Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Israel Incidents

Israel Incidents ---
Israel Incidents ---
Terroristic Security Incidents by Category |Timeline


Wikipedia:  List of violent incidents in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, July–December 2015

Major events

First "intifada," from 1987-1993 Arabs attacked primarily Israeli soldiers and police, mainly with rocks and firebombs.

Second "intifada" (2000-2005), planned by the late Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat, included widespread attacks -- suicide bombings, shootings and car bombs -- against any and all Israeli targets, mainly civilians
Third intifada The Palestinians' New Intifada by Barry Shaw Gatestone  October 8, 2015 President Mahmoud Abbas latched onto the extremist -- albeit totally incorrect -- Islamist theme that Jews are trying to destroy Islamic holy places. He thereby ignited a firestorm of competition among radical groups as to which faction could incite the most violence.



From June 30 to July 6, 13 Palestinians, including 2 children, were injured by Israeli forces across the West Bank, half during some 55 search and arrest operations in Ad Duheisha refugee camp (Bethlehem), Beit Ummar (Hebron), Tell (Nablus) and Al Jalazun refugee camp (Ramallah). 79 Palestinians were arrested. On 5 occasions Israeli forces fired towards Gazans in the Access Restricted Areas. One incursion, 150 metres inside the Strip was reported. Settlers attacked Palestinians or damaged their property on 7 occasions, injuring three people. Trees im Burin were damaged. In 4 incidents, settlers injured 4 Palestinians in attacks on vehicles near Sheikh Jarrah. In one incident a woman miscarried. Three incidents of physical assault took place in Ras Karkar (Ramallah), Marda (Salfit), and the Old City of Jerusalem.[1] Over the week 7–13 July, 9 Palestinians, including three children, were injured by Israeli forces, which also conducted 52 search-and-arrest operations resulting in 71 arrests in the West Bank.[2] In the 2 weeks from 14–27 July, 3 Palestinian civilians were shot with live ammunition and died during search and arrest operations in the West Bank, and a total of 66 Palestinians, including five children and five women, were injured. 2 Palestinian fishermen were shot for sailing near or in the ARA zone, as was a 14 year old who, according to Palestinians, was playing with other children within 50 meters of the Separation Barrier. 7 settler attacks on Palestinians or their property, and 5 Palestinian attacks on settlers and their property, were registered.[3] From 28 July-3 August, 94 Palestinians, including 26 children were injured, mostly in protests following the Duma arson attack. Israeli forces fired 13 times towards civilians in the Restricted Areas. 10 structures were demolished in Silwan and Beit Hanina for lacking Israeli permits. 5 settlers attacks on Palestinians or their property were recorded, in cluding a reported running over of a Palestinian fireman trying to extinguish a fire at Beit Hagai. 7 cases of Palestinians throwing stones or Molotov cocktails at settler cars and houses.[4]
  • 1 July
    • The family of Uday Abu Jamal, one of the perpetrators of the 2014 Jerusalem synagogue attack were expelled from their home in the East Jerusalem neighbourhood of Jabel Mukaber and the building was sealed. The home was slated for demolition in November 2014, but the family appealed. B'tselem declared that that punitive house demolitions are "fundamentally wrong" and contravene "basic moral standards by punishing people for the misdeeds of others." [5] The International Red Cross provided the family with a tent in which to live, pitched on their property. Israel demolished it the following week, on June 7.[6]
  • 2 July
    • 3 Three Palestinians were shot and injured in a predawn detention raid by Israeli forces on the Duheisha refugee camp, in clashes after 2 young men had been arrested. One of those detained, Waleed Shuhada al-Jafari (23) is the brother of Jihad al-Jafri, shot dead by Israeli forces on 24 February during a similar predawn raid.[7]
  • 3 June
    • Muhammad al-Kasbah (17) from the Qalandia Refugee Camp was shot dead, reportedly by Israeli Binjamin Brigade Commander, Col. Israel Shomer, with two bullets to the head and chest. The incident occurred as a Binyamin infantry brigade vehicle passed the village of Al-Ram in the direction of the Qalandia checkpoint. Israeli reports state he, and others, was throwing stones at a military vehicle, in an ambush, that the windshield was damaged and that the commander got out of his car and shot the youth, assessing that his own life was at risk.[8] al-Kasbah was reportedly warned not to get closer, and shot when he kept approaching. He was the third son of the family to be killed, two brothers having died during the Al Aqsa Intifada. Palestinian reports said he was shot while trying to climb the Separation Wall to reach the Al-Aqsa mosque. He was the 15th Palestinian shot dead since January. A military investigation is underway.[9][10]
    • Settlers, reportedly from Yitzhar, are said to have thrown rocks at Palestinian vehicles at the Yitzhar road junction. Several vehicles, including one belonging to Thaer Khalil, director of appeals prosecution in the West Bank, were smashed.[11] Video of the incident revealed on 13 of July casts doubts of both versions. The boy is seen running to the jeep and throwing a rcck. It also shows Kasbah running away and a police officer chasing him, after which he was shot in the back.[12]
    • A Palestinian woman was injured when Palestinian cars were hit with rocks thrown by Jews by the Tomb of Simeon the Just near Sheikh Jarrah in East Jerusalem.[13]
  • 6 July
    • Firas Mujahid (45) filed a complaint to Israeli police that he had had stones thrown at him and his companions, and was then struck in the head with a rod, after he, his brother and a friend were insulted by Israelis while walking along East Jerusalem's Musrara Street. Mujahid was hospitalized after Israeli police called an ambulance. His brother, the friend and some Israelis were arrested, and the Palestinians were later released on bail.[14]
    • A Palestinian teenager, Baraa Muhammad al-Rimhi (16), was shot with a rubber-coated steel bullet by Israeli forces during a raid on the al-Jalazone Refugee Camp. The IDF stated that during a routine operation, stones were thrown at them, and after warnings, when an "improvised explosive device" was thrown, they made a hit. Another young man, Muhammad Safi (20) was arrested.[15]
  • 10 July
    • Amjad Farouq Abu Khalid (17) was shot in the leg by a rubber -coated steel bullet as Israeli forces dispersed the weekly protest march at Kafr Qaddum village near Qalqiliya in the occupied West Bank. The area was also reportedly dowsed with skunk spray. The village had been declared a 'closed military zone' at dawn, and neither journalists nor international activists were permitted entry.[16]
  • 12 July
    • Nafiz Dmeiri (55), a deaf and mute tailor, lost an eye when he was hit in the face, according to an Israel source apparently by a sponge grenade while inside a grocery store, according to Palestyinian sources by a sponge-tipped bullet where he had taken shelter as Israeli police clashed with stone throwers at the Shuafat Refugee Camp. A store camera captured the incident on video.[17][18] Another Palestinian suffered a chest wound from Israeli fire during the same clashes, which ensued after Israeli undercover forces raided a clothing store and arrested a Palestinian.[19][20]
  • 15 July
    • A young Palestinian woman, reportedly a minor, was arrested after lightly injuring an Israeli soldier with a stab wound to his back near the Israeli settlement of Nahliel, north of Ramallah.[21]
  • 16 July
    • In response to a rocket fired from Gaza which hit open ground south of Ashkelon in the early hours, the IAF launched a strike against 'terrorist infrastructure', a watchtower and a training camp, in the Gaza Strip reprisal. No injuries were reported.[22][23]
  • 17 July
    • Muhammad Halayqa (17) of Ash-Shuyukh was shot in the foot with a rubber-coated steel bullet during an Israeli raid on the family home to arrest his older brother.[24]
    • About 20 Palestinians from Ras al-Amud threw fireworks, Molotov cocktails and stones at Jewish homes in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Ma'ale HaZeitim.[25]
    • Mansour Abu Taima (14) was shot in the left foot, reportedly by live fire, by Israeli forces firing into the Gaza Strip town of Abasan al-Kabira east of Khan Younis.[26]
  • 21 July
    • A Palestinian fisherman in his 20s was shot with live fire in the back off the northwest coast of Gaza by Israeli naval forces. He also suffered several wounds to his hand from rubber-coated bullets. He was hospitalized in critical condition. An Israeli spokesman said the shooting occurred after warning shots were fired when a fishing vessel deviated from the designated fishing zone.[27]
  • 22 July
    • Muhammad Ahmad Alawneh (21) was shot in the chest with live ammunition during Israeli clashes with residents of Birqin west of Jenin, in what Israeli described as a search-and arrest operation. He later succumbed to his wounds, the 16th Palestinian to die since January.[28]
  • 23 July
    • Israeli forces shot and killed Falah Hammad Abu Maria (53) was shot dead and his two sons were wounded when Israeli forces raided their home in Beit Ummar. Palestinian witnesses said Abu Maria was shot twice in the chest while trying to assist his son Mohammad (22) who had been wounded twice in the pelvis Another son, Ahmad (25) was also wounded reportedly by bullet shrapnel in the chest. An Israeli spokesman said the incident occurred during an arrest raid when a ‘violent mob’ threw stones, injuring a soldier with a rock[29] Abu Maria became the 17th Palestinian to be shot dead in such clashes since January.
    • Israeli forces injured eight Palestinians in the West Bank town of Beit Ummar as clashes erupted in the wake of the funeral of Falah Abu Maria, shot earlier that day. Israeli fire also reportedly shattered the rear window of a Palestinian ambulance as it drove away.[30]
  • 26 July
    • 70 Israeli settlers guarded by 100-150 troops entered the Al.Aqsa compound through the Moroccan Gate. Palestinians youths had barricaded themselves in Al-Aqsa mosque overnight, with an armoury of stones and fireworks, reportedly in preparation to disrupt Jewish visits to the site for Tisha B'Av prayers. Jewish prayer is not allowed at the site. Israeli forces stormed the mosque.19 Al-Aqsa mosque guards and 4 Israeli policemen were injured during the clashes.[31][32]
    • Israeli settlers filled in an ancient agricultural well at Deir Istiya, near the Israeli settlements of Revava and Yaqiri.[33]
  • 27 July
    • Abu Latifa (18) of Qalandiya Refugee Camp became the 18th Palestinian to be killed by the IDF this year when Israeli forces raided the camp at dawn to arrest him, purportedly for planning a ‘terror attack in Israel’. According to the Israeli version, he was shot in the leg while fleeing and fell to his death from a rooftop. According his family and local sources, the incident occurred when police broke into his home to arrest him and he was shot while fleeing. According to his family he was shot in the foot, arrested alive and then shot in the chest. Hwe further claim he did not die after as a result of a fall from a rooftop.[34][35]
    • After Latif’s funeral, clashes erupted between Israeli forces and Palestinisansd throwing stonesd asnd bottles and 14 Palestinians were injured, 6 by live fire [36]
    • Muhammad Husam Barakat (38), a bus-driver for the Israeli Kavim transport company, was attacked by two passengers who had boarded the vehicle at Beitar Illit, after refusing to pay the fare at journey’s end at Sheikh Jarrah[37]
    • Abd al-Karim Aziz al-Haddad (15) of Jerusalem’s Old Quarter’s al-Saadiyyeh neighborhood, suffered internal bleeding after reportedly being beaten up at a police station after Israeli forces had arrested him in his home, where he was under house arrest. He was accused of not having kept obeyed the home arrest order.[38]
  • 28 July
    • 4 stores in Silwan, 2 the property of Khalil al-Abbasi in the Ayn al-Lawza area, and 2 belonging to Iyad al-Abbasi in the Ayn al-Foka area, were razed by Israeli bulldoxers, apparently for lacking building permits.[39]
  • 31 July
    • In what was described as a price tag attack in the wake of the government bulldozing of 2 apartments in the settlement of Beit El, a move opposed by settlers, masked assailants broke the windows of two houses in the village of Duma and threw firebombs inside at around 2 am., after the family had returned home from a visit with relatives. Ali Saad Dawabsha, 1 and a half years old, was burnt alive. Her mother Riham (27) suffered third-degree burns to 90% of her body, her father Saad (32) suffered burns to 80% of his body. Her brother Ahmed was also injured, when a firebomb was thrown into the family bedroom. Witnesses said 2 masked arsonists were seen outside watching as the family burned. The second house, owned by Maamoon Rashid Dawabsha, was also damaged by firebombs. Graffiti reading "revenge" and "long live the Messiah" were scrawled on walls. Locals said they saw 4 settlers flee towards the nearby Israeli settlement of Ma'ale Efrayim. The event revived memories of the burning to death of Muhammad Abu Khdeir, the fatal killings of 4 Palestinians by Israeli forces in recent weeks and the Palestinian shooting of Malakhi Rosenfeld (26) a month earlier. In the same assault the home of Maamoon Rashid Dawabsha was also firebombed.[40][41][42][4]
    • Shots were fired at an Israeli settler’s car travelling near Duma during the funeral service for Ali Saad Dawabsha. The fire was returned. No injuries were reported.[40]
    • Mohammad Hamid al-Masri (17) was shot dead by Israeli forces at Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza near the Border Separation Barrier. A second Palestinian was moderately wounded. An Israeli spokesman said they had ignored warnings to stop, and had been shot in the lower extremeities, after which they moved off.[43]
    • Israeli forces shot Laith al-Khaldi (17) from the al-Jalazone Refugee Camp. near Ramallah, at the Atara checkpoint. He later died from his wounds, having been shot in the chest. An Israeli spokesperson said a Palestinian suspect had been shot while throwing a molotov cocktail.[44][4]


