Misfortune Timeline Year 2015 ---
January 2015 --- / February 2015 --- / March 2015 --- / April 2015 --- /
May 2015 --- / June 2015 --- / July 2015 --- / August 2015 --- /
September 2015 --- / October 2015 --- / November 2015 --- / December 2015 ---
Terrorism and looks-like-but-is-not-Terrorism in November 2015
Daily Misfortune Monday, November 30, 2015 ---
- Three Wythe County VA schools put on lockdown after report of shooting
- Woman shot, killed at motel in South Fort Worth TX
- Chief: Suspect Killed In Aurora Officer-Involved Shooting 'Tried To Kill Our Officer' with vehicle
- Nov 30, 2015 Nigerian American preacher arrested for beating, robbing and raping escorts he met online
- November 30, 2015 University of Chicago Online Threat Against Whites Cancels Classes
- Paris attack aftermath theory Paris-attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam has escaped to Syria (CNN)
- Iraq Iraqi Armed Forces have launched operations to retake Ramadi from ISIL. (Military Times)
- Syria 50 United States military instructors have deployed to Syria from Turkey and Iraq to train Kurdish forces
- Pope Francis travels to a besieged Muslim neighborhood known as PK5 in the Central African Republic,
- Russia bans two George Soros-run foundations, including the Open Society Foundations, for posing a threat to "Russian national security".
- Jury selection begins for the trial of William Porter, a Baltimore, Maryland police officer in April 19 death of Freddie Gray (CNN)
- November 23, 2015 November 30, 2015 update Teenager Accused and Shot in Israel Stabbing Attack With Scissors Claims Self Defense Plans to File Complaint Unjust Shooting
- 3 killed November 30, 2015 Texas: ex-boyfriend Wilson Ferrer shoots ex-girl and her bf victims of Cinco Ranch double shooting murder suicide identified
- 2 robbed November 30, 2015 Atlanta Symphony members robbed at gunpoint leaving rehearsal
Daily Misfortune Sunday, November 29, 2015 ---
- 8 killed, 20 wounded in Thanksgiving weekend shootings across Chicago Sun Times
- Syrian Civil War Russian airstrikes kill at least 18 civilians and wound dozens more in the town of Ariha v (Reuters) (The International New York Times)
- A fire in the South African city of Cape Town leaves two people dead and thousands homeless. (Times Live)
- 2015 Russian Sukhoi Su-24 shootdown body of the pilot from the Sukhoi Su-24 jet will be handed over to Russia. (Reuters)
- Paris attacks Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei calls the recent Paris attacks “blind terrorism,” (The Washington Post)
- European migrant crisis Turkey agrees with leaders of the European Union to help stem the flow of migrants to Europe in return for cash and visas (Reuters)
- European migration crisis A mass brawl breaks out in a refugee shelter in Berlin with a hundred police required to restore order. (Daily Star)
- Head-on collision injures one in Rapho Township LancasterOnline A
- Nov 29 Calgary shooting in Whitehorn, tactical team takedown suicide by cop erratic driver at NE hospital
- ‘Threat of Gun Violence’ Against Whites Prompts University of Chicago to Cancel Monday Classes at Hyde Park Campus
- Ted Cruz: Alleged Planned Parenthood Shooter Robert Lewis Dear Is Transgendered Leftist Activist
- 35 Injured as Bus Takes Exit Curve Too Fast Transporting Virginia College Students Overturns NBC News, New York Post
- November 29, 2015 US prosecutors press no charges after St Louis 13yo black boy is shot dead by 60ys black man for stealing
- New Orleans Police investigating shooting after fight on Canal Street
- 3 injured 1 arrested Montreal Canads: Man, 26, arrested after 3 bar workers injured closing-time stabbing
6 head on crashes
- November 28, 2015 Intoxicated DUI driver blamed for head-on Michigan crash, police say MLive.com MECOSTA COUNTY, MI – Police say a driver appeared under the influence of alcohol and drugs after causing a head-on crash Saturday, Nov. 28, on ...
- November 28, 2015 Blaine man dies in head-on crash Bangor Daily News Nathan Smith, 64, of Blaine was killed after his car crossed over the centerline Saturday night in Blaine and struck an oncoming pickup truck head on
- November 28, 2015 Head-on crash shuts part of Rockville Pike Saturday afternoon Washington Post At least one person was seriously injured Saturday afternoon in a head-on collision on one of the Washington region's busiest thoroughfares, ... Head-on collision on Rockville Pike - W*USA 9
- November 28, 2015 3 injured Three injured in aggravated assault distracted by eating head-on crash (WBIR -SEVIER COUNTY) A woman faces a reckless aggravated assault charge after a head-on crash sent three people to the hospital. Tiffany R. Fox was traveling south on Birds Creek Road and was distracted by eating. Officers say she crossed the yellow, center line and hit the oncoming car. charged with reckless aggravated assault, failure to maintain lane, due care, not wearing a seat belt and improper use of a child restraint device.
- Nov 28 2 killed Louisiana: Two Dead in St. Landry Parish Head-on Crash KLFY A two vehicle crash on LA Hwy 167 north of LA Hwy 103 in St. Landry Parish has claimed the lives of a Ville Platte couple. State police say 87 year old .s Frederick Phillips was driving north on LA Hwy 167 and began to pass a northbound vehicle. At the same time, police say 26 year old Elliot Leblanc of Breaux Bridge was driving south on LA Hwy 167 and was unable to avoid the crash and the vehicles struck head-on.
- November 28, 2015 Deadly head-on crash south of Calgary claims life of woman Calgary Sun One person is dead and three others are in hospital after a head-on crash south of CalgarySaturday evening. Just before 9:30 p.m., emergency van driver in 70s hits and kills woman in car...Woman dead, three injured in head-on collision near Black Diamond -Calgary Herald
- November 28, 2015 Bump by a stranger led to fatal Bourbon Street shooting, witness says -NOLA.com NOPD Investigates Fatal Shooting On Bourbon Street WRNO
- November 28, 2015 Officer killed in Westmoreland County shootout on domestic dispute Police: Suspect in officer's death in New Florence, Westmoreland County, refused to drop rifle Ray Shetler Jr. faces homicide charge in death of Officer Lloyd Reed WTAE Pittsburgh JOE MANDAK Associated Press St. Clair Township Officer Lloyd Reed who was killed in the line of duty last night,” said Wolf. Ray Shetler, 31, of New Florence, was arraigned Monday on one count of criminal homicide in the Saturday night shooting of St. Clair Township Officer Lloyd Reed, 54.girlfriend called 911 around 9 p.m. to report that Shetler had been drinking, bloodied her nose and threatened to kill himself and her... had rifle.. officer Reed shot at Shetler before her boyfriend returned fire, mortally wounding the officer in the left side of his torso, which was not protected by a bulletproof vest. Police Officer Shot, Killed During Call; Suspect in Custody - ABC News St. Clair Police Officer Killed In Westmoreland County Shooting - CBS Local Pennsylvania police officer killed after responding to domestic dispute -CNN
- At least three people are killed in an attack on a United Nations peacekeeping base in Kidal, northern Mali. The jihadist group Ansar Dine claims responsibility.
- Terrorism in Egypt At least four Egyptian police officers are killed in a drive-by shooting in Saqqara, south of Cairo. An Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant affiliate claims responsibility.
- Turkey–PKK conflict Tahir Elçi, a pro-Kurdish lawyer, is shot dead at a press conference in the city of Diyarbakir
- 12+ deaths A slow moving wintry storm system is responsible for more than a dozen deaths in the U.S. states of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. (AP)International relations
- South Korea's Yonhap news agency reports North Korea appears to conduct a submarine-launched ballistic missile test that ended in failure
- European migrant crisis, Macedonian border crisis Macedonia's Army begins erecting a metal fence on its southern border with Greece. Around 250 migrants later clash with Macedonian police on the border. (CNBC), (AP)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree imposing economic sanctions against Turkey over the shooting down of a Russian jet in Syria. (PressTV)
- In Istanbul, police have clashed with people protesting against the killing of a prominent pro-Kurdish lawyer in southeastern Turkey. (PressTV)
- Anti-war activists have held a rally in London to oppose Britain's plans to join the US-led coalition in Syria. (PressTV)
- Macedonian security forces have shot tear gas at stone-throwing refugees on the country’s southern border with Greece. (PressTV)
- Obama says U.S. has to 'do something' about guns after Colorado shooting
- Nov 28, 2015, arrest 29 Suspect arrested in connection with shooting death of Pennsylvania police officer
- Nov 28 update Source: Suspect spoke of 'baby parts' after Planned Parenthood shooting
- Nov 28 Police: Father charged after flees scene after his 6yr child Ja'Mecca Smith shot and killed
- nov 28 shooting Bump by a stranger led to fatal New Orleans Bourbon Street shooting
- Cleveland: Owner dead, suspect injured arrested after robbery, shooting at Parma gas station
- nov 27, 28 Automated voice bomb threat causes Walmart evacuations across US NY, LA, ID WY, NY, Maine
- 1 killed CHESAPEAKE, Va. Person killed in shooting near Greenbrier
- One black suspect arrested in New Orleans Bunny Friend Park mass shooting
Daily Misfortune Friday, November 27, 2015 ---
- 1 killed several injured : Clashes between police and Papua New Guinea Defence Force soldiers.
