Tuesday, July 12, 2016

First Black Miss Alabama Honors Dallas Cop Massacre Killer as Martyr

First Black Miss Alabama Honors Dallas Cop Massacre Killer as Martyr --- ===





EVERIPEDIA.COM










Kalyn Chapman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalyn_Chapman
WikipediaKalyn Chapman James is an American model, television host, and beauty pageant titleholder from Mobile, Alabama, who was crowned Miss Alabama in 1993, ...

Kalyn Chapman James, first black Miss Alabama, calls Dallas cop ...
www.washingtontimes.com/.../kalyn-chapman-james-first-blac...The Washington Times21 hours ago - Kalyn Chapman James, the first black woman to hold the title of Miss Alabama, posted a tearful message Sunday calling Dallas cop killer Micah ...


http://ijr.com/2016/07/648073-former-miss-alabama-learns-the-consequences-of-calling-the-dallas-police-killer-a-martyr

Former Miss Alabama Learns the Consequences of Calling the Dallas Police Killer a ‘Martyr’

Kalyn Chapman James hasn’t made national headlines since becoming the first black Miss Alabama in 1993, but she sure is making waves with her response to the Dallas shooting last week.
When James left church on Sunday, she took to Facebook to express how the attack affected her.
VIDEO: DALLAS REMAINS SHAKEN BY POLICE KILLINGS

The former beauty queen stunned Americans by referring to shooter Micah Johnson as a “martyr”:
In the video above, James reflected on the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile:
“I prayed a lot about everything that’s happened this week and I can’t stop replaying the image of these men being killed in my mind and my heart weeps…but I think more than anything I’m dealing with a bit of guilt because I don’t feel sad for the officers that lost their lives and I know that’s really not my heart…
I value human life and I want to feel sad for them, but I can’t help but feeling like the shooter was a martyr. And I know it’s not the right way to feel ’cause nobody deserves to lose their lives and I know that those police officers have families and people who love them, and they didn’t deserve to die, but I’m so torn up in my heart.”
She continued to explain that her heart was torn after seeing “all these black men gunned down in our communities”:
“I can’t help but feel like I wasn’t surprised by what the shooter did to those cops and I think a lot of us feel the same way.”
Many people were supportive of James on Facebook, praising her for speaking her mind. One former dance student of James even wrote that she’s both “inspiring” and a “role model”:
Others, like commenter Marlyn Paris-Lawson, are standing in unity with James, saying she spoke on behalf of many people who feel the same way:
“Thank you for sharing! Your honesty have [sic] caused me to shed some withheld tears. We have to release our feelings in a positive way and I applaud you for having done just that! My love and admiration to you…my sister, my friend!”
However, she had her fair share of criticism as well. Rich Rozefortexplained that he too is upset over “police brutality,” but called her post “stupid”:
“There’s not a person alive that is more outraged over police brutality and racial profiling than I am, but the senseless murder of cops is NOT the answer. If you can’t see that, you’re no different than the very thing you profess to hate.”
And Rasheed Wallace thought her words are downright wrong:
“This woman is getting the attention she asked for, a NEGATIVE one, how can you dare state that this cop killer is a martyr because you’re tired of seeing black men murdered by the police, ok so solving an issue of murder with murder is really a solution? What did these murdered cops do that was horrendously wrong that they had to be killed? I guess our world is really full of idiots and scum bags as they say smh.”
According to her Facebook profile, James currently works in public relations and as a host at television station WPBT2. She’s also a personal trainer.




Two of my paintings in last night's ArtLoft with Kalyn Chapman James. Me Super Happy!!   

WPBT2 released a statement regarding James’ comments, calling her a “contractor” who has been placed on administrative leave while they “actively” look into the matter. It reads, in part:
“WPBT2 South Florida PBS supports non-violent approaches to complicated issues and policy reforms. In fact, we go to great lengths to bring viewers in-depth and meaningful programming that examines important issues that directly impact our communities and country such as criminal justice reforms and race relations.
WPBT2 South Florida PBS does not condone the personal statements by one of its independent contractors regarding the events in Dallas.”
James has since apologized for her post, claiming she’s been threatened online after making the controversial comments.
And on Tuesday, she penned a Facebook status explaining her video in depth, saying she just wants to “spread love”:
She wrote, in part:
1. Micah Johnson is NOT a hero.
2. I do not condone violence against anyone – I am against violence. I would like to see an end to black on black crime, white on white crime, black on white crime, white on black crime, ALL killing needs to stop!
3. I want healing and peace for our nation and it will come when we can process our feelings, address the ones that don’t align with our values (like I did) and reach out for help INSTEAD of causing more conflict or taking innocent lives.
Miss Alabama pageant officials also condemned James for her words, saying she does not in any way reflect their views and that they have the “utmost respect and appreciation” for law enforcement.
Independent Journal Review has reached out to James for a comment, but has yet to hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment