Month Misfortune September 2015 ---
- Wikipedia Current Events Portal
- RT Russia Today Daily Headlines
- Daily Mail UK
- snewsi crimes
- Democracy Now http://www.democracynow.org/2015/8/1/headlines
- SPLC Hatewatch Headlines, 8-2-25 Mass shooting Tracker 2015
- Killed by Police (anti-police site) Mass shooting Tracker 2015:
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, September 2015
- Religion justified attacks
- Murder rates spike in US cities in 2015 after decades of decline
- 1 arrested, 1 car damaged September 2, 2015 20-Year-Old Hates Police, Stabs Car Hood 'to Send a Message': Cops
- September 2, 2015 Roland Martin to Bill O'Reilly: 'Shut the Hell Up' on Black Lives Matter ..
- September 2, 2015 37 killed Military sources: Al-Shabaab attack in Somalia kills dozens of AU troops
- September 2, 2015 1 injured 1 arrested Denver police arrest suspect in bus robbery, shooting at RTD light rail station
- September 2, 2015 James Richard McCutchen Hijacks Cop Gun, Car Holds 30 Hostage in Custody Escape in Gallatin, Tennessee: Cops
- September 2, 2015 White officer won't face charges in shooting of 2 black men in alleged skateboard assault in Olympia
- September 2, 2015 1 killed Man shot, killed while visiting friends in northwest Atlanta apartment
- September 2, 2015 1 car shot, crash Millis Mass Police Cruiser Hit by Gunfire from White Man in Pickup, Crashes, Catches on Fire | Fox News Insider
- September 2, 2015 Propane tank likely cause of home explosion in Moundridge
- 600 officers resign 'Who needs this?' Police recruits quit and abandon dream amid anti-cop climate
- September 2, 2015 Police: Man Arrested for Jumping in Front, Banging on GA School Bus
- September 2, 2015 Masked Gunmen Kidnap 18 Turkish Workers in Baghdad
- DR Congo's Bosco Ntaganda pleads not guilty at ICC trial
- At least 20 killed in Sanaa mosque double bombings in Yemen
- Murder rates spike in US cities in 2015 after decades of decline RT 2 Sep, 2015 09:56 At least 35 US cities have witnessed a sharp rise in homicides this year compared to 2014, with Milwaukee, St Louis, Baltimore and Washington showing significant increases. No expert can say with certainty what’s caused the rise in the murder rate. [certainly not terrorism staged as crime] The statistics published by the New York Times put Milwaukee at the top of homicide growth with 76 percent this year. It’s followed by St Louis, Missouri, with 60 percent, and Baltimore, Maryland, with 56 percent. There have been 104 murders already registered in Milwaukee, compared to 59 homicides registered throughout the whole of 2014.
- 1 arrested, 1 car damaged September 2, 2015 20-Year-Old Hates Police, Stabs Car Hood 'to Send a Message': Cops NBC News: police car's hood was stabbed with an eight-inch butcher's knife, authorities in Arizona said on Wednesday. Zachary Jacobson, 20, told deputies after being arrested that he targeted the cruiser because he "hates the police" and "wanted to send a message to everyone," according to a statement from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
- September 2, 2015 Roland Martin to Bill O'Reilly: 'Shut the Hell Up' on Black Lives Matter Breitbart News TV One's “News One,” host Roland Martin went on a rant against Fox News' Bill O'Reilly for calling the Black Lives Matter movement a hate group because Minnesota Black Lives Matter protesters chanted “pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon” ...
- September 2, 2015 37 killed Military sources: Al-Shabaab attack in Somalia kills dozens of AU troops CNN At least 37 African Union soldiers were killed in an attack by Al-Shabaab militants in southern Somalia on Tuesday, according to military sources in Uganda and Somalia.
