- anti-Israel activist
- anti-Islamophobia activist
- Palestine Justice activist
- Protestant minister
- President of the North Carolina NAACP
- Terrorism apologist
- Transgender activist
- Chapel Hill shooting of Muslim students as terrorist Misdiagnosis of Terrorism
- Daily Kos Building Bridges:Rev. William Barber II Fighting for Justice & Against Militarism president of the North Carolina NAACP, a member of the
- Common Dreams (pro-muslim) 'We Are Movement, Not a Moment': North Carolina Peaceful Uprising The people are awake now, and we have decided to stand up," state NAACP chapter president Rev. William Barber told the crowd Monday.
- Democratic National Committee: powerful speech by Rev. William Barber III, president of the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP at the Democratic convention last summer – is likely to continue.
- Drone war on terror critic: Misdiagnosis of Terrorism San Bernardino was terrorism. So are drone attacks on civilian homes in Afghanistan.
- Electronic Intifada: (anti-American anti-Israel pro-Palestine) Fighting for Palestinian rights in the Trump era Dissent from the party’s staunch pro-Israel line powerful speech by Rev. William Barber III, president of the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP at the Democratic convention last summer – is likely to continue.
- Extremist: People that believe that women's rooms should only be for women are "extremists" Rev. William Barber: The NAACP Will Boycott North Carolina SB 4, the law that was passed last December after extremists lost, that ... NAACP “The actions of the all white caucus of extremists in our legislature and the former Governor are out of control...
- Hillary Clinton NC's Rev. William Barber at DNC: Be 'the moral defibrillators called on Americans to “embrace” Hillary Clinton Thursday night
- Huffington Post (liberal) Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II author
- Immigrant apologist:
- Iran Daily: FBI to investigate death of black teen in North Carolina - Iran Daily Dec 14, 2014 - Rev. William Barber, the president of the North Carolina National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), which was ...
- Islam apologist: Misdiagnosis of Terrorism But we must be clear about the roots of terror. We cannot misdiagnose the malignancy of terror. It’s not Islam. And it’s certainly not foreign
- Israel: Misdiagnosis anti-Israel some of us only protest when Palestinian groups target children and civilians..say nothing when Israel does the same, while refusing to negotiate Palestinian statehood.
- Jesus is Palestinian DNC Speaker Rev. William Barber Claims Jesus Is A Palestinian What one doesn't expect is for Rev. William Barber to be wrong about Jesus. ... Where theNAACP activist/Minister went off the rails was his ...
- Muslim apologist: Misdiagnosis of Terrorism racist, fear-mongering agenda against the president, against immigrants, and against Muslims. . Yes, San Bernardino was terrorism. But so was the Greensboro Massacre in the 1979. So was Mother Emanuel AME. So are drone attacks on civilian homes in Afghanistan. So is carpet bombing of cities.
- Muslim apologist: Misdiagnosis of Terrorism racist, fear-mongering agenda against the president, against immigrants, and against Muslims.
- Palestine: Jewish Star Tried to de-legitimize Israel during the DNC by claiming that Jesus was a Palestinian Jew. This is standard Palestinian propaganda used to disassociate Judaism from its roots in the holy land. Jesus was not a Palestinian.
- Terrorism apoligist: The Misdiagnosis of Terrorism The Nation (liberal) The real violence threatening America is that of our immoral public policy choices, at home and abroad. By Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II racist, fear-mongering agenda against the president, against immigrants, and against Muslims.
- The Nation Americans Who'd Never Heard of Reverend William Barber II Won't Be ... Jul 29, 2016 - William Barber II, this magazine's civil-rights correspondent, but most Americans have Barber is one of the most gifted organizers and orators in the country today.
- Think Progress: (liberal) Rev. Barber: We are witnessing the birth pangs of a Third Reconstruction believe the turmoil we are witnessing around us today is in fact the ...
- Transgender: will boycott state over HB2
- Veterans For Peace Greater Seattle Rev. William Barber, president of the state NAACP branch site links to pro-muslim cairseattle veteranschallengeislamophobia jewishvoiceforpeaceislamophobia
- Voice of America (Obama admin) 'Moral Day of Action' Planned in 30 State Capitals and DC - VOA News speaks to protesters and demonstrators outside the House ...
- Breitbart NAACP's Barber: 'Irrational' to Say You Voted Trump for Change ... During Saturday's “AM Joy” on MSNBC, North Carolina NAACP President Rev. William Barber reacted to President-elect Donald Trump saying ...
- Civitas: William Barber Rakes in Taxpayer Dollars – Leads — Moral (no it is) — Money Mondays! While the Rev. William Barber, head of the NCNAACP, likes to call opponents extremists and rant about the immorality of legislative actions, he never mentions one important detail concerning his personal interest. An organization associated with his church, Rebuilding Broken Places Community Development Corporation, of which he is the founder and still chairman, has bellied up to the taxpayer buffet to the tune of over $1.15 million in recent years. Tentative Total >$1,159,732 As the head of the NCNAACP and the organizer of the Historic Thousands on Jones Street (HKonJ), he is the originator and ringmaster of the “Moral Money Monday” protests. Barber has said in many places that the HKonJ organizations are the organizers and force behind the “Moral Money Monday” protests. It is a collection of groups that, like Barber’s group, has benefited handsomely from taxpayer dollars. While he cloaks his actions in morality and even the trappings of Christianity, going as far as wearing religious garb at the protests, his interest is really about that least religious of concerns – Mammon, or money.
