Month Misfortune July 2015 ---
- Wikipedia Current Events Portal
- RT Russia Today Daily Headlines
- snewsi crimes
- Democracy Now http://www.democracynow.org/2015/7/30/headlines
- SPLC Hatewatch Headlines, 7-30-15
- Killed by Police (anti-police site)
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, July 2015
- Religion justified attacks
- July 30, 2015 US agencies step up in case of Twin Cities dentist who killed Cecil the lion
- July 30, 2015 execution March 12, 1993 bombings 257 killed Yakub Memon: India carries out execution over 1993 bomb attacks
- July 30, 2015 Cincinnati cop pleads not guilty to murder in traffic stop
- July 30, 2015 Charges reduced against Missouri teen in grandparents' death
- July 30, 2015 Oakdale man Nhan Tran found incompetent for trial in boy's random shooting at cars death July 30, 2015 Governor weighs parole for California school bus hijacker
- May 24, 2013 murder July 30, 2015 update New Hampshire man accused of hacking family to death found unfit for trial
- 16 killed 30 injured July 30, 2015 A heavy 10-wheel truck went out of control after apparently losing its brakes, flipping on its side and slammed into a procession of Catholic christians on the main street of a central Mexico town,
- July 30, 2015 ID Number Confirms Plane Fragment Found on Reunion Island Is From a 777
- July 29, attack, July 30, 2015 update FBI: Hispanic suspect in Montana robbery and shooting says native american good samaritan victim laughed at him
- July 30, 2015 Underground vault explosion triggers power outage in Long Beach CA
- July 30, 2015 Fired university cop in Samuel DuBose shooting death pleads not guilty
- July 30, 2015 Friend of boy killed from gunshot wound in Cooper City faces manslaughter charge
- July 30, 2015 14-year-old arrested for fatal Oxon Hill stabbing
- July 30, 2015 Man Bicycling Across America Killed In Oklahoma Wreck
- July 30, 2015 Boy, 8, dies after accidental shooting in SE houston
- workplace violence: 2 injured July 30, 2015 Fired worker 15 mo ago remains at large after Mulberry business shooting at boss
- July 30, 2015 Knife-Wielding Ultra-Orthdox Jewish Man On Parole for Attack 10 yrs ago Attacks Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade
- July 30, 2015 White House Blasts Graphic Planned Parenthood Video: ‘Tactic of Extremists on the Right’
- July 30, 2015 WA: SUV drives wrong way in HOV lane on SR 520
- July 30, 2015 Puyallup WA Sound Transit experiences delays after car fatal crashes into train
- July 30, 2015 Seattle cop killer Christopher Monfort sentenced
- July 30, 2015 Edith Macefield "up" house to be moved, donated to non-profit
- July 30, 2015 ‘They Threatened to Kill Her’: Wisconsin Police Warn of Terrifying New Phone Scam Going Around
- 7 homes destroyed July 30, 2015 Seven mobile homes reported destroyed in fire started in woods at marina near Isleton CA Sacramento Bee
- 1 killed in accident July 30, 2015 Nashville Christian's football player Mickey Martin killed in one-car crash
- July 30, 2015 PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be ‘hanged’ for killing Cecil the lion
- July 30, 2015 High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders 1 death a day
- July 30, 2015 18-year-old Ferndale woman killed, 3 other young women injured in I-90 1 car rollover crash
- July 30, 2015 update Judge Denies Bail for Man Accused of Stabbing His Wife, 1-Year-Old Daughter
- July 30, 2015 update Baltimore Cops’ Attorneys Just Made Two Explosive Claims In Freddie Gray Case Hiding Gray Hurt Himself not by Cops
- July 30, 2015 US agencies step up in case of Twin Cities dentist who killed Cecil the lion Minneapolis Star Tribune Separately, U.S. wildlife regulators said they will assist Zimbabwe authorities in their investigation of the shooting of the lion, known widely and affectionately as Cecil. Dentist closed office and is in hiding.
