Saturday August 4, 2018 Armed Bystander Shoots Gunman At Crowded Florida Park Back To School Event An armed vendor lawfully licensed with gun may have prevented a mass shooting when he shot a gunman who opened fire at a back to school cookout event at a public park in Titusville Florida following a fistfight when he left and came back with a gun. (1) The event was the Peace in the City" back-to-school give-away rally. The man who was shot was not identified but was gunman was shot in the head and airlifted to the hospital with critical life-threatening injuries. (7). The agressor shooter appeared to be in his early 20s. A video on Facebook showed the gunman was wearing or had a cloth wrapped about his head as paramedics wheeled him away and a handgun lying on the ground (6) He was shot in the head after he ran toward the crowd and was confronted by the armed vendor. Titusville police have not released his name of either shooter or any information about them. (6) There were more than 150 people including children in the crowd at the "Peace in the City" back-to-school rally. (6) Police arrested the gunman after he was shot by the bystander. The armed bystander waited for and cooperated with officers.(2)
- (1) Florida armed bystander stops gunman at crowded back-to-school event at park Fox News
- (2) Armed bystander shot man who opened fire at a crowded Florida park ABC News
- (3) Bullets flew at a Florida 'Peace in the City' event for kids. An armed Washington Post
- (4) Bystander wounds gunman at Florida back-to-school event, police say Palm Beach Post
- (5) Armed Bystander Thwarts Shooting at Florida Back-to-School Picnic ... National Review
- (6) Gunman at back to school giveaway shooting remains hospitalized Florida Today https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/crime/2018/08/06/gunman-titusville-park-shooting-remains-hospitalized-investigation-ongoing/914529002/
- (7) Florida bystander shoots gunman who opened fire at festival Fairfield Citizen
- (8) Bacon used in hate crime: Man gets 15 years in ... - Florida Today Dec 5, 2017 - A Titusville man who broke into a Titusville mosque and left a slab of raw bacon now faces 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges, ...
- (9) Titusville mosque: Man guilty of vandalism | WFTV | WFTV Dec 5, 2017 - A man accused of breaking into an empty Titusville mosque and damaging property with a machete
- Good guy with gun
- School shooting
- Park shooting
- Children near shooting
- Motive unclear
Bystander's Defensive Shooting of Titusville Shooter Has Nothing to ...
https://reason.com/volokh/2018/08/05/bystanders-defensive-shooting-of-titusvi Florida Today (J.D. Gallop) and Spectrum News 13 have reports (which ... who fired shots, had been involved in a fistfight with another person at the park. ... The unnamed vendor then shot theshooter, whose own shots had, ...