October 2014 Timeline
- October 22, 2014 Infant Dead, Pedestrians Hurt as Hamas Terrorist Car Rams Train Station in Jerusalem
- 2 killed October 22, 2014 Three Gunmen Attack Canada War Memorial, Parliment
- October 22, 2014 Four former Blackwater security guards were found guilty Wednesday in the 2007 shootings of more than 30 Iraqis in Baghdad,
- October 22, 2014 Denver: Three Somali, Sudanese Teen Girls Left U.S. to Join Radicalized Terrorists
- October 22, 2014 update Hit-and-Run That Killed Canadian Soldier Is Called Terrorist Attack
- 2 injured October 22, 2014 Shooting at Israel IDF Jeep at Egyptian border
- October 22, 2014 Terrorists End Canada's Innocence
- October 22, 2014 2 killed in hospital workplace shooting, suspect suicide KHOU Two dead in pharmacy tech murder-suicide shooting at Houston hospital
- October 22, 2014 Infant Dead, Pedestrians Hurt as Hamas Terrorist Car Rams Train Station in Jerusalem A three-month-old baby is dead and at least seven pedestrians are hurt in Jerusalem after an Arab driver plowed into people waiting at a Light Rail station close to the National Police headquarters on Wednesday evening, officials said. The suspect vehicle hit and struck nine people that were waiting at the train stop. The 20-year-old driver, Abdelrahman al-Shaludi, was a resident an Arab neighborhood who had served time in an Israeli prison for security offences, and was a Hamas member who served two sentences for terror activity. Israeli Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovich said “all signs” suggested that the ramming was a terror attack,Alternative theory - bears similarity to "no motive" attacks and "accidents" in China, US and Canada by cars against civilians, police and soldiers. tags: Deliberate Accidents , vehicle attack, hamas, Israel
- 2 killed October 22, 2014 Gunman Attacks Canada War Memorial, Parliment It is believed that 3 gunmen attacked Canada's capital Ottawa as a man in all black with long hair was seen carrying a rifle, and four shots were heard fired at the soldier, who was guarding Canada's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and died of his wounds. The man ran to Parliment, jumped a wall, then stopped a car at gunpoint and carjacked his way the offices at Parliament Hill's Centre Block. Witnesses heard shots fired inside Parliament as one gunman has been confirmed dead inside the building. Police are searching for two other suspects.A nearby shopping mall, the Rideau Centre, was subsequently evacuated. This comes only two days after a man allied with ISIS ran down two, killing a soldier with his car. All military bases in Canada have been put on lock down, as well as the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa. The White House said it was too early to tell if the shootings were a terrorist attack.
- October 22, 2014 Four former Blackwater security guards were found guilty Wednesday in the 2007 shootings of more than 30 Iraqis in Baghdad, and a federal judge ordered them immediately to jail.
- October 22, 2014 Denver: Three Somali, Sudanese Teen Girls Left U.S. to Join Radicalized Terrorists October 22, 2014 by creeping Obama admin is “wrestling” with whether to charge the girls caught trying to join radicals as terrorists. via Three American Girls En Route to Syria Planned to Join Militant Groups, Official Says – ABC News. The FBI has tracked down three American teenage girls in Germany while they were en route to Syria to join militant groups, a law enforcement official told ABC News today. The girls have not been identified, but law enforcement officials said two are sisters — 15 and 17 years old — and one is 16 years old. The two sisters are from Somalia and the 16-year-old is from Sudan, according to a federal law enforcement source briefed on the case.
- June 2014 start monitoring October 20, 2014 attack October 22, 2014 update Hit-and-Run That Killed Canadian Soldier Is Called Terrorist Attack New York Times The attack, which ended with the police fatally shooting Mr. Rouleau, as he was known, came at a time when Prime Minister Stephen Harper, like most of his Western counterparts, has been vigorously denouncing the Islamic State movement and warning of ...a special antiterrorism force had begun monitoring Mr. Rouleau in June and arrested him a month later when he was about to fly to Turkey. He was released for lack of evidence that he intended to join a terrorist group. Meetings between the Mounted Police and Mr. Rouleau, 25, continued until Oct. 9.
- 2 injured October 22, 2014 Shooting at Israel IDF Jeep at Egyptian border Jerusalem Post Jeep patrol near Ezuz, on the border with Egypt came under cross-border fire on Wednesday afternoon.The IDF confirmed that the wounded are a female Karakal company commander and a male soldier.
- October 22, 2014 Terrorists End Canada's Innocence Daily Beast Canada is no stranger to terrorism, having endured the kidnappings of government officials by radical domestic terrorists known as the Front de liberation du Quebec in 1970, during what was known as the October Crisis. Mass shootings are also not unprecedented, having happened at Ecole Polytechnique in 1989 and at Dawson College in 2006. But never before has an attack so brazenly targeted Canadian institutions in the nation's capital. With at least one attack linked to Muslim extremism this week, and violence at the very symbols of Canadian democracy Wednesday, this is an unprecedented assault on my home country.
