Monthly Misfortune June 2017 ---
List of incidents of terror which could be accidents, crimes, or mental illness rampage or terrorist attacks.
- June 2017 London attacks In the early hours of Sunday morning, explosions are heard around London Bridge, believed to be controlled explosions carried out by the police. (Metro) The death toll from the attacks is seven with at least 48 injured. Officials say that the three attackers were killed by the police. (The Washington Post), (AP) (BBC)
- Syrian Civil War The U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) take control of the Baath Dam on the Euphrates, near the ISIL stronghold of Raqqa, and upon doing so, rename it "Freedom Dam". (Reuters)
- Marawi crisis Citizens remain trapped in Marawi, Philippines, after a ceasefire organised by the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) is broken. Up to 2,000 people remain in need of help after nearly two weeks without food. (Al Jazeera)
- ‘New external threat’ cancels classes again Monday at The Evergreen State College Updated June 5, 2017 The Seattle Times A new threat received by The Evergreen State College in Olympia over the weekend will cancel classes on the campus yet again on Monday, the college announced in a statement late Sunday. All classes during the day and evening are effectively canceled under “suspended operations,” latest in a string that has led Evergreen to shut down classes several times in recent days. Classes were canceled part of Thursday and all of Friday last week. The threats came after hundreds of Evergreen students protested late last month
- Man faces DUI charge after car terror spree hits Ranchmart North Shopping Center in Leawood Kansas Nathaniel Keirsey, 24, was charged in Leawood Municipal Court with driving under the influence and other traffic charges...reports of a car driving through yards.. another crash... police pursued the car for a short distance before it hit a building at the Ranchmart North Shopping Center Man accused of driving through Leawood lawns, leading police on a chase tags: deliberate accident, car hit building, drive through yard
- One person shot in Kansas City on Sunday afternoon 5:30 p.m. in the 6800 block of College Avenue.
- jun 4 After four slayings since August, anxiety stalks trails in south Kansas City Obvious similarities. After Kansas City police chose that term to characterize four killings dating back to August around a south Kansas City trail system, avid users couldn’t help but wonder who might be lurking in the trees. similarities in the victims — all white men between ages 54 and 67, some of whom were killed walking their dogs near the popular trails along Indian Creek, Minor Park and Blue River. A fifth body — that of Chase Hardin, 31 — turned up last week makeshift memorial to Mike Darby, found dead the morning of May 18.
- Reza Aslan Joins Bill Maher, Kathy Griffin In TV-Talent Apology Parade Deadline Hollywood Reza Aslan has joined the pantheon of TV talent apologizing over the past week for various incendiary remarks they’ve made over same period about this and that. …Reza Aslan - Wikipedia. Aslan's family came to the United States from Tehran in 1979, fleeing the Iranian Revolution. He grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. CNN’s Reza Aslan apologizes for using profanity to describe Trump - The Boston Globe has apologized for using profanity while describing President Trump.
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For London Attack That Killed 7, Injured 48 NPR Seven people were killed in London on Saturday night in what police ... Three men used a van and knives in the incident, which also injured 48 people. .... its laws were tightened after a mass shooting of schoolchildren in 1996. Canadian, French citizens among victims killed in London attack - New York Daily News Two French citizens injured in London terror attack - The Independent
London attack: one Canadian and one French citizen among those killed - The Guardian
- Shooting near downtown sends one to hospital Wichita Eagle An afternoon shooting near downtown Wichita left one injured and led to a police pursuit that ended in the Arkansas River on Sunday. Wichita police ...
- 3 Killed, 12 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago CBS Chicago Minutes earlier, another man was killed in a shooting about three blocks west in the same neighborho od, police said. Two men, aged 33 and 34, were ...
- Man, 21, is injured in Old Market shooting that followed a fight Omaha World-Herald Officers determined that the shooting occurred when the men got into a physical confrontation. The 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of ...21-year-old man suffered a minor wound early Sunday when he was shot during a fight in the Old Market.
- mon 5 ‘All clear’ given after police detonate suspicious backpack near KC federal building controlled explosion, police determined the backpack did not contain any explosives.