- July 30, 2015 execution March 12, 1993 bombings 257 killed Yakub Memon: India carries out execution over 1993 bomb attacks The Guardian Yakub Memon died at 7am on Thursday at Nagpur jail Memon was found to have provided logistical and financial help to those behind the bloody bombings of the stock exchange, the offices of Air India, a luxury hotel and other targets in Mumbai, India’s commercial capital, in March 1993. The blasts, which killed 257 people, are widely thought to have been the work of Muslim ganglords in Mumbai’s underworld. They followed anti-Muslim riots across India that had killed more than 1,000 people. Memon was the only one of 11 convicted people linked to the attacks to have his death sentence upheld on appeal. has carried out its third execution in under three years, hanging a former accountant convicted of involvement in a series of co-ordinated terrorist attacks that killed hundreds of people in Mumbai in 1993 Tensions are high in India after seven people, including three policemen, were killed in an attack by militants on a police station in the north-west of the emerging economic power earlier this week. Indian officials have blamed Islamic militants sent from Pakistan for the assault. Yakub Memon Wikipedia Yakub Abdul Razak Memon (30 July 1962 – 30 July 2015) was an Indian terrorist and chartered accountant, who was convicted over his involvement in the ... 1993 Bombay bombings were a series of 13 bomb explosions that took place in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on Friday, 12 March 1993. The coordinated attacks were the most destructive bomb explosions in Indian history. This was first of its kind serial-bomb-blasts across world. The single-day attacks resulted in over 350 fatalities and 1200 injuries
- July 30, 2015 Cincinnati cop pleads not guilty to murder in traffic stop AP A University of Cincinnati police officer who shot a motorist after stopping him over a missing front license plate pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter. Twenty-five-year-old Ray Tensing appeared at his...
- July 30, 2015 Charges reduced against Missouri teen in grandparents' death AP A southwest Missouri prosecutor has reduced the murder charge against an 18-year-old man accused of killing his grandparents.
- July 30, 2015 Oakdale man Nhan Tran found incompetent for trial in boy's random shooting at cars death 3:58 AM AP A 36-year-old Oakdale man accused of killing a 9-year-old boy in a random shooting has been found incompetent to stand trial. Nhan Tran is accused of randomly shooting at passing cars near his suburban home in...
- July 30, 2015 Governor weighs parole for California school bus hijacker AP California's governor will decide whether to allow parole for one of three men convicted in the kidnapping of 26 children and their school bus driver nearly 40 years ago. The hostages were taken from Chowchilla in... 1976 Chowchilla kidnapping - Wikipedia On July 15, 1976, kidnappers abducted 26 children, ages 5-14, and their school busdriver in Chowchilla, California. The kidnapped victims were eventually ...
- May 24, 2013 murder July 30, 2015 update New Hampshire man accused of hacking family to death found unfit for trial AP A 33-year-old New Hampshire man Shawn Carter accused of hacking his mother and brother to death has been found unfit to stand trial. Carter has been charged with second-degree murder in the May 2013 killings of Priscilla and Timothy Carter. The mother and son were found dead in the Sunset Drive rental home they shared with Shawn Carter. Each suffered from multiple chop wounds. The Concord Monitor reports (http://bit.ly/1SjOCwG) Man accused of killing mother, brother | Local News - WCVB ... WCVB‑TV Belmont man has been accused of killing his mother and brother in May. ... Jul 09, 2013 ... The bodies of Priscilla and Timothy Carter were found the morning of May 24 in their home at 20 Sunset Drive. tags: own family targeted
- 16 killed 30 injured July 30, 2015 A heavy 10-wheel truck went out of control after apparently losing its brakes, flipping on its side and slammed into a procession of Catholic christians on the main street of a central Mexico town, killing 16 people and injuring 30. (Fox) AUGUST 1, 2015 Muslim Jihadist Truck Driver Plows Into Catholic Religious Procession Killing 30 Wounding 150 - Muslim Jumps Out Of The Truck Yelling Allahu Akbar! This murderous assault with a truck in Mexico is a lot like the Glasgow Bin Lorry incident of last year in which 6 were killed see here>>>. The Scotland authorities refused to release the name of the bin lorry driver for over three months. The Glasgow police have yet to release the names of the two 'Muslims' sitting with the driver in the bin lorry cab. This Muslim was more successful in killing Catholics the body count is 27 and rising. The Muslim wounded 140 - so he ran over almost 200? Catholics. This was a deliberate act by a Muslim Jihadist. Mexico: Death toll 27 after truck hits religious procession Authorities were investigating the company that owns the truck and were searching for the driver, who apparently fled the scene of the crash..
