July 10, 2017 Murder of Yuri Bogozhnev By Haifa Arab Neighbor Tomer Hujirat, 27, Israeli-Arab man from Haifa and his girlfriend Karin Samnudi, 25, were charged with the crime spree and murder of 56-year old Jewish neighbor Yuri Bogozhnev involving assault, stabbing, stealing an ATM password, robbery and torching his apartment.
Although Bogozhnev had lent the unemployed couple NIS 2,000 ($560), they brought a knife to ask for another loan. When he refused and were ordered out, they struck him in the head with a kiddush cup, a Jewish ritual wine goblet, demanded his bank number at knife point, and stabbed victim in neck and chest. After Samnudi was unable to withdraw money, they stole about $20. Although Hujirat cut open the gas line and lit the apartment fire to destroy evidence of the murder, authorities quickly arrested the pair later the same day (1) (2) Terrorism was never considered as a possible a true motive with robbery only as a cover story.
- (1) Indictment: Haifa Arab murdered neighbor, set apartment on fire Arutz Sheva https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/233266 August 1, 2017
- (2) Haifa couple charged with murdering neighbor to steal $20 | The Times of Israel https://www.timesofisrael.com/haifa-couple-charged-with-murdering-neighbor-to-steal-20/ Aug 1, 2017
- ATM Hostages Robbery and Hijacking
- Arab or Muslim Suspect
- arab suspects
- cover story =robbery. If victim is killed, it was really about murder or assassination, not money
- Israel terror
- jewish victim
- murder for small amount of money. If money amount is small, it's about terror, not money
- Neighbor victim
- quick arrest - terrorists don't care if they are caught
- unemployed suspect
- terroristic crime