tags: Timeline 2013, Al Qaeda, stabbing, Right Wing Extremist, , terrorism, explosives, guns, terroristic threats, murderer, reported his own crime, wanted to create explosive devices, fertilizer explosives, aspired to emulate [Oklahoma City bomber] Timothy McVeigh, studied and downloaded bomb making information from Anarchist Cookbooks, studied Al-Queda training manuals, experienced survivalist, commits burglaries in rural areas to sustain his life, loner, terroristic threats of mass casualty involving large events, attacks good samaritan, kills women, mentally ill
Motive for murdering a young mother is ... terrorism
June 17, 2013 Anthony E. Garver Arrested For Lake Stevens Stabbing Lake Stevens Police officers responded to a suspicious call from a gentleman who evidently reported his own crime that morning after he was frustrated that there was no local news of the killing. 20-year-old Phillipa Evans-Lopez was found tied up and stabbed to death with 20 wounds at a home in Lake Stevens she had only recently moved into. Hers is the city's second homicide in less than a month after the drive-by shooting of a Seattle high school girl Molly Conley. The family believes she was not targeted at random. Instead, they think the person that took her life was someone she knew, or at the very least an acquaintance.
On July 2, 2013 police arrested Spokane-area fugitive, Anthony E. Garver, age 25, after his DNA had been matched to evidence at the crime scene of the Lake Stevens stabbing. Garver had tied up the victim at her home, gagged her with a ball of cloth and stabbed her 24 times in the chest before slashing her throat. It was only a few months after Garver was released from federal prison for threatening to blow up a government building in Spokane.
Officials started looking for him in the area as violent felon who was wanted by the U.S. Marshal's Office. Garver had just been released from prison for threatening to blow up buildings, kill public officials, and was associated with anarchists, survialists, anti-government domestic terrorists, and using military style weapons and explosives. He had been committed to mental hospitals and had bragged he was Al Qaeda and had Al Qaeda terrorist manuals on his computer. When he was arrested, Garver reportedly was carrying a folding knife with apparent blood stains.
Similar case in Israel had the marking of a nationalist motive for attacking an Israeli: May 1, 2014 Nationalist Motive Not Established in Stabbing of Israeli Woman Shelly Dadon 20-year-old Shelly Dadon in an empty parking lot in northern Migdal Haemek in Israel. Dadon was on her way to a job interview when she was stabbed and killed and initial evidence found at the scene led investigators to focus on nationalistic motives, but no final motive has been established. Also June 30, 2016 PALESTINIAN TERROR American Jewish girl, 13, stabbed to death in West Bank bedroom was U.S. citizenl iving in israel ... Jun 29, 2016 · Israel has a large community of dual American citizens,A 13-year-old Jewish girl who was stabbed to death in her bed by a Palestinian attacker on Thursday was an American citizen, the State Department said. Hallel Yaffa Ariel was asleep in her home in a West Bank settlement when a 17-year-old assailant broke in to the house and killed her before he was shot by security guards. , 8 July 2016 DGG (talk | contribs) deleted page Hillel Yaffe Ariel (A7: Article about a real person, which does not credibly indicate the importance or significance of the subject) Palestinian kills teen in Israeli settlement, then shot dead Notable Israeli Security Incidents Since 2015 Sources: Graphiq Staff Research A Palestinian fatally stabbed a 13-year-old Israeli girl in her bedroom in a settlement in the occupied West Bank on Thursday. Israeli guards in the settlement of Kiryat Arba shot the attacker dead. -- Palestinian teen kills sleeping Israeli girl, 13 Record Courier By JOSEF FEDERMAN | Associated Press Published: July 1, 2016 A Palestinian youth sneaked into a fortified Jewish settlemen t in the West Bank on Thursday, broke into a home and stabbed to death a 13-year-old Israeli-American girl as she slept in bed before frantic security guards arrived and killed him.
The girl, identified as Hallel Yaffa Ariel, became the youngest Israeli victim of a nine-month wave of violence that has seen dozens of Palestinian attacks.
The early-morning stabbing, carried out by a 17-year-old Palestinian high school dropout, was among the most brazen attacks so far
Counter Conspiracy Theory: Was the stabbing of the girl by a right wing terrorist just a random crime, or was he on the mission from some Taliban-style anti-American organization? Is "mental illness" just a standard cover story?