- July 30, 2015 ID Number Confirms Plane Fragment Found on Reunion Island Is From a 777 nbcnews MH370 Flaperon Likely Found Near Madagascar 2:35 The airplane fragment found on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion is from a Boeing 777 — the same as missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 — sources told NBC News on Thursday.
- July 29, attack, July 30, 2015 update FBI: Hispanic suspect in Montana robbery and shooting says native american good samaritan victim laughed at him U.S. News & World Report This undated booking photo provided by the Park County, Wyoming, Sheriff's Office shows Jesus Deniz Mendoza (A.K.A Jesus Deniz), age 18 of Worland, Wyo. 18-year-old Wyoming man accused of robbing and shooting three members of a family after asking for roadside help told investigators he opened fire after one of the victims laughed at him, an FBI agent said in a court filing Thursday. Jason Shane, 51, and Tana Shane, 47, died in the Wednesday shooting in the small town of Pryor old the interviewing agents that he shot the victims because he was getting tired of waiting around, and because the daughter had laughed at him," mother, Tana Shane, drove by a young man parked on the side of the road who told her he had run out of fuel, Ada Shane said. "He's only 18, and he looked like an innocent boy," Ada Shane said. "Both my brother and sister-in-law have big hearts." Tana Shane went by her house, picked up her husband and daughter, and they drove back to the stranded car, Ada Shane said. The man pulled a gun and held it to the temple of 51-year-old Jason Shane. they recently returned from a religious revival in Window Rock, Arizona.Tana Shane told her daughter in their Native American language to run, survived with gunshot wound and graze, but parents killed Jesus Deniz who shot dead a couple opened fire after claim victim laughed at him Daily Mail Big Corn County Attorney's Office told the Daily Mail Online they believed Deniz was an American citizen of Hispanic decent. HORRIBLE: Wyoming teen kills 'Good Samaritan' couple ... therightscoop.com There is only one survivor after a 'Good Samaritan' couple and their daughter helped Jesus Deniz Mendoza get gas for his car after it ran out of gas ... Couple shot to death near Pryor; daughter survives shooting Free Republic More details emerge in yesterday's Montana double murder basinreboot.com couple had stopped to help Jesus Deniz Mendoza, who appeared to be stranded along the road. New Nation News A Pryor couple was shot to death and their daughter wounded at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday when they stopped to help a man Terrorist cover story killed Montana good Samaritans because daughter 'laughed' at him, say cops Fox News.
- July 30, 2015 Underground vault explosion triggers power outage in Long Beach KABC-TV
- Southern California Edison crews shut down several substations to investigate the cause of theexplosion, which was similar to the explosion in three electrical vaults that short-circuited a power grid in the city on July 15. The incident left nearly 5 ...
- July 30, 2015 Fired university cop in Samuel DuBose shooting death pleads not guilty CNN (CNN) Former University of Cincinnati Police Officer Ray Tensing pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter in the July 19 shooting death of Samuel DuBose. ... He thought he was going to get sucked under and killed.".
- July 30, 2015 Friend of boy killed from gunshot wound in Cooper City faces manslaughter charge Local 10 The shooting happened before 3 p.m. Thursday at a home at 10000 NW 41st St. BSO spokeswoman Dani Moschella said the boy was killed as he, his 16-year-old brother and a friend played with a handgun. When deputies arrived, they discovered the body ...
- July 30, 2015 14-year-old arrested for fatal Oxon Hill stabbing W*USA 9 OXON HILL, Md. (WUSA9) -- A 14-year-old man is accused of fatally stabbing an 18-year-old man in Oxon Hill early Thursday morning, Prince George's County police said.
