Date: March 1, 2017 Wednesday
- 3/1/2017 crash: head-on into school bus injured: 6 JUST IN: 6 injured in fishy head-on collision involving school bus just after another hit and run crash Atlanta Journal Constitution Six people, including two children, have been taken to the hospital after a car crashed head on into a school bus Wednesday afternoon, Cobb County ... driver had just left a hit-and-run accident when she collided with the bus. Two children were among the six injured. Car driver was already in trouble for hit and run crash just before hitting the school bus.
- 3/1/2017: crash: hit illegal pedestrain, lanes closed Jaywalking staggering pedestrian struck, killed on Southeast Expressway Boston.com State Police reopened all the lanes on the Southeast Expressway around 7:45 a.m. Wednesday, ending a closure that began when a pedestrian was ...Man 'Staggering' Across Expressway In Dorchester Hit, Killed By SUV - CBS Boston / WBZ not clear yet why the man, who was later identified as 26-year-old Claudio Correia of Boston, was walking on the highway. State Police received several calls from motorists regarding a man who was reportedly staggering across Route 93 southbound
- 3/1/2017 crash: head-on injured: 2 2 people injured in head-on car collision in Chicopee MassLive.com CHICOPEE - Two people were injured in a head-on car crash in Chicopee on Wednesday night. Police were called to the area of Grattan Street near ...
- 3/1/2017 crash: pedestrian hit killed: 1 suspect: custody terror? Pedestrian killed on N. Stanton near Mardi Gras crowd driver in custody El Paso Texas KVIA El Paso EL PASO, Texas - One man is in custody after his vehicle allegedly struck and killed a woman Wednesdaymorning just two blocks away from the Cincinnati Entertainment District, where people were celebrating Madri Gras.
- terror: War in Afghanistan (2015–present) At least 16 people were killed and 40 more wounded after two suicide bombers attacked Kabul. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attacks. (Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty)
- terror: Kim Jong-nam's assassination Two women, Indonesian Siti Aisyah and Vietnamese Đoàn Thị Hương, are charged with murder in relation to the death of Kim Jong-nam, the estranged half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The women, who reportedly thought they were involved in a prank TV show, did not enter pleas. (CNN) (The Globe and Mail)
- Origin of life Scientists announce the finding of microfossils up to almost 4.3 billion years old, within rocks from the Hudson Bay shoreline in northern Quebec, Canada, that may represent the oldest-known evidence of life on Earth. (Reuters) similar to the bacteria that thrive today around sea floor hydrothermal vents lend credence to the hypothesis that hydrothermal vents spewing hot water may have been the cradle of life on Earth relatively soon after the planet formed, the researchers said.