Is this fellow a dangerous terrorist? Sure walks like a duck: “I also learned that Anthony has wanted to create explosive devices in the past using fertilizer and has aspired to emulate [Oklahoma City bomber] Timothy McVeigh,” an officer wrote in Garver’s probable-case documents. “Anthony has also studied and downloaded bomb making information from Anarchist Cookbooks and has studied Al-Queda training manuals. I’ve also learned that Anthony is an experienced survivalist, commits burglaries in rural areas to sustain his life, is a loner and has threatened mass casualty involving large events...His criminal history includes burglaries, a car theft and possessing illegal ammunition, court papers show. He repeatedly has made headlines in Spokane for going on the run, including a police chase in Montana in 2010
- 2006 threatened to blow up Department of Health and Human Services offices in Spokane, Wash.
- Later threatened to kill both the prosecutor and the judge hearing his case, according to a separate KXLY report.
- Garver was sentenced to three years in prison in 2008, with credit for time served.
- Released from prison in 2009
- U.S. Marshals searched for Garver for several months after the recently released felon failed to show up at a mandated work-release program, ultimately tracking him to a rustic camp in the wilderness near Mt. Spokane.
- In 2010, Garver was arrested after leading Montana State Police on a high-speed chase, at one point driving in reverse into oncoming traffic.
- Garver was released from Federal Prison in February and soon went missing.
- KXLY reported that his flight caused a woman, who had previously tried to help the suspect but ended up testifying against him, to go into hiding with her children.Garver had threated to kill her after she testified. "He felt like we betrayed him," the woman, who wished to remain anonymous, told the station. "He had criminal activity, but more so he had mental illness."
- June 17, 2013 Anthony E. Garver Arrested For Lake Stevens Stabbing Lake Stevens Police officers responded to a suspicious call from a gentleman who evidently reported his own crime that morning after there was no news of the killing. 20-year-old Phillipa Evans-Lopez was found tied up and stabbed to death with 20 wounds at a home in Lake Stevens she had only recently moved into. Hers is the city's second homicide in less than a month after the drive-by shooting of a Seattle high school girl Molly Conley. The family believes she was not targeted at random. Instead, they think the person that took her life was someone she knew, or at the very least an acquaintance. On July 2, 2013 police arrested Spokane-area fugitive, Anthony E. Garver, age 25, after his DNA had been matched to evidence at the crime scene of the Lake Stevens stabbing.
- June 17, 2013 Lake Stevens Police officers responded to a suspicious call from a gentleman who evidently reported his own crime that morning after there was no news of the killing. 20-year-old Phillipa Evans-Lopez was found tied up and stabbed to death with 20 wounds at a home in Lake Stevens she had only recently moved into.
- On July 2, 2013 police arrested Spokane-area fugitive, Anthony E. Garver, age 25, after his DNA had been matched to evidence at the crime scene of the Lake Stevens stabbing.
- Murder charge dropped in killing of Lake Stevens woman | KOMO TV Jun 23, 2015 Snohomish County prosecutors have dropped the first-degree murder charge against a mentally ill man accused of stabbing a Lake Stevens woman to death after he was found too delusional to assist his lawyer. The Daily Herald of Everett reports that Anthony Garver, a man living with schizophrenia, has been held at a state psychiatric hospital for more than a year. He was accused of killing 20-year-old Phillipa Evans-Lopez in June 2013.
- Mom of woman escaped inmate Garver is accused of killing speaks out Apr 08, 2016 by Caitlin Rearden, KHQ As the manhunt for escaped Western State Hospital inmate Anthony Garver continues... "You can still have a mental problem and do something that you know is wrong," says Evans. "The fact that he's run before, that he's hidden before, you know he didn't kill her and stay in the house. He's not incompetent. He's very, very, very intelligent and he needs to stand trial."
The stabbings have not been connected to Molly Conley drive by shooting, but the press notes two closely occuring murders in the same city. Could it be connected to a number of accidents and crimes in the North Puget sound region that could fit a pattern of terrorist attacks?
Related: Molly Conley Lake Stevens Drive-by Shooting
What would be the motive for a fellow like this to murder just one woman?