  • 3 August
    • A Palestinian man, stopped for a security check at the Zaatara checkpoint, was shot in the lower extremities as he attempted to flee. According to Ynet report, soldiers fired gunshots into the air before he was shot.[45]
    • Unknown assailants threw a firebomb at a car driven by a 27-year-old Israeli woman in Beit Hanoun neighbourhood of East Jerusalem. She received first and second degree burns on 15% of her body, and her car careened into another vehicle injuring the driver.[46]
    • "Witnesses said", that Israeli settlers threw rocks at a Palestinian taxi driven by Moussa Othman near a turn in the area named Oyoun al-Haramieh.[47]
  • 4 August
    • Israeli forces razed two dunams (0.49 acres) of vegetables, and destroyed irrigation pipes, belonging to Ahmad Barghash al-Shawahin,in the Izeima district of southern Hebron.[48]
    • Two Palestinians,Muammad Badran and Suliman abu-Mayyala, were reportedly injured by a sharp implement wielded by an Israeli in a clash when worshippers intervened to prevent the raising of an Israeli flag on the Temple Mount.[49]
  • 5 August
    • Israel I forces demolished 18 Palestinian homes and agricultural stores in 3 hamlets, al-Aqaba, Khirbet al-Yirza and al-Miteh in the northern Jordan Valley of the West Bank for lack of Israeli permits. Locals claim no prior nwarning was given. In Aqabah Rashid Dabak and Khaled Subih’s homes were razed. The demolitions brought to 260 the number of Palestinian dwellings destroyed by Israel since the beginning of 2015.[50][51]
  • 6 August
    • 4 Palestinians, all from the same family - Bakr Hasan Abu Naqira, Abdul-Rahman Abu Naqira, Ahmad Hasan Abu Naqira, and Hassan Ahmad Abu Naqira - were killed, and at least 29 were wounded when, according to "Ma'an" and "Haaretz", Israeli ordnance, one of 7,000 left in the Gaza Strip from the 2014 Israel-Gaza war,[52] blew up as rubble was being cleared from a house, owned by Sheikh Attia Abu-Nakira, a senior member of Hamas military wing, in the southern Gaza Strip.[52][53] But according to "The Guardian", there were also "suspicions that the house or a nearby property may have been used to store explosives or rockets. Gaza’s interior ministry's spokesman said: "We can’t give a clear reason for what happened", adding that "an investigation was under way".[54]
    • Two Israeli soldiers were wounded seriously, another lightly in a suspected car hit-and-run attack on Route 60 near Israeli settlement of Shiloh. An attacker, Mohammed Badwan (48) from Biddu village east of Ramallah, was shot 4 times by a fourth soldier.[55][56][57][58]
  • 7 August
    • A Gaza launched mortar hit Israeli territory in open ground near Kibbutz Re'im.[59][60]
    • From 2 to 4 Palestinians were injured during an Israeli retaliatory strike on a Hamas military post near Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip. Hamas said two of its members had been lightly wounded.[61][62]
  • 8 August
    • A Palestinian boy, Mahir Shatat (14) was shot in the cheek by Israeli live fire near Beit Hanoun in the Gaza Strip. The reason given was that he was observed approaching the Separation Border Barrier.[63]
  • 9 August
    • Palestinian sources claim that Israeli settlers from Har Bracha set fire to hundreds of acres of land west of Burin, while Yitzhar settlers set an area south of Burin alight, the fire spreading towards Einabus.[64]
    • A Palestinian, Anas Muntaser Taha (20) of Qutna, was shot dead after stabbing an Israeli man, Yehuda Ben Moyal (26) of Modi'in Illit, several times at a gas station near Ofer security checkpoint. Ben-Moyal was hospitalized with light to moderate wounds. The victim complained that other Palestinians present did not intervene to help him. IDF spokesman Peter Lerner said however that Arab employees at the site had alerted the IDF of the incident.[65][66][67][68]
  • 10 August
    • Adnan Abdullah's home in the village of Deir Ballut, one of 60 houses in the Khallat Qaswal area located in Area C, was bulldozed for being constructed without an Israeli permit.[69]
    • 2 Palestinian homes and a barn, belonging to Rajeh Farhan al-Samamreh, were demolished in the Hebron village of Rahwa by Israeli forces. The structures were home to 24 people, mostly children. It would appear they lacked Israeli permits. 3,000 settlers have built settlements in the area.[70]
  • 11 August
    • According to Palestinian reports settlers threw Molotov cocktails into a public park in Qaryut, near Nablus. Another attempt to attack land in Beita was reportedly undertaken but beaten off.[71]
    • Israeli bulldozers razed a three-storey building, containing two meeting halls and four offices and extending over 220 square meters owned by Mazin Abu Diab in the industrial zone of Qalandiya. The owner said the building was originally constructed in 1971 and a 100-metre extension added in 2013, for which he tried, but failed to obtain Israeli permits. 80% of the zone is in Area C.[72]
  • 13 August
    • A Bedouin tent near Kafr Malik village in northern Ramallah was torched. Jewish settlers are suspected as the perpetrators: price tag graffiti were sprayed nearby. It had been the primary lodging of Yousef Kaba’ane, his wife and eight children until a week earlier.[73][74][75]
    • The house of Mousa Salim Hasan in Tuqu village on the outskirts of Bethlehem, Muhammad Majid Dabash's home in the village of Harmala, and the outer wall of Khalaf al-Himri's home in Za'atara were demolished by Israeli forces.[76]
    • A Palestinian contractor Loay Bakri (31) suffered a broken hand when assaulted by 6 youths, wielding steel rods bars, while fixing a traffix light in the settlement of Pisgat Ze'ev. Tweo Israeli minors were later detained by police.[77]
  • 15 August
    • A Palestinian from Beit 'Anan stabbed and lightly wounded an Israeli soldier near Beit Ur al-Tahta and Beit Horon on route 443 in the West Bank. The Palestinian was arrested after being shot in the shoulder. Israeli reports say he asked for water before attacking the soldier, and motivated his gesture as a result of having been beaten by his father during a quarrel earlier that morning.[78][79]
    • A Palestinian teenager, Ahmad Kamil Rafeeq al-Taj (16), was shot and died of multiple wounds after stabbing a Border Police officer near Beita. The soldier suffered a light wound to the shoulder.[80][81][82]
  • 16 August
    • Muhammad Mustafa Najjar (19) was moderately injured when a car allegedly driven by a settler hit him in trhe village of Yatma. The vehicle fled the scene.[83]
  • 17 August
    • A Palestinian man, Mohammed Bassam al-Atrash (26), Kufr Ra’i (Jenin) was shot dead after he reportedly approached Border Police officers at Tapuah Junction (Za'atara checkpoint) and asked for medical assistance, and then pulled out a knife and stabbed a Border Police officer, who was lightly wounded. This marks the fifth time in over a month that Palestinians have attacked Israelis.[84][85][86]
    • Israeli forces Monday uprooted trees reportedly on privately owned Palestinian land in the Bir Onah area of Beit Jala. Theplots affected by the bulldozing of an area of some 30 dunams were those of the Al-Shatla, Abu Eid, Abu Ghattas, Abu Saada, Khaliliya, and Abu Mohor families. The purpose of the bulldozing was to create a Separation Barrier.[87]
    • Israeli bulldozers razed structures belonging to more than 20 families of the Jahalin Bedouin community in the Khan al-Ahmar area east of Jerusalem.[88]
  • 18 August 2015
    • Israeli bulldozers bulldozed 12 tents housing the al-Rashayda and al-Taamra families in the al-Fasayel area near Jericho. In a similar operation several structures were demolished in al-Maaber near Jericho, for a total of 22 structures, including animal pens. 79 Palestinians, including 49 children were left homeless, and their flocks without shelter, in the searing heat as a result.[89][90] The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) and the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) stated that,'this is the largest number of Palestinians displaced in the West Bank in one day in nearly three years.'[91]