- NOPD on scene of shooting on S. Liberty Street NOLA.com The New Orleans Police Department is investigating its third shooting on Saturday (June 3) after a person was found shot in the 2100 block of South ... 2 killed, 3 wounded outside Mid-City event space: NOPD - NOLA.com
- sat 1 dead after triple shooting on 63rd KSHB KANSAS CIYT, Mo. - Officials say one person is dead and two are injured after a shooting on the 3100 block of E. 63rd St. According to police, officers ...reported shooting at about 7:45 a.m. Saturday. Officers found one victim dead at the scene and two others were transported to a local hospital. So far there have been at least 53 homicides in 2017. On this date last year there were 41. Kansas City saw an 18-year high in homicides in 2016.Shooting in KC leaves one dead and two critically wounded - Kansas City Star
- 1 dead, 1 injured after head-on collision in Webster Parish KSLA-TV Louisiana State Police are investigating a head-on collision that claimed the life of Minden man Saturday morning. The crash happened around 4:45 ... Head on crash claims life of Minden man - KTBS
- sat Police investigating shooting on Brockton's south side Enterprise News As a peace vigil was taking place around the corner on Main Street, the shooting occurred about 10:45 a.m., behind 20 Grand St., a triple decker located between Montello and Main streets. A resident of the neighborhood told The Enterprise that he heard two or three gunshots around that time.
- jun 3 Police probe underway after boy, 17, stabbed to death outside Tesco Express in south London The Sun POLICE have launched a murder investigation after a teenager was stabbed to death in Peckham, south London. The 17-year-old boy was found .becomes the eighth person killed by knife crime in the capital Britain’s capital has seen a spate of stabbings in the last couple of months. Teenager stabbed to death in south London - The Guardian
- 2 killed, 8 injured in crash on I-75 in Detroit; Road... WDIV Detroit DETROIT - Two people were killed Saturday in a crash involving multiple vehicles on I-75 near Mack Avenue in Detroit, Michigan State Police said.
- Officer shot in hand on South Side wrestle over gun , suspect critically injured: Officials - Chicago Tribune hicago police officer and an armed gunman each suffered a gunshot wound during a scuffle that turned into a shootout Saturday night. As the two struggled to get control of a gun, the officer was shot in the hand
- 20-year-old man killed in Friday night shooting on Milwaukee's north side WTMJ-TV (press release) (registration) (blog) 20-year-old man killed in Friday night shooting on Milwaukee's north side ... Milwaukee police are investigating a fatal north side shooting that left a ...
- Life-threatening injury reported in head-on crash of garbage truck, box truck KOMO News WOODINVILLE, Wash. - A man suffered life-threatening injuries Friday in a head-on collision between a garbage truck and a box truck in Woodinville.
- 17 year-old girl killed in homicide shooting into car on St. Paul's East side Minnesota Public Radio News A 17-year-old girl was shot and killed yesterday evening on St. Paul's east side. 17-year-old girl was shot and killed Friday evening shot in the chest while riding as a passenger in a car n Friday called her death a homicide The fatal shooting happened at Third Street and Van Dyke Street on St. Paul's East Side. - TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
- Vancleave woman killed in head-on collision in Ocean Springs WLOX A head-on crash in Ocean Springs late Friday night has left one person dead and another seriously injured. Police say the collision happened on the ...
- fri A 3-year-old boy was killed crossing the street in Minneapolis GoMN A little boy was killed while crossing the street in Minneapolis this weekend. Minneapolis Police say 3-year-old Hamza Mohoumed Abdillahi was ... getting dropped off on 17th Avenue South at around 8:30 p.m. Friday when he was hit by a car. Adillahi got out of a van parked next to the curb facing northbound, walked behind the vehicle and into the street. He was hit by a sedan traveling northbound.
Raw video: Fatal shooting on 63rd leaves one dead, two critically wounded0:50
GoFundMe project follows road rage shooting that left expectant father dead
Moped rider killed in crash in Horry County
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly crash in Horry County.Around 10:55 Saturday night a car traveling southbound on SC ...
- Wikipedia Current Events Portal
- Wikipedia Terrorist Incidents June 2017
- RT Russia Today Daily Headlines
- PressTV News in Brief - June. 4, 2017
- Daily Mail UK
- Wall Street Journal Daybreak
- snewsi crimes
- Gun Violence Archive Mass Shootings
- Democracy Now http://www.democracynow.org/2017/1/4/headlines
- Mass shooting Tracker 2017
- Killed by Police (anti-police propaganda site)
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, June 2017
- ODMP Officer Down Memorial Page
- List of American police officers killed in the line of duty Wikipedia
- List of violent incidents in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, June–June 2017
- Mass shooting Tracker 2017
- List of violent incidents in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, 2017
- Religion justified attacks
- List of traffic collisions
- TheWeek Daily Briefing