- July 30, 2015 Man Bicycling Across America Killed In Oklahoma Wreck News On 6 A man bicycling across America to raise money for affordable housing died after being hit by a car in western Oklahoma Thursday morning.
- July 30, 2015 Boy, 8, dies after accidental shooting in SE houston KTRK-TV An eight-year-old child died Thursday after what police are calling an accidental shooting in southeast Houston. Police say adults left four children alone at a home in the 8400 block Tavenor Lane to go get some food.
- workplace violence: 2 injured July 30, 2015 Fired worker 15 mo ago remains at large after Mulberry business shooting at boss WTSP 10 News Mulberry, Florida -- Polk County sheriff's deputies are continuing to ask for the public's help locating Danny Coleman Thompson Jr.for shooting at MES-GCI Construction that injured two people Thursday afternoon. fired 15 months ago. found his boss walking with two other men... grabs a handgun and starts firing on the three of them. They turn and run into the building to get away, but he chases them into the building shooting two of them,
- July 30, 2015 Knife-Wielding Ultra-Orthdox Jewish Man On Parole for Attack 10 yrs ago Attacks Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade The assailant at a gay pride parade in Jerusalem was jailed for a similar attack 10 years ago. n a man jumped into the crowd, apparently from a supermarket, and plunged a knife into some of the participants, suspected perpetrator was the same assailant jailed for the stabbing of three marchers at a similar Jerusalem event in 2005. Israeli media said the suspect had been released from prison several weeks ago. Ultra-Orthodox Israeli Stabs 6 at a Gay Pride Parade for Second Time, Police Say New York Times released from prison a month ago. ... Jerusalem's annual Gay Pride Paradehas long stirred strong emotions in the city ... lesbian citizens as a badge of honor and as evidence of Israeli democracy, pointing out ... someone pushing and then seen an ultra-Orthodox man stabbing someone next to her. Repeat attacker stabs 6 at Jerusalem gay pride parade, police say CNN
- July 30, 2015 White House Responds to Latest Graphic Planned Parenthood Video: ‘Tactic of Extremists on the Right’ The Blaze Jul. 30, 2015 hite House press secretary Josh Earnest called the undercover videos of Planned Parenthood “fraudulent” as he defended maintaining federal funding for the nation’s largest abortion provider. Planned Parenthood has been quite specific about the policy and procedures that they have in place and I know that they have described those procedures as reaching the highest ethical standards,” ("less crunchy")
- July 30, 2015 WA: SUV drives wrong way in HOV lane on SR 520 Unsettling video surfaced on the Reddit showing a wrong-way driver on State Route 520 in the HOV lane. The timestamp on the video shows it happened on Thursday.
- July 30, 2015 Puyallup WA Sound Transit experiences delays after car fatal crashes into train A woman has died after a crash involving a train in Puyallup. Police closed 15 Street and East Pioneer to investigate, but it has since reopened. A Sounder Train was going northbound when it hit the car in the railway shorly after 5 p.m., according to BNSF Railyway Company. There ...
- July 30, 2015 Seattle cop killer Christopher Monfort sentenced Christopher Monfort, the man who killed a Seattle police officer in 2009, was officially sentenced to life in prison Thursday. Monfort was 41 when he killed Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton on Halloween night 2009. The same jury decided his punishment convicted Monfort last month. Monfort was also found guilty ...
- July 30, 2015 Edith Macefield "up" house to be moved, donated to non-profit The Edith Macefield house in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood that reminds many of the movie “Up” has a happy ending. It will be moved and donated to a local non-profit. The 86-year-old owner of the home at 1438 Northwest 46th Street, which is sandwiched between commercial buildings, refused to sell it ...
- July 30, 2015 ‘They Threatened to Kill Her’: Wisconsin Police Warn of Terrifying New Phone Scam Going Around The Blaze Police in Wisconsin are warning the public of a scam targeting individuals lately in the Milwaukee area. Those targeted receive a phone call from a man who claims to be holding their loved one hostage. WISN-TV spoke with a mother, who was recently targeted. “They threatened to kill her. They (said they) had a gun to her head and her boyfriend’s head,” the woman, who was not identified, told the local TV news station.
