- 2016 Phillipines Davao City bombing bombing at a night market occurred in Davao City, Southern Philippines, on 2 September 2016. The explosion caused at least 15 deaths and 70 injuries.Militant group Abu Sayyaf reportedly claimed responsibility for the bombing but later denied Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte declares a "state of emergency" in the whole country. In a warning to Abu Sayyaf, Duterte says "I will eat you alive." (Time'), (Rappler)
- War in Afghanistan (2015–present) Gunfire is heard in the Afghan capital Kabul with security forces looking for attackers with at least one person killed and six injured. (AP)
- A suicide bomber attacks a charity in the Kabul suburb of Shāre Naw with the Taliban claiming responsibility. (BBC) Afghan blasts: Kabul charity hit by bomb and gun attack BBC News Gunfire erupted when four armed men stormed the building of the aid group Care in the Shar-e-Naw area following a car bomb explosion. All attackers were killed. No group has admitted carrying out the attack, the fifth to hit the city in 24 hours.
- Syrian Civil WarThe Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant publishes an article urging lone wolf terrorists to commit genocide againstAustralia. (The Daily Mail)
- South Thailand insurgency A motorcycle bomb kills a father and daughter outside an elementary school in Narathiwat province. (Reuters)
- Iraqi Civil War (2014–present) The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant bans burqas in northern Iraq after a series of fatal attacks on its members by veiled women. (International Business Times)
- Typhoon Lionrock (2016) The death toll rises to at least 114 as 60 more people are killed in floods after the typhoon hits North Korea, displacing over 44,000 people. Fifteen people are also missing. (The Indian Express)
- A study concludes that typhoons in Asia are becoming stronger. (The Guardian)
- The giant panda is removed from IUCN's endangered species list but is replaced by the Eastern gorilla. (CNN)Sports
- San Francisco 49ers football player Bruce Miller is charged with assault. (Sports Illustrated)
- Suspected J'Ouvert killer was intoxicated at time of shooting New York Daily News Cops remained stumped Tuesday in the second J'Ouvert murder, the shooting of a 17-year-old boy who walked over to a bench and sat down - unaware that he was shot near the intersection of Flatbush Ave.
- Sept 6 Arizona TV Station Airs Chase That Ends With Police Shooting Into Windshield [Update] Deadspin A police chase in Phoenix, Ariz. ended after one of the officers got out of his vehicle and shot several times into the driver's windshield. Suspected Bank Robber Killed as Phoenix-Area Pursuit Ends in Gunfire NBCNews.com -... Interstate 10 toward Phoenix as police Avondale and then Phoenix police gave chase. No one was injured at the bank scene, Avondale police Officer Ray Emmett said.tues bank robber was dead Tuesday after a 45-minute chase that ended when police pinned his fleeing SUV against a barrier in Tempe, Ariz., and opened fire on the driver, authorities said.
- 3 Turkish soldiers killed 2 tanks hit in ISIL rocket attack in Syria Aljazeera.com Three Turkish soldiers have been killed and four wounded during clashes with ISIL fighters in northern Syria, according to Turkey's armed forces. army said on Tuesday that the ISIL attack took place in the Wuquf village, south of al-Rai, where Turkish tanks opened a second front in their Syria operation at the weekend. Three Turkish soldiers killed in IS attack in Syria - World - Dunya News Dunya News13 hours ago - Three Turkish soldiers were killed on Tuesday in a rocket attack by IS ... The army said the attack took place in the village of Wuquf south of ...Islamic State destroys two Turkish tanks, three soldiers PanARMENIAN.Net6 hours ago - The soldiers were killed on the spot and five others were injured when IS missiles hit two Turkish tanks in the Wuquf village, the military said.
- Jacob Wetterling suspect Danny James Heinrich tells court he killed him CNN (CNN) Danny James Heinrich told a Minnesota court on Tuesday that 11-year-old Jacob Wetterling had one question 27 years ago when he was kidnapping him on a rural road: "What did I do wrong?
NC authorities look for father in fatal shooting of teen son CBS News NORLINA, N.C. -- North Carolina authorities are searching for a man who they say shot and killed his 15-year-old son and later used Facebook to admit to shooting and critically wounding his ex-wife. Norlina Police Chief Taylor Bartholomew said Earl ...
Alabama house where 5 killed with axe, gunshots mysteriously burns Fox News CITRONELLE, Ala. - The south Alabama house where five people were slain with an axe and gunshots has mysteriously burned, authorities said.
Distraught teen takes his own life after accidentally shooting friend
WOODTV.com KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) - The father of a Kalamazoo teenager says police told him his son was so upset from accidentally shooting his friend, he turned the gun on himself. John Frazier, father of 17-year-old Marsavious Frazier, spoke with 24 Hour ...
Man Injured in Officer-Involved Shooting Along 110 Freeway Identified, Arrested KTLA Los Angeles Police Department officials have identified a 38-year-old man who was shot by a California Highway Patrol officer along the 110 Freeway late Tuesday, prompting a temporary closure of the highway. Northbound 110 Freeway reopens in downtown LA after CHP shooting investigationLos Angeles Times