    • A Palestinian woman, and 4 teenagers, 3 Jordanians and one Israeli, suffered bruises in rock attacks on a bus and two cars in east Jerusalem's A-Tur neighborhood on the Mount of Olives. According to a police report, the attack took place at night when Palestinian youths threw a barrage of rocks at the vehicles without provocation, shattering the bus's and both cars' windshields.Original reports stated that the 3 teenagers were Jewish Israelis.[92][93]
  • 19 August
    • Israeli bulldozers demolished a 6 apartment 3-story building belonging to the Tawtah and al-Tawatnji families under construction in Wadi al-Joz, East Jerusalem. The residences were razed for lack of an Israeli construction permit. According to the Tawatah family, Construction began 9 months ago on the basis of lower apartments built 80 years ago.[94]
    • An Israeli soldier was lightly to moderately injured after an amateur-made explosive was thrown at an IDF position, the Patriarch's Way security checkpoint, near Beit Jala south of Jerusalem.[93][95]
    • A two-year old Israeli girl was lightly injured by glass fragments to her face when Palestiniansw threw stones at the vehicle she was traveling in with her father on Route 45 between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The father was hurt in the shoulder but did not require medical treatment. Another vehicle was also targeted by the assailants, who caused damage to the car and lightly wounded the driver who did not need medical treatment. The area has been the site of multiple similar attacks in the past.[93][96]
    • Israeli forces demolished the homes of two families, numbering 11, including 7 minors, in Khirbet Einun. A sheep pen was also razed. A further home to a family of 8 was razed in the nearby Khirbet a-Deir community. The dwellings lacked Israeli permits.[97] 31 Aids groups, including Oxfam and Amnesty International, using UN figures, protested what they called the "surge" of "wanton destruction" in Area C West Bank demolitions of Palestinian housing, which had left 132 Palestinians homeless after 63 houses and other structures had been razed in one week.[98]
  • 21 August
    • 4 Palestinians, among them 3 children, were wounded by rubber-coated steel bullets used to disperse protesters at the weekly demonstration in the village of Kafr Qaddum against the confiscation of over 10% of village land, according to the Jerusalem Applied Research Institute, for the establishment of 4 Jewish-only settlements - Kedumim, Kedumim Zefon, Jit, and Givat HaMerkaziz. Those injured were Abd al-Rahim Abd al-Salam (6) hit in the shoulder: Moussa Abd al-Lateef (13), shot in the hand: Jamil Helmi (17) wounded in the thigh, and Odai Qaddumi, struck in the hands and stomach.[99]
  • 22 August
    • Israeli settlers from Esh Kodesh reportedly attacked Palestinians farming their land in the Buslata area east of Qusra. Some injuries among Palestinians were reported when Israeli forces intervened and fired tear gas canisters and rubber-coated steel bullets.[100]
    • Mahmoud Ahmad Othman (32)from the village of Majdal Bani Fadil was reportedly beaten up by settlers who stopped their car to do so at a crossroads near Yatma.[101]
  • 25 August
    • Two houses belonging to Muhammad and Khalid al-Abbasi in the al-Muroj area of Jabal al-Mukabir, East Jerusalem, were demolished for lacking Israeli construction permits. It is the 19th demolition of Palestinian residences in East Jerusalem this year.[102]
  • 26 August
    • 9 tine shacks, including 2 homes and 7 commercial stores (grocery, car wash, and furniture store), were razed by Israeli forces in on al-Eizariya for lack of permits. Sami Abu Ghaliya, who with his family of 6 was left homeless, is a Fatah official representing Bedouin tribes outside Jerusalem owned some of the buildings.[103]
    • An axe-wielding man attacked a group of Border Policemen near Damascus Gate in Jerusalem's Old City. While the officers worked to neutralize the suspect, he managed to stab one Israeli officer and lightly wound him in the leg. An attacker, 56-year-old Palestinian from Hebron, was apprehended. He was released in 2013 in the third phase of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange after imprisoned for murdering Menahem Stern in 1989.[104][105][106][107]
    • A molotov cocktail hit one of several Israeli jeeps in At-Tur neighbourhood in East Jerusalem. Police were not injured, but the flames engulfed other vehicles.[107]
  • 27 August
    • After a Gaza rocket was fired and landed near the border fence, on open ground open in the Eshkol Regional Council area, Israeli aircraft struck a Hamas weapons manufacturing site in the Gaza Strip.[108]
  • 28 August
    • Deyaa Shtewei (36) was shot in the foot with live ammunition during the weekly protest at Kafr Qaddum. Demonstrators were also sprayed with Skunk.[109]
    • Journalist Mohammad Basman Yasin received a leg wound from a rubber-coated steel bullet in a demonstration at Bil'in[109]
    • A Palestinian child, Salam Basim, was shot in the foot by a rubber-coated bullet in Nabi Saleh. Palestinian sources also claim that Israeli forces assaulted a child, Mohammad Basim, who had his arm broken two days earlier in a raid, was assaulted and his mother Nariman, and Nawal al-Tamimi beaten.[109] Pictures of an incident of a child been detained by a soldier went viral on the internet, according to Ynet.[110]
    • Palestinian youths torched an Israeli's car in the al-Tur neighborhood of East Jerusalem. The car reportedly belonged to settlers in what a Palestinian source described as an illegal outpost' near al-Khalwa Street. No one was injured.[111]
  • 29 August
    • One Israeli soldier sustained a light injury to his foot by a Palestinian car that allegedly tried to run over soldiers at Ari Junction, south of Hebron. IDF troops fired on a car, but it "managed to drive away".[112]
    • 4 youths were injured by rubber-coated steel bullets when clashes broke out after Israeli forced raided the village of Tell. Those injured were Amir Basil al-Hindi (19), shot in the head: Yahya Abdul-Karim (21) in the hand: Anas Yousif Hamdi (21) in the foot, and Ahmad Abdul-Fattah Asidi (21) in the thigh.[113]
  • 30 August
    • An Israeli settler (46) from Kedumim suffered a light arm injury when he his vehicle was fired on from a passing car at the Jit Junction west of Nablus. "The shooter or shooters fled the scene".[112][114]
  • 31 August
    • 25 structures of the al-Khdeirat Bedouin community near the village of Jaba northeast of Jerusalem were demolished for lack of Israeli permits by Israeli forces leaving 11 families and about 100 people homeless, among them 70 children.[115]
    • During an Israeli incursion into Jenin involving 40 military vehicles, the object of which was to arrest Bassem al-Saadi, a senior Islamic Jihad official, clashes broke out when Israeli troops also surrounded the family house of Abu al-Hija (Alhaija), said to have links to Hamas. Hundreds of Palestinians threw rocks and Molotov cocktails during the incident. Saadi evaded arrest, being outside his home at the time, though Palestinian reports state a rocket was fired at the residence. At least 5 Palestinians were reportedly injured by rubber-bullets, or tear gas, while some estimates ran as high as 20. Initial IDF reports said the troops had been fired on: later versions stated that gunfire had been heard. One Israeli Border policeman from the Yamam unit was moderately wounded, whether by Palestinian shooting or friendly fire, as Ynet reported, is unknown but under investigation. Haaretz reported a premilinary analysis suggested he was probably wounded by friendly fire.[116] Israeli forces are said to have acted after repeatedly calling on the residents to surrender, and arrested Majdi Abu al-Hija, his brother Alaa, his 15 year old son, and his mother, and then demolished their home.[117][118][119]