- September 2, 2015 1 injured 1 arrested Denver police arrest suspect in bus robbery, shooting at RTD light rail station The Denver Post altercation began on a light rail bus around 10 p.m. suspect attempted to rob two couples on the bus at gunpoint, pistol whipping one of the victims. Another confrontation broke out at the light rail station at 1250 5th Street, which is on the Auraria Higher Education Center campus, shot was fired on the platform
- September 2, 2015 James Richard McCutchen Hijacks Cop Gun, Car Holds 30 Hostage in Custody Escape in Gallatin, Tennessee: Cops NBC News Dozens of people were held hostage at a jail's visitors' center after a suspect broke free from his handcuffs, commandeered a police car suspect got into the police car and drove away — dragging the officer behind the car and took an officers' shotgun, officials said. James Richard McCutchen, 40, allegedly attempted the dramatic escape while being transported to the county jail in Gallatin, Tennessee, on Wednesday on charges of domestic violence, vandalism, and resisting stop, halt, frisk. He was eventually brought under control by a civilian and a correctional officer who tackled him to the ground as he ordered 30 people to get on the ground at gunpoint tags: white suspect, hostage, carjack, seized gun, domestic violence, vandalism, resisting, dragging by car
- September 2, 2015 White officer won't face charges in shooting of 2 black men in alleged skateboard assault in Olympia The Seattle Times The shooting paralyzed Chaplin, 21, from the waist down and sparked protest demonstrations that rippled through the city. Donald is white and Chaplin and Thompson, 24, are black.
- September 2, 2015 1 killed Man shot, killed while visiting friends in northwest Atlanta apartment Atlanta Journal Constitution shooting inside an apartment
- September 2, 2015 1 car shot, crash Millis Mass Police Cruiser Hit by Gunfire from White Man in Pickup, Crashes, Catches on Fire | Fox News Insider Massachusetts police cruiser crashed and caught fire after it was struck by gunfire Wednesday afternoon. Witnesses saw , and now police are looking for the gunman. officer was in the vehicle when it was struck by at least one bullet, car ran off the road and crashed it, causing the vehicle to catch fire. witnesses say they saw a white man fire a gun from a dark-colored, possibly maroon, pickup truck.
- September 2, 2015 Propane tank likely cause of home explosion in Moundridge KWCH A house was destroyed, but no injuries were reported in a Wednesday evening house explosion in the 900 block of East Hoch southeast of Moundridge.
- 600 officers resign 'Who needs this?' Police recruits abandon dream amid anti-cop climate Edmund DeMarche September 02, 2015 FoxNews.com Open calls for the killing of police have been followed by assassinations, including last week's murder in Texas of a Harris County sheriff's deputy. Instead of dialing back the incendiary rhetoric, groups including "Black Lives Matter" have instead doubled down at demonstrations with chants of "Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon." Public safety officials fear the net effect has been to demonize police, and diminish the job. Police in Texas believe that may have been the sole motivation for the murder Friday night of Harris County Sheriff's Officer Darren Goforth at a gas station in a Houston suburb. The suspect in that case, Shannon Jaruay Miles, allegedly came up behind Goforth as he pumped gas and shot the officer 15 times. In December 2014, New York City Police Officers Wenjian Liu and his partner Rafael Ramos were killed in an ambush while sitting inside their patrol car on a Brooklyn streetcorner. announced online that he was planning to shoot two "pigs" to avenge the death of Eric Garner.. Sgt. Delroy Burton, chairman of the DC Police Union in Washington,... said his police force is about 131 officers understaffed and has seen nearly 600 officers resign in the past 19 months
- September 2, 2015 Police: Man Arrested for Jumping in Front, Banging on GA School Bus fox29.com GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. - Children on a Gwinnett County school bus were frightened when a man started banging on the windows and tried to get on the bus. man jumped in front of her bus to stop it, then started banging on the windows and door, trying to get in. At one point, the driver says he broke the handle off the door.The driver says she slowly started to drive away but the man kept banging on the windows. The man finally left when another car pulled up. A short time later police arrested 65 year old Joseph Durden. He is charged with disorderly conduct, interference with government property and abusing school personnel.
