Daily Misfortune Month November 2014 ---
- November 11, 2014 update NYC Driver who killed girl, 3, has traffic tickets dismissed
- November 11, 2014 OKC Police Look For Suspect Who Attacked Woman With Baseball Bat KWTV CBS Oklahoma City
- 5 killed by fire November 11, 2014 New Orleans House Fire Kills Grandmother, Mother, Children
- November 11, 2014 Alleged Wash. 4chan killer Kalac threated ex, too, she claims
- 300 killed captain convicted November 11, 2014 Lee Joon-Seok, Captain Of Doomed South Korea Ferry, Sentenced To 36 Years In Prison
- 4 injured November 11, 2014 4 Injured in propane Explosion, Fire at Turano Baking Company
- 1 injured 1 arrested November 11, 2014 Cops: Arrest in stabbing at St. James Funeral Home Newsday A Hispanic Patchogue man faces an assault charge
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 Man dies in stabbing outside Somerset school WKYT
- November 11, 2014 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after shooting in Coachella
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 Shooting Investigation Underway In Highland Park CBS Los Angeles
- 1 threat November 11, 2014 Bomb threat at Michigan Rockford High School determined false
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 Syracuse police investigating fatal shooting
- 2 cars destroyed November 11, 2014 North Columbus Car Fires Considered Suspicious
- November 11, 2014 Angry husband dumps soon-to-be ex-wife's Corvette into rive
- November 11, 2014 Bridgeport man pleads guilty to murder charge
- November 11, 2014 Kidnapped woman covered in bite marks rescued by Ga. police
- 2 killed October 25, 2014 Nov. 11 update Suspect named in 2 Santa Fe slayings in car
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 San Antonio VIA Bus Man Looking For Fight Shoots Random Passenger
- 1 killedNovember 11, 2014 Police: Man Dies after Attempting to Break up Argument Assault on Woman in Maplewood MN Bar
- November 11, 2014 update NYC Driver who killed girl, 3, has traffic tickets dismissed The parents of a 3-year-old New York City girl who was fatally struck by an SUV car while crossing the street with her grandmother say they are furious the driver isn't being punished Last year, 3-year-old Allison Liao was fatally struck by an SUV as she crossed the street with her grandmother in the borough of Queens. The driver stayed at the scene and received two traffic tickets, but a judge at the DMV dismissed them in July
- November 11, 2014 OKC Police Look For Suspect Who Attacked Woman With Baseball Bat KWTV CBS Oklahoma City Oklahoma City police are looking for a suspect who is accused of attacking a woman with a baseball bat Tuesday morning.
- 5 killed by fire November 11, 2014 New Orleans House Fire Kills Grandmother, Mother, Children NEW ORLEANS (AP) Investigating fire killed two adults and three children. fire was reported around 12:15 a.m. Tuesday. McConnell says an elderly woman, her daughter and her three grandchildren were killed. He says the children's father escaped uninjured.
- November 11, 2014 Alleged Wash. 4chan killer Kalac threated ex, too, she claims Nov 11, 2014 New York Daily Jessi Foster dated David Kalac the Kitsap County man who confessed to strangling his current girlfriend and posting photos of her dead body online
- 300 killed captain convicted November 11, 2014 Lee Joon-Seok, Captain Of Doomed South Korea Ferry, Sentenced To 36 Years In Prison 36-year prison sentence to the captain of a sunken ferry, was professionally negligent and abandoned his passengers during the disaster in April that killed more than 300 people. The chief engineer got 30 years, and 13 other crew members were sentenced to up to 20 years in prison
- 4 injured November 11, 2014 4 Injured in propane Explosion, Fire at Turano Baking Company Garage, Trucks afire NBC Chicago An explosion and three-alarm fire tore through a Turano Baking Company building in suburban Oak Park on Tuesday, leaving four people injured and engulfing bread delivery trucks in flames. Chicago Tribune: propane tank exploded and started a fire that destroyed a truck maintenance garage for Turano Baking Co. in Oak Park on Tuesday afternoon, officials said. The explosion occurred around 2:15 p.m. as workers were changing a propane tank in a truck, Oak Park fire Battalion Chief Kevin Wiley said. The workers thought the tank was empty, but it was full and shot into the air, causing the brick walls of the structure to collapse, Wiley said.
