September 28, 2016 Townville Elementary School shooting Jesse Osborne, aged 14, was identified as the suspected gunman who shot and killed his father 47-year-old father, Jeffrey DeWitt Osborne at his home. Then without any licensce which can't be obtained until age 15, he drove to the elementary school and crashed his pickup truck into a fence. He began firing into the air near the playground, repeatedly shouting, "I hate my life." and began firing at students until he was apprehended by a volunteer firefighter. He shot three students and a teacher, fatally wounding six-year-old student Daily Mail: Jacob Hall. teenager, of Townville, South Carolina, was expelled from his middle school because he brought a hatchet and machete to class. Detectives looking into whether boy, nicknamed 'Little Jesse' because of his size, was bullied. His dead father had convictions for domestic violence and drug possession
|Jacob Hall victim|
Similar: At the Sandy Hook Shooting, Adam Lanza killed his mother before attacking the school. A number of shooting attack sprees have started with somebody angry over a domestic dispute with parents, wife or girlfriend and then proceeded to attack innocent bystanders. None have been connected to terrorism as a motive.
- Domestic Violence Killing Spree - killed father before attacking school
- false calls - second shooter claim
- racism ruled out shooting at Townville Elementary www.wyff4.com said the shooting had no racial or terrorist undertones. Suspect was white
- teen suspect - age 14
- terrorism ruled out
- terrorism ruled out shooting at Townville Elementary www.wyff4.com said the shooting had no racial or terrorist undertones.
- underage/untrained driver: drove into a fence in a pickup truck when he was 14 Teen Driver's License To obtain a learner's permit, you'll need to be at least 15 years old
- white suspect
Townville Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia
The Townville Elementary School shooting occurred on September 28, 2016, in Townville, South Carolina, located 40 miles (64 km) southwest of Greenville. Fourteen-year-old Jesse Osborne shot three students and a teacher, fatally wounding six-year-old student Jacob Hall, who died from his wounds three days later. The gunman, who also shot and killed his father before the shooting, was arrested as the sole suspect and charged with murder and attempted murder.
The shooting started before 1:45 p.m., when Osborne drove into a fence of Townville Elementary School in a black pickup truck, got out of the vehicle and began firing into the air near the school's playground, repeatedly shouting, "I hate my life." He then jumped the fence and began firing at students. Police received a 9-1-1 call on the shooting at 1:44 p.m. At around 2:00 p.m., the suspect was apprehended by a volunteer firefighter. A body, later identified as the suspect's father, was later discovered at the family home by the suspect's paternal grandmother. The woman had received an "unintelligible" call from her grandson before the shooting started, which prompted her to go to the home to investigate.
One student was shot in the foot and a female teacher was shot in the shoulder; both were treated at AnMed Health and released the following evening. Another student suffered a superficial wound that did not require medical treatment. A third student, six-year-old Jacob Hall, suffered a gunshot wound to the leg, which led to massive blood loss and then cardiac arrest. He was airlifted to Greenville Memorial Hospital and underwent surgery. Hall died on October 1, three days after being shot. A funeral for Hall was held on October 5.
Jesse Osborne, aged 14, was identified as the suspected gunman. He was not a student of Townville Elementary School. At the time of the shooting, he was being homeschooled after being expelled from middle school for attacking another student with a hatchet in 2015.Osborne was charged as a juvenile with two counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Farrell, Paul (September 29, 2016). "Jesse Osborne: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy. Retrieved November 23, 2016.
- Jump up^ Karimi, Faith (September 30, 2016). "SC shootings: Suspect allegedly called grandparents before opening fire". CNN. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kalsi, Dal (October 6, 2016). "Townville Elementary students return to school Thursday". FOX Carolina. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Hanna, Jason; Karimi, Faith (September 30, 2016). "South Carolina playground shooting: Teen charged with murder". CNN. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Field, Carla (October 1, 2016). "Boy, 6, dies after shooting at Townville Elementary; 2 injured; teen in custody". WYFF4. Retrieved November 23, 2016.
- Jump up^ "Deputies give update on third victim at Townville Elementary". WYFF4. October 5, 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
Jesse Osborne who gunned down father and schoolboys had been ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Little-Jesse-14-gunned-father-two-schoolboys-six-expelled-brin...Sep 29, 2016 - EXCLUSIVE: 'Little Jesse', 14, who gunned down his father and two schoolboys, both six, had been expelled for bringing in machete and hatchet to class 'because he was bullied'
- Jesse Osborne, 14, is alleged to have murdered his father then gone to the nearest elementary school and shot a teacher and two children
- The teenager, of Townville, South Carolina, was expelled from his middle school because he brought a hatchet and machete to class
- Detectives looking into whether boy, nicknamed 'Little Jesse' because of his size, was bullied before being expelled
- His dead father had convictions for domestic violence and drug possession
- Community is praying for six-year-old Jacob Hall, who remains in hospital on life support after suffering blood loss when he was shot
- Other wounded six-year-old and teacher Meghan Hollingsworth are also recovering
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3814567/Little-Jesse-14-gunned-father-two-schoolboys-six-expelled-bringing-machete-hatchet-class-bullied.html#ixzz4fvtBr1DSFollow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on FacebookJesse Osborne, 14, was allegedly the shooter at Townville Elementary ... of a marijuana offense after a court bench trial at South Carolina.
Should accused Townville shooter be tried as an adult? - FOX ...
www.foxcarolina.com/story/33291249/could-jesse-osborne-be-tried-as-an-adultSep 30, 2016 - The accused gunman in the Townville elementary school shootings appeared ... Jesse Osborne is also charged with murder in the death of his father. ... if the case is a good case to standtrial, the desirability of the case in its ...
Jesse Osborne: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Sep 29, 2016 - A 14-year-old has been charged with one count of murder and three counts of attempted murder after an elementary school shooting that took place in South Carolina. ... The incident happened on the afternoon of September 28 at Townville Elementary School, located about 40 miles ...
Prosecutors Seek to Try Teenager as Adult After Shooting at South ...
https://www.nytimes.com/.../jesse-dewitt-osborne-south-carolina-school-shooting-jacob-...Oct 7, 2016 - Jesse Dewitt Osborne, 14, has been charged with murder in the deaths ... and a 6-year-old boy at an elementary school in Townville last month.
Deputies give update on third victim at Townville Elementary
Oct 5, 2016 - Jesse Osborne faces 2 murder, 3 attempted murder charges ... details about the third victim in last week's shooting at Townville Elementary.
Police: Teenager killed father before opening fire at South Carolina Elementary School
www.duluthnewstribune.com Sep 28, 2016 - Police: Teenager killed father before opening fire at South Carolina elementary school ...boy shot and killed his father then drove to an elementary school where ... then drove a pickup truck about 2 miles to Townville Elementary school ... After the teenager began shooting, volunteer firefighter Jamie Brock ...14-year-old boy kills dad before opening fire at South Carolina school ...globalnews.ca Sep 28, 2016 - A 14-year-old boy shot and killed his father then drove to an elementary school in South ... his 47-year-old father, Jeffrey DeWitt Osborne, then driving a pickup truck OCTOBER 21, 2016 911 call claims 2nd shooter at Townville Elementary Trench Reynolds 911 calls to police from the Townville Elementary School shooting were released. In one of those calls the caller claimed that there was a second shooter in the area. Does this mean that Jesse Osborne had an accomplice that is currently at large? Not at all. As I’ve discussed before second shooters in school shootings are rare and have only happened at Columbine and Jonesboro. [could be accomplaice] As expected, Jesse Osborne has been charged with a second count of murder, after 6-year-old victim Jacob Hall died from his injuries.