Month October 2014 Timeline ---
- 1 terroristic threat October 27, 2014 Green River Community College WA Lockdown
- October 27, 2014 Feds identify suspected 'second leaker' for Snowden reporters
- 2 terroristic threats October 27, 2014 Tacoma teens charged with 'funny' school-shooting threats
- October 27, 2014 shooting, October 29, 2014 update Man released after being cleared in North Carolina courthouse shooting
- 1 threat 1 arrested October 27, 2014 Rochester MN middle school student arrested after modified BB gun threat
- 1 terroristic threat October 27, 2014 Green River Community College WA Lockdown The Green River Community Community College wasplaced on lockdown Monday after a student made a veiled threat to a faculty member. Auburn Police said at around 10:15 a.m. Monday a student made a ‘general threat’ to a faculty member saying ‘something to the effect that there was going to be a shooting.’
- October 27, 2014 Feds identify suspected 'second leaker' for Snowden reporters Yahoo News In an interview on the radio show "Democracy Now," Scahill, who also briefly appears in "Citizenfour," says the new source described in the film provided him with a document that "outlines the rulebook for placing people on a variety of watch lists." The source is "an extremely principled and brave whistleblower" who made his disclosures "at great personal risk," Scahill says in the interview.
- October 27, 2014 Tacoma teens charged with 'funny' school-shooting threats The Seattle Times Two Franklin Pierce High School students were arrested and charged with felony harassment for making threats in two separate incidents on Monday. The first arrest occurred during the school day when two students were allegedly overheard making threats against school administrators. Both of the male students were put on an emergency expulsion and one, a 16-year-old, was arrested and charged with felony harassment, Painter said. When school let out in the afternoon, social-media chatter exploded with information and speculation about threats to the school, Painter said. Around 7 p.m., one teen 16, is alleged to have tweeted, “attention! attention! It’s me that is shooting up the school tomorrow so be prepared and goodnight! I’m shooting up the school bro! sshh
- October 27, 2014 shooting, October 29, 2014 update Man released after being cleared in North Carolina courthouse shooting Reuters- A man held on suspicion of shooting two people in front of a courthouse in North Carolina has been released by authorities, who said on Wednesday he was not the gunman.
- 1 threat 1 arrested October 27, 2014 Rochester MN middle school student arrested after modified BB gun threat Post Bulletin October 29, 2014 A 13-year-old is in custody at Many Rivers Juvenile Detention Center after police and school officials say he threatened other students with a BB gun that he had modified to look real. The suspect claimed someone had been talking about him, then pulled what the boys thought was a semi-automatic handgun from his backpack. The 13-year-old pointed it at the others, holding it against the chest of one of the boys. tags: school incident, threat, fake threat, middle school suspect
- August 7, 2014 Robin Tyrone Smith Jr. arrested in August killing of Rajinder Kumar, Exxon station clerk in Hanover, Md. Video Saturday, October 25 AP Police in Anne Arundel County have arrested Robin Tyrone Smith Jr. of Glen Burnie in the fatal shooting of a gas station clerk in August 7 robbery of an Exxon station in Hanover. During the robbery, 49 -year-old Rajinder Kumar of Glen Burnie was fatally shot.
- 1 killed by police October 23, 2014 Family, friends hold candlelight vigil for Michael Minor, Md. man fatally shot by Prince George's Co. sheriff's deputy Family, friends and coworkers gathered Sunday night for a candlelight vigil for a man who was shot and killed by police in Prince George's County. Michael Minor, 38, was shot and killed Thursday after a woman said she had been assaulted by her boyfriend and believed he had a gun. When deputies asked Minor to show his hands, refused, and was shot as he made furtive gestures. Some who gathered Sunday for the vigil believe this shooting falls into a pattern among law enforcement agencies
- October 24, 2014 Suspected Cop Killer Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Had Multiple Identities AP ELLIOT SPAGAT, Associated Press Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte was living in the United States illegally. He had been convicted in Arizona for selling drugs and he had been deported to Mexico twice. His background would have almost certainly flagged him to be expelled from the country again. But he appeared to be living quietly with his wife in a suburb of Salt Lake City until being arrested Friday, accused of going on a shooting rampage in Northern California that left two ...
- October 24, 2014 Hannah Graham case: Remains confirmed as those of missing Virginia student AP - Larry O'Dell Remains found nearly a week ago in a rural area of Virginia are those of a missing university student, authorities said Friday.
- 2 killed including suspect, man kills wife in store. October 25, 2014 San Clemente couple dead in retail workplace 'murder-suicide' Sunday, October 26 AP Authorities say a married couple is dead after a murder-suicide in a Southern California beach town boutique.Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Jeff Hallock says 59-year-old John Patrick Dillard entered the Bliss Clothing Boutique in San Clemente Saturday afternoon and fatally shot his wife and store owner 64-year-old Cynthia Jean Rosier, before he shot himself.
- October 25, 2014 9 injured in intentional car attack with dubious motive. Cops: Woman intentionally crashes car terrorist-style into storefront after turned down donate plasma CNN - Joshua Berlinger A woman who was angry that she could not donate plasma intentionally crashed her car into a local business. The woman's red Honda Accord made it 40 feet into the building. 9 were injured after the incident at DCI Biologicals. The suspect was arrested and charged with aggravated battery. There are other similar cases where cars "accidentally" crashed into medical clinic storefronts. Miller approached the clinic in her red Honda Accord, stopped in front for a moment and then appeared to step on the accelerator, sending the car careening into the building. “There was screaming, hollering. Everybody is in a state of shock,” Ford said. “I was absolutely terrified.”She reversed and hit a concrete pillar underneath the store’s awning. Who gave this woman instructions on how to attack in this manner? --
- 1 killed in random no-motive shooting October 25, 2014 Ellis Anderson shot to death near Rhode Island Avenue Metro station AP Police are investigating a fatal shooting in northeast Washington. D.C. police say 45-year-old Ellis Anderson of Northeast D.C. was fatally shot Saturday night near the Rhode Island Avenue Metro station. Police haven't identified any suspects or detailed a motive in the slaying.