- Jewish Star Calling the kettle black: Trump’s not the anti-Semite in this race Hillary Clinton’s supporters who have stirred the pot of hatred: Rev. William Barber II: Tried to de-legitimize Israel during the DNC by claiming that Jesus was a Palestinian Jew. This is standard Palestinian propaganda used to disassociate Judaism from its roots in the holy land. Jesus was not a Palestinian.
- Jesus is Palestinian Lid Blog DNC Speaker Rev. William Barber Claims Jesus Is A Palestinian What one doesn't expect is for Rev. William Barber to be wrong about Jesus. ... Where theNAACP activist/Minister went off the rails was his ... he received cheers when he said: Jesus, a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew called us to preach good news Jesus died somewhere between the years 30CE and 36CE—100 years before the Romans changed the name of Judea to Syria Palaestina, therefore there is no way Jesus was a Palestinian. After the Bar Kochba revolt in 135 CE the Romans punished the Judeans (Jews) for revolting again by changing the name of their country from Judea (after the Tribe of Judah which is where the term Jewish came from) to Syria Palaestina. Rev. Barber’s branding of Jesus as a Palestinian wasn’t really the result of a flaw in his education, he was repeating a piece of Palestinian propaganda. One of the things they use to disassociate Judaism from its roots in the holy land.
www.naacpnc.org/president N.C. NAACP President, Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II, started Forward Together Moral Monday and convened the HKonJ Peoples Assembly Coalition.
NAACP | Dr. William Barber
Rev. Dr. Barber graduated Cum Laude from North Carolina Central University (NCCU) in Durham, N.C., receiving a B.A. in Political Science. He received a ...
Rev. Dr. William Barber II - Wikipedia
William J. Barber II (born August 30, 1963) is a Protestant minister and political leader in North ... The Wall Street Journal credited Barber's NAACP chapter with forming a coalition in 2007 named Historic Thousands on Jones Street People's ...
Activism · Recognition and publications · Education and family · References
William J. Barber, II | Facebook
Dr. William Barber II Speaks Occidental College: Fifty years after the Rev. ... NC NAACP Holds Press Conference to Discuss First Steps of Economic Boycott of ...
Statement On Airline's Decision to Remove Rev. Dr. William J. Barber ...
Apr 18, 2016 - Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II, President of North Carolina State Conference of NAACPBranches and the architect of the nationally acclaimed ...
Rev. William Barber: The NAACP Will Boycott North Carolina over HB2 & Voter Suppression
Democracy Now! NAACP has announced it would not hold its convention in North Carolina and urged an international boycott of the state to protest North Carolina’s anti-trans bathroom bill and a series of anti-democratic actions taken by the state’s Republican Legislature. The civil rights group described the move as the first step in an economic boycott that could be expanded in North Carolina and replicated in other states that enact laws limiting voting rights and protections for gay and transgender people. North Carolina’s House Bill 2, known as the "bathroom bill," bars transgender people from using the bathrooms that match their gender identity.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"HB2" redirects here. For the Texas law also called HB2, see Texas Senate Bill 5.
The Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act, officially called An Act to Provide for Single-sex Multiple Occupancy Bathroom and Changing Facilities in Schools and Public Agencies and to Create Statewide Consistency in Regulation of Employment and Public Accommodations but commonly known as House Bill 2 or HB2, is an act passed in the U.S. state of North Carolina in March 2016. Some opponents of the bill describe it as the most anti-LGBT legislation in the United States. Some proponents of HB2 call it "common sense" legislation, while advocates of repeal say replacing it with an anti-discrimination law is "common sense".
One contentious element of the law eliminates anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, and legislates that in government buildings, individuals may only use restrooms and changing facilities that correspond to the sex on their birth certificates. This has been criticized because it prevents transgender people who do not or cannot alter their birth certificates from using the restroom consistent with their gender identity: in North Carolina, only people who undergo sex reassignment surgery can change the sex on their birth certificates, and outside jurisdictions have different rules, some more restrictive. The legislation changes the definition of sex in the state's anti-discrimination law to "the physical condition of being male or female, which is stated on a person's birth certificate."
Rev. Dr. William Barber on North Carolina Legislature on 'Democracy ...
Dec 16, 2016 - Rev. Dr. William Barber on North Carolina Legislature on ... of the Breach and head of the North Carolina NAACP, about the legislative coup.
Rev. Dr. Barber (@RevDrBarber) | Twitter
Dr. Barber @RevDrBarber Feb 10. More. Copy link ... TODAY: @RevDrBarber on @NAACP's economic boycott of North Carolina. .... William Barber II and Rev.
A civil rights leader was kicked off a plane. Now he's suing the airline ...
Dec 14, 2016 - The Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP, addresses a crowd during a “Fight for 15” rally on Nov. 29 in Durham. (Kaitlin ...