- September 2, 2015 Masked Gunmen Kidnap 18 Turkish Workers in Baghdad Wall Street Journal Masked gunmen in pickup trucks kidnapped a group of workers from Turkey working on construction of a stadium in of Sadr City and seized 18 personnel whereTurkish workers were sleeping, an Iraqi security official said. Masked Gunmen Kidnap 17 Turkish Workers in Baghdad The New York Times abduction of 17 Turkish workers and their Iraqi translator. Masked gunmen in military uniforms rolled up in more than a dozen black sport utility vehicles... 2nd crisis in a year after last summer Islamic State militants seized dozens of Turkish diplomats and consular workers in the northern city of Mosul, but this case official suspicions were that it was the work of a criminal gang or a militia seeking ransom.
- DR Congo's Bosco Ntaganda pleads not guilty at ICC trial BBC News Former Congolese rebel leader Bosco Ntaganda has pleaded not guilty to all charges at the ...Congo rebel leader denies criminal charges, says he was a 'revolutionary' 18 charges include murder, rape and the recruitment of child soldiers. Nicknamed "The Terminator", Gen Ntaganda's trial is the biggest and most complex case in the ICC's history. 41-year-old is accused of killing at least 800 civilians during separate attacks on a number of villages between 2002 and 2003. He is also accused of raping girl soldiers and keeping them as sex slaves. 2013, Gen Ntaganda handed himself in at the US embassy in the Rwandan capital after evaded capture for seven years
- At least 20 killed in Sanaa mosque double bombings in Yemen UPI Two suicide bombs were detonated Wednesday at a Shia mosque. Man in explosive vest blew himself up as worshipers were exiting the Al-Moayad mosque, and a car bomb later targeted rescuers.
- Aug 10, 2015 Grass fire at Travis Air Force Base nearly contained - KCRA KCRA‑TV A runway at Travis Air Force Base was forced to stop operations Monday afternoon as crews battled an on-base grass fire.
- Aug 28, 2015 Japan Laws Call For Women Hires and Managers A Step Forward for 'Womenomics' in Japan - WSJ The Wall Street Journa New law seen pressuring companies to hire, promote women... Japan’s upper house approved legislation requiring companies with 301 employees or more set numerical targets for such benchmarks as the percentage of female hires and managers. They must make those targets and the current ratios public beginning in April 2016... , Goldman Sachs estimated that closing the gender employment gap in Japan could lift the country’s gross domestic product by nearly 13%.... Many married women limit their work outside the home to take advantage of tax breaks [which kick in when women make high incomes] Women in Japan hold 3.1% of board seats at leading corporations compared to 19.2 in US and 20.8 in Canada. Japan will require corporations to set hiring goals. Some say quotas and goals won't work until childcare support is improved. 66% of women 15-64 work outside of the home Japan leans in: Shinzo Abe's push for womenomics | World ... www.worldfinance.com Jan 21, 2014 - Japanese women earn, on average, 30.2 percent less than men
- August 28, 2015 High-Wattage Speakers Play Role in Korean Deal - WSJJu Seung-hyeon, who served in a North Korean propaganda experts on North Korea’s strategic thinking said the speakers had a significant impact. Jang Jin-sung, a former North Korean propaganda official, said the broadcasts are powerful because they threaten to undermine the system of leader worship. “It’s akin to a peaceful version of the nuclear bomb,” said Mr. Jang, who defected in 2004. Ju Seung-hyeon, who served in a North Korean propaganda broadcast station on the border before defecting in the early 2000s, told a South Korean newspaper a week ago that Seoul’s messages influenced his opinions over a prolonged period. “For the first months I thought all the broadcasts were lies,” Mr. Ju was quoted as saying. “After two years, I believed most of it.”
- Mayor Muriel Bowser shouted down for advocating more police in violent neighborhoods Twitchy held a meeting to announce her new #SaferStrongerDC agenda to fight violent crime. Bowser was repeatedly shouted down by #BlackLivesMatter protesters, particularly when she advocated putting more police on the streets in violent neighborhoods.
