Theater Shooter Thanks Man Accused of Black Church ...
abcnews.go.com/.../theater-shooter-man-accused-black-church-slayings-36- Theater Shooter Thanks Man Accused of Black Church Slayings. By michael kunzelman, associated press. BATON ROUGE, La. — Published January 13, 2016 Associated Press BATON ROUGE, La. – The gunman responsible for a deadly rampage inside a Louisiana movie theater last summer left a journal thanking the man accused of killing nine black people in a church. In a rambling, handwritten 40-page journal released by police Wednesday, John Russell Houser described Dylann Roof as "green but good." "Had Dylan Roof reached political maturity he would have seen the word is not (n-word), but liberal," Houser wrote. "But thank you for the wake up call Dylann." .. type of school notebook[recovered from hotel room], Houser laments the state of the U.S., calling it a "filth farm," and he rants against the news media, national political figures, women, gays and blacks. "America as a whole is now the enemy," he wrote, also warning of impending problems for the country. "I have hidden nothing and have hated the US for at least 30 years. It will soon be every man for himself. A global rearrangement comes soon." In the journal, Houser wrote that "soft targets are everywhere. Military police, etc. designations are not necessary."
Inside the Twisted Mind of John Russell Houser - The Daily ...
The Daily BeastJul 24, 2015 - John Russell Houser, most recently of Phenix City, Alabama, was a frequent poster in online forums on those topics. He appears to have gone ...
Who is John Russell Houser? What we know about the ...
The Times‑PicayuneJul 24, 2015 - Law enforcement officials say John Russell Houser is the lone gunman responsible for opening fire in a Lafayette movie theater, killing two ...
Lafayette movie shooter John Houser: Why did he do it ...
CNNJul 23, 2015 - John Russell Houser, the gunman in the movie theater shooting in Lafayette, Louisiana, had a history of mental illness and right-wing internet ...
Lafayette gunman cased theater prior to rampage, but motive
Yahoo! NewsJul 24, 2015 - ... to believe John “Rusty” Houser may have been planning his deadly attack ... Police Department shows John Russel Houser, in Lafayette, La.
Trainwreck Shooting: Who is John Russell Houser? : People ...
PeopleJul 25, 2015 - The shooter has been identified as 59-year-old John Russell Houser.
What we know about John Russell Houser, the Louisiana ...
Los Angeles TimesJul 24, 2015 - A 59-year-old gunman opened fire in a Lafayette, La., movie theater Thursday evening, killing two people and injuring nine others before killing ...
John Russell Houser Identified as Louisiana Movie Theater ...
NBCNews.comJul 24, 2015 - A "drifter" sat silently in a movie theater for 20 minutes before shooting 11 other patrons in an incident that was over in a matter of seconds, ...
Lafayette shooting: Gunman ID'd as "kind of a drifter ...