- October 22, 2014 2 killed in hospital workplace shooting, suspect suicide KHOU Two dead in pharmacy tech murder-suicide shooting at Houston hospital Ben Taub Hospital The shooting happened about 2:15 p.m. in the hospital's outpatient pharmacy. Police say a pharmacist and pharmacy tech were shot behind the glass. HPD spokesperson John Cannon said surveillance video shows the female pharmacist was at her work station when the pharmacy tech walked up and shot her from behind. The 58-year-old tech then shot himself. He died immediately, and she died about 15 minutes later. The names of the gunman and victim have not been released. Police say the tech might have been angry because the pharmacist rejected his advances
- October 2, 2014 Ukrainian military accused of repeatedly using cluster bomb rockets against .Washington Post “An employee of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was killed on October 2 in an attack on Donetsk that included use of cluster munition rockets.
- 1 killed 2 arrested October 16, 2014 Police arrest 2 men in fatal stabbing in downtown Portland The Oregonian Adam Lawrence Elder, 23, and Wesley Lawrence Curtis, 18, are suspected in the death of Marc Sundin, whose body was found collapsed on the sidewalk, dying from a stab wound to the chest. Sundin was last seen leaving on the 15th and worked as a chef. Sundin is believed to have stumbled through Lownsdale and Chapman squares before collapsing across the street from Portland's City Hall. Both suspects are homeless white men.
- 1 IED found in park October 16, 2014 Trip wire attached to improvised IED gun near Portland OR Forest Park triggered by dog, but hikers unhurt Oregonian Adrianna Rodriguez Hikers discovered trip wire attached to an improvised gun on a park trail last week. Last Thursday the carefree walk took a bizarre turn as they passed two "sketchy" looking men pass them. They noticed parachute cord stretched across the trail, but the dog stepped on it, and the line went slack. They later returned to investigate and found it was a trip wire attached to an improvised pipe gun. Bomb squad described as an improvised firearm loaded with a shotgun shell that failed to fire. (reported October 20, 2014)
- October 17, 2014 Parents Worried After Warning Threatens School Shooting At Rio Americano High SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - Extra patrols are out at Rio Americano High School after a threatening note was found in a school bathroom. School staff and sheriff's officials say that threat was located on Friday in a school bathroom.
- October 18, 2014 killing 21 update Chelsea slaying suspect had been on bail in robbery cases Boston Globe A Chelsea man accused of killing a mother of three with a stray (or targeted) bullet early Saturday was free on bail at the time, awaiting trial for two armed robberies — including one in which he allegedly pointed a gun at a man’s head, according to court records.
- October 19, 2014 Nampa ID shooting suspect surrenders to police KTVB NAMPA -- One man is in custody after an overnight shooting left another man wounded. Officers received a report of a shooting in the 7000 block of East Strafford Lane at 11:24 p.m. Sunday. They arrived to find one man with a gunshot wound. The victim ...
- 1 killed October 20, 2014 Las Vegas Stabbing victim was CCSD employee KLAS-TV LAS VEGAS -- The woman stabbed to death in a northwest neighborhood on Monday has been identified by the Clark County Coroner's office as 40-year-old Jodi Joyce.
- October 21, 2014 NYPD investigate hoax bomb outside Jay Z's 40/40 Club New York Daily News A would-be prankster placed what appeared to be a makeshift explosive into a phone booth outside Jay Z's 40/40 Club in the Flatiron District Tuesday, cops said.
- October 21, 2014 With deaths of 2 boys in Lawrence, MA 2014 fire toll mounts Boston Globe LAWRENCE - Two boys were killed early Tuesday in a fast-moving electrical fire that engulfed a six-family Lawrence apartment building and trapped them in their bedroom, the latest victims in a year that has seen the most fire-related deaths in ...
- October 21, 2014 Man Shot And Killed In El Monte CA CBS Local EL MONTE (CBSLA.com) - A man was killed Tuesday in a car-to-car shooting in El Monte, authorities said. The shooting, was reported at about 4:30 p.m, according to Los Angeles County sheriff's
- October 21, 2014 Pace girl arrested in overnight stabbing Pensacola News Journal A 14-year-old girl was arrested in Pace early Tuesday morning after non-fatally stabbing someone with a butcher knife during a domestic dispute, according to the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office.
- October 21, 2014 Report: Domestic dispute leads to stabbing at The Grove apartment complex at ...AL.com A domestic dispute Tuesday night is believed to be the cause of a stabbing in the parking lot of The Grove Apartments, adjacent to the University of South Alabama
- October 21, 2014 Student in custody for Madison Central bomb threat Jackson Clarion Ledger A 17-year-old Madison Central High School student is in custody for issuing a fake bomb threat on Tuesday. Madison Schools Superintendent Ronnie McGehee said the student has been arrested for the bomb threat on Tuesday. He said the bomb threat sent ...
- October 21, 2014 No bomb found at Rye High School; students return The Journal News RYE - Students from Rye High and Middle schools returned to their respective buildings late Tuesday morning after a bomb threat at the high school forced their temporary relocation.