- 1 injured 1 arrested November 11, 2014 Cops: Arrest in stabbing at St. James Funeral Home Newsday A Patchogue man faces an assault charge in connection with a stabbing at a St. James funeral home, Suffolk County police said.
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 Man dies in stabbing outside Somerset school WKYT She has children….and he has a child too,” Conatser said. “Popche had already brandished a knife and began stabbing her,” Captain Shannon Smith said of what happened after Rodriguez tried to get out of the car.
- November 11, 2014 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after shooting in Coachella The Desert Sun One person is dead and a second is hospitalized Tuesday night after a shooting that has police investigating multiple crime scenes in a Coachella neighborhood.
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 Shooting Investigation Underway In Highland Park CBS Los Angeles Police responded report of a shooting about 9:20 p.m. Tuesday, police saw suspect who fled on foot and escaped. Victim died, no motive, no suspect
- 1 threat November 11, 2014 Bomb threat called into Rockford HS (WZZM) - Rockford High School was put on "shelter-in-place" for a short while Tuesday afternoon due to a bomb threat. Bomb threat at Rockford High School determined false Michigan Live Someone called the high school and said "There is a bomb in your high school"
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 Syracuse police investigating fatal shooting on Park Avenue The Post-Standard SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A man was killed Tuesday night in a shooting that left police with no immediate suspects.
- 2 cars destroyed November 11, 2014 North Columbus Car Fires Considered Suspicious WCMH NBC Columbus - Joe Clark Investigators have been called after two early morning car fires are ruled suspicious.
- November 11, 2014 Angry husband dumps soon-to-be ex-wife's Corvette into river Nov 11, 2014 New York Daily - Lee Moran The 50-year-old man allegedly took the 1990 vehicle from his wife's new home Monday, and then pushed it off the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge. Corvette dumped into river triggers search PHILADELPHIA It started as a rescue story, but authorities said it turned out to be a marriage apparently beyond saving. A man going through a divorce sent the red Corvette his wife drives plunging into a river, triggering a search for a possible victim inside, police said.
- November 11, 2014 Bridgeport man pleads guilty to murder charge WTNH ABC New Haven BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WTNH) â Trumaine Hearst of Bridgeport has pleaded guilty to a federal murder charge. Â The charge stems from his involveme…
- November 11, 2014 Kidnapped woman covered in bite marks rescued by Ga. police New York Daily Police rescued a woman covered in bite marks from an attempted kidnapping Sunday when five assailants dragged the victim out of a Georgia motel in broad daylight.
- 2 killed October 25, 2014 Nov. 11 update Suspect named in 2 Santa Fe slayings November 11, 2014Albuquerque Journal - Andy Stiny motive unclear but suspect was acquainted with the young shooting victims Ricardo “Ricky” Martinez, 20, has been named as a suspect in the deaths of two teenagers who were found shot to death Oct. 25 in a car south of Santa Fe. A witness also has identified Martinez as a man he saw after hearing shots at the murder scene.
- 1 killed November 11, 2014 San Antonio VIA Bus Man Looking For Fight Shoots Random Passenger Zachary Gonzalez has been arrested and will be facing murder charges for allegedly shooting fatally a man Donovon Rae Arzola, 23 inside a VIA bus The suspect allegedly boarded VIA bus 224 and was 'looking for a fight." The suspect tried to get a reaction from others but when he sat across from the Arzola and said "What are you looking at?" After Arzola replied "nothing," the suspect shot him multiple times.
- 1 killedNovember 11, 2014 Police: Man Dies after Attempting to Break up Argument Assault on Woman in Maplewood MN Bar that after an argument in the bar, a woman associated with Smith and another male suspect began to assault a woman at the bar. Figueroa, a married father of three, stepped in an attempted to break up the assault, but was knocked to the floor and kicked in the face and head by Smith and the other man. He refused treatment and was to got to the hospital, but he fell ill at home and was pronounced dead there.