- Bamako hotel attack Malian forces arrest two men linked to a cell phone found attack scene
- 2 killed Israel Two Palestinian drivers shot trying to drive their vehicles into groups of Israeli soldiers in two separate attacks in the occupied West bank. toll since October 19 Israelis, one U.S. citizen, and 93 Palestinians have died.
- The Israeli cabinet authorizes the Israeli Army to close the village of Beir Ummar to search
- Piracy Off Nigeria Pirates attack a Polish-owned cargo ship kidnapping its captain and four crew.
- 21 killed Nigeria suicide-bomb attack on a Shia Muslim procession in Nigeria' Kano state
- Australian bushfire 87 homes have been lost two lives and hospitalised 90 with five people in a critical condition.
- 3 killed Floodwaters in the North Texas area of the United States claim at least three lives on Thursday and today with another person missing. (Dallas Morning News)
- Su-24 shootdown Turkey warns Russia not to "play with fire" and says Russia is supporting the "state terrorism" of the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria
- 3 killed 1 arrested November 27, 2015 Planned Parenthood 2nd mass shooting in a month and , police killing and five-hour stand-off
- Chinese President Xi Jinping announced China’s military will be improved to project force beyond the country’s borders.
- Retreat of glaciers since 1850 Scientific studies confirm more than 90 percent of the world’s glaciers are retreating (Washington Post) (BBC)
- Corey Morgan charged with gang murder helped by 2 accomplices in 'assassination' of Tyshawn Lee, 9
- Laquan McDonald Shooting: Protesters Disrupt Black Friday Shopping in Downtown Chicago
- 1 killed Columbus shooting in Hilliard area; believed to be self inflicted
- 3 killed, 8 wounded in Chicago Thanksgiving weekend shootings
- Deputies: One dead in love triangle husband shooting wife and her boyfriend in Katy TX
- November 27, 2015 Man charged in attack of Ephrata PA hospital security guard Man charged in attack of hospital security guard ...attacked a security guard at WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital charged Christopher Robert Wood on one count of aggravated assault "became aggressive" with hospital staff in the hospital's emergency room Friday afternoon. He then attacked a security officer who was called to the ER to assist with the disturbance
- November 27, 2015 ID Biloxi Mississippi Waffle House Waitress Who Was Killed Over Patron's Cigarette after Thanksgiving ABC News A Mississippi Waffle House waitress who was shot and killed after asking a ... Julia Brightwell of Biloxi was killed with a bullet to the head, Harrison ... Mississippi Waffle House waitress who was shot and killed after asking a customer not to smoke was a 52-year-old who spent some of her final moments asking patrons how they enjoyed their Thanksgiving,..Julia Brightwell of Biloxi was killed with a bullet to the head... Johnny Max Mount was jailed Biloxi police charged him with first-degree murder,... shot Brightwell early Friday after she asked him not to smoke
Nov. 27 Sacramento, CA 2 2
Nov. 27 Colorado Springs, CO 3 9
Daily Misfortune Thursday, November 26, 2015 --- Thanksgiving
- One hurt, one in custody after shooting in Lakewood Ohio
- Former Mass police officer accused of faking shootout, making hoax bomb threat
- Thanksgiving morning shooting Portsmouth VA leaves one person dead
- 2 wounded in Thanksgiving shooting in West Perrine FL
- Stearns sheriff: Stabbing injures Cold Spring MN man St.
- Two dead in apparent Acworth GA shooting
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict (2015) The Palestinian Ministry of Health says a 21 year-old man has died in clashes with Israeli Army soldiers. (AP)
- British Prime Minister David Cameron UK military airstrikes against ISIL in Syria will serve only to make the UK safer
- 2015 Brussels lockdown, Paris attack aftermath Belgian authorities reduce the threat level in Brussels from its highest level of four to three.
- A suspicious powder feared to be anthrax found at a Brussels mosque, close to the European Union headquarters, is a flour false alarm.
- Islamist insurgency in West Africa At least 18 people are killed and over 100 homes torched after Boko Haram militants attacked a village Niger southern Diffa Region.
- At least 15 people are killed after a Russian Mi-8 transport helicopter carrying oil workers crashes in eastern Siberia
- At least eleven people have died and 70 injured after two buses carrying tourism workers collide in the eastern Dominican Republic. (AP)International relations
- Pope Francis' 2015 visit to Africa Pope Francis condemns the way young people have been "radicalized in the name of religion
Nov. 26 Boston, MA 1 3
Daily Misfortune Wednesday, November 25, 2015 ---
- November 25, 2015 Arabs throw rocks at bus near Wadi Ara Israel
- November 25, 2015 Homeless man arrested in California encampment had arsenal of 2 machine guns and 4 handguns: police
- November 25, 2015 Springfield Missouri police say officer shot, killed man on parole trying to take his gun in mobile home domestic argument
- Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir Insurgents attack an Indian Army base in northern Kashmir. At least three attackers are killed.
- Russia will deploy its S-400 defense missile system at their Syria airbase
- 7 killed Several trucks are left burning at a rebel-run border crossing on the Syrian-Turkish border after a Russian airstrike hit what was reported to be an aid convoy
- Balochistan conflict Unidentified gunmen abduct 22 passengers from a coach in Kandasool near the city of Pasni. (Daily Times)
- Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claim responsibility for yesterday's attack on Tunisia's presidential guard in Tunis that killed 14 people. (AP)
- Germany will deploy up to 650 troops to Mali
- Yemen United Arab Emirates has recruited several hundred Central and South American mercenaries to fight the Houthis in Yemen.
- Paris attacks The French Senate votes fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
- War in Afghanistan American personnel are suspended for an airstrike on a Doctors without Borders hospital
- 2 killed 2015–16 Australian bushfire season in Wasleys
- Pope Francis baby girl with an apparently incurable illness, who was kissed by Pope Francis brain tumor has shrunk significantly.
- Russia–Ukraine gas disputes Russia's Gazprom halts gas supplies to Ukraine until the Ukrainian government pays in advance Ukraine bans all Russian planes from using its airspace. (BBC)
- Russia's crackdown on Muslims is fueling their exodus to Syria ISIS.
- The U.S. Treasury Department sanctions Syrian businessman middleman" for oil purchases by the Syrian government from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
- Former world cruiserweight boxing champion O'Neil Bell is shot to death in a robbery in the American city of Atlanta, Georgia. (Daily Mail)
Daily Misfortune Tuesday, November 24, 2015 ---
- Western Washington University canceled all classes today because of hate speech on social media targeting black students.
- Iranian Hackers Attack State Dept. Officials Through Social Media
- Police: Suspect flees traffic stop, shoots Pennsylvania State Trooper , hits school bus in Philadelphia
- Nov 24 Bomb blast in central Athens damages Cypriot Embassy
- Nov 24 IS militants claim drive car bomb into hotel gunman suicide bomb attack that killed seven in Egypt's Sinai
- Nov 24 Bangkok bomb: Thai court charges China Uighurs two over Erawan blast but not for terrorism
- Hostages taken in northern French town: police source, motive unclear
- nov 24 Police: Student stabbed inside Baltimore high school
- Teenage Islamist 'poster girl' who fled Austria to join ISIS 'is beaten to death by the terror group after trying to escape from Syria' Samra Kesinovic
- 12 dead Explosion on a bus carrying Tunisian Presidential Guard personnel in Tunisia's capital Tunis
- 2015 Russian Sukhoi Su-24 shootdown Turkish F-16 fighter jets shoot down a Russian Sukhoi Su-24 aircraft that had allegedly infringed its airspace near the Syrian border.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin says there will be “serious consequences” for Russia–Turkey relations following Turkey's actions, and describes the incident as a "stab in the back
- A Russian military helicopter is destroyed on the ground by a U.S. TOW missile used by Syrian rebels
- Libyan Civil War (2014–present) A car-bomb kills five guards at a checkpoint east of the Libyan capital,
- Sweden will introduce tighter border controls expects up to 190,000 asylum seekers is untenable"
- Germany starts deporting unsuccessful asylum seekers to the Balkans.
