Monthly Misfortune February 2018 ---
List of incidents of terror which could be accidents, crimes, or terrorist attacks.
- Suspect at large after bumping golf cart shooter killing off-duty fire captain in Arizona https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-large-after-killing-duty-fire-captain-arizona-n844551 A suspect was at large in Arizona on Sunday after shooting an off-duty fire department captain in the head overnight, killing him, authorities said. Scottsdale Police Department spokesman Ben Hoster identified the victim as Kyle Brayer, 34, of the Tempe Fire Department. Brayer was one of several people riding in the back of a golf cart in downtown Scottsdale, just north of Tempe, at 2:30 a.m. (4:30 a.m. ET) when a red Scion coupe edged up behind them and began bumping the cart. Brayer approached the car and was shot in the head,
- February 4, 2018 South Carolina Amtrak CSX wrong switch train crash Outside outside Columbia SC at least two people were killed and 70 injured when as switch was improperly sent the Amtrak train away from the main track and toward a parked CSX freight train
- February 4, 2018 Death Edwin Jackson NFL Player By Drunk Driver Illegal Immigrant Manuel Orrego-Savala, a 37-year-old citizen of Guatemala, allegedly "accidentally" crashed his Ford F-150 truck into a car killing Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver who were standing outside. It was 4 a.m. when he veered onto the emergency shoulder of Highway I-70 just outside Indianapolis. They had stopped by the freeway because Jackson felt sick Suspect was an illegal alien twice deported in 2007 and 2009. Police say they believe Orrego-Savala was intoxicated living in the country illegally and did not have a driver's license. There is no indication but nevertheless possible it was a deliberate attack. Jackson, 26, played in all 16 games for the Colts in 2016. Federal immigration officials have placed a hold on him.
- Israeli authorities tear down parts of a European Union-funded school in the Palestinian village of Abu Nuwar, on the occupied West Bank, saying it was built illegally. Palestinians say this is the fifth such demolition since 2016, with residents and NGO's each time reconstructing it. (Reuters)
- Cayce, South Carolina train collision An Amtrak passenger train collides with a freight train in Cayce, South Carolina, U.S., and is derailed. Two people are killed. (Huffington Post) (BBC)(CNN) A freight train had left the switch in the wrong position.
- An Anglo-Eastern Group oil tanker with 22 Indian crew members on board is reported missing off the coast of Benin. The area is well known for piracy. (BBC)
- Murder suspect in fatal East Austin shooting arrested http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/police-investigating-after-woman-shot-in-east-austin murder suspect, Waymon "Keith" Eason Sr., was arrested by the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force Monday afternoon. Austin police are searching for a suspect in an East Austin fatal shooting that left one woman dead on Sunday evening.
- 16-year-old killed by sheriff's deputies during chase Los Angeles ABC News A 16-year-old boy was shot and killed by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies who chased him into an apartment complex after he allegedly flashed a pistol. At around 8:15 p.m. on Sunday, an anonymous 911 call came in describing "a young man pointing a pistol at a motorist" in the Westmont section ...
- Wikipedia Current Events Portal
- Wikipedia Terrorist Incidents February 2018
- RT Russia Today Daily Headlines
- PressTV News in Brief - Feb. 4, 2018
- Daily Mail UK
- Wall Street Journal Daybreak
- snewsi crimes
- Gun Violence Archive Mass Shootings
- Democracy Now http://www.democracynow.org/2018/02/4/headlines
- Mass shooting Tracker 2018
- Killed by Police (anti-police propaganda site)
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, February 2018
- ODMP Officer Down Memorial Page
- List of American police officers killed in the line of duty Wikipedia
- List of violent incidents in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, February–February 2018
- Mass shooting Tracker 2018
- List of violent incidents in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, 2018
- Religion justified attacks
- List of traffic collisions
- TheWeek Daily Briefing