- 1 dies October 26, 2014 One of 4 injured in Marysville shooting dies CNN One of four students injured when a freshman opened fire in a Washington high school cafeteria has died. Three teenagers remain hospitalized. Gia Soriano, 14, who had been in critical condition with head injuries, succumbed to her wounds, Student Zoe Galasso died at the scene. Gia died Sunday night.
- October 26, 2014 Moraccan man who talked about drone bombings faces sentencing Sunday, October 26 AP A Moroccan man who authorities say talked about flying drones with bombs into a federal building in Hartford and Harvard University is facing…
- October 26, 2014 'Hero' new woman teacher confronted gunman CNN The teenage gunman who opened fire in a high school cafeteria in Washington state last week may have had more victims had it not been for the bold actions of a young teacher.
- October 26, 2014 Spokane police investigating attacks on homeless AP Police in Spokane are investigating reports that a suspect is attacking or threatening people, most of them homeless, with pepper spray.One victim, William Faust, told police he was attacked twice by the same man. In one case, Faust say
- October 23, 2014 Prince George's County Sheriff's Office identifies deputy who shot, killed unarmed man in Suitland home Sunday, October 26 AP - Brad Bell The Prince George's County Sheriff's Office has identified the deputy who fatally shot a man after responding to a domestic violence call involving a gun. a man appeared at the front door and confronted them. The sheriff's office says Wade shot the man, who later died at a hospital. ABC7's Brad Bell has reported that sources say the man was unarmed, but was taunting officers
- October 26, 2014 1 girl killed in shooting at occupied home 10-year-old girl killed in Kansas City KS drive-by shooting into home KMBC Kansas City The shooting comes a little more than a week after Angel Hooper, 6, was killed in a drive-by shooting outside a Kansas City convenience store.the girl was shot while inside her home about 7:15 p.m. 3 to 7 people were inside the home at the time of the shooting, police said. The victim was later identified as Machole Stewart.
- October 25, 2014 Woman suspected DUI crashed after Eluding Troopers Near Trinidad Colorado Saturday, October 25 AP The Colorado State Patrol says a woman was injured after crashing while trying police gave up the chase when she fled a traffic stop for suspected drunk driving on Interstate 25 near Trinidad.
- 1 murder or suicide 1 arrest October 30, 2012 Attorneys: Exorcism drove confession in IHOP death or apparent suicide Saturday, October 25 AP - Bill DraperAttorneys say exorcism prompted man to falsely confess to killing prayer group leader's wife. A suburban Kansas City man who confessed to killing the wife of his prayer group leader had just undergone an exorcism to expel demons when he gave his account to police, his attorneys said in a motion to exclude those statements from his trial next month. Micah Moore, 25, formerly of Grandview, wasn't in his right mind in November 2012 when he confessed to killing Bethany Deaton, his attorneys said, and he recanted it after getting some sleep.Deaton's body was found inside her locked minivan at Longview Lake MO on Oct. 30, 2012, with her death staged to look like suicide with a loosely tied bag over her head and a suicide note and empty 100-count bottle of acetaminophen nearby. It had been ruled suicide until the confession. tags: clergy victim, recanted confession, exorcism, Missouri
- October 24-October 26, 2014 3 killed 30 injured 3 killed, 30 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings Chicago Sun-Times Three people were killed and at least 30 other people have been injured in shootings across the city since Friday night.
- October 26, 2014 1 killed 1 Killed In Possible East Oakland Road Rage Shooting CBS Local A 30-year old woman was shot and killed in East Oakland Sunday afternoon in an apparent road-rage incident, The woman was a passenger in a car driven by her husband when another driver fired a shot into the car. Police suspect some kind of confrontation with the suspect vehicle, rather than a mysterious unprovoked random no-motive attack.
Road Ranger killed by hit-and-run driver, FHP says
Police are looking for a hit-and-run driver who killed a Road Ranger on Interstate 95 earlymorning. Road Ranger Arnold Metellus was ...An Interstate 95 Road Ranger beside a disabled car was killed in a hit-and-run accident at 1 a.m. Sunday in Boca Raton, leaving Florida Highway Patrol officers to sift debris in hopes of identifying the killer’s vehicle.
Arnold Metellus, 59, of Boynton Beach was standing by the open driver’s-side door of the disabled Dodge Charger, which was parked on the east shoulder of northbound I-95, south of Palmetto Park Road. A car described as either a gray or silver SUV struck him and the 2011 Charger and fled down the Palmetto Park Road exit.
Officers have broken car parts from the scene that may help them identify the car that hit the Road Ranger, Sgt. Mark Wysocky, FHP spokesman, said Sunday.
Lamarr Houston potentially injured celebrating sack down 25 points
And the talking heads killed Oakland for letting this guy walk. Weak production and an injury during a sack dance down 25 points. Nice investment in a ...
Bears' Lamarr Houston injures himself celebrating sack during blowout loss - For The Win - USA Today
Motorbike theft prompts Edinburgh city centre lockdown
More than 800 killed in 40 days of clashes in Syrian city of Kobani
Brother of British jihadi killed in Syria charged under Terrorism Act
Woman Struck, Killed By SUV While Walking To Work In Brooklyn
Canadian hockey fans pay tribute to soldiers killed in attacks
Ten civilians killed as Yemeni Houthis advance into Qaeda stronghold
Dionisio Soldevila on Twitter: "Confirmed: Cardinals' prospect Oscar Taveras waskilled in a car ...