Month October 2014 Timeline ---
- 1 killed 1 injured October 14, 2014 2 Americans shot at Saudi Arabia gas station, one killed
- October 14, 2014 Asian Man Stabbing People on Chinatown Casino Bus Fatally Shot
- 1 killed June 15, 2014, charged October 14, 2014 Boyfriend charged in murder, dismemberment of Michigan woman
- shooting October 14, 2014 Update: Police say Long Island shooting was gang-related
- 1 killed October 14, 2014 Fatal Panama City shooting
- October 14, 2014 New Albany Ohio High School evacuated after bomb threat
- 2 killed October 14, 2014 Brookhaven 2 high school football players killed in head-on crash in teen no-license vehicle homicide
- October 14, 2014 Parts of Surf City evacuated over bomb threat
- college bomb threat October 14, 2014 Assumption College in Worcester MA remains closed after bomb threat
- 2 injured 1 arrested October 14, 2014 Bodio S. Hutchinson Attacks Boston Park Rangers
- 4 killed October 14, 2014 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two children are among a family of four exterminated by caliphate bombers. rop
- 21 killed October 14, 2014 (Kadhimiyah, Iraq) - A horrific caliphate suicide attack leaves twenty-one dead.rop
- October 14, 2014 2 Americans shot at Saudi Arabia gas station, one killed Heavy "One American is dead after the shooting, according to police. The Saudi Arabia national news agency reports that the shooting happened at 2:50 p.m. in the afternoon. Al Arabiya reports that the shooting took place in a gas station in eastern Riyadh, close to the country’s largest sports stadium, the King Fahd International Stadium." The suspect was arrested, no reports of terrorism. The last attack on Americans was in October 2013 when American Muslims were on a pilgrimmage to Mecca.
- October 14, 2014 Asian Man Stabbing People on Chinatown Casino Bus Fatally Shot ABC News A man who slashed two passengers in a box-cutter rampage aboard a casino-bound tour bus was shot to death on Interstate 95 by a Connecticut state trooper, who also accidentally shot one of the injured passengers, authorities said Wednesday. Connecticut trooper kills casino bus stabber on I-95 LoHud.com state police were having trouble identifying the suspect, a man believed to be in his 30s and described as Asian because he did not carry identification. 2 passengers were cut, and one of the two was also shot by accident by the officer. Still no sign of a motive. Connecticut Trooper Fatally Shoots Man Stabbing Passengers On Chinatown Casino Tour Bus Huffington Post HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A man who stabbed two passengers in a rampage aboard a casino-bound tour bus was shot to death on Interstate 95 by a Connecticut state trooper, who accidentally shot a third passenger, authorities said Wednesday. mayhem on the Dahlia bus carrying about 24 passengers from Chinatown in New York City to the Mohegan Sun casino in southeastern Connecticut began around 10 p.m. Tuesday, state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said. The bus driver pulled over in a highway construction zone in Norwalk and flagged down a state trooper on duty at the site. Many people on the bus were Asian and state police were dealing with a language barrier in interviewing them, As the trooper approached the bus, the suspect and a passenger "were engaged in physical combat, rolled off the bus and onto the pavement of the highway," Vance said. The man, who has not been identified yet, also intentionally injured himself. Comment: Chinese bus again. On Sunday, another Chinese bus crashed in East Lyme, causing fatal accident farther North nytimes: Simon Lee, 65, who has been driving a bus to Mohegan Sun for Dahlia for 10 years, said that disruptions on the buses were common.
- June 15, 2014, charged October 14, 2014 Boyfriend charged in murder, dismemberment of Michigan woman CBS News Theresa DeKeyzer's body was found in September, three months after she went missing in June. According to the station, her body was found entombed in cement inside a 55-gallon drum that was apparently bolted to the floor of a small trailer at Travel Trailer Storage in Wayne County's Plymouth Township.Police say Wobbe initially told authorities that he last saw her in mid-June near her Warren home. Prior to his arraignment Tuesday, Wobbe had been in custody for violating probation in a Midland County drug case. timeline myfoxdetroit June 15, Dekeyzer victim of alleged assault by suspect Wobbe, June 16 Wobbe said he dropped off the victim. June 19 victim reported missing by her family
- shooting October 14, 2014 Update: Police say Long Island shooting was gang-related Suffolk Times Update: The three men arrested in connection with the early Tuesday morning shooting in Southold are members of the MS-13 street gang, police said today. MS-13 gang, also known as Mara Salvatrucha, originated in Los Angeles and comprises Central Americans commonly from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, according to the federal Department of Justice.
- 1 killed October 14, 2014 Fatal Panama City shooting was targeted incident; fourth suspect sought The News Herald The shooting death of a local teenager on Tuesday was a targeted attack and not a random act of violence, the Panama City Police Department reported. It appeared the shooting was unprovoked. The PCPD investigation revealed four men fled the scene in a blue, late-model Grand Marquis which was found nearby.
- October 14, 2014 New Albany Ohio High School evacuated after bomb threat Columbus Dispatch Students are returning to New Albany High School this morning after an evacuation yesterday afternoon prompted by a bomb threat found in a girls bathroom.
- October 14, 2014 Brookhaven 2 high school football players killed in head-on crash in teen no-license vehicle homicide WAPT Jackson Broohaven High School students were meeting with counselors and some left school early Wednesday after learning that two classmates had been killed in a car crash. Their truck was hit head-on by a Hummer. Victims are both 18-year-old seniors and members of the football team, had been at a softball game before the crash, authorities said. police have charged Charles Acy, 18, with two counts of vehicular homicide, driving with a suspended license and no proof of insurance. Suspect driver is white, two athletes are black.
- October 14, 2014 Parts of Surf City evacuated over bomb threat; bomb safely detonated myfox8.com SURF CITY, N.C. - An explosive device was discovered in a vacant Surf City home Tuesday afternoon, WECT reports. “Parts of the town” were evacuated as police investigated.
- college bomb threat October 14, 2014 Assumption College in Worcester MA remains closed after bomb threat Worcester Telegram Many Assumption College students moved to Worcester Polytechnic Institute after a bomb threat was made to Assumption. Assumption freshman Binta Paye of Providence packs her things after getting a few hours of sleep on a cot in WPI's Harrington ...
- 2 injured 1 arrested October 14, 2014 Bodio S. Hutchinson Attacks Boston Park Rangers 4:30 p.m. two national park rangers went to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument on the Boston Common park after a report of Bodio S. Hutchinson, a black homeless man was there with a knife. The rangers used pepper spray with no effect, as Hutchinson allegedly lunged, stabbing each ranger about five times and severing an artery in one ranger’s abdomen who was in critical condition. The rangers are not police officers and do not carry guns. Police chased the suspect into the Public Garden, threw a knife into the pond, and turned on officers and crouched as if to attack shouting “Shoot me, shoot me,” before he was tackled and handcuffed. Suspect pleaded not guilty to charges including armed assault with intent to murder. His lawyer says he “suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and has no memory of the attack”, and was raised by an alcoholic and abusive father, failed by his family, and left to fend for himself at a young age. It was only the latest in a long series of history of bizarre and violent attacks on strangers and law enforcement including episodes of savage biting, with 17 convictions even more arrests as of 2013. Many blame the incident on the failure of the mental health system and racism, rather than terrorist nature of the attacks including 3 attacks on police.
- October 14, 2014 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two children are among a family of four exterminated by caliphate bombers. rop
- October 14, 2014 (Kadhimiyah, Iraq) - A horrific caliphate suicide attack leaves twenty-one dead.rop