- August 29, 2015 Blacks Lives Matter Peace Activists Chant Pigs In a Blanket Fry Like Bacon Black Lives Matter Activist: 'Fry 'Em Like Bacon' Chant Was In 'Playful' Context NewsBusters - 16 hours agoThe "Pigs in a blanket. Fry 'em like bacon!" chant by Black Lives Matter activists this ... "Pigs in a blanket" chant at Minnesota fair riles police CBS News 'More playful than anything': #BlackFair participant puts 'Pigs in a blanket' chant 'in context' Twitchy Black Lives Matter Activist: 'Pigs in a Blanket Fry 'em Like ... Breitbart Black Lives Matter Activist: 'Pigs in a Blanket Fry 'em Like Bacon' Not About Killing Police. "Pigs in a blanket" chant at Minnesota Fair riles police - CBS ... CBS News2 days ago - Hours after a Texas officer was gunned down, protesters in Minnesota yelled, "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," prompting outrage. Black Lives Matter backs 'pigs in a blanket' and 'fry 'em like ... Daily Mail UK Black Lives Matter organizer stands by group's chant to cook police officers like 'pigs in a blanket' and 'fry 'em like bacon'. Black Lives Matter ... Black Lives Matter organizer stands by group's chant to cook police officers like 'pigs in a blanket' and 'fry 'em like bacon' Chant was viewed by some law enforcement members as targeting police BLM St. Paul organizer Rashad Turner said it was not advocating violence and blamed focus on 30-second chant is a way to distract from peaceful protest , a representative from the march appeared on left-leaning MSNBC “All In with Chris Hayes” Tuesday to put the chant into context and explain hat it was actually just protesters being playful.
- With two killed Friday night, Washington DC reaches total of all homicides committed in 2014 Twitchy On August 19, Baltimore reached a sobering milestone — the 211th homicide reported this year in the city equaled the total of all homicides reported in the whole of 2014. Washington, D.C., is “celebrating” a similar achievement this weekend, as the Washington Post reports that two homicides Friday night bring the total number of homicides recorded so far this year, 105, into line with 2014’s total.
- August 29 Wrong-house shooting in DeKalb: 'Why did they shoot me? My dog?' Atlanta Journal Constitution DeKalb officers responded to a possible burglary, but went to the wrong house officers killed the dog in the kitchen, A homeowner exited a room off the kitchen and was also shot by the responding officers, The officer was shot in the hip — likely by another cop,7:30 p.m. Monday, three DeKalb County police officers were dispatched to a burglary call on Boulderwoods Drive, just off Bouldercrest Road, about a mile south of I-20. Derek Perez, the man who made the 911 call, wrote on Facebook that he’d told police about a possible burglar outside of “the farthest house at the end of the street.”
- September 1, 2015 s news broke a Spanish parts supplier for Boeing 777 jets raised doubts Tuesday the flaperon belonged to Flight MH370. Spanish company, which manufactures wing parts for Boeing 777 jets, cast doubts over a flaperon’s link to the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, CNN reported Monday. The company told French investigators that it "cannot tell with certainty" if the part of a Boeing 777 wing, which was found on Réunion Island in the Indian Ocean in July, was from Flight MH370, CNN reported, citing a French source. French investigators had hoped that serial numbers found on the flaperon could be matched with records from the Spanish company to confirm that the debris was from the missing plane, but it “proved impossible.”
- Missing MH370 Malaysian Plane Search Thousands Of Miles Off Track Barnacle Pictures Indicate track, German scientists involved in the plane debris recovery say, pointing to the barnacles on the Boeing 777 wing part recovered in late July. They said the barnacles do not live in the area where the search efforts are ongoing, the Australian reported Tuesday.
