Month October 2014 Timeline ---
- 1 wounded 1 arresteed October 19, 2014 Nampa ID shooting argument suspect surrenders to police
- 2 killed 1 injured October 19, 2014 shooting after Richmond VA party argument
- 1 killed 1 injured October 19, 2014 Man killed, woman injured in Palmdale CA birthday party shooting
- 1 wounded 1 arresteed October 19, 2014 Nampa ID shooting argument suspect surrenders to police KTVB NAMPA Man found shot after argument in home. Suspect 31-year-old Noel Rios turned himself in to police charged with felony aggravated battery and being a felon in possession of a firearm. Detectives say Rios shot the victim after an argument.
- 2 killed 1 injured October 19, 2014 shooting after Richmond VA party argument RICHMOND, Va. — Two men were killed and one woman was hurt in a triple shooting in South Richmond. at around 2:30 Sunday morning for a person shot. When officers arrived minutes later, they found three shooting victims. Two of the victims, both men, died at the scene. The third victim, a woman, was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- 1 killed 1 injured October 19, 2014 Man killed, woman injured in Palmdale CA house party shooting PALMDALE – A 24-year-old man was killed and a woman was injured early Sunday morning when a fight escalated into a shooting at a birthday party in Palmdale, authorities said. 2:20 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 19 at a residence “Detectives have learned that a birthday party was being hosted at the location when an argument turned into a physical altercation in the front yard,” Gomez stated. “The suspect, now identified as 27-year-old Alejandro Rivera, retrieved a firearm and shot 24-year-old Miguel Perez and a female…”
- 1 killed, 1 charged October 11, 2014 Philippine Police Accuse US Marine in Murder Case AP abcnews Oct 15, 2014 · Philippine police charged Oct 15 that Marine Pfc. Joseph Scott Pemberton picked up victim Jennifer Laude at a bar northwest of Manila, checked into a hotel where she was later found drowned with her head in the toilet bowl.
- 1 false threat school lockdown October 17, 2014 Police say false report sent SWAT team, locked down high school in Manchester NH WMUR Manchester A standoff in Manchester prompted a lockdown at Central High School, but police said the concerns that led to the standoff Manchester police said they initially thought they were dealing with a hostage situation, and a SWAT team was dispatched to a neighborhood behind Central High School.But police said they learned that no hostages were taken, and they are now considering charges against the person who made the original report. The concerns led to Central High School being put into lockdown as a precaution Alternative theory - was this an attempt to lock down the high school with a false neighborhood theat? "It's the second time since school started that there's been a lockdown because of something in the neighborhood, and that's scary,"
- October 18, 2014 Middletown man killed in freak farm towing accident The News Journal A farm worker was killed early Saturday in a freak accident at a Middletown farm, state police said. A tractor being operated by 64-year-old Robert L. Baker, of Odessa, was pulling a grain hopper, which had a tow strap attached to the back, and was attempting to pull out a tractor-trailer fully loaded with corn that was stuck in the mud, Fournier said. As Baker started to pull, the tow hook broke loose and went through the driver's side windshield, striking the tractor-trailer's operator, George R. Lynam Jr., of Middletown, 66, in the upper torso, Fournier said.
- 2 killed in two shootings October 18, 2014 Stray Bullet Kills Innocent Woman In Chelsea CBS Local CHELSEA (CBS) - Two people were killed during a pair of overnight shootings in Chelsea that investigators do not believe were connected. One woman was shot when she looked out of her window to look at a commotion on the street. Another man was shot in a club.
- 1 injured 3 arrested in stabbing October 18, 2014 3 Arrested In Vacaville CA For Stabbing, Robbing Homeless Man CBS LocalA failed robbery of a jogger apparently helped Vacaville Police catch three young men suspected of stabbing and robbing a homeless man Saturday morning.
- September 3, 2012 Border Patrol shoots man throwing rocks, kills family man A family outing, then a deadly Border Patrol shooting Los Angeles Times At a family picnic on the river border, Guillermo Arevalo Pedraza was shot and killed by an agents with a M-4 rifle on a boat who was firing at a person throwing rocks at them from their side of a the river. Four Border Patrol agents have been killed in the line of duty since 2006. Two were shot to death, one was run over by a suspected smuggler, and one was shot by other agents after he mistakenly opened fire on them. Records show agents have shot 34 times from boats since 2006. Border Patrol leaders initially rejected the panel's recommendation to prohibit agents from shooting rock throwers unless their lives were in jeopardy
Police: Two Killed, Nine Wounded In Overnight Shootings Citywide
Family Identify 4 Kids, 2 Adults Killedin Blaze
Vigil held for women killed in 'suspicious' fire, victims ID'd as Celia Cruz Reyes, Samantha Welch
Man, 21, shot and killed outside home on Cleveland's East Side
200 years ago today, the London Beer Flood killedeight people
2020 10/17: Woman Claims to Police Husband Was Killed by Intruder
20/20 full episode recap, October 17, 2014: TV Interview Leads to Woman Going on Trial for Murder; Bombshell Witness Takes Stand at Woman's ...