- Chicago, Illinois police officer Jason VanDyke is charged with first-degree murder for the October shooting death of Laquan McDonald, a black teenager high on PCP with a knife
- Antonio Costa, the leader of the Socialist Party, is named as the Prime Minister of Portugal. (Reuters)
- Echoing criticisms of the U.S. intelligence community in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Derek Harvey, a former U.S. intelligence official, says that the U.S. intelligence community is failing in its assessments of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.as intelligence analysts were instructed to give favorable spin on nti-ISIL efforts.
- AL QAEDA AGENT CONNECT TO PAKISTAN-TERROR-TRAINED ZAZI CONVICTED IN SHOPPING MALL PLOT GETS 40 YEARS
- 2 ARRESTED IN SHOOTING OF 5 BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTERS IN MINNEAPOLIS .
- Explosion at Yasukuni WWII Shrine in Japan Does Minor Damage Toilet
- Seattle: overturned semi blocking SR 167 ramp, leaking fuel
- Seattle: Kamiak HS locked down after sound of firecrackers in stairwell
- Pro-ISIS messages painted on rock at Ohio Youngstown State University
- Suspect arrested in deadly Columbus Ohio parking lot stabbing
- 1 dead, 3 others wounded in SW Houston apartment disturbance shooting
- House explosion “shakes town” Ashley Indiana, kills one
- Suspect arrested in New Orleans med student shooting caught on video
- 'Clock Not A Bomb Kid' Ahmed Mohamed, family suing Texas city, school for $15 million
- Media and Russia Still Protect Snowden and Telegram Developer Durov: Privacy More Important Than Threat of Terrorism
- Shooting Injures 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters; 3 Masked White Presumed Racist Suspects At Large
- 11 killed one month Violent October: 620 Terror Attacks in Israel in Just One Month Left 11 Dead, Including Two Americans Zero terrorist attacks in USA
- November 23, 2015 1 killed Wis. Police Officer Killed by Errant Pickup Crosses Center in Head-On Collision
- November 23, 2015 1 killed MOJAVE DESERT: Baker head-on crash into RV camper killed San Bernardino woman
- November 23, 2015 1 killed 1 injured Police identify victims in weather speed fatal head-on Michigan crash
- [deliberate or accident?]November 23, 2015 Yonkers police chase: 46-year-old woman killed by teen suspects breaking parking meters head-on crash in stolen van critical
- November 23, 2015 November 30, 2015 update Teenager Accused and Shot in Israel Stabbing Attack With Scissors Claims Self Defense Plans to File Complaint Unjust Shooting
Nov. 23 Minneapolis, MN 0 5
Nov. 23 Columbus, OH 4 1
Nov. 23 Houston, TX 1 3
Nov. 23 Conway, SC 0 4
- 2 killed, 1 seriously injured in Minneapolis MN Seward neighborhood shooting
- 5 injured after drive-by shooting after argument on Seattle Capitol Hill
- 2 Brothers Dead After Shooting Near Playground at East Los Angeles Park
- Officials: Shooting, fire on Reno's Grove Street could be linked
- Sixteen (16) people are wounded in a playground mass shooting staged as a gunfight between two groups a New Orleans at a block party and filming of a music video after 2nd line parade
- 3 killed 28 hurt 2015 Nepal fuel crisis Nepalese police open fire on groups, who were protesting the new constitution proposals by blockading a highway.
- Russian special forces kill 10 ISIS-linked militants in a counter-terrorist operation in a mountainous region near the city of Nalchik in Russia’s North Caucasus.
- 2015 Brussels lockdown entire city of Brussels Belguimi remains on the highest state of alert; concern a new, Paris-style mass attack may be imminent. 16 more arrests in anti-terror raids.
- Iraq (Islamic State) militants counter-attack in Iraq's Saladin province
- Hpakant jade mine disaster in Myanmar deaths rise to about 100 people, with up to 200 others missing. as villagers were digging for jade in a mountain of displaced earth.
- A Turkish Airlines plane flying from New York City (U.S.) to Istanbul, Turkey, is diverted to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada by hoax bomb threat
- Ballarat stabbing: Ty Ranger charged over stabbing of five-year-old girl The Age A man with cerebral palsy has been charged with attempted murder and child stealing after the stabbing of five-year-old Madison Hastings outside a Ballarat unit on Sunday.
- Shooting in North Little Rock Arkasnsas leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
Nov. 22 Newburgh, NY 0 5
Nov. 22 Seattle, WA 0 5
Nov. 22 Chicago, IL 0 4
Nov. 22 Brownsville, TX 0 4
Nov. 22 New Orleans, LA 0 17
- 2015 Brussels lockdown Belgium raises its terror alert level to the highest level in the capital Brussels and deploys soldiers on the streets of major Belgian cities such as Brussels, Antwerpand Ghent. As part of the emergency measures, the Belgian government is advising people in the Brussels area to avoid crowded places, which includes concerts, train stations, airports, public transportation, and busy shopping streets, warning of an "imminent threat". (France 24) (BNO News) The Brussels Metro is closed as part of the state of alert. (Reuters via Daily Mail)
- Ahmet Dahmani is detained by Turkish police in the resort of Antalya on suspicion of being an ISIL scout ahead of the Paris attacks. (Sky News)
- 2015 Bamako hotel attack Olivier Salgado, a spokesman for the U.N. mission in Mali, says at least 19 people were killed in the attack along with two of the attackers. Earlier reports indicated that 27 people died. (CNN)
- Ukrainian crisis Crimea is without power after transmission towers in Ukraine's Kherson Oblast were blown up by unknown people. The Crimean Emergencies Ministry declares astate of emergency due to the power outage and puts rescue teams on high alert. (RT)
- Boko Haram insurgency A suicide bomb attack in Fotokol, a town in Cameroon's Far North Region near the Nigerian border kills at least nine people. (Daily Mail)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (2015) A Palestinian terrorist stabs four people, including a 13-year-old girl, in the southern Israeli town of Kiryat Gat; he flees and evades police for five hours before being arrested. (Times of Israel)
- British singer Adele's album 25 is released. (Billboard)
- Muslim cleric Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, the head of al-Azhar in Egypt, says violence has no link to authentic Islam, terrorism is a life philosophy whose adherents were willing to die and is an intellectual and psychological disease that uses religion as a front. (Reuters)
- Seven people, including the pilot, are killed in a helicopter crash on Fox Glacier in New Zealand. (stuff.co.nz)
- A fire in a coal mine in China's northeast Heilongjiang province results in 21 deaths and one person missing. (AP)
- Hpakant jade mine disaster A landslide near a jade mine in northern Myanmar kills up to 60 people with more than a hundred missing. (AP via ABC News America)
- A student, whose disappearance with a gun caused the precautionary closing of Washington College in Maryland (U.S.) this week, is found dead in Pennsylvania of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The campus will reopen after Thanksgiving. (Washington Post) (Washington College)
Daily Misfortune Friday, November 20, 2015 ---
- Islamic State Tactics Shift, Borrowing From al Qaeda, likely directed other large attacks
- West's Dilemma: How to Fight Islamic State If Obama says it is not war against a state
- US-led coalition hits ISIS with 20 airstrikes in Iraq, no strikes in Syria
- Lebanon makes arrests, seizes explosives after ISIS attacks in Beirut
- At least 6 killed by bombings near Iraq Shiite mosque after Friday prayers
- Israeli spy Pollard released from US prison
- 15 soldiers, 19 Al-Qaeda militants killed: ISIS claims Al Qaeda Yemen attacks on army
- Chinese security forces kill 28 Uyghur Islamist militants linked to deadly coal mine attack
- November 2015 Mali hotel attack Islamist militants in cooperation with Al Qaeda took 170 hostages and killed 19 of them in a mass shooting at the Radisson Blu hotel
- November 2015 Paris attacks three people died in the Saint-Denis raid
- ISIS video threatens attacks on the White House in the U.S., monuments in France, U.S. President Obama, and French Francois Hollande
- Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, and Slovenia shut their borders to so called economic migrants
- North Korea–South Korea relations North Korea and South Korea agree to hold talks next week.
- Sweden questions Iraqi terrorist suspect Moder Mothama Magid accused of planning to launch a terror attack on the Swedish capital Stockholm.
- Titusville Florida Airport Shooting contractor and police dog stabbed
- Some Paris attackers, including the mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud, exploited the Syrian refugee crisis to slip into the country unnoticed.