- 7 homes destroyed July 30, 2015 Seven mobile homes reported destroyed in fire started in woods at marina near Isleton CA Sacramento Bee
- 1 killed in accident July 30, 2015 Nashville Christian's football player Mickey Martin killed in one-car crash The Tennessean A Nashville Christian School football player was killed in a car crash while driving home from practice Thursday afternoon, Nashville Christian football coach Jeff Brothers said. vehicle traveled slightly off the right side of the road on a left-hand curve, and then came back across both lanes and traveled off the left shoulder into trees, one of which crashed into the driver's side door.
- July 30, 2015 PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be ‘hanged’ for killing Cecil the lion Washington Post But by far and away the most radical reaction belonged to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. PETA called for Palmer to be charged, tried and if found guilty "he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged."
- July 30, 2015 High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders 1 death a day USA TODAY Corrections and clarifications: An earlier version of this story used an incorrect first name for Maj. Travis Yates. More than 5,000 bystanders and passengers have been killed in police car chases since 1979, and tens of thousands more were injured as ...bystanders and the passengers in chased cars account for nearly half of all people killed in police pursuits from 1979 through 2013, USA TODAY found. Most bystanders were killed in their own cars by a fleeing driver.
- July 30, 2015 18-year-old Ferndale woman killed, 3 other young women injured in I-90 1 car rollover crash Q13 FOX ELLENSBURG, Wash. - An 18-year-old Ferndale woman was killed and three other young women were injured when a car they were in veered off I-90 about 6 miles west of Ellensburg and then rolled over Thursday, the State Patrol said.
- July 30, 2015 update Judge Denies Bail for Man Accused of Stabbing His Wife, 1-Year-Old Daughter NBC 10 Philadelphia A Philadelphia judge on Thursday denied bail for a man accused of stabbing his wife and 1-year-old daughter in a fit of rage at their Philadelphia home last weekend.
- July 30, 2015 update Baltimore Cops’ Attorneys Just Made Two Explosive Claims In Freddie Gray Case Hiding Gray Hurt Himself not by Cops Daily Caller (conservative) The defense attorneys for the six Baltimore cops charged in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray made two explosive claims in a court motion filed on Thursday. According to The Baltimore Sun, the officers’ attorneys are claiming that the office of Baltimore city state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby has evidence that the 25-year-old Gray had “attempted to injure himself” in police custody prior to his April 12 arrest. They also claim that Mosby had a “private meeting” with the medical examiner who conducted Gray’s autopsy days before the report was released. Mosby’s office has failed to turn that evidence over to the defense, the attorneys asserted.
Sept. 2, 2010 No Charges in 2010 Apparent Suicide Shooting of a Florida Mother New York Times An investigation ordered by Florida's governor into the shooting death of a young mother after the local police were accused of mishandling her case has found that there was not enough evidence to justify murder charges, the authorities said Wednesday. woman, Michelle O’Connell, was found fatally shot Sept. 2, 2010, at the St. Augustine home of her boyfriend, Jeremy Banks, a St. John’s County sheriff’s deputy whose weapon was used. Mr. Banks said Ms. O’Connell had used his gun to kill herself and denied having any involvement in her death.
July 18, 2015 In Wyoming, Shooting Highlights Divide Between a City and a Reservation New York Times RIVERTON, Wyo. - Roy Clyde was sick of the homeless people who linger in this city's parks, urinating in public and drinking bottles of vodka and mouthwash, he told the police. RIVERTON, Wyo. — Roy Clyde was sick of the homeless people who linger in this city’s parks, urinating in public and drinking bottles of vodka and mouthwash, he told the police. So on a recent afternoon, the police say, he grabbed his handgun, walked into an alcohol detox facility called the Center of Hope and shot two men as they lay on green floor mats, killing one and critically wounding the other. Mr. Clyde, a city parks worker, was white, and the victims were American Indians, members of the Northern Arapaho Tribe. Tribal officials have asked federal prosecutors to investigate the shooting as a bias attack. Many of the people who drink in the parks are Native Americans, as are about 85 percent of the detox facility’s clients, case of a gay Northern Arapaho member who was beaten to death by two teenagers in 2013 in what his mother later called a hate crime Roy Clyde Charged with Murder in Shooting of 2 Men ... People Jul 21, 2015 - Roy Clyde, 32, is charged with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder for shooting two men. Roy Clyde who shot man dead at detox center ... - Daily Mail ul 20, 2015 - Roy Clyde, 32, slipped into the Center of Hope facility in Riverton, Wyoming, and shot the men in their beds, police said. There was no ... Wyo. park worker shoots 2 over anger at homeless - NY ...New York Daily News Jul 21, 2015 - Roy Clyde, 32, confessed to shooting two men because he was tired of homeless Riverton Police Department ... Roy Clyde, 32, confessed to shooting two men in the head as they were in bed at the Center of Hope facility in Riverton on Saturday, police said.
