Friday August 3, 2018 Missing Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj Leads To New Mexico Extremist Compound Sheriffs in Amalia New Mexico searching for a boy missing from Georgia arrested two men from Atlanta Siraj Wahhaj and brother-in-law Lucas Morton Lucas Morten who were “extremists of the Muslim belief.” (1). (6) Abdul-Ghani’s mother reported her son missing after Wahhaj took the boy, who turned 4 to the park in Clayton County, Ga., and didn't return, (8) The boy was encephalopathic, the Clayton News Daily reported in December, suffered from seizures, could not walk and needed emergency medication that his father did not have.(4) Siraj Wahhaj was accused of kidnapping his 3-year-old son Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj from Georgia in December. The boy's mother believes he was going to perform an exorcism on the boy, because he believed the child was possessed by the devil. (9) Police alerts for the boy and his father, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, went out in multiple states. (4)
Wahhaj is the son of a prolific imam of same name Siraj Wahhaj from New York City (6) Some of the children at the compound are believed to belong to Sirag and his wife, Jany Leveille, who was also arrested (6) The boy was not found and still missing (2) (5) Siraj was found inside the compound with an AR-15 rifle, five 30-round magazines and four loaded pistols. (3) Police found a heavily armed compound housing 11 starving children 2 men and 3 mothers. They had been searching for 3-year-old boy, Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, who went missing from Clayton County, Ga., in December and was believed to be in the area. The compound had been observed for two months, but they could not find probable cause to storm the place until they intercepted a message to Georgia pleading for food and water. Authorities only saw a few potatoes and a box of rice. (8) The compound was built on remote stretch of road where a travel trailer was buried in the dirt, ringed with a wall of tires and earthen berms and covered it in clear plastic (4) with no water, plumbing and electricity(7) Prosecutors believe the five suspects were abusing 11 children and were training them to commit school shootings (12)
Siraj Wahhaj is the son of the Brooklyn imam of Masjid At-Taqwa in Bedford-Stuyvesant Hujrah and Subhanah are the elder Wahhaj’s daughters. Morton is married to Sabhanah, and Leveille is the younger Wahhaj’s wife. The imam elder Siraj Wahhaj — born Jeffrey Kearse was a rising star in American Islam, in 1991 the first Muslim ever to lead a prayer before the House of Representatives and hosted with other notables at a State Department banquet of lamb, lentils and saffron rice to break the Ramadan fast. (10) He later was controversial when he was mentioned as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. He also was a character witness in the trial of convicted terror plotter Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman. (9)
- (1) Cops discover 11 starving kids at filthy compound in search for boy New York Post
- (2) Cops discover 11 starving kids at filthy compound in search for boy New York Post .Police arrested two men, Siraj Wahhaj and Lucas Morten, Wahhaj was collared on an outstanding arrest warrant from Georgia alleging child abduction.
- (3) Cops discover 11 starving kids at filthy compound in search for boy New York Post
- (4) New Mexico sheriff: 11 kids rescued from armed 'extremists' at Amalia ...
11 kids rescued from armed ‘extremists’ at buried compound, New Mexico sheriff says The children lived inside a trailer buried under New Mexico ... been written from someone in the compound: “We are starving and need food nine months earlier and nearly 1,500 miles east — in Jonesboro, Ga., where a mother told police that her husband had taken little Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj to a park and never returned. ... Wahhaj lived underground with his abducted son, an alleged accomplice named Lucas Morten, three unnamed women, 11 other children, (4)
- (5) Boy still missing after father's arrest at 'third-world'-like compound usa today
- (6) New Mexico: 11 children rescued from “filthy” ISLAMIC COMPOUND armed with Muslim ‘extremists,’ MOTHERS ARRESTED, cops say geller report August 6, 2018 AG, who is his son with another woman in Georgia, was not at the compound other rescued children belong to his sisters, Hujrah and Subhanah Wahaj charges against the five adults range from child abduction to child abuse and harboring a fugitive no terror related offence but police described Wahhaj as ‘extremist of the Muslim belief’
- (7) 11children found living in filth on New Mexico compound - NBC News
- (8) Moms arrested after 11 children found in 'filthy' New Mexico compound with armed Muslim 'extremists,' cops say Fox News Aug 6, 2018 New Mexico compound believed to have Islamic extremist ties decided Thursday to get a search warrant immediately after a Georgia investigator intercepted forwarded a message to Georgia in which someone at the compound reportedly told another person that people at the compound were starving and needed water. “The message sent to a third party simply said in part, ‘We are starving and need food and water,’” investigators believe the boy was at the compound in recent weeks. no food at the compound and the children had terrible personal hygiene, police said
- (9) Sickos busted for abusing kids at compound linked to controversial imam
New York Post · Aug 7, 2018 Siraj Wahhaj, 40; Lucas Morton, 40; Jany Leveille, 35; Hujrah Wahhaj, 38; and Subhanah Wahhaj, 35, were arrested and charged with 11 counts of felony child abuse for keeping the kids, ages 1 to 15, in squalid conditions at a compound made of garbage in the New Mexico desert.