- Utah school asks students to draw up ISIS recruiting posters and flags
shooting Nov. 20 Pittsburgh, PA 1 3
Daily Misfortune Thursday, November 19, 2015 ---
- 2 killed 1 wounded Two Israelis killed by Palestinian in Tel Aviv office shopping building synagogue stabbing
- 3 killed 4 injured Gush Etzion Palestinian Shooting and Vehicle Attack
- January 12, 2015 shooting, 2 police charged Nov 19, 2015 charges Canada two New Brunswick police officers charged in man who pinned officer with his car shooting death
- A cop's worst fear: Being targeted for doing your job - LA Times
- 2015 Sarajevo shooting Suspected Islamist Enes Omeragić screaming Allahu Akbar shoots two soldiers in the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina before committing suicide with explosives.
- November 2015 Paris attacks Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected mastermind of last weeks Paris attacks, was killed in yesterday's raid in Saint-Denis
- 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference A mass rally due to be held on 29 November 2015 in Paris on the eve of climate change talks is called off due to the threat of terrorism
- 1 killed Nov 19, 2015 Officer Ricardo 'Ricky' Galvez:5-year veteran of the Downey Police Department was shot and killed
- Nov 19 update April 17, 1984 Arrest Made in 1984 Shooting of U.K. Constable Yvonne Fletcher at Libya Embassy
- update: Ex-reservist, a child rape suspect, stole 16 Army guns from Worcester MA, found with his jail bail GPS bracelet
- Obama says Syrian refugees are no bigger threat to U.S. than 'tourists' - Washington Times
- Politico Exonerates, Blames Snowden for Paris terror attacks
- Georgia Southern Student Fired From Job After Criticizing Black Lives Matter Mob
- 2 Jamar Clark protesters accused of spray-painting police building arrested during protest in Minneapolis
Daily Misfortune Wednesday, November 18, 2015 ---
- 2 killed November 2015 Paris attacks two suspectsincluding a female suicide bomber, and eight are arrested in a raid by French police in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis
- 1 killed Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the ringleader of the Paris terrorist attacks, is killed during the Saint-Denis police raid, officials confirm.
- Russian media link bomb to blast near tail as Islamic State shows off soda can bomb
- 2 killed Islamic State has killed a Chinese hostage and a Norwegian hostage.
- 1 injured by 3 terrorists In France, 3 Islamic State supporters stabbed a 56-year-old French Jew and history teacher in Marseille, France.
- Polish Anti-Refugee Demonstrators Burn Effigies of Orthodox Jews at Protest
- 1 killed Malaysian Prime Minister condemns Phillipine-based Abu Sayyaf's beheading of a Malaysian man.
- 15 killed Boko Haram Twin-suicide bombing by two females aged 11 and 18 of a mobile phone market in the northern Nigerian city of Kano. (BBC)
- 6,664 killed Associated Press reports that Boko Haram was the world's deadliest terrorist organisation in 2014 responsible for 6,664 deaths as compared to 6,073 forIslamic State in Iraq and the Levant. (BBC)
- Syrian Civil War Russian Air Force has destroyed around 500 fuel tanker vehicles used by ISIS and other extremist groups for transporting illegal oil
- 2 killed Two Bosnian Army soldiers are shot dead by a [terrorist?] gunman inside a betting shop near their army barracks in the Bosnian capital, Sarajevo. The gunman committed suicide after police surrounded his house. (Reuters)
- Islamic State video suggests New York City is a target of attacks.
- The United States warns travelers in Italy that churches, synagogues, restaurants, theaters and hotels, have been identified as "potential targets" for terrorist attacks.
- Airport workers at seven of the busiest U.S. hubs plan to strike tonight and Thursday over bad wages and threats against unionizing.
- 2015–16 UK and Ireland windstorm season Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney. (Independent Ireland)
- 4 killed 2015–16 Australian bushfire season Four people, including three German backpackers, are confirmed dead from bushfires burning out of control.
- An explosion at a steelworks plant in Cardiff, South Wales leaves two people dead and five injured. (BBC)
- Sweden's terror threat level is raised to 'high' for the first time in history, as national security service Säpo says that police are hunting a suspected terrorist.(Local)
- Washington College, on the U.S. Delmarva Peninsula, closes and high school on alert for an upset student who stole his parent's gun
- Police in the Democratic Republic of the Congo fire teargas at students protesting increases in school fees in the capital Kinshasa, The students had started throwing stones.
- Republican Tennessee lawmaker suggests activating the Tennessee National Guard to 'round up' Syrian refugees and remove them
- November 18, 2015 Protesters angry at killing unarmed black man lob rocks, bottles and chemical spray at Minneapolis officers
- Nov 18 Suspect in fatal Nampa Idaho stabbing arrested
- 2 off-duty NYPD detectives apprehend Hollywood Walk of Fame kitchen knife stabbing Russian tourist suspect
- 1 killed suspect unknown Los Angeles: Police officer found dead in police HQ parking lot
- 1 killed suspect arrested November 18, 2015 Charges: Murder Suicide Try St. Paul intentional crash mom Shwe Htoo poisoned, then suffocated baby
- November 18, 2015 Five Syrians probably not terrorists Headed to U.S. with Stolen Passports Arrested in Honduras
- November 18, 2015 Protestors surround police precinct after shooting of Jamar Clark Shooting of Jamar Clark
- November 18, 2015 update: Bangladesh: Three arrested following murder of blogger Niloy
- November 18, 2015 Driver arrested after fatally striking pedestrian in NYC
- November 18, 2015 Man arrested in connection with death of Devils Lake man
- November 18, 2015 At least 66 men and women linked with ISIS-related terror plots on American soil have been arrested and charged with crimes
- November 18, 2015 Police union: Jamar Clark went for cop's gun, wasn't cuffed Shooting of Jamar Clark
mass shooting Nov. 18 Fresno, CA 5 0
- Female Polish passenger on British Airways flight from Heathrow to Boston is restrained after trying to force open exit door
- Revealed: Number of people killed by terrorists worldwide soars by 80% in just a year
- UK: 15yo boy charged over airline bomb hoaxes, cyber-attacks
- nov 17 Buffalo Police report triple drive by shooting on E. Ferry Street
- Report: German stadium evacuated after false reports of ambulance filled with explosives found
- Jacob Marberger missing student who is believed to be armed has caused lockdowns at Washington College, his former high school and host of other schools in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Metrojet Flight 9268 Russia's Federal Security Service announces that the plane was destroyed by a bomb.
- Russian military intervention in the Syrian Civil War The Russian military launches cruise missile strikes from the Mediterranean on ISIS positions in Al-Raqqah
- Boko Haram insurgency A blast at a market in the northeastern Nigerian city of Yola, kills at least 32 people and wounds 80 others. (Reuters)
- Two Air France flights bound for Paris from the United States are diverted for several hours on following anonymous bomb threats.(Reuters)
- In the Pacific Northwest United States,windstorm with gusts as high as 119 mph kills 4 people and leaves more than 1 million without electricity
- 2015-16 Australian bushfire season Bushfires burning near Esperance on the coast of Western Australia may have killed four people.
- The Israeli government outlaws Islamic Movement in Israel leader accused of funding Hamas, contacting an Iranian agent, assaulting a police officer, and leading a violent protest.
- Refugees of the Syrian Civil War The president of the Czech Republic, Miloš Zeman, marks the 26th anniversary of the Velvet Revolution by attending an anti-Islam rally in Prague
Daily Misfortune Monday, November 16, 2015 ---
- nov 16 Man killed in early-morning Durham NC shooting
- 1 killed, 2 injured in shooting inside Bridgeview Illinois home.