- September 1, 2015 update May 2, 2011 shooting: Richard Combs, White South Carolina Officer, Gets 1-Year Home Detention In Fatal Shooting Of Black Man, Murder Charge Dropped ibtimes Former Eutawville South Carolina Police Chief Richard Combs was sentenced Tuesday to one year of home detention in the 2011 fatal shooting of an unarmed black man. Richard Combs will not serve prison time as prosecutors dropped a murder charge against him. Combs, instead, pled guilty to misconduct in office. shot Bernard Bailey, a 54-year-old former prison guard, thrice in May 2011 after they squabbled over a traffic ticket issued to Bailey’s daughter.Judge declares mistrial in murder case of white South Carolina police chief who shot dead black unarmed man in 2011 Prosecutors say that Bailey waited seven weeks to serve the arrest warrant so he could show off and kill the man in front of his colleagues. shot Bernard Bailey three times as he tried to arrest him on an obstruction of justice warrant in the town hall parking lot fearing he would be dragged by the car as he was caught in the door of Bailey's moving truck as he tried to arrest him. During closing arguments, Pascoe said Combs frequently changed his story to match the evidence and was confident he would never be held responsible for killing Bailey because he was a cop. 'He thought he got away with it because he wears a badge. Prove him wrong,' South Carolina police chief Richard Combs charged with ... Daily Mail UK Jun 19, 2015 first trial also ended in mistrial in January. Defense argued Combs shot Bailey feared for his life because he was trapped by the door of the man's pickup truck as he tried to back away during a confrontation. Following incidents after daughter was pulled over for tail light... Bailey left Combs' office and got into his truck to leave. Combs followed him out and fired three shots, which all hit Bailey, including a point-blank shot to the chest. He died almost instantly, his foot on the brake of his truck, the solicitor said. 'Dead because of a broken taillight,' Pascoe said. ' Eutawville suspended Combs after the shooting and dismissed him several months later. The town reached a $400,000 wrongful death settlement with Bailey's family. timeline May 2, 2011: 54-year-old Bernard Bailey was shot and killed by a Eutawville police officer after going to the station to argue his daughter's broken taillight ticket. He was shot twice in the chest and once in the shoulder while sitting in his truck. March 25, 2013: Solicitor Pascal said federal authorities decided not to pursue charges against Combs for the shooting death of Bernard Bailey. The family's attorney claimed Police Chief Ricky Combs was saying racial epithets to Bailey when he shot him outside Eutawville Town Hall. June 15, 2015: A white former South Carolina police chief should be found guilty of murder because he sought a trumped-up warrant against a black man after an argument and then shot him as he tried to drive away from his arrest, a prosecutor said in court Monday.
Solicitor drops murder charge against ex-police chief in unarmed man shooting
WIS - 22 hours agoFirst Circuit Solicitor David Pascoe is dropping the murder charge against the former police chief in Eutawville charged with murder following a ...
Misconduct, not murder: Ex-Eutawville police chief gets house arrest in 2011 shooting death
The Times and Democrat
Ex-S.C police chief pleads guilty to lesser charge, will serve no time for killing black motorist
- sept 1 York Police say man shot and killed Tuesday night York Daily Record/Sunday News
- Sept 1 Nepal: Five Killed in Violence Over Constitutional Reform TIME Nepalese police killed five protesters in the south of the country Tuesday as demonstrators, angry at the government's plan to change the constitution, clashed with authorities.
- Bourne MA police officer struck by a vehicle after its driver allegedly resisted arrest and attempted to speed away The Boston Globe Harrington approached the vehicle to arrest her because she was wanted for outstanding larceny and assault and battery warrants Dunne ignored the Harrington’s commands and accelerated backward in an attempt to flee the scene. Harrington was struck by the vehicle, which pinned her between Dunne’s vehicle and her own police cruiser, police said
Red Cross Says 2 Staff Members Shot Dead In Northern Yemen
Sept 1 Bangkok blast: Police match fingerprint to bomb suspect BBC News No claim of responsibility has been made for the 17 August bomb, which killed 20 people. Two foreign men are now in detention.