- (10) One Imam Traces the Path Of Islam in Black America - WSJ
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB106694267937278700Oct 24, 2003
- (11) Remains of boy found buried on 'extremist Muslims' New Mexico compound where 11 starving children were rescued as it's revealed landlord... Searchers have found the remains of a boy on the property where authorities raided a makeshift compound last week in search of a missing... Land owner Jason Badger said he had spent months trying to evict the group Searchers have found the remains of a boy on the property where authorities raided a makeshift compound last week in search of a missing Georgia child. not yet identified as missing boy Jason Badger said Tuesday that he had concerns about the makeshift compound near the Colorado border. But he says the courts and other authorities shot down his attempts to break up the encampment - described as a trailer buried in the ground. Court records show a judge dismissed an eviction notice filed by Badger against Lucas Morton in June. Neighbor Tyler Anderson, of Amalia, also said on Tuesday he had helped the group install solar panels after they settled on Jason Badger's land in December Wahhaj siblings are the children of the Imam Siraj Wahhaj, 68, who is the leader of the Muslim Alliance of North America. missing together since at least January
- (12) New Mexico compound suspects were training children for school ... https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/us/new-mexico-compound-complaint-school-shooting/index.html CNN August 8, 2018
Amalia, New Mexico wikipedia
Pictured: Chilling mugshots of three mothers arrested at New Mexico ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Pictured-Chilling-mugshots-three-mothers-arrested-New-Mexic...23 hours ago - He is a brother two of the women and is married to Leveille. ... Jany Leveille, who also goes by the name Maryam, was also arrested for child. five adults and their 12 children have been missing from Alabama since January
Siraj's three-year-old disabled son with another woman is still missing
Police say he wanted to perform an exorcism on the boy who he believed was possessed Wahhaj siblings are the children of the Imam Siraj Wahhaj, 68, who is the leader of the Muslim Alliance of North America.
Siraj Wahhaj - Wikipedia
Siraj Wahhaj (born Jeffrey Kearse (Arabic: سراج وهاج), March 11, 1950) is an African-American imam of Al-Taqwa mosque in Brooklyn, New York and the leader of The Muslim Alliance in North America (MANA). He was also the former vice president of Islamic Society of North America.
Wahhaj was born as Jeffrey Kearse and raised in Brooklyn. His mother was a nurse and his father a hospital dietitian. His brother is writer and editor Gregory S. Kearse of Silver Spring, Maryland. He went to church religiously and went on to become a Sunday school teacher as a teenager in a Baptist church.
In 1969 he ended his schooling and joined the Nation of Islam, changing his name to Jeffrey12x. During this time he was vocal in his belief that “white people are devils." He said of this, “I preached it. I taught it.”
When Elijah Muhammed died in 1975, "His teachings began to unravel in my mind", and he became a Sunni Muslim with the encouragement of Muhammad's son Warith Deen Mohammed. Mohammed took over and reorganized the Nation of Islam, urging members to come to orthodox Islam. Kearse then changed his name again to Siraj Wahhaj, which means "bright light" in Arabic. He was chosen to study Islam at the Umm al-Qura university of Mecca for a period of four months in 1978.
Siraj Wahhaj leads the daily prayers and performs the Friday sermon at Masjid at-Taqwa. He also conducts full days of teaching in Islamic studies, Arabic and marital counselling.
In 1988 he led his community in an anti-drug patrol in which they staked out drug houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant in the cold of winter for 40 days and nights, forcing the closure of 15 drug houses. This effort received high praise from the New York City Police Department and the media.
In 1991, he became the first Muslim to offer an invocation (opening prayer) at the United States House of Representatives.
Views on governance and the punishment of certain crimes
Wahhaj has made statements in support of Islamic laws over liberal democracy. He also supports capital punishments such as stoning for adultery and cutting off of hands for thievery. He has said: "Islam is better than democracy. Allah will cause his deen [Islam as a complete way of life], Islam to prevail over every kind of system, and you know what? It will happen."