- The mastermind of terror: Officials say Paris massacres were planned by Belgian Abdelhamid Abaaoud
- nov 16 Man fatally shot at Millersburg, Oregon, home
- Washington College Maryland on Lockdown After Gun Threat Posted On Yik Yak
- Portland police investigate shooting, stabbing in Old Port Portland Maine
- Oct 31 false report Nov 16 Girl, 16, charged with false report about razor found in Halloween gum
- ISIS Claims Lone Wolf Not Terrorist Attack in Jordan By Insider That Had Just Quit That Killed Two Americans
- Police Take Female Suspect of DC Mental Health Crisis Shooter Situation Into Custody
- Harvard University evacuates buildings after bomb threat
- nov 16 Man killed in early-morning Durham NC shooting
- 1 killed, 2 injured in shooting inside Bridgeview Illinois home
Nov. 16 Round Mt., AL 3 1
Nov. 16 Youngstown, OH 1 5
Daily Misfortune Sunday, November 15, 2015 ---Daily Misfortune Saturday, November 14, 2015 ---
Nov. 15 Philadelphia, PA 0 4
Nov. 15 Anderson Co., TX 6 0
- November 15, 2015 Cops: Woman found dead after shooting man and his daughter in Bridgeview home
- November 15, 2015 Oakland: Second night of car stunt sideshow activity leads to fatal police shooting man pointing gun
- November 15, 2015 15 Sudanese migrants killed, 8 injured by Egypt forces while trying to cross into Israel
- November 15, 2015 Weapons stolen from Massachussetts Army Reserve
- November 2015 Paris attacksattacker Ismael Omar Mostefai born and raised in the Paris suburbs.three jihadist cells, apparently multinational teams staged coordinated attacks at bars two of the suicide attackers are both French nationals living in Belgium
- November 15, 2015 Turkey–ISIL conflict Turkish police detain seven ISIS-linked suspects in simultaneous operations in Ankara. (Daily Sabah)
- 2015 Beirut bombings, Spillover of the Syrian Civil War Lebanon arrests nine people including seven Syrians over the recent Beirut bombings that killed at least 44 people. (Al Jazeera)
- Syrian Civil War France-led coalition intervention against ISIL France launches a series of airstrikes on Raqqa, the Islamic State's de facto capital in Syria, destroying a jihadi training camp and a munitions dump.(AP)
- American-led intervention in Syria A government official says the United States made a fresh delivery of ammunition to Syrian Arab Coalition fighters battling Islamic State in northern Syria, pushing ahead with a strategy that initially unnerved ally Turkey. (Reuters)
- European migrant crisis Swedish police increase checks of asylum facilities in the country's southwest amid reports refugees are leaving to avoid being registered by immigration officials. (AP)
- Vehicle blast in Hellertown PA ruled an free-air fuel explosion accident
Nov. 15 Philadelphia, PA 0 4
Nov. 15 Anderson Co., TX 6 0
- November 2015 Paris attacks updates
- Military intervention against ISIL, A U.S. airstrike on a compound in the Libyan port city of Derna i
- Persecution of Yazidis by ISIL Kurdish Peshmerga forces discover a mass grave believed to contain the remains of more than 70 members of Iraq's Yazidi minority,
- Eckwersheim derailment Ten people are dead and eleven injured after a high-speed TGV train catches fire and derails near the northeastern French city ofStrasbourg. (Independent) (BBC)
- Four people are killed after a light aircraft crashes near the village of Churchstanton in Somerset. (BBC)
- Police in South Korea fire tear gas and water cannons at 70,0000 anti-government protesters in Seoul
- Off-duty Baltimore officer shoots stabbing suspect at DC Union Station
- 1 killed 1 arrested Nov 14 Boy, 16, dies after street fight stabbing on Australia Gold Coast street
- 5 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed as Cease-Fire Offenses Rise
- Westside stabbing and Westport shooting mark Baltimore's 300th and 301st homicides
- November 14, 2015 Mother Of Five Dead, Two Others Injured In Reidsville NC
- November 14, 2015 Victim's father: Suspect in Cobb teen's stabbing death is a relative
- November 14, 2015 Man hiding in Australia Gold Coast roof arrested following alleged fatal stabbing of teen
- November 14, 2015 Police: Georgia teen stabbed, killed cousin
- 2 killed 2015 Cary train crash November 14, 2015 Freight train collides with a Toyota Camry
- November 14, 2015 Bernie Sanders: Yes, Climate Change Is Still Our Biggest Security Threat
- November 14, 2015 Florida man who 'set his father on fire' turns himself in
- November 14, 2015 Tyler Morning Telegraph - Pennsylvania woman arrested for drunken driving crashes twice in 1 day attacks parked car and garage
mass shootings killed hurt
Nov. 14 Los Angeles, CA 3 2
Nov. 14 Johnstown, PA 0 5
- Palestinian kills 2 Israelis in West Bank shooting attack
- Germany football squad return to Paris hotel after bomb threat evacuation
- CAR EXPLODES UNKNOWN REASON, 5 VEHICLES CATCH FIRE AT CHICAGO'S NEW ROGERS PARK PARKING GARAGE NO FOUL PLAY
- At least 2 children reported dead in charter school bus crash unknown reasons burst into inferno in Warden, South Africa
- Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant The United States conducts airstrikes targeting Kuwaiti-British militant Jihadi John.
- Iraqi Civil War Kurdish Peshmerga forces backed by U.S. airstrikes seize control of Sinjar in northern Iraq from Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
- 26 killed Multiple bombings in Baghdad targeting Iraqi Shiites kills at least 26 people. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility.(AP via Yahoo)
- November 2015 Paris attacks at least 26 dead in a restaurant in the 10th arrondissement and an explosion near the Stade de France. 100 people are dead in the Bataclan concert
- 2015 Beirut bombings A day of mourning is held in Lebanon following two suicide attacks in the capital Beirut which killed at least 43 people. (Al Jazeera)
- Cairo, Egyptian security forces kill Aly Ashraf Hassanein al Gharabli, an ISIL-linked militant who masterminded the murder of Apache Corporation worker William Henderson in Egypt
- At least 22 people are killed this week in a string of raids on villages in the Central African Republic.
- The bodies of eight babies are found wrapped in towels and inside plastic bags in an apartment in the town of Wallenfels in Germany's state ofBavariaTimes) vehicles and knocking over nearby construction scaffolding.
- At least 18 people are injured, four critically, after a San Francisco (U.S.) double-decker tour bus loses control and crashes in traffic
- At least four people are dead and 33 injured in a landslide China's Zhejiang province. (CRI)
- U.S. diplomats, amid growing international concern the violence could spiral into an ethnic conflict, push for peace talks in Burundi.
- European migrant crisis German Chancellor Angela Merkel asserts she still isn't prepared to name an upper limit to the number of refugees who can come to Germany,
- Oxfam's Belgrade Center for Human Rights reports migrants coming through Bulgaria have faced beatings, threats and other abuses by police
- Metrojet Flight 9268 Russia bans incoming flights by Egypt's state-owned airline, EgyptAir, two weeks after an apparent terrorist bomb downed a Russian jet in the Sinai. (Reuters)
- Police in the Dominican Republic raid a mansion owned by 30-year-old Francisco Flores de Freites, one of the two nephews of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro facing charges
- November 13, 2015 1 dead, others injured in Bakersfield natural gas explosion
- November 13, 2015 Iraq: Suicide Bomb and Road Blast Kill 26 in Baghdad
- November 13, 2015 Chicago man accused of shooting the mother of his children
- November 13, 2015 1 threat 1 arrested Police arrest suspect in Hopewell VA Courthouse bomb threat
- November 13, 2015 Amok Unexplained San Francisco Tour Bus Driver Crash Leaves 4 in Critical Condition
- 3 killed 2 wounded suspect suicide November 13, 2015 Los Angeles Barstow: suspect in deadly daylong shooting rampage kills himself when police attempt arrest
- November 13, 2015 Tanner Rix sentenced for shooting girlfriend Angel Linderman in car
- November 13, 2015 Infant twins among 4 killed by mother's boyfriend convicted abuse in Jacksonville Florida domestic murder suicide shooting
- Kurdish forces, backed by U.S. airstrikes, capture several villages in an offensive to retake the Iraqi town of Sinjar from Islamic State militants,
- 43 killed 239 wounded 2015 Beirut bombings:two, simultaneous suicide bomb blasts hit a Shi'ite community center and a nearby bakery in the Beirut suburb of Bourj el-Barajneh,
- French-American Florent Groberg receives the Medal of Honor, becoming the first foreign-born Medal of Honor recipient of the War in Afghanistan. (CNN)
- Two nephews of Venezuelan First Lady are indicted in New York for conspiring to smuggle cocaine into the United States.
- More than a dozen alleged ISIS-linked, terrorists arrested in a coordinated, multi-nation sweep by police across Europe.
- Birmingham LA officer injured, 1 dead responding cop hits car in crash
- March 24, 2015 stabbing Wife gets 20-year sentence in murder of Bay Area orthotic company's founder Phillip Vasyli
- An Adult on Campus [Protests]president of Purdue University. Proud of "strengthened policies protecting free speech" in contrast to Missouri and Yale
- Fire breaks out at former Seattle Times building
- Police arrest Puyallup WA suspect they say fled, fired shots after Costco crash
- Drone hits the Seattle Great Wheel A drone careened off the Seattle Great Wheel into a plastic table on the patio of neighboring Fisherman’s Restaurant.