- May 1, 2012 missing November 5, 2014 update Gavin Smith “Killed In The Car” L.A. Sheriff's Dept Says Of Former Fox Executive's Death - Deadline.com . “There was evidence in the car that indicated he was killed in the car,” today, one day after it was confirmed that Gavin Smith’s body was found last week. The 57-year-old Smith went missing on the evening of May 1, 2012. The greatly deteriorated body of the former college basketball player was discovered on October 26 in “a shallow grave” by hikers in Angeles National Forest... declared a homicide in March 2013 after Smith’s Mercedes was found that February in storage locker belonging to John Creech, who, though currently in custody on an 8-year unrelated drug sentence, was declared the person of interest in the case, as he was free at the time, and knew the exec.
- 1 killed November 4, 2014 'American horror story': Pennsylvania 3-year-old allegedly tortured, killed Washington Post Inside a mobile home in West Caln, a Pennsylvania township some 40 miles from Philadelphia, 3-year-old Scott McMillan lived his last three days of ... the boy’s mother and her boyfriend allegedly used a homemade whip, a curtain rod, an aluminum strip — even a frying pan — to beat him. Fellenbaum told investigators he felt “disrespected” by 3-year-old Scott. Tait discovered he wasn’t breathing. Authorities found an unresponsive toddler with bruises, puncture wounds and blood pouring from his nose and ears.
- 1 killed November 8, 2014 Teenage cancer patient shot and killed outside Texas home Fox News 15-year-old Ryan Lara was moving his parents’ car from the street into their garage when he was shot Saturday night.
- 1 standoff, 0 injuries, 1 arrested November 10, 2014 Norman Oklahoma Office Hostage Standoff 29-year old Devin Rogers with a military background was armed with a pistol when he entered the Nextep office building at 12:26 p.m. and took a man and a woman hostage inside a law firm that deals with immigration law.. at 1:15 p.m., 25 to 30 people in the building were released and ran out with hands up. Access roads were closed, freeway traffic was backed up with gawkers. Community Christian School was on lockdown, and a preschool was on soft lockdown. He surrendered after a four-hour standoff, with no injuries. No motive is known or speculated. Conspiracy sites declared it a "staged hoax orchestrated by the terminally corrupt, lying, thieving arch-Zionist cabal."
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Sean Petrozzino Amputee of interest shoots self at Memphis traffic Stop Sean Petrozzino committed suicide in Memphis. The quadruple amputee was a person of interest in the murder of his parents Nancy and Michael in Orlando. The Memphis NBC affiliate reports he was stopped in a 2012 Toyota Camry Monday night for an illegal u-turn. He shot himself as Memphis police officers approached the car.
- 1 attacked November 8, 2014 Veteran Fears For His Safety After Getting Attacked Video KCNC CBS Denver A veteran who lives in Aurora and uses a wheelchair says he's worried after he was attacked in his home by a robber.
- November 7, 2014 Cab driver calls in complaint, gets arrested WIVB CBS Buffalo - Emily Lenihan A cab driver was arrested early Friday morning, after reporting someone skipped out on a fare. They did not find the fare jumper, but the cabbie had a suspended driver’s license for allegedly failing to pay child support, and had outstanding warrants from the City of Buffalo.
- November 7, 2014 Southern Illinois man charged in shotgun slaying of man in car November 11, 2014 St. Louis Post-Dispatch Jeffrey Harris was found shot to death in his car. Authorities say Farnsworth shot Harris with a 12-gauge shotgun
- June 25, 2013 "accident" November 10, 2014 Texting otorist draws 2 years in motorcyclist’s death Nov 11, 2014 AP judge sentenced a 25-year-old woman to two years in prison on a manslaughter conviction after she caused an accident while texting that resulted in the death of a motorcyclist. Stephanie Clavell was sentenced in connection with the June 25 2013 accident that killed 53-year-old Terrence Doyle Driver Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter in Wolcott Fatal Crash pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter, not guilty to operating an unregistered motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle with a hand-held telephone... arrested her on July 15, 2013 after she turned herself into police.