July 22, 2015 Oklahoma teens accused of killing parents, siblings wanted to be more famous ... New York Daily News The Oklahoma teen brothers accused of fatally stabbing their parents and three of their siblings hoped their bloody rampage would make them more infamous than the Columbine High School shooters, local media reported. Robert and Michael Bever, 18 and 16 years old, were booked into jail as adults for their alleged role in the five stabbing deaths. The brothers planned to first kill their relatives — whom they considered to be “easy targets” — and then go after “harder” targets outside the family home,sources close to the investigation told News on 6. But their mass murder plan was cut short when police tracked them down after the kin killings.
Jul 28, 2015 Federal prosecutors charge Fla. man in ISIL Key West bomb plot USA TODAY - WASHINGTON - A 23-year-old Florida man was charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction as part of an alleged Islamic State-inspired plot to detonate a timed-explosive on a Key West beach, federal authorities said Tuesday.
July 29 fired from job when indictment annouinced.1 killed, officer indicted July 19, 2015 Cincinnati Officer Indicted in Samuel DuBose Shooting 'Felt His Life Was in ... ABC News A police officer indicted for murder "felt his life was in jeopardy" when he fatally shot a man during a traffic stop in Cincinnati earlier this month, his attorney told ABC News. Tensing worked for the University of Cincinnati Police Department for the last year and a half, said Matthews. fired Wednesday when the indictment was announced. DuBose, 43, was killed during a traffic stop on July 19 near the University of Cincinnati's campus, authorities said, noting that he was stopped because his car did not have a license plate in the front. DuBose apparently refused to provide a driver's license, produced an open alcohol bottle and a struggle ensued, during which Tensing was knocked to the ground and fired one shot into DuBose's head, according to police. University of Cincinnati Officer Indicted in Shooting Death of Samuel DuboseNew York Times Prosecutor: UC officer 'purposefully killed' DuBoseCincinnati.com
1 killed 1 arrested July 26, 2015 Santa Cruz CA Teen Fil-Am suspect lured, duct taped, raped, strangled, stabbed missing 8girl Maddy Middleton KRON4.com case of the missing Santa Cruz 8-year-old girl, Maddy Middleton, whose body was found inside a recycling bin a day after she vanished. Sources say that the murder suspect, Adrian Jerry Gonzalez, 15, who has been charged as adult with the girl’s murder, duct taped Middleton then raped, strangled and stabbed her Hunt Leads to a Body, and a Neighbor, 15 New York Times 15-year-old neighbor of hers was charged as an adult with her murder and kidnapping, as well as sexual assault...teenager, Adrian Jerry Gonzalez, known as A. J., lured the girl, Madyson Middleton, who was an acquaintance, into the apartment where he lived with his mother... who has been raising him alone, is a home health care attendant... most of her family lives in the Philippines.. tags: asian suspect, white victim, child victim
July 27 robbery July 30, 2015 Police: New Jersey grandmother was grandson's getaway driver AP Police have arrested a northern New Jersey grandmother who they say acted as the getaway driver for her grandson and his friend after a home robbery. Shortly after Monday's theft, officers received a tip that led...