- Nov 12, 2015 Knife intifada staged as angry rapist? Sunnyvale CA police investigating fatal officer-involved shooting after man with knife charged at them
- Nov 12 Person of interest sought in fatal shooting of 16-year old girl pulled trigger herself inside Bronx apartment
- Victim Drives Self to Hospital Stabbing in Student Fight Outside Lincoln Tech school in Northeast Philadelphia
- Woman killed in head-on crash with car cross median unknown reason in Oak Brook Illinois
- No injuries, no arrests November 12, 2015 Black Lives Matter Dartmouth library protesters verbally terrorize white students
Daily Misfortune Wednesday, November 11, 2015 ---
- San Jose: Officer shoots at intruder armed with assault rifle
- White Man, 19, arrested for allegedly making online threat to 'shoot every black person I see' at University of Missouri following racial tensions on campus
- [2nd Student Connor Stottlemyre] Allegedly Made Terrorist Threats in Missouri
- November 4, 2015 Nov 11 warrant Nashville Cops Hunt Teen Over Councilman Loniel Greene Shooting
- Gunman killed trying to shoot at San Francisco St. Luke’s Hospital
- Big Rig "Accidentally" Loses Control Unknown Reasons Smashes Into Los Altos Home No Charges
- Driver Crashes Into 9 parked Cars, Injures Woman While Trying to Evade Police in Richmond CA
- Islamist Cleric Abu Usama al Masri head IS Sinai suspected in Sinai Russian plane crash
- 1 killed Police ID man killed in apparently argument gunfight shooting at W. Shreveport LA motel
- Palestinians were wounded by Israeli live fire during a search-and-arrest operation, which was met by stone throwing in Qalandiya Refugee Camp[4
- Seattle: Fatal crash pickup unknown reasons steers and crashes into sided of semi tanker
- Driver suspected of fleeing scene of fatal crash in Bellevue wa arrested
- Man shot outside Lakewood WA casino
- Israeli Air Force conducts an airstrike near Damascus International Airport, in Syria target weapons shipment reportedly intended for Lebanese terrorist organization Hezbollah
- 5 killed Turkish security forces backed up by tanks and combat helicopters launch a large-scale operation against PKK militants in the mainly Kurdish town of Silvan
- Afghanistan holding beheaded bodies of seven ethnic Hazara, thousands of demonstrators urging the government to take action against the rising violence against Afghan civilians.
- Metrojet Flight 9268 resort Sharm el-Sheikh 80% of reservations cancelled and at least 40% of the tourists leaving the resort since the crash.
- Sweden is imposing temporary border controls to stem a record inflow of refugees.
- Three aircraft struck by a laser coming from the same direction at Dallas's Love Field,
- November 11, 2015 Wife of former Louisiana Upstate youth pastor found shot at home after armed robbery
- November 11, 2015 20 ISIS elements killed, wounded in coalition strike west of Mosul
- November 11, 2015 Police officer shot, suspect killed in exchange of gunfire
- November 11, 2015 2-year-old killed in accidental shooting in Jackson GA
- November 11, 2015 Elon University football player killed in fall at UNC Chapel Hill NC
- November 11, 2015 1 Dead In Head-On Crash In Olmsted Co MN
- November 11, 2015 UTexas police seek suspect in overnight stabbing on the Drag
- November 11, 2015 Massachusetts State Trooper hurt by errant wrong way elderly driver in head-on crash
- November 11, 2015 26-year-old man Jeffrey Keo killed in Long Beach; gang suspect arrested
- November 11, 2015 shooting 1 killed 1 arrested Suspect related to neighbor caring for baby arrested in death of Monte Jones 9-month-old Atlanta boy
- mass shootings:
Daily Misfortune Tuesday, November 10, 2015 ---
Daily Misfortune Sunday, November 8, 2015 ---
Israel: 5 battles
Daily Misfortune Tuesday, November 3, 2015 ---
Daily Misfortune Monday, November 2, 2015 ---
- 1,800 evacuated after hoax bomb alert at Munich area Microsoft HQ
- 3 stabbing attacks 1 suspect shot 1 arrested 11 and 14 Year-Old Palestinian Child Terrorist Stabbing Israeli Guard
- Nov 9 abuse, Nov 10 firing Mizzou Faculty Votes to Revoke Appointment of Activist Prof Melissa Click Abuses Asian Reporter
- Nov 10 Neighbor Reacts to Pipe Bomb Found Under Car West Omaha NE
- Nov 10 Lake Carolina resident will not face charges for shooting, killing suspect
- Nov 10 Two charged in fatal St. Petersburg FL shooting
- Nov 10 threats Rumors and Yik Yak racial threats stoke fear on Mizzou campus
- November 10 Melissa Click Assistant Professor Resigns After Journalist Attack on Mizzou campus
- November 10, 2015 Search Underway After Jeffrey Keo Killed in Long Beach; Father IDs Victim
- Egypt announces the death of a senior figure in the Islamic State’s “Sinai province.” Ashraf Ali Hassanein al Gharabli, killed in a Cairo shootout with police
- Syrian Army troops break an Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant siege of the Kweires airbase in the Aleppo Governorate.
- Syria A mortar attack on the coastal city of Latakia kills at least 23 and injures 65. (UPI)
- All nine people aboard a Hawker H25 business jet are killed after the plane crashes into an apartment complex in the American city of Akron, Ohio
- The FBI foils an alleged plot by white supremacists in Virginia who were planning a reign of terror for the "coming race war."
2015.11.10 (Madikeri, India) - A farmer's skull is crushed from a rock thrown by angry Muslims during a an anti-Hindu riot. ROP
2015.11.10 (Latakia, Syria) - Sunnis send rockets into an area near a university, sending sixty-five to the hospital and twenty-three to the morgue. ROP
Daily Misfortune Monday, November 9, 2015 ---
- Amman Jordan shooting attack Jordanian policeman shoots dead two American instructors and a South African before being killed at a police training centre outside Amman.
- Boko Haram insurgency The government of Chad declares a state of emergency in the Lake Chad area a day after a double suicide bombing that has killed two people. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- In the U.S., University of Missouri System president Tim Wolfe announces his resignation after mounting criticism of his handling of racial issues. (ESPN)
- Detainees at Australia's Christmas Island Immigration Reception and Processing Centre riot, following the death of an asylum seeker. (The Australian)
- NJ Mom Found Burned, Bound in Bridgewater, Mass ID'd
- Nov 9 1 dead after officer-involved shooting at car driven at him at Spartanburg Methodist College, 2nd suspect attends Limestone College
- Nov 9 Man dies after stabbing in west London Guardian Man dies after stabbing in west London. during rush hour in West Ruislip
- 1 Dead, 2 Wounded In Morning Shooting at Fight Near Penn Station McDonalds
- Human Rights Watch more than 400,000 Syrian refugee children in Turkey are not able to attend school
- Detainees at Australia's Christmas Island Immigration Reception and Processing Centre riot, following the death of an Iranian asylum seeker found at bottom of cliff. (The Australian)
- In the United States, the University of Virginia fraternity that was the subject of a Rolling Stone article about a brutal campus rape, filed a $25 million defamation lawsuit
- The U.S. Court of Appeals upholds a lower court’s injunction that blocks implementation of an Executive order to shield from deportation millions of undocumented immigrants
- update November 9, 2015 Gunman rejected by girl, family silent, role of praising Allah on checklist murky after Merced campus stabbing attack
- Blade of jihad: Extremists embrace the knife as tool of terror
- November 9, 2015, Nov 10 firing Mizzou Faculty Votes to Revoke Appointment of Activist Prof Melissa Click Abuses Asian Reporter
- November 9, 2015 ANOTHER “Palestinian” Muslima attempts to stab Israeli security guard at checkpoint
- November 9, 2015 Temple police car catches fire as another topples gas pump
- In Fotokol, Cameroon At least three others are killed when female suicide bombers attack a rival mosque (rop)
- 1 injured 2 killed, suspect suicide by cop November 9, 2015 San Jose: Woman killed by former renter killed by police after hostage standoff
- Watchdog lists ‘Ten Top American Universities Most Friendly to Terrorists’ JNS
- November 9, 2015 3 killed suspect sought 3 Men Found Inside Torched SUV In Orange County CA; Suspect At Large
- November 9, 2015 1 killed 1 arrested Glendale Man To Be Arraigned On Murder Charge In Deadly Los Angeles CA Metro Bus Stabbing Over Argument Case
- November 9, 2015 Los Angeles CA: Man Described As Transient Attacking People Killed In OIS Police Shooting In Northridge after beanbag and taser failed
- mass shooting Nov. 9 Indianapolis, IN 2 killed 2 hurt
Daily Misfortune Sunday, November 8, 2015 ---
- nov 8 Man Arrested in West Sacramento Double Stabbing
- Nov 8 San Deigo: brother and sister killed in Southcrest shooting .