He has also said: "If Allah says 100 strikes, 100 strikes it is. If Allah says cut off their hand, you cut off their hand. If Allah says stone them to death, through the Prophet Muhammad, then you stone them to death, because it’s the obedience of Allah and his messenger—nothing personal."[when?]
1993 World Trade Center bombing
Wahhaj was one of 170 people identified by US Attorney Mary Jo White in 1995 as "unindicted persons who may be alleged as co-conspirators" in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, but was never charged, and denies any involvement with the bombing.
Wahhaj was a defence witness at the trial of the Blind Sheikh, Omar Abdel-Rahman, the former leader of the Egyptian terrorist organization, Gama'a al-Islamiyya.
In November 2009, Wahhaj was one of many Muslim leaders who met with New York mayor Michael Bloomberg at City Hall. Wahhaj said that he hoped all Americans would eventually become Muslim and also referred to the FBI and CIA as the "real terrorists".
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Samory Rashid, Black Muslims in the US: History, Politics, and the Struggle of a Community, p 120. ISBN 1137337516
- Jump up^ Michael Wolfe, Taking Back Islam: American Muslims Reclaim Their Faith, p 139. ISBN 1579549888
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Wahhaj, Siraj". The Muslim 500. The Muslim 500. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Paul M. Barrett (2007-02-16). American Islam. Washington Post. Retrieved on 2009-11-08.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Dulong, Jessica,The Imam of Bedford-Stuyvesant, May/June 2005, volume 56, number 3. Retrieved November 15, 2009.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Marci Reaven, Steve Zeitlin, Hidden New York: A Guide to Places That Matter, p 312. ISBN 0813541247
- Jump up^ "METRO DATELINES; Moslems to Expand Anti-Drug Patrols"The New York Times March 2, 1988
- Jump up^ "Siraj Wahhaj". Peace TV. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Jump up^ Barrett, Paul M. (2007). American Islam: The Struggle for the Soul of a Religion. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. p. Page: 115.
- Jump up^ Barrett, Paul M. (2007). American Islam: The Struggle for the Soul of a Religion. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. p. Page: 114.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Masjid At-Taqwa :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism". Investigativeproject.org. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Goldenberg, Sally (2009-11-12). "1993 World Trade Center bombing co-conspirator, Siraj Wahhaj, meets with Mayor Bloomberg". NYPOST.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Hawley, Chris (2012-02-18). "NYPD monitored Muslim students all over Northeast". Associated Press. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
Someone (a Siraj flunkie?) has repeatedly removed references to homophobic comments in the article, even deleting references to a musical group's song about Wahhaj that criticizes him for the aforementioned comments (so it's not an issue of sourcing). Such highly controlled editing makes it clear that this article is essentially a vanity-style PR piece. waxwing slain 03:59, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Daniel Pipes (danielpipes.org), in the article "The Danger Within: Militant Islam in America" (November 2001), shows another side of Siraj Wahaj --
"A little over a year later, addressing an audience of New Jersey Muslims, the same Wahaj articulated a rather different vision from his mild and moderate invocation in the House. If only Muslims were more clever politically, he told his New Jersey listeners, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate. "If we were united and strong, we'd elect our own emir [leader] and give allegiance to him. . . . [T]ake my word, if 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us." In 1995, Wahaj served as a character witness for Omar Abdel Rahman in the trial that found that blind sheikh guilty of conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States. More alarming still, the U.S. attorney for New York listed Wahaj as one of the "unindicted persons who may be alleged as co-conspirators" in the sheikh's case."
I'm not adding it to the wiki entry but posting it here for further consideration.
From daniel pipes perspective EVERY muslim on planet earth is a militant..
Whoa... It's impressive how one can take a statement where he says that the Muslims in America could have a leader and that unity amongst the Muslims will make the Americans come to the Muslims, and turn it into a call for the abolishment of the constitution.
Let's not have this boil down into an argument. As it is, the article is poorly written and difficult to read. In addition, some of the information looks like it was pulled directly from his site which may be a copyright violation, I am not sure. Either way, I think much of it needs to be rewritten and much can be done to improve the quality of the article, including a section for controversey or opposing views. We should put together a better article on him, drawing from more than just one source and using standard formatting to keep the article organized. MezzoMezzo 13:41, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
I seriously don't see why it says that he has called for an Islamic theocratic state in America. The only "proof" is the quote where he says that the Muslims should unite under one leader (which obviously has nothing to do with the constitution of America). I'll go ahead and remove that statement until someone brings a source.
