Daily Misfortune Wednesday July 24, 2013 ---
Misfortune Month July 2013
- 22 killed Clashes between the Knights Templar Cartel and the Mexican federal police in the state of Michoacán.
- Terrorism: 1 killed 17 injured Bomb explodes at a police station in the Egyptian city of Mansoura
- Terrorism: 4 killed 40 wounded Bomb and gun attack on an Inter-Services Intelligence n Sukkur, Pakistan.
- 3 dead, many missing An Australia-bound boat carrying asylum seekers from Iran, Iraq and Sri Lanka sinks in heavy seas off the coast of Indonesia,
- 140 injured 79 died July 24, 2013 Spain Alivia Train derailment an Alvia high-speed train in Spain, derailed at high speed on a curve
- 1 killed July 24, 2013 Apartment Invasion Murder of Paul DeWolf U Michigan Air Force Medical Student
- Terrorism: 2 killed 1 injured July 24, 2013 Hat Yai Thailand Bomb Kills Two Teachers
- Mexican Drug War: Clashes between the Knights Templar Cartel and the Mexican federal police leave 22 dead in the state of Michoacán. According to government press reports, two of the dead were law enforcement officials, while the rest were cartel gunmen. (BBC)
- A bomb explodes at a police station in the Egyptian city of Mansoura, the capital of the Dakahlia Governorate, killing at least one person and injuring 17. (Reuters via Hindustan Times)
- Four people are killed and at least 40 wounded in a bomb and gun attack on an Inter-Services Intelligence compound in Sukkur, Pakistan.(Reuters)
- An Australia-bound boat carrying asylum seekers from Iran, Iraq and Sri Lanka sinks in heavy seas off the coast of Indonesia, leaving at least three people dead, 157 rescued and an uncertain number missing. (The Australian) (BBC)
- July 24, 2013 Santiago de Compostela Train derailment an Alvia high-speed train travelling from Madrid toFerrol, in the north-west of Spain, derailed at high speed on a curve outside of the railway station atSantiago de Compostela, Spain. Of the 222 people (218 passengers and 4 crew) aboard, around 140 were injured and 79 died. The driver who apparently was distracted survived, and was arrested for driving too fast for the curve. It is Spain's deadliest rail incident since the 2004 Madrid train bombings, and the country's worst accidental train disaster since the Torre del Bierzo rail disaster in 1944.
- Murder of Paul DeWolf U Michigan Air Force Medical Student July 24, 2013 Ann Arbor Police found Paul DeWolf, a University of Michigan medical school student and Air Force Second Lieutenant dead in his apartment from a gunshot wound. 3 were arrested in November after a laptop was found which had been stolen nearby.
- July 24, 2013 Hat Yai Thailand Bomb Kills Two Teachers Terrorist bomb kills two women teacher and injures another teacher and two police officers in Hat Yai Thailand. Officials believe the bomb targeted police, but Pam Geller believes the teachers themselves were also targeted by Islamist terrorism.