tags: Timeline 2014, Cars Hit Buildings, Lone Wolf Criminal Terrorist, conspiracy, mental issue, arrested, religious extremist, lockdown, swat, building evacuation, stolen vehicle,Journalist Targeted, drugs, Jesus, King tut, twitter, multiverse, ranting, Stolen Car
truck building damaged stolen 1 arrested May 13, 2014 Man Claims To Be God Rams Maryland TV Station In Towson Maryland, 28 year old Vladimir Baptiste, 28 was arrested after the black male with a shoulder bag made a disturbance yelling at the front door, and then stealing a heavy-duty landscaping truck and driving it through the front doors. The building was evacuated Police SWAT teams with an armoured car searched for him and found him in an editing room armed with a golf club.
Other attacks on TV stations and personalities:
- August 26, 2015 Alison Parker and Adam Ward WDBJ 7 Roanoke, Virginia
- 1 killed, 1 charged June 20, 2015 Oklahoma Sportscaster Scooter Hits Deported 3 Times Illegal Immigrant Without License Making Illegal U-turn Man charged in accident that killed longtime Oklahoma sportscaster
- 1 wounded suspect at large December 17, 2014 Waco TX TV Weatherman back on air after shooting by unknown stranger
His father explained that he had only recently begun to suffer from sudden outbursts. He had not been diagnosed with any mental condition but had just undergone drug treatment the month before. The suspect told police that "he is the reincarnation of 'King Tut' and 'Jesus Christ' and lives in a world of 'multiverses' where bad things happen to people and they disappear because they are not real." He did not intend to kill anyone, as he was just trying to "close the multiverse" by crashing into the news station. Though he seemed at times ranting nd raving, he was calm and bored during the standoff later seemed calm — even bored — during the standoff, posting a tweet saying, "chillin @ abc2 news waiting and yawning."
No question this was deliberately driven into the building, not a medical or mechanical issue or pedal confusion, though it is obvious that his problem is one of mental stability as he has no obvious connection to terrorist groups.
- charged Wednesday with second-degree attempted murder
- father said he had recently become prone to violent outbursts. "He'd be screaming 'Oh, boy! Oh, boy!' and sometimes he would punch the walls," Jean-Claudy Baptiste, 64, said of his son, Vladimir. "When someone keeps screaming 'Oh, boy! Oh, boy!' I thought something was wrong."
- Vladimir Baptiste, 28, of Parkville, is charged with three counts of second-degree attempted murder, police said. He also faces charges of assault, burglary and malicious destruction of property and theft, online court records show.
- held at theBaltimore County Detention Center on $750,000 bail.
- At a hearing Wednesday afternoon, Baltimore County District Judge Alexandra Williamsdenied bail for Baptiste, saying the suspect is "obviously a threat to public safety." Baptiste waived his right to appear before the court.
- standoff: nearly five hours barricaded inside WMAR-TV in Towson, watching journalists deliver live reports from just outside the building. Police say no one, including Baptiste, was injured.
- notes Baptiste had written inside the station. One document read, "Everything is unfolding I don't have to do anything!" signed "Love, Vladimir." Baptiste told detectives, "he is the reincarnation of 'King Tut' and 'Jesus Christ' and lives in a world of 'multiverses' where bad things happen to people and they disappear because they are not real." Baptiste also said he set out on Tuesday to "close the multiverse" by crashing into the news station. Baptiste told detectives he did not intend to hurt anyone.
Man Claims To Be God Rams Maryland TV Station Ninjapundit Terrorism