Imam linked to 1993 WTC bombing to speak at 'Stand With Prophet ...
Jan 12, 2015 - Imam Siraj Wahhaj, a black leader of the Muslim Alliance in North ... co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing — meaning ...
Search continues for missing Jonesboro boy after father's arrest at ...
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/search-continues.../85-580739778 Siraj Ibn Wahhaj was arrested Friday with another Atlanta man, .... the occupants were likely heavily armed and of an extremist Muslim belief.
Metro Atlanta men arrested in New Mexico compound raid - AJC.com
One of the men, Siraj Wahhaj, is accused of abducting his ... most likely heavily armed and considered extremist Muslims,” the release said.
Search continues for missing Jonesboro boy after father's arrest at New Mexico compound
Mysterious lives upended
The Taos News
Eleven children in US rescued from 'extremists' at 'filthy' hideout
Metro Atlanta men arrested in New Mexico compound raid
Search continues for missing Jonesboro boy after father's arrest at ...
Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, who suffers from numerous medical conditions, was allegedly abducted by Siraj Ibn Wahhaj last December. Siraj Ibn ...
New Mexico: Police find 11 starving children in compound - BBC News
Police in the US state of New Mexico have rescued 11 malnourished children who were being kept in squalid conditions in a remote desert ...
Starving children found in compound near New Mexico-Colorado state ...
A message that people were starving, believed to come from someone inside a makeshift compound in rural northern New Mexico, led to the discovery of 11 children living in filthy conditions. Taos County Sheriff's officials said Saturday the children ranging in age from 1 to 15 ...
Officials remove 11 children from New Mexico compound found ...
The children ranging in age from 1 to 15 were removed from the ... Officials remove 11children from New Mexico compound found starving, ...
11 children found living in filth on New Mexico compound - NBC News
Law enforcement in New Mexico searching for a missing child ... reportedly told another person that people at the compound were starving and ...
Message led to discovery of 11 kids in New Mexico compound | 6abc ...
message that people were starving, believed to come from someone inside a makeshift compound in rural northern New Mexico, led to the ...
Man abducted children then trained them to commit mass shooting ...
https://www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas
The suspected child abductor found last week with 11 children and four other adults at a squalid New Mexico compound had trained at least ...
Man at New Mexico Compound Was Allegedly Training Children to ...
Man at New Mexico Compound Was Allegedly Training Children to Commit SchoolShootings. ... Wahhaj’s sisters and two other adults were arrested at the compound, according to CNN.Wahhaj was already facing charges for allegedly abducting his son.
Man found with 11 children on filthy New Mexico compound was ...
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-found-11-children-filthy-mexico...training/story?id...2 days ago - The man who was arrested on a filthy New Mexico compound with 11 abused children wastraining the children to commit school shootings, ...
Man at compound accused of training kids for school attacks - ABC ...
https://abcnews.go.com/.../man-due-court-child-remains-found-mexico-compound-5710...2 days ago - A father arrested at a ramshackle New Mexico compound where 11 ... training youngsters to commit school shootings, prosecutors said in court ...
IMAM: 'FAKE NEWS' MEDIA COVERING SON'S JIHADI COMPOUND
New Mexico raid found children trained to commit school shootings
Published: 21 hours ago
The Brooklyn imam whose son has been accused of training children at a New Mexico compound to commit school shootings contends the incident is being used as propaganda against Muslims, characterizing his son as “high strung” but not a religious extremist.
In a video posted Thursday on Facebook, Siraj Wahhaj of the At-Taqwa mosque insisted it amounted to a domestic situation that has nothing to do with Islam.
Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/08/imam-fake-news-media-covering-sons-jihadi-compound/#3czx37HI3sCJuL0i.99
JUDGE RELEASES MUSLIMS WHO 'TRAINED SCHOOL SHOOTERS'
Notorious imam's son asked brother to 'join him and become a martyr'
A state judge with a history of issuing low bail to violent offenders set a $20,000 bail for five defendants arrested at a remote New Mexico compound where authorities say children were being trained to shoot schoolteachers.
Judge Sarah Backus, an elected Democrat, argued in a Taos, New Mexico, court that while she was concerned by “troubling facts” in the case, prosecutors failed to convince her the five suspects posed specific threats to the community, FoxNews.com reported.
Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/08/judge-releases-muslims-who-trained-school-shooters/#c6yCZlI7gDl4vRzC.99