He has a defender:
A lot of that information is inaccurate. They make it sound like he is running around as a domestic terrorist. The fact is he has been almost exclusively incarcerated for the last decade in various criminal and mental health facilities. In fact, until now he has never actually been known to have committed an act of violence.
4:39 p.m., Sunday July 7
described as "A Spokane man Anthony E. Garver known to federal authorities as an anti-government extremist, who studies Al-Qaeda and idolizes Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, has been arrested for the murder of a young woman Phillipa Evans-Lopez in Lake Stevens...Garver is described as a violent felon who was wanted by the U.S. Marshal's Office on a felony warrant for escape
- Al Qaeda: He has read Al-Qaida training manuals.
- Ammunution: possessing illegal ammunition,
- Anarchist: he has anarchist ties.
- Anti-government extremist and survivalist: Garver is a survivalist who "is anti-government, has history of military style weapons and explosives, and he has threatened to shoot anyone who confronts him."
- Apology: apologized for his escape last summer in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edward Shea filed Sept. 17 2009 “Every single day I regret not showing up because I destroyed my chance to be free and to go to school, establish myself, and get it over with and move on with my life,” Burke wrote. “I had the notion that the deck would always be stacked against me.”
- Armed and dangerous: Officials considered him armed and dangerous and consider him an extreme risk to re-offend
- Arrest: Garver was arrested without incident Tuesday night at a fast-food restaurant in north Everett.
- Bombs: he had an al-Qaida training manual and a book on how to make bombs
- Bullet proof vests
- Car theft
- Criminal history: burglaries, a car theft and possessing illegal ammunition for AK-47
- Death threats against public officials, including a prosecutor and a judge, has threatened to shoot anyone who confronts him.
- DNA: Lab matched DNA taken from a cord tied to the victim's left wrist to Garver. A detective found a bloody knife in his pocket upon arrest.
- Domestic terrorism: he has domestic terrorism aspirations.
- Escape: violent felon wanted by the U.S. Marshal's Office on a felony warrant for escape
- Explosives: has history of military style weapons and explosives
- Fertilizer bombs: expressed desire create explosives using fertilizer and downloaded bomb-making information from online Anarchist publications.
- Genetic evidence: He allegedly is connected to the killing by genetic evidence found at the scene. Genetic material collected from the crime scene, including from an electrical cord, reportedly matched Garver's sample in a DNA database
- Good Samaritan killer: Investigators say the young woman had bought Garver breakfast.
- Interests: court papers say he has a fascination with bombs, chemistry and computers.
- Knife: Garver reportedly was carrying a folding knife with apparent blood stains. When asked about the knife that was found in his pocket, detectives said Garver smiled."I've told you everything I want to say"
- Location: assigned to a halfway house in Western Washington but never showed up. "We knew he was over in this area and that's when we started scouring and hitting a whole bunch of shelter areas and homeless areas"
- Meeting: Evans-Lopez and Garver were strangers. Surveillance video recorded them a few days before the killing at a local restaurant. He reportedly denied knowing Evans-Lopez after he was arrested. He later said he might have moved items around inside her house.
- Mental diagnosis: Burke has been diagnosed with anti-social disorder and is mildly autistic
- Mental health: history of mental health problems. He's been involuntarily committed to a mental hospital
- Military style weapons: he has history of military style weapons and explosives, and he has threatened to shoot anyone who confronts him."
- Mother: Taldja Garver the man's mother says portrayals of him as a dangerous threat to public safety are overblown. "he never harmed anybody."
- Mother's message: after murder, sent his mother an email saying "that it might be the last time she'll hear from him" He said he would never go back to prison.
- Motive: motive is a mystery to the victim's mother, who said she doesn't know how her daughter met Garver. "I don't know what he said or did but she trusted too much," said Kris Evans.
- Police: Deputy U.S. Marshal Robert Gerg leads the multi-agency Snohomish County Violent Offender Task Force based in Smokey Point.
- On the lam: Garver was being sought on state and federal arrest warrants related to past convictions since March 8, when he failed to report to his community corrections officer in Spokane.
- Overkill: stabbed two dozen times, and her throat was cut. Evans-Lopez had been tied to a bed with electrical cords before she was stabbed.
- McDonalds: he is seen in store video with Evans-Lopez three days before the woman's body was found in her Lake Stevens home. A receipt found in Evans-Lopez's purse led investigators to the McDonald's. Investigators say the young woman had bought Garver breakfast.