July 29, 2015 Islamic State recruiting offsets 15000 killed by airstrikes in past year USA TODAY WASHINGTON - In a sign of its resilience, the Islamic State appears to have recruited new fighters to offset 15,000 militants killed in a U.S.-led airstrike campaign approaching its first anniversary, U.S. military and intelligence estimates show ...year ago, the CIA said it believed the Islamic State had between 20,000 and 31,500 fighters in Iraq and Syria. The estimate remains the same this year, according to a U.S. intelligence official,
July 29, 2015. Man dead in west Santa Rosa CA shooting Santa Rosa Press Democrat Authorities investigate the scene of a fatal shooting at a townhouse complex off West Steele Lane in Santa Rosa on Wednesday,
July 29, 2015 1 dead 5 injured 2 men critically injured in Chicago West Side shooting 1 dead, 5 wounded in shootings since Wednesday afternoon Chicago Tribune The men, ages 27 and 31, were in critical condition at Mount Sinai Hospital following the shooting about 1:15 p.m. in the 2100 block of South Harding Avenue, said Officer Nicole Trainor, a police spokeswoman.
July 29, 2015 Sacramento Midtown Street Reopened After Manhole Cover Explosion FOX40 Sacramento Fire crews are on the scene of a reported manhole cover explosion near 17th and N streets in midtown Sacramento caused by equipment failure energy release
2 killed 1 injured suspect arrested July 29, 2015 shooting Suspect in Montana family shooting is Wyoming 18-year-old AP Authorities have identified the person accused of shooting a family in Montana as an 18-year-old Wyoming man. Jesus Deniz Mendoza of Worland is being held in its detention center. Two people were killed and a third injured on Montana's Crow Indian Reservation. family was shot when they stopped to help a driver who had run out of gas Survivor of fatal Montana shooting recovering from surgery AP
July 29, 2015 3 killed, 1 injured car splits in two after losing curve in drag racing crash in Northeast Philadelphia 6abc.com 2000 model Acura TL car was traveling at a high rate of speed on a sharp turn when the driver lost control. The car split in half, ending up in the parking lot of a business… second car that may have been involved. All of the victims, two women, and a man, were inside of the vehicle that crashed.
July 29, 2015 Man chased down by 2 cars full of people and killed at Detroit Family Dollar store was shot with stolen DPD offcer gun WXYZ DETROIT (WXYZ) - Sources are telling 7 Action News that a man whose body was found behind a Detroit Family Dollar store was shot and killed with a Detroit Police Department issue firearm that was reported stolen several years ago. Police are not ... at least two cars filled with people chased down Davis, who was on foot, shooting and killing him. police are not releasing a motive, but the victim's uncle believes his nephew was set up.
July 29, 2015 Malik Ishaq, Anti-Shiite Leader in Pakistan, Is Killed Trying to Escape ... New York Times - ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - The leader of a banned Sunni extremist group that is believed to have killed hundreds of Pakistani Shiites in a series of bombings died in a shootout Wednesday after supporters tried to free him from police custody, the Pakistani ...
23 min ago ABC News
Prosecutor: NYC teen suffocated newborn son, then went shopping; baby found dead in bag...
39 min ago AP
A man who told police he put bags of garbage in his young daughter's room to mask the smell of her decomposing body was granted sole custody of the toddler during a divorce last year.
1 hr ago CBS News
He was found unconscious and bruised in a home filled with dozens of dead and dying animals.
2 hr ago AP
A judge has set bond at $350,000 for a man charged with a hit-and-run collision that left a 72-year-old man in critical condition.
Virginia police complete investigation of arrest that injured student, sparked cries of racism...
3 hr ago AP
A southwest Missouri prosecutor has reduced the murder charge against an 18-year-old man accused of killing his grandparents.
Authorities say a Deepwater man assumed his brother identity after he was stopped for not paying a toll on the George Washington Bridge. Port Authority police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says officers arrested the man after finding...
A prominent central New York physician has been sentenced to 20 years to life in prison for killing his estranged wife inside their mansion and trying to cover up the crime. Sixty-three-year-old Dr. Robert Neulander was...
Authorities say 15 people were arrested after a heroin-distribution ring in Massachusetts was broken up by police detectives. Taunton police say the 15 men and woman from six southeastern Massachusetts cities and towns were arrested Tuesday...