  • 2 September
    • A Palestinian from Gaza was shot in the leg while either entering Israel or approaching a border sea fence off the coast of northern Gaza. Israeli sources say he was warned before being shot in the lower extremities. The man was evacuated for treatment to Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon.[120]
    • Kibbutz Netiv Ha’asarah was fired from Gaza. "One of the bullets shattered the window of a home ... and hit a television while two children, aged 6 and 9, were watching it".[121]
    • Palestinians accused Israeli settlers from Kedumim of having vandalized the electricity transmission lines into their village of Kafr Qaddum [122]
    • Tombstones in the Mount of Olives Jewish Cemetery were desecrated and set on fire, in what is suspected to be a nationalistic motive.[123] Last such incidents of vandalism in the Cemetery were in June 2015.[124] It has a "long been targeted by Arab teens who vandalize graves. Many visitors were "forced to retain security escorts provided by the Ministry of Housing and Construction to visit the grave-sites" because of chronic rock attacks.[125]
    • Israeli police and firefighters were attacked by rocks thrown by local Palestinians just after saving a Palestinian family from a fire in Isawiya neighborhood (East Jerusalem).[125]
    • A Palestinian was shot and moderately wounded after "attempting to throw an explosive at Israeli security forces near Bethlehem". The explosive was neutralized by Israeli bomb squad personnel.[126]
  • 3 September
    • A Palestinian boy, Anan Faris Malash (15), was arrested after he was shot in his leg during an Israeli raid on the Aida Refugee Camp outside of Bethlehem, after he allegedly threw a Molotov cocktail at them.[127]
    • After gunfire from Gaza hit 3 houses in the Netiv HaAsara kibbutz, the Israeli Airforce launched 2 missiles at the Falasteen al-Qassam Brigades military site in the northern Gaza Strip. The IDF's initial assessment had been that the gunfire, from a Hamas training base, was accidental.[128][129]
    • A Palestinian child, Bilal Abu Amro (11) was shot in the thigh by Israeli forces while out at sea with his father, a fisherman, reportedly near Beit Lahiya.[130]
    • 5 American yeshiva students were attacked after accidentally driving into Hebron, with stones and Molotov cocktails. Their car was set alight and two were lightly injured. They were sheltered for 40 minutes by a local Palestinian,Fayez Abu Hamdiyeh who called in the police.[131][132]
  • 4 September
    • A Palestinian youth was wounded by live fire when Israeli forces raided the Qalandiya refugee camp. Israel claims that the raid was precipitated by shots fired at a military checkpoint watchtower.[133]
  • 7 September
    • 6 Palestinians were injured when clashes broke out after an Israeli checkpoint was set up in the Ras al-Amud quarter of Silwan. Zaki al-Razim (34) was reportedly struck by a jeep.[134]
  • 11 September
    • Israeli forces took over the Kafr Qaddum home of Abd al-Latif al-Qaddumi, the head of the Palestinian Authority police in Nablus, evicted his wife and children and turned it into a military outpost.[135]
    • 4 Palestinian youths were injured by sponge bullets as Israeli forces clashes with demonstrators at the weekly protest march as Kafr Qaddum. Yusif Shtewei (24) was shot in the head with a sponge bullet. Aus Amer (2), Odai Sameer (23) and Muhammad Aqel (18) were wounded in their lower extremities.[136]
    • According to the Wadi Hilweh Information Center, Zaid Abu Qweidir (8) was attacked by a settler in Silwan in the Batn al-Hawa area. The incident led to clashes between local Palestinians and settlers, who used pepper spray on the former, 15 of whom reportedly were injured.[137]
  • 13 September
    • During clashes on the Temple Mount/Haram al-Sharif on the eve of Rosh HaShanah between Israeli police and Palestinians, According to Israeli accounts, acting on information from house searches in East Jerusalem which turned up pipe bombs suggesting to them that some Palestinians involved had withdrawn into the compound and intended attacking Israeli visitors the following day, police stormed the site and countered the throwing of stones and fireworks by sealing the Al-Aqsa mosque and firing into it. According to Palestinian accounts, the banning of Mourabitoun sentinels from the site raised tensions and the police had entered shortly after dawn prayer and fired rubber-coated steel bullets and stun grenades into or within the mosque. Several Palestinians were injured, including a boy, Anas Siyam, shot in the chest with a sponge bullet.[138][139][140]
  • 14 September
    • In the 2015 Rosh HaShanah death by stone-throwing rocks thrown by Palestinians hit a car driven by Alexander Levlovich (64), the car spun out of control, and crashed. The driver died of his injuries, and two passengers were lightly injured. The group was returning home from a Rosh HaShanah dinner. Though reports of rock throwing were numerous, initial testimonies from passengers suggested that the driver had 'convulsed' before he lost control of the vehicle. Later reports attributed the cause of the incident to rock throwing.[141][142][143]
  • 15 September
    • 36 Palestinians were treated for injuries from stun grenades, tear gas canisters, and rubber-coated steel bullets when Israeli forces clashed with Israeli police on the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount, during the 3rd day of clashes. The Waqf said the Israeli forces had penetrated the southern mosque as far as Saladin's Minbar (pulpit) and witnesses said that stun grenades had set fire by the mosque's Bab al-Janaez (funerals door). A 14-year-old boy, shot in the head by a rubber-coated steel bullet, required 10 stitches. 5 Israeli officers required treatment.[144]
  • 17 September
    • Anas Muhammad Saleh ( 17) received a shot wound in the thigh near the Aida refugee camp in Bethlehem.[145]
    • An Israeli bus driver sustained light injuries in a stone-throwing attack that damaged the windshield of his vehicle near the Palestinian village of Hizma.[146]
    • After a firebomb was thrown at an Israeli military vehicle at a military checkpoint near the settlement of Itamar, Ahmad Izzat Khatatbeh ( 26), a deaf man, of the village of Beit Furik, reportedly a suspect in the incident, was shot at the Beit Furik checkpoint by soldiers three times from behind[147] and wounded in the shoulder and pelvis and remained in a critical condition. He died a week later in hospital.[148] The IDF stated that he was shot because he represented a "a clear and present danger" to civilian passersby". According to Gideon Levy, it was late at night, civilians are not known to have been present; he was deaf and could not heed calls to stop, and he was returning home after shopping for clothes in Nablus for the Eid al-Adha holiday. Soldiers stopped an ambulance from picking him up for an hour, while he was still wounded.His death was compared to that of Naama and Eitam Henkin near the same checkpoint some weeks later.[147][149] A further suspect was arrested.[150]
    • A number of Palestinian youths were suspected of throwing stones and a Molotov cocktail at an Israeli bus in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Ras al-Amud. The vehicle caught fire, but The Palestinian driver managed to flee.[146][151]
  • 18 September
    • Four Israeli border policemen were wounded by Palestinians who hurled Molotov cocktails and fired gunshots in Armon Hanatziv, a neighbourhood of southern East Jerusalem. The police said that Palestinians in the area set tires and garbage cans on fire, blocking roadways. When the officers tried to re-open the artery to allow for traffic to flow freely, they were ambushed with firebombs. One security officer was listed in moderate-to-serious condition after sustaining wounds to his lower extremities. Another officer was treated for wounds to his hand, while the other two suffered light burns.[152]
    • In clashes between Israeli police and Palestinians protesting restrictions on attendance at the Al-Aqsa mosque across East Jerusalem, at Jabal al-Mukabbir IsawiyaShufat Refugee CampAt-TurSilwanAl-Eizariya , al-Suwwana and Wadi al-Joz from several to dozens of Palestinians were injured and 11 arrested. Ther al-Fasfous, spokesman for Fatah at Shuafat was injured by live fire; a boy at At-Tur was wounded by a rubber-coated bullet shot to the head; a woman was hit with a stun grenade in the Hosh Saida alley at Wadi al-Joz.[153] A Palestinian was shot by live fire in Silwad, where family members of the Muammar Ayyad household required hospital treatment when their house was broken into. 15 Palestinians were injured, 6 of whom from live fire, and the rest with rubber bullets,during clashes near the Ofer detention center. 3 Palestinians were shot by rubber-coated bullets near the the Qalandiya military checkpoint in a protest after prayers. Mohammad Abdullah (13), Nasser Barham (46) and Bashar Shtewei (45) received gun shot wounds at the weekly protest march in the village of Kafr Qaddum, while 15 others were wounded by rubber bullets. A spokesman there, Murad Shtewei, said his wife, children and father had been pepper-sprayed when the house was seized, its windows smashed and their home turned into a military base.[145] In the village of Aboud a Palestinian was reportedly wounded by a .22 caliber gunshot .[154] According to Ma'an News Ahmad al-Muti (13) was shot in the leg at a Bethlehem protest with a dumdum bullet,arrested and handcuffed to an Israeli hospital bed. IDF sources stated he was hit for throwing stone. His lawyer said the incident occurred as he was taking his brother to hospital. Doctors decided to amputate Al-Nuti's leg on the 29 September.[155]
    • A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed close to an empty bus near Sderot, damaging the vehicle.[156]
  • 19 September
    • In a retaliatory strike, the IAF Iaunched several raids. The first targeted a radio tower at the former headquarters of the Israeli Civil Administration before the 2005 Israeli disengagement from the Gaza Strip. One person was injured. 2 missiles struck Beit Hanoun, while a third hit the al-Qassam Brigade-run Abu Jarad military training camp in Zaytoun.[156]
    • Abdullah Haitham Abbas (14) was shot in the thigh by live fire by Israeli forces in the village of Kfar Qaddum whose main street to Nablus has been closed off for 13 years. Israeli sources say they were quelling a 'riot' in which rocks were thrown and burning tyres rolled and confirmed a 'hit' with .22 caliber rounds .[157]
    • A car driven by Ammar Naim Sarkaji was allegedly shot at on the road from Beit Dajan to Nablus from a car with Israeli license plates near the settlement of Elon Moreh. No injurfies were reported.[158]
  • 20 September
    • A Palestinian boy (13) had his skull fractured from a rubber-coated steel bullet fired by Israeli forces during clashes in a search-and-arrest raid in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of al-Issawiya.[159]
  • 21 September
    • An Israeli soldier sustained light injuries during clashes with Palestinians when 60 of the latter threw stones, Molotov cocktails and rolled rubber tires at 2,000 Israelis visiting Joseph's Tomb in Nablus.[160][161]
    • 4 Israeli military bulldozers made an incursion into the Gaza strip and leveled agricultural land near Jabaliya.[162]
    • A rocket, the 11th since January 2015, was fired from Gaza into southern Israel, exploding in an open field The rocket landed in the Ashkelon Region . No damage was caused.[163][164]
  • 22 September
    • Diyaa Abdul-Halim Talahmah/Diaa Talhama (21) died during clashes with Israeli forces in Khursa, near Hebron. Reports of the cause of death are contradictory. According to Palestinian sources he was shot dead by Israeli forces in the village of Khursa, near Hebron. According to the IDF, troops investigating a report of a road blockaded by rocks heard an explosion and found a body, suggesting that the man had died when an IED device had blown up prematurely when the suspect attempted to hurl it at an IDF vehicle. According to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz he was shot dead when IDF soldiers suspected he was trying to throw an IED their way.[165][166][167]
    • Hadeel al-Hashlamon (18) was shot 10 times[168] in Hebron, lacked medical assistance for a half hour, and expired several hours, at 4 p.m.[168] later at Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem . Accounts are contradictory. Two bystanders witnessed the event: a Brazilian human rights activist, Marcel, and a Tel Rumeida resident, Fawaz Abu Aysha.[168] The Westerner said that she appeared to be trying to open her purse.[169] According to Israeli spokesmen, she was shot while trying to stab Israeli soldiers. A metal detector is said to have gone off when she passed the "Kikar Hashoter" checkpoint by the entrance of Hebron's al-Shuhada street. Soldiers claim she refused to heed a warning shot, and was shot in the legs when she drew a knife. When she attempted to raise the knife again, she was shot again. A photo on Palestinian media shows her kneeling as a soldier aims his rifle at her. The Israel account is that she hadn’t at that point yet pulled out a knife. Fawaz Abu Aysha said the woman did not understand the Hebrew shouted at her, that as they shot at her feet she seemed in a state of shock, that she moved back when a gate was opened to allow her to retreat, a small gate inside the checkpoint so that she could back away from the soldiers. At the time of the shooting a metre high barrier stood before her and the checkpoint soldiers. Other soldiers rushed in, shot her in the left, then the right leg, and then fired 6/7 bullets into her chest and stomach.[165][170] Amnesty International judged it to be an example of anextrajudicial killing, while B'tselem said arresting the woman was an option and the killing was disproportionate. The woman was holding a knife, froze at the Israeli orders and then started to leave the checkpoint with a 1.2 meter metal barrier between her and the soldiers, who then shot her.[171][172]
  • 25 September
    • Maram Abed al-Latif al-Qaddumi (either 3 or 7), the daughter of Colonel Abd al-Latif al-Qaddumi, was reportedly shot in the head by a rubber-coated steel bullet while standing on a balcony in her home. The father was reportedly also shot in the head as he attempted to take her to hospital by car. Qaddumi's house had been sequestered, and the family evicted, on 11 September for a temporary Israel military outpost. An Israeli spokesman repudiated the claim, stating that an investigation indicated the injuries had been caused by Palestinian stone throwing.[173] The incident is believed to have occurred on Friday as Israeli forces mustered to disperse the weekly protests at road closures in the village of Kafr Qaddum.[174]
    • 3 Palestinians were shot in the legs by live fire during clashes with Israeli forces at Tuqu near Bethlehem.[175]
    • 2 AFP journalists were assaulted and their equipment destroyed by Israeli soldiers when they were filming the funeral of Ahmed Khatatbeh at Beit Furik .The IDF regarded the actions as "grave" and subsequently imposed disciplinary measures on the commander, who was suspended.[176][177]
  • 28 September
    • 22 Palestinians were reportedly injured in clashes with Israeli forces at Al-Aqsa. 3 required hospitalization after being hit by rubber bullets. According to Israel, young protesters sleep inside the mosque, ready to harass Jewish visits. Palestinians fear the uptick in Jewish visits will lead to a change in the rules regarding the site.[178][179]
  • 29 September
    • 12 Palestinians were wounded, 3 reportedly by live ammunition, in clashes with Israeli forces dispersing a protest attended by roughly 300 Palestinians near the settlement of Beit El and north of el-Bireh, near Ramallah.[178]
    • A rocket was fired from the Gaza Strip towards Ashdod around 10:45 pm and was intercepted by Iron Dome. A militant Salafist group, the Sheikh Omar Hadid Brigade, claim responsibility, stating that it was in response to the killing earlier of Hadeel Hashlomon in Hebron.[180][181]
  • 30 September