- October 21, 2014 Michael Brown Autopsy Report Leaked, Truthers Still Doubt Police Story The deceased body sustained multiple gunshot wounds, three (3) to the head...It was reported that the deceased's mother was on the scene...During the struggle the Officer's weapon was un-holstered. The weapon discharged during the struggle. The deceased then ran down the roadway. Officer Wilson then began to chase the deceased. The deceased turned around and ran towards Officer Wilson. Officer Wilson had his service weapon drawn, as the deceased began to run toward him he discharged his service weapon several times...A PDF of the autopsy report.
- Source gives Darren Wilson's account of Michael Brown shooting fox2now.com FERGUSON, MO (KTVI)- Our partners at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch have released new information on two different aspects of the case.
- Woman killed by falling tree in London during UK storms The Guardian Oct 21, 2014 A woman has died after a tree fell into a street in west London during high winds caused by the remnants of hurricane Gonzalo, the ambulance service has said.
- October 19, 2014 Six Egyptian soldiers were killed in Sinai by a remotely-detonated roadside bomb. Egyptian security forces face a jihadist insurgency that has killed hundreds of soldiers and policemen since the army toppled President Mohamed Morsi of the ...
- Judge Reviews Mental State of Stabbing Suspect, 12 ABC News A Wisconsin judge is expected to decide Wednesday whether the second of two 12-year-old girls charged with stabbing a classmate to please the fictional horror character Slender Man is fit to stand trial.
- September 9, 2014 Brothers Arrested In Fatal Stabbing In San Francisco's Mission District CBS Local Luis Gutierrez (left) and Javier Gutierrez are accused of fatally stabbing Ronnie Goldman at the corner of Capp and 24th Streets in San Francisco's Mission District on September 9, 2014.
- October 8, 2014 New Theory MH370 Had Unlocked Service Hatch In Floor CNN Aviation Analyst Miles O'Brien gives a potential theory on the mystery of MH370
- It Looked Like a Stabbing, but Takata Air Bag Was the Killer New York Times Honda itself has said that two people, not including Ms. Tran, were killed by rupturing air bags, and more than 30 people injured.
- October 20, 2014 Shooting on Mass Ave. in Cambridge damages MIT Museum Boston Globe Cambridge police are investigating a shooting among the occupants of several vehicles on Massachusetts Avenue early Monday morning that caused damage to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Museum. Police received several reports of gunshots near 260-290 Massachusetts Ave. at about 1 a.m. Monday. Police said that several reports indicated that people were firing guns from at least four, and possibly five vehicles. Cambridge police spokesman Jeremy Warnick said it appeared the occupants were firing at one another, but that had not been confirmed.
- October 20, 2014 Anti-Semitic Muslim Protesters Shout‘Zionists!’ Shut Down CNN Ferguson Broadcast Pro-Palestinian activist Bassem Masri harassed a CNN reporter in Ferguson, Missouri with shouts of "Zionists!" CNN reporter Sarah Sidner was prevented from broadcasting a live report on Monday night from Ferguson, Missouri by protesters who yelled that the network is controlled by “Zionists.”... protesters continue berating Sidner, telling her they are “holding [her] accountable” for CNN being among a crop of outlets “lying to us since day one.” “If we don’t get it! Shut it down!” the crowd began to chant, as Masri declares that CNN is run by “Zionists.” Missouri resident Bassem Masri is a known left-wing, Arab pro-Palestine anti-Israel activist. Foul-mouthed Muslim chases ‘Zionist’ CNN crew out of Ferguson, Missouri by creeping Protesters Shut Down CNN Broadcast Because It’s ‘Zionist’ | Washington Free Beacon. protester Bassem Masri, whose Twitter profile touts the Palestinian cause and reads “long live Palestine.”“You fg lie about Ferguson; you lie about Occupy Wall Street; you lie about Palestine. You’re all run by Zionists,” one protester said. “We’re holding y’all accountable.”CNN broadcasts. “They’re an AIPAC-run agency,” Masri said
Shooting on St. Louis interstate critically injures two women
UPDATED atwith ages of victims. ST. LOUIS • A shooting on an interstate in downtown St. Louis left two women critically injured ...
18-year-old charged in fatal shooting on Union Street in Jersey City
University of Delaware student among 2 dead in head-on crash
Shooting on Mass Ave. in Cambridge damages MIT Museum
Officer in deadly dog shooting on leave; investigation expands
A Cleburne police officer has been placed on administrative leave following the recent deadly shooting of a couple's dog, and the investigation into the ...
Officials Say Man May Have Killed Stepdaughter, 3, Over Soiled Pants
40 Are Killed in Attacks Targeting Shiites in Iraq
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The chief executive of French oil major Total, Christophe de Margerie, was killed when a business jet collided with a snow ...
2 killed when vehicle hits police car, slams into building
LAPD: CSUN student killed after trying to sell car on Craigslist
Women from Everett, Revere killed in Jamaicaway crash