- Night vision goggles
- Passport: altered passport
- Police chase in Montana in 2010
- Police scanners
- Premeditated: Killing was premeditated because of tying victim to bed.
- Race: white
- Survivalist: Garver is an experienced survivalist who "is anti-government" with bullet proof vests, night vision goggles, police scanners, equipment for making false IDs, an altered passport and maps with GPS coordinates marked along the Canadian border.
- Suspect: Anthony E. Garver, 25
- Terrorist: Garver has claimed ties to anarchist and domestic-terrorism causes in Eastern Washington.
Timeline / Updates
Anthony Garver's criminal history | Spokane - KXLY.com
KXLY‑TVApr 8, 2016 - Anthony Garver has a long criminal history that goes back a decade. ... has been set up to make it much easier for you to manage all of your e-mail subscriptions.
Mom of woman escaped inmate Garver is accused of killing speaks out
KHQ‑TVApr 8, 2016 - As the manhunt for escaped Western State Hospital inmate Anthony Garver ... for a role police believe he played in the murder of a young woman in 2013.
Washington psychiatric hospital escapee and murder suspect Anthony ...
CBS NewsApr 8, 2016 - "Intense" hunt for psych hospital escapee accused of brutal murder. An image released by police shows Anthony Garver, a murder suspect who escaped from a ...
patients escape from Western State Hospital - The Olympian
The OlympianApr 7, 2016 - Mark Alexander Adams and Anthony Garver escaped Wednesday out a loose ... Both men found incompetent to stand trial; one on suspicion of murder, the other ...
Fugitive mental patient Anthony Garver mum during Spokane court ...
The Spokesman‑ReviewApr 11, 2016 - Fugitive mental patient Anthony Garver mum during Spokane court hearing ... Tags:Anthony Burke, Anthony Garver, escape, fugitive, murder, public safety, ...
Spokane man labeled 'domestic terrorist' escapes mental hospital
The Spokesman‑ReviewApr 7, 2016 - Lakewood police say 28-year-old Anthony Garver and 58-year-old Mark Alexander ... County who was found bound with electrical cords and stabbed to death.
Fugitive who escaped Wash. psych facility visits parents - NY Daily News
New York Daily NewsApr 8, 2016 - Mark Alexander Adams and Anthony Garver, who was charged in the brutal 2013murder of a 20-year-old woman, escaped Wednesday night from Western ...
The Latest: Psychiatric fugitive stopped at parents' home - CNS News
CNSNews.comApr 8, 2016 - Garver was accused of murder three years ago but found mentally incompetent to ... Lakewood police Lt. Chris Lawler said investigators believe Anthony Garver ...
1 who escaped Washington state psych hospital caught, 1 on the lam ...
KFOR‑TVApr 7, 2016 - That fugitive, Anthony Garver, was first caught in the summer of 2013 for allegedly tying a ... warrants, Garver was charged in July 2013 with murder in the killing of Phillipa S. Evans-Lopez, 20. ... 444 E. Britton Rd. Oklahoma City, O.K. 73114
Accused murderer Anthony Garver, 28, who escaped Washington ...
www.capitalbay.news/.../1014840-accused-murderer-anthony-garver-28-who-escaped-...Apr 8, 2016 - Accused murderer Anthony Garver, 28, broke out of Western State Hospital on ...Anthony Garver, 28, is accused of the murder of a woman in 2013, but was found mentally incompetent to stand trial. ..... Print this article ✉ Send e-mail.
Murder charge dropped in killing of Lake Stevens woman | KOMO
KOMO‑TVJun 23, 2015 EVERETT, Wash. - Snohomish County prosecutors have dropped the first-degree murder charge against a mentally ill man accused of stabbing a Lake Stevens woman to death after he was found too delusional to assist his lawyer. The Daily Herald of Everett reports that Anthony Garver, a man living with schizophrenia, has been held at a state psychiatric hospital for more than a year. He was accused of killing 20-year-old Phillipa Evans-Lopez in June 2013.
Suspect in 2013 death of young mother unfit to stand trial | HeraldNet ...
The HeraldJun 22, 2015 - Suspect in 2013 death of young mother unfit to stand trial. SHARE: facebook ...Anthony E. Garver appears in court via video. Mark Mulligan ...