  • 1 October
    • According to initial Palestinian reports, a settler believed to be a woman fired on a school in Tuqu', and locals responded by throwing rocks at the departing car, lightly hurting the alleged perpetrator, thought to be from the settlement of Tekoa. It is claimed settlers then blocked the main road between Bethlehem and Hebron in the southern occupied West Bank. The IDF intervened and dispersed the Palestinians. According to an Israeli spokesperson and the woman's husband who was at the wheel of the vehicle, 8-10 year old Palestinian children threw rocks at their car while they drove through the village, injuring his wife Erica Marom (28), with glass cuts to the leg, while their 6 month old daughter also required treatment. According to the Israeli military the clashes started afterwards, when the Tekoa settlement’s security coordinator fired warning shots in the air.[182][183] Samih Ali Abed Sabah (28) was subsequently shot in the thigh by live fire for, according to Israeli reports, being the 'main instigator' and refusing to disperse.[184]
    • A Jewish Israeli couple, Eitam and Na'ama Henkin from the settlement of Neria, were murdered in a drive-by shooting assault between Itamar and Elon Moreh near Beit Furik. The woman died immediately, the husband, despite critical wounds, managed to get out of the car and urge his children to flee and hide. Their four children, between the ages of 4 months and 9 years, survived uninjured, but are under treatment for shock. The murderers were said to have stopped to "verify" the kill before speeding off to a nearby village. Hamas spokesman praised the attack as heroic, and called for further such attacks . The Popular Resistance Committees also "blessed" the murder as a 'natural response' to "Israeli crimes." [185][186] The incident was compared by Gideon Levyto the shooting of Ahmed Khatatbeh on the same road a few days earlier.[147] On 5 October, Israeli security forces arrested a 5-man Hamas cell in Nablus for the murders, stating that they had confessed to the killings. They are Ragheb Ahmad Muhammad Aliwi the leader, Yahia Muhammad Naif Abdullah Hajj Hamad, the assassin;Samir Zahir Ibrahim Kusah, the driver ; Karem Lufti Fatahi Razek, the gunman wounded by ‘friendly fire’ from another member of the cell, and Zir Ziad Jamal Amar, who cased the site for the attack.[187]
    • Settler disturbances broke out overnight in what were described as price tag assaults. A Palestinian car was torched in Beitillu; settlers rallied outside Huwara, smashing several cars at the nearby checkpoint. A raid was conducted on Burin, a house stoned inBeitin and a Palestinian intelligence commander was injured when his vehicle was hit by rocks near Beit Furik. 15 Palestinian vehicles, including an ambulance, were damaged.[188][189]
  • 2 October
    • Israeli settlers torched dozens of olive trees on the property of Um Ayman Sufian near the village of Burin, and endeavoured to set fire to her house before they were driven off, and the fire extinguished.[190]
    • Settlers also set fire to agricultural lands at Huwara village.[190]
    • Walid Khalid Qawwar, (35) from Aida refugee camp sustained shrapnel in juries when settlers reportedly opened fire at a major crossroads in the Gush Etzion settlement bloc [191]
    • 3 Palestinian medics, Dr. Samel al-Att, nurse Murad al-Qatuni, and anesthetist Samer Habash were injured by settler rock throwing which struck their ambulance as they drove near the settlement of Kfar Tapuach.[192]
    • A Red Crescent ambulance was attacked by Israeli troops in Isawiya village, East Jerusalem, to arrest an injured Palestinian inside the vehicle.[193]
  • 3 October
    • Israeli forces shot 10 Palestinians with live fire in the legs or stomach during raids in the ad-Daheya neighborhood of Nablus, on a mission to search for the perpetrators of the murders of Eitam and Na'ama Henkin. Nazmi Hattab was shot with live ammunition in the chest. 4 others were reportedly beaten up.[194]
    • A Palestinian child, Yousef Bayan al-Tabib (6) of the village of Izbeit at-Tabib 6 miles east of Qalqiliya, was critically wounded in the stomach, and first reported by the family to have been shot by a settler from a passing car. On investigation, it emerged that the family had lied: the child was wounded as boys played with a gun, and an attempt was made to secure a PA stipend by suggesting that he was a victim of a terror incident.[195][196]
    • An empty IDF military vehicle in the vicinity of Hebron was torched by a firebomb.[197]
    • An Israeli suffered light wounds when his car was stoned by unknown attackers in the West Bank.[197]
    • An ambulance on an evacuation mission was stoned but managed to reach the hospital.[197]
    • 3 members of an ultra-Orthodox family, Aharon Bennett/Benita[198] (24), of the settlement of Beitar Illit,[199] his wife Adele (22) and one of their two children were attacked in a combined stabbing and shooting assault in Jerusalem near the Lion's Gate in the Old Quarter. The assailant was Muhannad Shafeq Hallabi (19) a Palestinian law student at Al-Quds University from al-Bireh near Ramallah. Versions vary. One man, Nehemia Lavi (41), a retired rabbi for the IDF and rabbi at the Ateret Yerushalayim Yeshivain East Jerusalem,[200] had in one report intervened, gun in hand, to stop the assailant, who, after stabbing Lavi seized his gun and shot the others, a couple. Lavi pronounced dead on arrival in hospital. Another version says Hallabi first stabbed the baby's father, Aharon, and took the gun from him to shoot at tourists close by. Bennett died of wounds later in hospital, and his wife who, though stabbed, managed to run and alert Border police, was in critical condition, and her 2 year old infant, Natan, was also lightly injured with a gunshot wound to the leg. The presumed killer was shot dead by police.[201] On Facebook the day before, Halabi expressed his conviction Palestinians would not put up with Israeli attacks on the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount and that a Third Intifada had already begun.[202] This was one of a flurry od posts advocating violence against Israeli citizens and soldiers following the death on September 22 of a fellow student and friend, Diaa Talhama.[198][200][203] That night, as his parents looked on shocked, youths danced and praised his memory before the family home at Surda.[198][200] Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility, while Hamas praised the attack.[197][204][205]
    • Soon after settlers, reportedly from the Har Brakha and Yitzhar settlements, attacked the village of Burin, torching agricultural fields and groves.[198]
  • 4 October
    • Overnight from 3–4 October central Jerusalem was scoured by mobs seeking to identify and attack Palestinians. Hundred of people, mostly youths, but including Ben-Zion GopsteinLehava militants and Baruch Marzel, gathered at Zion Square ran amok shouting 'Death to Arabs' slogans and looking for Palestinians: a kitchen hand and tax driver were attacked; Palestinian sanitation workers required a police escort; a Palestinian woman in a dialogue group in Zion square was threatened; an attempt was made to penetrate the Muslim quarter, and, at 4 a.m. Fadi Alloun arrived on the scene.[206]
    • At around 4 a.m. a 15 year old Israeli teenager,Moshe Malka,[203] was allegedly stabbed by Fadi Samir Mustafa Alloun (19) from occupied East Jerusalem village of al-Isawiya who was in turn shot dead by security forces. The incident occurred in the Musrara neighbourhood.[198] Alloun had earlier written on his Facebook page:"Either martyrdom or victory". 20 youths in hia quarter had been wounded in clashes with Israeli police earlier. The family insists he was caught up in a settler rampage. One relative said he was on his way to work in a bakery.[201]His father, saying his son had gone jogging at the time and citing a video and witnesses, said Alloun had been surrounded by settlers threatening to kill him, and was shot while fleeing for police protection, as the latter were egged on by bystanders.[198][202][206][207][208]
    • At dawn, Israel forces broke into the Jenin Refugee Camp and fired a missile at the home of a Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades militant Qays a-Sa'adi. The Law missile destroyed the house: it is not yet ascertained whether the target was inside the residence or not. 18 other Palestinians were injured in clashes that broke out. A Palestinian, Karam al-Masri (23), hospitalized with an arm fracture 2 days earlier, was seized and dragged from the local hospital by IDF troops disguised as Arabs who also reportedly smashed video surveillance cameras.[198][209] It emerged on 5 October that the man seized in the hospital, identified as Karem Lufti Fatahi Razek, was arrested on suspicion of being involved in the murders of Naama and Eitam Henkin, and his injury the result of friendly fire during the assassination.[187]