- Nov 8, 2015 At Least 4 Killed and 14 Injured when flaming pickup rear ends, bursts into flames, and crosses wrong way into loaded church van in Maryland
- Nov 8 Officers arrested in shooting death of 6-year-old boy in Louisiana
- November 8, 2015 'Blue Alert' for maroon Nissan Pathfinder linked to shooting of Denver Commerce City Police Officer by stopped driver
- At least nine people are killed after gunmen attack a bar in Burundi's capital, Bujumbura. (Voice of America)
- Boko Haram insurgency Two suicide bomb attacks in Ngouboua, a remote village near Lake Chad, kill three people, including the bombers, and injure four others
- Syrian Armed Forces and the Islamic State clash in eastern Syria's Deir ez-Zor province result in the deaths of 58 militants.
- University of Missouri supports football boycotting team activities until the president of the University of Missouri System, Tim Wolfe, is removed for response to racism
- Hamtramck, Michigan, will apparently be the first city in the United States to be governed by Muslims "helped bring stability, security and sobriety"
- A Canadian Pacific Railway train carrying crude oil derails in Wisconsin;
- Hossam Bahgat, an investigative reporter for the independent Egyptian news website Mada Masr is detained and is interrogated on charges of publishing false news
- World Bank reports climate change could drive more than 100 million people into poverty by 2030 largely due to difficulties producing crops. (Time) (CNBC) (World Bank Report)
- November 8, 2015 Popular song in Ramallah:”I’m coming towards you, my enemy with knives,
- November 8, 2015 beyond 3 attacks there were numerous rock-throwing and firebombing attacks on Jewish motorists in Judea and Samaria.
- November 8, 2015 3 Attacks alleged terrorist attacks in Israel:
- November 8, 2015 A 48-year-old Israeli was stabbed in his car near the settlement of Alfei Menashe,
- November 8, 2015 4 injured 2 serious Four Israelis hurt in West Bank car-ramming into bus stop,
- Nov 8, 2015 Palestinian woman shot after pulling a knife out of her purse to stab Israeli security guard
- PressTV Yemen’s Ansarullah fighters and their allied army units have "liberated" a district in the province of Dali’ after heavy clashes with former regime loyalists.
- PressTV Yemeni fighters targeted a Saudi warship in waters off the southern province of Ta’izz.
- PressTV Tunisians organized by Tunisia’s Islamic party, Ennahda rallied to show solidarity with Palestinians amid rising Israeli aggression [against alleged stabbers]
- November 8, 2015 PressTV President of the European Parliament visiting Iran describes Iran as stabilizing force (???) in a volatile region. Martin Schulz
- November 8, 2015 PressTV Almost a thousand protesters have staged an (pressTV sponsored?) anti-government rally outside a UK Immigration Removal Center.
- November 8, 2015 PressTV Hundreds of Burundians have fled their homes ahead of a promised government crackdown as Burundians must hand over their illegal firearms
2015.11.08 (Rasani, Afghanistan) - Two women and a child are among seven civilians kidnapped and beheaded by ISIS.(rop)
2015.11.08 (Ngouboua, Chad) - Two female suicide bombers murder three refugees at a fishing village. (rop)
|ov. 8||Des Moines, IA||1||3|
|Nov. 8||Warren, MI||0||4|
Daily Misfortune Saturday, November 7, 2015 ---
2015.11.07 (Quetta, Pakistan) - Two Hazara religious minorities are sprayed with bullets by Ahle Sunnat wal Jamaat members. (rop)
- Syrian Civil War Islamic State militants released 37 Syrian Christians, mostly women from Assyrian minority group abducted in February.
- The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says the death toll from an airstrike on an IS-controlled eastern city near the border with Iraqrose from 25 to 71. (AP)
- Iraqi Civil War (2014–present) Bombs in and around Baghdad kill at least nine people, police and medical sources say. There is no immediate claim of responsibility.
- European migrant crisis The Greek coast guard and the European Union border agency Frontex, in six separate operations, rescue a total of 383 migrants attempting to sail from Turkey to the eastern Greek islands. (AP)
- A manhunt is underway for a gunman who shot and seriously wounded presiding Travis County, Texas State District Judge Julie Kocurek in West Austin, Texas Nov 6
- In Louisiana, United States, two law enforcement officers are arrested and charged with homicide of a six-year-old and attempted homicide of his father.
- Pakistan Air Force kills at least 15 militants in northern region RT
- 9 killed 15 wounded 3 Bombings around Baghdad RT
- Maldives vice president arrested in connection to explosion on president's speedboat
- Police: Mother, special needs child dead in apparent murder-suicide at children’s hospital in Arizona
- Israel: Palestinian was shot in the leg with a live round east of Bureij Refugee Camp when groups of Gazans marched towards the border and threw stones at Israeli forces
2015.11.07 (Quetta, Pakistan) - Two Hazara religious minorities are sprayed with bullets by Ahle Sunnat wal Jamaat members. (rop)
Israel: 5 battles
- 2 killed 3 wounded November 6, 2015 Palestinian woman, 72, killed after suspected car attack in West Bank
- 2 injured two Israelis shot near the Cave of the Patriarchs, a shrine holy to Muslims and Jews in the city of Hebron
- 1 injured Israeli stabbed outside the Jewish settlement of Beit El
- 1 killed Palestinian man died in clashes with the IDF on the Gaza border.
- 3 injured 3 Palestinians shot by the Israeli live weapon in the clashes in a refugee camp in Bethlehem
- Syrian War Inspectors identify mustard gas in Islamic State (IS) insurgents and an anti-Assad rebel group on August 21, 2015
- Syrian War The Ajnad al-Sham and other rebel forces recapture the village of Atshan and surrounding areas in Hama province,
- Minas Gerais dam disaster Thursday's flooding and devastating mudslides at the BHP-Vale mine in Minas Gerais involved two dams
- 4 ships sunk Indonesia–Philippines relations Indonesia and the Philippines discuss their borders after the Indonesian Navy sinks four Filipino fishing vessels
Crime and Terrorism - just as many attacks as Israel.
- Friday November 6, 2015 Manhunt underway after Texas district judge ambushed outside home
- 4 Injured in Tallahassee FL Shooting (no motive)
- 1 killed 3 injured Racial slurs lead to house party shooting at Bayaud Ave in Denver CO
- deliberate crash, officer involved shooting, suspect arrested November 6, 2015 DUI Suspect Stacey Ann Bunsey Rams Stolen Infiniti SUV Into Oklahoma Cops
- November 6, 2015 1 killed 1 facing charges Mayo medical student killed (murdered?) in two-car hit and run crash in SE Rochester; charges expected against repeat driver
- November 6, 2015 Black man Shakoor Arline shot and slain making out in SUV in Philadelphia Fairmount Park may be crime of rival passion
- Mass shooting in Bakersfield, CA 4 injured
- November 5, 2015 University of California, Merced stabbing attacker identified as muslim but not a terrorist
- Syrian Civil War Canadian national, John Robert Gallagher, has died while fighting in Syria. against Islamic State militants
- Syrian rebels seize control of Murak, a town located north of the city of Hama
- Russian military intervention in the Syrian Civil War Russia sends antiaircraft missile systems to Syria, where more than 50 Russian aircraft are stationed
- British Prime Minister David Cameron, under pressure from Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn will not ask for a vote by Parliament to join the U.S. airstrikes in Syria.
- The President of the Maldives, Abdulla Yameen, declares a state of emergency suspending civil rights and giving sweeping powers to security forces.
- Anti-US Montana activist William Krisstofer Wolf convicted of buying gun for ‘revolution’
- Nov 1 threat Nov 5 update: Person Responsible For 4chan ASU Shooting Threat Is A 12-Year-Old Canadian Kid
- Nov 5, 2014 ONTARIO CA: San Bernardino officer killed in broadsided crash; drunken driving through red light suspect ID'd
- Nov 5, 2015 Nothing suspicious found after bomb threat reported near Pier 11 at Naval Station Norfolk VA
- Nov 5 shooting Soldier wanted in Lakewood WA 2 car theft attempts, shooting at car surrenders to police
- Nov 5, 2015 House fire, explosion in south Denver likely pot-related, officials say
- Police Kill Hammer-Wielding St Louis County Man Who Allegedly Attacked Family LAKESHIRE, Mo.