First-degree murder charged in death | HeraldNet.com - Local News
The HeraldJul 27, 2013 - Prosecutors allege Anthony Garver, 25, also slashed the woman's throat ... on Friday filed the murder charge against Garver for the June killing.
Anthony Garver, Murder Suspect, Filmed With Victim Phillipa Evans ...
The Huffington PostJul 12, 2013 - Investigators think the footage will provide significant evidence against Anthony Garver, a Spokane-area man with a long criminal history. Garver is now charged with first-degree murder in the June 17 death of Phillipa Evans-Lopez, a 20-year-old Snohomish County woman.
Spokane fugitive arrested in Lake Stevens murder | The Spokesman ...
The Spokesman‑ReviewJul 3, 2013 - Police believe Anthony E. Garver, 25, killed 20-year-old Phillipa S. ... The affidavit filed by police in the death of Evans-Lopez says Garver is ...
Mom of slain Lake Stevens woman: 'My biggest question is why ...
KCPQJul 3, 2013 - Phillipa Evans-Lopez, 20, was found stabbed to death in her Lake ... The suspect,Anthony Garver, 26, had a history of making violent .... Krusteaz blueberry pancake mix recalled overE. coli concerns · From City of Bremerton ...
Mom of woman escaped inmate Garver is accused of killing speaks out
KHQ‑TVApr 8, 2016 - SPOKANE, Wash. - As the manhunt for escaped Western State Hospital inmate Anthony Garver continues, we looked into why Garver was at ...
Surveillance video catches Anthony Garver with murder victim days ...
KXLY‑TVJul 11, 2013 - Surveillance video catches Anthony Garver with murder victim days before .... it much easier for you to manage all of your e-mail subscriptions.
ninjapundit: Al Qaeda and OKC Inspired Terrorist Anthony E. Garver ...
Jul 1, 2013 - On July 2, police arrested Spokane-area fugitive, Anthony E. Garver, age 25, after his DNA had been matched to evidence at the crime scene of ...
Man charged in brutal Lake Stevens murder, ordered held without bail
KIROJul 8, 2013 - Anthony E. Garver, 25, was ordered held without bail Monday and charged with first-degree murder in the brutal stabbing death of 20-year-old ...
catchwmw.com/.../anthony-burke-u-s-marshals-hunting-for-missing-men...Jul 3, 2013 - See bio, contact info, and more articles from David Rose ... U.S. Marshals say Anthony Garver, a mentally-ill fugitive on the run since March, ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../anthony-garver-murder-phillipa-evans-lope...Jul 12, 2013 - Investigators think the footage will provide significant evidence againstAnthony Garver, a Spokane-area man with a long criminal history.
www.kirotv.com › NewsJul 3, 2013 - Police say the killer is 25 year-old Anthony Garver. He was already wanted by the Feds for violating parole. He appeared in court Wednesday ...
July 8, 2013
A man charged with first-degree murder in the June knifing death of a woman in Lake Stevens was ordered detained without bail Monday by a Snohomish County judge, who said he found the defendant "scary, to say the least." Anthony E. Garver, 25, belongs behind bars because available evidence suggests he poses a threat to community safety and a flight risk, Everett District Court Judge Roger Fisher said. .. Surveillance video from an Everett restaurant shows them talking a few days before her body was discovered on June 17. asked that Garver be held without bail under a provision of the state Constitution approved by voters 2010. Sometimes called the Lakewood Police Officers Memorial Act, the law was enacted in response to the November 2009 slayings of four police officers by a convicted felon who was out on bail...Garver was disruptive during a hearing last week, repeatedly interrupting..
- public defender said that the link between Garver and the killing is "very tenuous, at best." Kyle noted, for example, that the affidavit mentions Garver had a knife with red stains when he was arrested, but nothing had been offered to connect the weapon to Evans-Lopez's death.