    • The Palestinian Red Crescent declared an emergency after declaring that its staff and ambulances had been attacked by Israeli soldiers and settlers 14 times over the preceding 3 days.[193]
    • An ambulance at Jalazone Refugee Camp was shot up and two volunteers accompanying wounded.[198]
    • A Palestinian reporter,Hanaa Mahameed working for the Al Maydeen network, was reportedly injured by stun grenade shrapnel as she was broadcasting clashes in Issawiya.[209]
    • According to the Red Crescent society, of the 220 Palestinians injured during clashes over the 24-hour period of Saturday and Sunday, at least 96 Palestinians had been wounded by Israeli gunfire,28 with live rounds,68 with rubber-coated steel bullets.[210]Other Palestinian sources put the figure for Palestinian wounded at over 100.[198]
    • A Palestinian youth was shot in the leg, allegedly for stone throwing in Isawiya, East Jerusalem. He fled before Israeli forces could apprehend him.[211]
    • 3 Palestinians were shot outside the campus of Al-Quds University in Abu Dis with rubber-coated steel bullets. The Palestinian Red Crescent Society reported that one of its ambulance crews was attacked by soldiers as it attended to the injured.[212]
    • An Israeli military vehicle was firebombed outside Hebron, at Halhul.[198] An Israeli military post was hit with an IED outside Beit Ummar, and al-Arrub refugee camp was closed after youths threw stones at a military vehicle.[213]
    • Among several separate incidents reportedly involving settler attacks, Jasir Hazazi (65) an elderly guard at the al-Baraka park in Yatta was assaulted by settlers. Also solar panels were smashed at a village east of Yatta. The car of a Palestinian doctor Imad Abu Iram, had its windows smashed by settlers at Reef Junction[198] near the village of Zif. The home of Kayid Daana in Wadi al-Hussein near Kiryat Arba was stormed by settlers and similar attacks were reported in Hebron's Salayma neighborhood.[213]
    • 2 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip towards Israel. One landed within the Strip, the other on open ground in the Eshkol Regional Council.[214]
    • Huthayfa Othman Suleiman (18) died after being shot in the chest in clashes with Israeli soldiers at Bal'a, while 3 or 4 others were wounded by live fire, Omar Jadba in the abdomen and legs, and the others two in the lower extremities. 6 were wounded by rubber coated steel bullets.[215] The Palestinian head of state Mahmoud Abbas formally asked the UN to provide Palestinians with protection from what he termed 'Israeli aggression'.[216]
  • 5 October
    • Overnight, at 2:30 am., the Israeli Air Force retaliated for the rocket fired from Gaza by launching a strike that hit a Hamas training camp in the northern Gaza Strip.[217][218]
    • Two Palestinians Adham Musallam (13) of Hebron and Muhammad al-Tarayra (24) of Bani Naim were reportedly assaulted at al-Arrub refugee camp by settlers and required hospitalization.The IDF subsequently announced it would close off the camp because of stone throwing at settlers' vehicles.[219]
    • In the morning 8 Palestinians were shot by rubber-coated bullets, 5 at a demonstration in Ramallah.[220]
    • An 12-year-old boy,Abed al-Rahman Shadi Obeidallah/Abed a-Rahman Abdallah, was critically injured with a wound near the heart by Israeli troops at Aida Refugee Camp. He died shortly afterwards in hospital. The day after, the IDF admitted it had made a mistake, giving two alternative versions. Either they had targeted someone standing near him, or a bullet fired at his legs missed the target and "ricocheted" into his chest.[221] Another teenager was shot in the leg during the same clashes.[222][223] Youths from the camp set fire to the Israeli watchtower from which they believe the sniper had fired.[224]
    • In dispersing a protest at Obeidallah's killing at the northern entrance to Bethlehem, Israeli forces shot one youth in the head with a rubber-coated steel bullet, while another was wounded with a live round to his leg.[224]
    • 2 women were pelted with stones, and one was lightly injured, on the Hass Promenade near the East Talpiot. A Palestinian suspect was arrested.[222]
    • Several Palestinian vehicles were pelted with rocks by Jews near Ramat Shlomo, and one ultra-Orthodox suspect was arrested.[222][225]
    • The Palestinian Red Crescent Society was reported as estimating that 395-456 Palestinians had been injured in clashes with Israeli forces in the preceding 24 hour period. 32-36 were wounded by live ammunition, and 118-136 by rubber coated steel bullets; 243 by the effects of tear gas inhalation, and 11 in clashes with Israeli security forces.[222][225]
    • In clashes in the Bab al-Zawiya area of central Hebron, Israeli forces shot 9 people with rubber-coated steel bullets, injuring one critically in the head.[226]
    • A Palestinian youth was shot in the chest in clashes at Beit Hanina and left in a critical condition.[227] His death later in the evening brought the total of teenagers killed by Israeli forces in the last 24 hours to 3.[228]
    • 30-35 youths were reportedly shot with rubber-coated steel bullets in Shuafat. One was wounded in the genitals.[227]
  • 6 October
    • Overnight 6 Palestinians were shot with live ammunition and rubber-coated steel bullets in clashes with Israeli forces at al-Bireh, near Ramallah and the Israeli settlement of Beit El.[229]
    • 2 Palestinians were shot in the head with 0.22 ammunition, and a third in the leg, by Israeli forces in Bethlehem during clashes in the wake of the funeral of Abed al-Rahman Obeidallah. Another 7 were injured by rubber-coated steel bullets.[230]
    • Settlers reportedly stoned Mahmoud Khalil Abu Qubita's house west of Yatta, smashing the windows and injuring his son Osama (10) in the head. The child required hospitalization.[231]
    • Palestinian rock throwers in the Israeli city of Jaffa injured lightly 6 policemen, and damaged A bus and vehicle.[232][233]
    • The Red Crescent and Palestinian Authority Ministry of Health stated that over 129 Palestinians had been injured in clashes with Israeli troops throughout Tuesday, 8 from live ammunition and a further 23 from rubber-coated steel bullets. The Red Crescent also registered a complaint that from Friday to Tuesday Israeli forces had attacked their emergency relief teams 27 times, inmjuring 17 staff and damaging 10 ambulances.[234]
  • 7 October
    • 2 Palestinians throwing rocks on the road between the settlements of Tekoa and Har Homa damaged 7 cars. One incident near the Beit Sahour checkpoint resulted in the smashing of a windscreen by youths directly jumped on the car, and a light injury to the driver, Rivi Lev Ohayon (38) from Tekoa, who stated that an attempt had been made to "lynch" her. Subsequently the culprits were shot and wounded near the village of Dar Salah: Mujahid Naem Abu-Sarhan (18) in the chest and Suhaib Ibrahim Hasasna (18) in the leg. Both are from the town of al-Ubeidiya[235]
    • A Palestinian woman Shuroq Salah Dwayat (18) of Sur Baher was shot four times in the upper body that left her in a serious condition. Israeli police allege that she stabbed an Israeli man (36) in Hagai street near the Lions' Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem, wounding him twice in the back, after which he responded by opening fire at her. [236] Palestinian eyewitnesses' accounts have contradicted this allegation, asserting that she "did not carry a knife, or a weapon, and that the Israeli assailant was harassing and insulting her, near Bab al-Majles (The Council Gate) before removing her hijab, covering her head, and shot her when she tried to push him away."[237] Her family's home was raided by Israeli forces and were evicted.[238][235][239]
    • Amjad Hatem al-Jundi (24) was shot dead after he stabbed an Israeli soldier in Kiryat Gat, stole his rifle, after lightly wounding the soldier in the head, and fled. He is said to have broken into a woman's apartment and tried to kill her but the rifle had no cartridges left. Local soldiers arrived and reportedly shot him when he apparently opened fire on them. [240][241]
January 2015