- 5 injured 1 suspect killed UC Merced stabbing spree
- Officials: Fox Lake cop killed self fearing audit would expose stealing from Explorers youth group
- Russian plane crash 'caused by explosion, black box analysis suggests
- 1 dead in shooting at Playhouse Gentlemen's Club strip club in West Park FL
- 41 killed 2015 Juba plane crash A cargo plane crashes shortly after takeoff from Juba International Airport in Juba, South Sudan.
- James Tran arrested in California stabbing of French train hero
- Gunman that stopped airliner landings surrenders at San Diego complex; no injuries reported
- November 4, 2015 Raleigh Sizemore Shoots Kentucky Cop
- November 4, 2015 14-Year-Old Arrested in Stabbing Death of Teen Sister in Claremont CA
- November 4, 2015 Coastal Carolina University student killed in shooting
- 1 in custody, bomb threat November 4, 2015 Naked Erratic Driver Arrested in Rochester MN After MSP Bomb Threat
|Nov. 4||Oakland, ME||4||0 mass shooting|
Daily Misfortune Tuesday, November 3, 2015 ---
- 2014–15 India–Pakistan border skirmishes At least two Indian soldiers are killed after Pakistani forces opened fire along the de-facto border that divides Kashmir
- Syrian Civil War Russian military intervention in the Syrian Civil War The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports Russia conducted multiple airstrikes on ISIS-held Palmyra.
- Russia's Defence Ministry says the Russian Air Force has bombed 2,804 "militant targets" in Syria so far since beginning its military intervention in September. (The Daily Star)
- ISIS claims responsibility for the deaths of two Syrian refugee activists who fled to Sanliurfa, Turkey,
- At least seven people are dead and 35 others are injured as a bus overturns near Tula, Russia. (RT)
- At least 30 people are killed and 35 injured after an overcrowded bus carrying passengers inside and on its roof veered off a mountain road in northwest Nepal. (USA Today)
- New General National Congress (Libya Dawn) threatens to send 'hundreds of thousands' of refugees to Europe unless the European Union recognizes the Islamist-led government
- Territorial disputes in the South China Sea, Japan–Vietnam relations Japan has delivered two more ships to Vietnam that will be refurbished into patrol boats.
- November 3, 2015 At least 10 killed in Pakistan building collapse
- November 3, 2015 Adacia Chambers Charged in Oklahoma State University Parade Crash That Killed 4
- November 3, 2015 Indianapolis food delivery driver shot, killed during robbery
- November 3, 2015 Man gets 5 years in prison for explosion near Colorado Springs NAACP office
- November 3, 2015 University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Investigates Online Threat
- November 3, 2015 Police: Teen girl killed in Nashville TN after verbal dispute
- November 3, 2015 2 dead, 9 wounded in Chicago shootings Tuesday
- November 3, 2015 PBS Reports on Assassination of Vietnamese Journalists in America
- November 3, 2015 WEAPONS CACHE Found Hidden at Swedish Migrant Center
- November 3, 2015 Shooting near Edgefield County Road SC Walmart ruled accidental
- November 3, 2015 34-year-old Jewish man STABBED in Brooklyn by “masked man”
- November 3, 2015 Fatal police shooting of 6-year-old Louisiana boy when father tries to run over cops
|Nov. 3||Jacksonville, FL shooting||1||3|
|Nov. 3||Harris County, TX||2||2|
- Kentucky KSPatrol Investigating Road Rage Shooting On I-65
- November 2, 2015 Murder Trial Starts in South By Southwest Fatal Crash Case
- Arizona State University: College Shooting Threat Posted Online Anonymously
- Virginia man Severance found guilty on ten counts for three high-profile revenge murders spread over more than a decade
- Fresno State football player Christian Malik Pryor arrested, linked to threat on social media of campus gunfire
- 2015 Nepal fuel crisis Nepali police shoot dead an Indian citizen at a border checkpoint as they attempt to clear protesters whose blockade has crippled Nepal's fuel supplie
- War in Somalia (2009–present) At least 15 Somalia army soldiers are killed in an Al-Shabaab ambush near the town of Wanlaweyn in the Lower Shebelle region. (AP)
- hacking group Anonymous starts releasing names and information about alleged members of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK),
- China's government-owned Comac launches the Comac C919 airliner as part of its efforts to challenge Boeing and Airbus. (CNN)
- National Transportation Safety Board confirms wreckage is the cargo ship SSEl Faro that sank during Hurricane Joaquin on October 1. (NBC News)
- Planes have been left stranded at airports throughout the United Kingdom as the "Great Fog" descends.
- Kogalymavia Flight 9268 U.S. intelligence analysts conclude the Russian plane was not brought down by surface-to-air missile.
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Stabbing Suspect Youth near Jenin, Death Toll Hits 74
- Transgender Woman Armed With Hatchet Steals Handbag From SF Bloomingdale’s
- 12 killed War in Somalia Islamist al-Shabaab militants attack a hotel in Mogadishu
- 50 killed Islamic State fighters seize control of Mahin, a town in Syria's central Homs province, following clashes with government forces
- 1 killed Israel: Palestinian shot dead in attempted stabbing Israeli army claims Jaradat stabbed an Israeli before being shot and killed.
- 3 injured November 1, 2015 same area, a driver rammed and injured three Israeli paramilitary border policemen with his car before fleeing the scene.
- Since the beginning of October, nine Israelis, 67 Palestinians and an Arab Israeli have been killed in this wave of violence. (AFP via Yahoo.)
- Israel is refusing to return the bodies of Palestinians killed during this month-old surge of violence unless the Palestinian side agrees to keep their funerals "modest."(Reuters)
- An Israel Defense Forces inquiry concludes the death of a Palestinian woman at a checkpoint in Hebron last month was unnecessary, finding the teenager could have been detained and not killed. (Haaretz)
- The United States Navy sends a remotely operated underwater craft to investigate a wreck which they believe is the remains of the SS El Farowhich disappeared on October 1 near the Bahamas during Hurricane Joaquin with 33 people on board. (CNN)
- Kogalymavia Flight 9268 Airlines including Emirates, Lufthansa and Air France refuse to fly over the Sinai Peninsula until the cause of the crash is known. (AP via ABC News America) Russian air transport chief Alexander Neradko says Flight 9268 broke apart at high altitude and scattered plane parts over a wide swath ofEgyptian desert. Neradko added it was too soon to determine what caused Saturday's horrific crash. (USA Today) Russia observes a nationwide day of mourning for victims of the plane crash in Egypt. (AP via Fox News)
- Colectiv nightclub fire Three other victims of the nightclub fire die at hospital, bringing the death toll to 30. (Mediafax)
- November 1, 2015 1 killed 1 wounded college shooting School shootings in the United States A campus shooting at around 1:20 AM at Lot W, near Wilson Hall and Gleason-Hairston Terrace, at the Main Campus of Winston-Salem State University, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, kills at least one person and wounds at least one- the two are believed to be students; the suspected gunman, Jarrett Jerome Moore, is not believed to be a student, and is believed to be still at large. (CNN, via MSN),(University note), (Winston-Salem Journal)
- November 1, 2015 Attacks on secularists in Bangladesh Teachers, writers and students lead a protest rally in Dhaka against the recent killings and attacks on secular authors and publishers inBangladesh. (AFP via Straits Times)
- Pilot dies after plane crashes into the sea during air show in Brazil
- November 1, 2015 1 dead, 1 hurt in Winston-Salem State University shooting
- November 1, 2015 Two teenage girls killed in crash off Highway 4 in Contra Costa County
- November 1, 2015 One injured in Aurora Colorado bar shooting early Sunday
- November 1, 2015 Police identify man killed in Omaha bar shooting
- November 1, 2015 CMU student from Macomb killed in hit-and-run crash
- 1 killed 1 injured November 1, 2015 Pittsburgh PA Boy killed, another injured in Mt. Oliver knock on door shooting attack
- update Witnesses: Colorado Springs gunman 'calmly' killed three at random in broad daylight Fox News COLORADO SPR
- 1 critical 1 arrested Marlin, Texas, [black ]Police Chief Darrell Allen Shot in Head; [black] Suspect in Custody - NBC News
- November 1, 2015 Russian plane crash: Video claiming ISIS missile shot down
- November 1, 2015 Driver sought in Baltimore police chase crash that killed 1-year-old boy
- 6 injured suspect sought Hit-and-run collision in Everett WA sends 6 people to the hospital
- 1 bomb thrown Confederate flag supporter throws bomb at Mississippi Walmart after threatening Facebook post
- 4 killed no suspects November 1, 2015 4 dead in Anderson County SC shooting at home, unsolved no leads