Thai police say Bangkok suspect's fingerprints match those on bombmaterialFox News
Thai police say closer to cracking Bangkok bomb caseReuters
From Thailand:Free air ticket home for woman bomb suspectBangkok Post
Neighbors shaken after Willowbrook stabbing, assault; suspect in custody Chicago Tribune Neighbors remained shaken Tuesday after the weekend stabbing and sexual assault of a woman at her home in suburban Willowbrook.
Police looking at videos that show Texas deputies shoot man CNN Hours later, the sheriff's office sent out a message with the following statement: "In regards to the deputy involvedshooting, we're asking for calm and patience. We are diligently working to complete the investigation so we can move to the next step ...
1400-page report on Marysville school shooting can't nail down motive
The Seattle Times [terrorism was never considered as possibility] A substitute teacher working at Marysville-Pilchuck High School two days before a student killed four friends and then himself said a student told her about a planned shooting, and then, she claimed, she alerted the front office. Rosemarie Cooper told ...
Sept 2 Police officer killed north of Chicago; massive manhunt underway USA TODAY CHICAGO - Law enforcement continued a massive manhunt on Tuesday north of the city, searching for three suspects in the shooting death of a veteran police officer as he patrolled a quiet suburban community. The killing marks the fourth incident in ...
Venice Beach hotel owner pleads not guilty in homeless poet's shooting death
Los Angeles Times The sounds of reggae and crashing waves at a Venice Beach homeless encampment were swiftly eclipsed by an argument, and later, gunfire.
Police: Homicide suspected in off-duty Texas officer's death CNN The officer's death comes days after the shooting death of a deputy in Harris County, Texas, which has sparked allegations that targeting of law enforcement officers could be on the rise.
Man charged after reportedly stabbing three of his relatives, killing grandfather and uncle. WXYZ STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. (WXYZ) - A 20-year-old man was arraigned Tuesday afternoon after allegedlystabbing his 79-year-old grandfather and 44-year-old uncle to death in Sterling Heights.
Buffalo Police investigate stabbing WGRZ-TV Scene of Stabbing on Vermont St. (Photo: WGRZ). CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE. BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Police responded to a report of a stabbing on the city's west side. Officers responded to the scene around 2:15 p.m. on Vermont Street.
Suspect in deputy's killing found mentally incompetent in 2012, prosecutor says CNN Osso said Miles told police that he wasn't involved in the shooting and plans to plead not guilty. Miles is being held in an isolation cell, the attorney said.
Sept 1 Reports: Shooting in Twinsburg, police on scene WKYC-TV - A third person was taken to Hillcrest Hospital. Their condition is unknown. The shooter and the victims have not been ID'ed. Police are calling the shooting a domestic incident. WKYC has received exclusive video of the shooting from a witness. WARNING: ...
'Steam Explosion' Injures Worker in Santa Clara Valley Medical Center ... NBC Bay Area Sept 1 A worker who was in the midst of coming out the manhole is caught in the explosion and crew members rush to his aid. Officials say he was badly injured, and even though they did not know his exact medical status, they point out he never returned to his ...
Sept 1 Woman in critical condition after Allentown PA stabbing WTAE Pittsburgh Man charged for stabbing woman, 41, in Allentown 2min. A woman is in critical condition and Pittsburgh police are blocking off a street while an investigation continues Tuesday in Allentown.
Sept 1 Police tase man who reaches for gun, shooting self Oakland BART station closes abc7news.com officers approached him, asking him to put out the cigarette. officers began fighting with him. BART officials say the officers then tased the man when it appeared he was reaching for his waistband and that is when the man's own gun went off. It appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound that now has the man in critical condition at Highland Hospital, where he is undergoing surgery."Our information is that he shot himself while grabbing the weapon out of his waistband.
Explosion at Chinese Chemical Plant Is Said to Kill at Least 1
New York Times - Aug 31, 2015
Grambling Police continue search for shooting suspect
Knoe.com RUSTON, La. (KNOE 8 News) A 22-year-old Shreveport man was the target of a shooting after having words with another man near the GSU campus.