January 21, 2015  Palestinian man held over "terror attack" on bus CBS News  JERUSALEM -- A Palestinian man stabbed nine people on a bus in central Tel Aviv on Wednesday, wounding four of them seriously before he was chased down, shot and arrested by Israeli police in an attack praised by the Islamic militant Hamas group. described by police as a "terror attack,"... latest of attacks in which Palestinians have used knives, acid and vehicles as weapons in recent months, suspect was Palestinian from the West Bank and said he had entered Israel illegally. was riding bus then egan stabbing people, including the driver, then managed to get out of the bus and started fleeing the scene. Similar:

August 30, 2014 Burning Jews does not make the news On Aug. 30, Palestinian terrorists set a Jewish man on fire in Jerusalem, A Molotov cocktail—a flaming bottle of gasoline which explodes upon contact—was hurled through the window of a historic 19th-century house known as Beit Meyuhas. One of the residents, a 45-year-old man, was struck by the firebomb and set on fire. He suffered first and second-degree burns to his face and head.

Sept. 1, 2014 Palestinian terrorists tried to set an entire bus full of Israeli Jews on fire. Yet I couldn’t find any mention of these horrific attacks in the New York Times, the Washington Post, or any other major American news outlet. Two firebombs were thrown at an Israeli bus traveling on Route 505, between the towns of Migdalim and Kfar Tapuach. The attackers’ goal was to set the entire bus on fire and burn all of its passengers alive. They almost succeeded. The flaming bombs exploded as they crashed through the front windshield of the bus. Flying glass slashed the driver. It was only by a miracle that he was able to stop the bus without crashing