Police in New Hampshire say a man named Huckleberry Finn followed a woman into her home and sexually assaulted her. Polic…...
Confederate flags placed at MLK center, church in Atlanta; police, feds investigate.
Police have arrested the man they say was armed with a hammer when he robbed an Aspen marijuana dispensary of $11,000 worth of the drug. Police had been communicating with 21-year-old Hayden May through his family,...
8:36 AM AP
a little less than a mile east of the levee in Flowood. McMillian says because there were no signs of trauma to the body, the police are closing the case and no charges will be filed.
8:18 AM ABC News
Police say an 8-month-old baby is safe after a man stole a car with the child inside and led police on a chase through two counties before crashing into a tree. Kentucky State Police Trooper...
7:59 AM AP
A judge has dismissed charges filed against a Coralville man accused of sexually assaulting a woman inside a port-a-potty near the University of Iowa's Kinnick Stadium. The Iowa City Press-Citizen (http://icp-c.com/1DRMsZ4 ) says the judge last...
7:51 AM AP
Attorneys representing a man who was given the death penalty 35 years ago for raping and killing his 12-year-old stepdaughter have asked a judge to spare his life, because they claim the man has been intellectually...
7:44 AM AP
Police say a 69-year-old man has shot and wounded a man who was repossessing his vehicle in suburban Detroit.
7:25 AM AP
A federal judge has dismissed most, but not all, claims in a lawsuit that accuses eastern Kentucky disability lawyer Eric Conn of colluding with a judge to rig Social Security cases. The Courier-Journal reports (http://cjky.it/1ODzqnT) two...
7:11 AM AP
A Scott Air Force Base airman who disappeared while awaiting a court martial and was later arrested in Nevada will go to trial Aug. 24. The Belleville News-Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/1gpBy8f ) that Tech Sgt. David Helm...
7:10 AM AP
An Anchorage physician accused of defrauding the government of more than $1 million in Medicaid funding has been sentenced to three and a half years in prison. The Alaska Dispatch News reports (http://bit.ly/1eBtfnX ) Dr. Shubhranjan...
6:56 AM AP
A 60-year-old resident of an East Greenwich rooming house has been charged with stabbing his neighbor after being asked to turn down a television. Police say 54-year-old Gary Raymond was stabbed in the chest and abdomen...
6:54 AM AP
Baton Rouge police say a 37-year-old Morgan City man wanted in a shooting death in Lafayette died in a shootout with police. Lt. L'Jean McKneely tells The Advocate (http://bit.ly/1VP4lTF) Lawrence Blackburn died shortly before 10:15 p.m....
6:04 AM Opposing Views
Two days after being arrested at a wholesale food market, 42-year-old Rayette Turner was found dead in her jai...
5:41 AM AP
Authorities say three men have been arrested on suspicion of robbing a south-central Nebraska credit union office of nearly $123,000. Federal prosecutors say two of them were taken into custody on Tuesday in Chicago. They're identified...
5:27 AM AP
A Springfield woman has been held without bail after pleading not guilty to a murder charge in the 2014 shooting of a Connecticut man. The Republican (http://bit.ly/1ODxHPj ) reports that 35-year-old Doris Pessolano was also arraigned...
5:19 AM AP
Laurel police have arrested a 35-year-old man accused of kidnapped his ex-girlfriend at knife-point on Sunday. Police say the victim was held against her will at the man's home until Tuesday when she was able to...
4:50 AM AP
Authorities say a patient stabbed an employee at a midtown Manhattan doctor's office. It happened Wednesday around 10:30 a.m. Police say Kane Balser arrived for a psychiatric appointment, but was told he had the wrong day....
4:13 AM AP
Relatives of a suburban St. Louis man killed by a hit-and-run vehicle are angry after the driver received probation....
3:58 AM AP
Authorities have released the name of one of two men who were fatally shot Saturday night in south Minneapolis. The Hennepin County medical examiner identified one victim Wednesday as 20-year-old Jorge Ulises Zavaleta-Martinez of Minneapolis. Police...