July 3, 2013
- "in court defiant in Everett District Court Wednesday, and his microphone was shut off after he repeatedly interrupted his defense attorney and the judge. He also cursed and demanded to be released. The man denied that he was Anthony Garver and said detectives had misrepresented his statements to make them sound "more suspicious." He was denied bail in part because lawyers were unable to continue the hearing due to his repeated outbursts" Press reports he is "anti-government extremist, who studies Al-Qaeda and idolizes Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh"
- July 2, 2013 Anthony E Garver arrested in North Everett on manhunt after his DNA tied to crime
- June 17, 2013 20-year-old Phillipa Evans-Lopez was found stabbed to death at a home in Lake Stevens
- June 14, 2013 video surveillance placed Garver with Evans-Lopez at a McDonald's restaurant in Lake Stevens three days before her body was discovered. Told detectives he had never met Evans-Lopez, but changed his story once confronted with video evidence that showed the two together.
- March 8,2013 failed to report to his community corrections officer in Spokane.
- February 2013 He was released from federal prison in February after serving time for threatening to blow up a government building in Spokane.
- April 29, 2010 A Spokane man who escaped from a halfway house this week, was arrested in Montana after a police chase in Montana in 2010. He was seen in Three Forks, Mont punching out a car window and driving off. While he fled, troopers punctured the front tire of the Ford Thunderbird with a spike strip near Bozeman. Burke then drove westbound in the eastbound lanes, and appeared to be trying to hit other vehicles..Burke also drove in reverse and crashed into a pickup before he hit another set of spike strips and lost control of the car. He then fled across four lanes of highway and jumped into Jackson Creek, where he was apprehended..
- March 2010 He was sentenced to seven months in federal custody for the escape and arrived at a Spokane halfway house in March 2010. He was allowed to leave during the day to attend classes at Spokane Community College, but he didn’t return.,
- Burke apologized for his escape last summer in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edward Shea filed Sept. 17 “Every single day I regret not showing up because I destroyed my chance to be free and to go to school, establish myself, and get it over with and move on with my life,” Burke wrote. “I had the notion that the deck would always be stacked against me.”
- 2009 summer: Released from prison. Left a federal corrections facility in Victorville, California and was supposed to check-in to a Geiger work release program the next day, but was last seen boarding a Greyhound bus in California. Two week long manhunt in 2009 in Spokane County when he failed to show up in Spokane. U.S. Marshals eventually found Garver camping out in the foothills of Mount Spokane July 31, 2009. HIs motherfeared "I'm afraid Anthony's going to get killed, I'm really afraid of that," Burke's mom said he is more likely to hurt himself if cornered by law enforcement than anyone else.
- 2008 federal prosecutors tried to get Garver locked up for as long as possible, citing a psychiatric assessment that concluded he posed a danger to the community.
- 2006: charged in 2006 with Possession of Ammunition after having been committed to a mental institution. Burke served three years in federal prison after police found him with 100 rounds of Russian ammunition at his family’s Spokane-area home. He was prohibited from having the bullets because he’d been committed to a mental hospital as a teen.
- Served time for threatening to blow up the Department of Social Health Services building in Spokane. Officials considered him armed and dangerous and consider him an extreme risk to re-offend
Taldja Garver the man's mother says portrayals of him as a dangerous threat to public safety are overblown. Taldja Garver says her son Anthony often gets frustrated and suffers from psychological problems which prompt him to say things he doesn't mean. "Anthony's a talker. Everybody knows that, the neighbors where we live at, they know he's a talker, he talks. He talks and talks," says Garver. "It doesn't mean that he was killing people or he was gonna blow up places or anything, he never harmed anybody."
13. Muddy footprints led feds to fugitive - Spokane, North Idaho News ...
12. Mother of escaped felon: 'He's just a poor lost kid' - Spokane ...
11. Suspect in Lake Stevens stabbing death studied Al-Qaeda ...
10. Spokane man arrested after Montana freeway chase
.09. Spokane man held without bail in Lake Stevens murder
08. November 4, 2006 Sex offender has moved into Cheney
07. http://www.lakestevensjournal.com/news/article.exm/2013-06-25_woman_s_body_found_in_home_in_lake_stevens__police_calling_it_a_suspicious_death Lake Stevens Police officers responded to a suspicious call from a gentleman Monday morning, June 17 ...found stabbed to death inside the home. Lake Stevens Police officers entered the home and found the body and then waited for a search warrant. ...Police are calling the death suspicious stating that it looks like, “homicidal violence” occurred. ..
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner stated the cause of death as “sharp force injuries.”
...The death has no connection to the drive-by shooting of Molly Conley that took place on June 1. (or are they both random terrorist atttacks??)