Nov 12, 2013
Israel daily Ma’ariv reported“Hamas welcomes the soldier stabbing in Afula.This is a natural response to the crimes committed by Israel against the Palestinian people and proof of the failure of political negotiations,” a Hamas spokesman said.
A Palestinian teenager fatally stabbed a 19-year-old Israeli soldier on a bus in northern Israel..the soldier, Eden Atias, 19, was in uniform at the time of the attack and that he had been on his way to an army base. He was stabbed several times in the upper body, according to Micky Rosenfeld, a spokesman for the police. Mr. Rosenfeld said that a 16-year-old Palestinian from Jenin, in the West Bank, was apprehended at the scene and that he told security personnel under questioning that he had acted to avenge one or more relatives serving time in Israeli prison. Israeli news media identified the suspect as Hussein Jawadra.

Since September, an Israeli soldier was killed in Hebron, apparently by a Palestinian sniper; an off-duty soldier was killed by a Palestinian acquaintance who had lured him to the West Bank; and a retired colonel was bludgeoned to death outside his home in the Jordan Valley. Israeli security officials have attributed the rise in attacks to unrelated individuals rather than to an orchestrated campaign backed by militant groups.

November 8, 2013

Couple in West Bank hurt in firebomb attackThe two manage to escape, but car burned to a crisp; third attack against Israelis in under 24 hours BY TIMES OF ISRAEL
More recently, an Israeli couple traveling near the West Bank community of Tekoa was wounded after they were targeted by a firebomb.

November 7, 2013

The day before, a Palestinian was shot and killed after heattempted to stab a Border Police guard in Abu Dis near Jerusalem.
Palestinian who fired a flare gunat Israelis near the West Bank community of Ariel was shot and killed... shot to death at Tapuah Junction, near the West Bank city of Ariel, when he fired a flare gun toward Israelis at a hitchhiking post. IDF soldiers in the area opened fire, killing him on the spot, Earlier in the day, an IDF officer was nearly run over while conducting operations near the West Bank village of Naalin. The officer, a company commander, was standing outside his vehicle during the operation when a Palestinian driver allegedly attempted to ram him. Soldiers opened fire at the car, and the driver fled. The vehicle was found abandoned several hours later.
October 11, 2013

  • Retired Israel Army Colonel Killed in West Bank Attack - Bloomberg
    Oct 11, 2013 · An Israeli reserve army colonel was killed in a suspected terrorist attack that saw him bludgeoned to death outside his West Bank home, according to a ...

  • Retired Israel Colonel Bludgeoned to Death in West Bank Attack ...
    Oct 11, 2013 · An Israeli reserve army colonel was killed in a suspected terrorist attack that saw him bludgeoned to death outside his West Bank home, according to a ...

    Ofer, 61 was bludgeoned to death with metal rods and axes outside his home  The exact motive for the killing has yet to be determined, security officials told Israel RadioOdah Farid Taleb Haroub, 18, and Bashir Ahmed Odah Haroub, 21, reportedly confessed to killing Ofer with others, Ma'ariv said. The two told investigators they visited Ofer's home two weeks earlier, but failed to carry out the attack, the Hebrew daily said.
    Read more:

    News of Terrorism and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (October 9 ...
    They are Oudeh Farid Taleb Haroub, 18, ... The investigation is still ongoing and it is not yet clear if the motive for the murder was criminal, ..

    October 5, 2013

    Almost two weeks after Koby's killing, on Oct. 5, a nine-year-old girl in the West Bank community of Psagot was stabbed (early reports said the victim was shot at close range). Three days after the incident, Israeli authorities arrested two Palestinian relatives from Al Bireh in connection with the attack.
    (Long War)

  • September 22, 2013

  • BBC News - Israeli soldier killed in West Bank city of Hebron
    Sep 23, 2013 · The Israeli army says one of its soldiers has been killed in a shooting in the West Bank city of Hebron. Officials said Sgt Gabriel Koby had been on patrol ...

  • Soldier killed by sniper's bullet in Hebron | The Times of Israel
    An Israel Defense Forces soldier was killed outside the Tomb of the Patriarchs in Hebron Sunday evening by what the army said was Palestinian sniper fire. The Givati .

    September 20, 2013

  • Israeli Soldier Is Lured to West Bank and Killed -
    Sep 22, 2013 · JERUSALEM — A Palestinian man lured an Israeli soldier he worked with at a sandwich shop outside Tel Aviv to the West Bank on Friday, and killed him in ...

  • Israeli soldier lured to West Bank and killed, officials say - Los ... › West Bank
    Sep 21, 2013 · JERUSALEM – An Israeli soldier was lured to the West Bank and killed by a Palestinian former co-worker, Israeli officials said Saturday. The soldier ...

  • 1 killed, 16 injured, 15 vehicles hit, 1 arrested in suspected vehicular terrorist attack May 15, 2011  Israel 2011 Arab Terrorist Truck Traffic Attack  In Tel Aviv Israel one person was killed and at least 16 injured when a truck driven by 22 year old Israeli Arab Issa Islam Ibrahim in Tel Aviv smashed into cars and pedestrians in a suspected terror attack. The driver, a 22-year-old man from the Israeli-Arab town of Kfar Kassem in central Israel, was arrested in the Sunday morning incident. May 15 is designated by the Arab world as Nakba or Catastrophe Day, referring to the day that Israel obtained statehood. The driver reportedly told police that his tire had exploded, causing him to lose control of the truck, a scenario that police suspected was cover story deception. The truck drove for about two miles down a major thoroughfare in Tel Aviv, hitting cars, several buses, a motorcycle and pedestrians; it also knocked down traffic lights and security rails. The driver drove off in the truck following the destruction but was arrested shortly after. (Euro-Asian Jewish congress)

  • 2 killed 15 injured August 1, 2009 2009 Tel Aviv gay centre shooting A masked man entered the Bar Noar gay youth center on Tel Aviv’s Nahmani street and began shooting. Counselor Nir Katz, 26, and 16-year-old Liz Trubeshi were killed and at least fifteen others were injured. Approximately 40 people were present at the center that night. It was the Tel Aviv branch of the Israeli LGBT Association. The shooter was dressed in black and used a pistol to carry out his attack. The city's gay community stated the killer had a homophobic motive while police criticized them for rushing to make declarations about incitement being the cause and police soon discarded the possibility that the shooting was a terror attack with nationalistic motives.  A break came when Hagai Felician confessed his actions to an undercover officer planted in his jail cell.On 10 July 2013, Hagai Felician was indicted on two counts of murder. According to police, Felician was enraged upon hearing a teenager was raped by the senior figure at the club. Together with another suspect, Tarlan Hankishayev, and the state's witness, he came to Barnoar looking for the activist. Unable to find him, Felician “lost it” and shot those present. After it appeared that the state witness lied and was arrested on charges of fabricating evidence, on 26 February, Felician was released. On 9 March 2014, all charges against Felician were dropped.

    January 17, 2001 Mona Jaud Awana Honeypot Palestinian Terrorist Awana, Mona Jaud lured over the internet the 16-year-old Israeli high school student Ofir Rahum, pretending to be a young American tourist, managed to drive him to a remote area in the outskirts of Ramallah where three Palestinian gunmen showed up and shot Rahum at close range. She was a devoted member of the student wing of Al Fatah's Tanzim terror organization. She was released to Gaza on 18 October 2011 as part of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange between Israel and Hamas. Awana is now residing in exile in Turkey.