- 2 robberies November 7, 2014 Police issue alert after robberies in Lincoln Square WFLD FOX Chicago Police issued an alert after two Friday night robberies in that occurred in the Lincoln Square and Uptown neighborhoods on the North Side.
- 1 killed November 6, 2014 Police searching for hit and run driver who killed land surveyor in NE Houston KPRC Houston surveyor was standing on the sidewalk in the 400 block of Jensen when he was hit by a black Toyota Camry around 2:30 p.m. later died The male driver got out of the car and fled the scene on foot, said police.
- November 10, 2014 Jodi Arias' Lawyers File Motion To Dismiss All Charges Against Her (AP) â Attorneys for convicted murderer Jodi Arias have filed a motion to dismiss all charges against her, alleging prosecutorial misconduct. The motion filed late Monday alleges a computer forensic expert hired by the defense discovered that thousands of files were deleted from the computer of Arias' ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, while it was in police custody. The Arizona Republic reports (http://bit.ly/1AY89d7 ) that most of the files were pornographic. Mesa police personne...
- November 10, 2014 SFPD Holds Town Hall Meeting With Potrero Hill Residents To Discuss Officer-Involved Shooting KPIX CBS San Francisco Both community members and police agreed that there is too much gun violence in the Potrero Hill projects and that San Francisco's young people shouldn't have to be exposed to it.
- November 10, 2014 Police looking for help identifying car prowler in Puyallup KCPQ FOX Tacoma - Tina Patel Car prowls continue to be a problem around Western Washington, but police in one city are hoping to identify at least one crook who was caught on camera.
- November 7, 2014 Waffle House shootout WGNO ABC New Orleans search for two men who police say got into a shootout at the Waffle House 7:30 Friday morning, the pair began arguing inside the restaurant then began firing at one another once they moved outside to the parking lot.
- Soccer team celebrating victory has equipment stolen outside restaurant Video Monday, November 10 KMOV CBS St. Louis
- Police searching for suspect who robbed woman in Metro East parking lot Video Monday, November 10 KMOV CBS St. Louis
- Deadly Pine Lawn officer-involved shooting ruled justified Video Monday, November 10 KMOV CBS St. Louis
- Woman posing as valet driver at area hospitals arrested Video Monday, November 10 KMOV CBS St. Louis
- Police investigating possible homicide near Forest Park Monday, November 10 KMOV CBS St. Louis
- November 7, 2014 Connecticut Congresswoman Capitol Hill home broken into http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014/11/11/delauros-capitol-hill-home-broken-into/ WJLA ABC Washington - Jennifer Donelan WASHINGTON (WJLA) – What a week it was for Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut. Last Tuesday, DeLauro was reelected to her 13th term in office. Just 72 hours later, her Capitol Hill home was broken into. According to court documents, her husband, political strategist Stan Greenberg, got there while the armed man was still inside.
- St. Louis police are investigating two suspicious deaths Monday, November 10 St. Louis Post-DispatchOne man shot on Pershing, the other found dead on Russell
- Would-be burglar confronted by homeowner in Fishers subdivision Monday, November 10 WTHR NBC Indianapolis Officers have established a perimeter in the Windermere subdivision as they continue to search for the suspect.
- FBI report says U.S. violent crimes, property crimes down Monday, November 10 Tennessean National violent crimes decreased an estimated 4.4 percent in 2013, according to the FBI.
- Meridian-Kessler neighbors to hold public safety meeting with police tonight Monday, November 10 WTHR NBC Indianapolis After an armed robbery and several business break-ins, neighbors and police are working together to prevent crime. They've planned a public safety meeting Tuesday night.
- Major Case Squad is activated after a body is found in a car trunk in East St. Louis Monday, November 10 St. Louis Post-Dispatch Firefighters found the body after the car was on fire
- Leniency wasted on young Chesterfield man, now a convicted felon Monday, November 10 Richmond Times-Dispatch Two years ago, Stephen A. Martin, then 19, was given a chance to redeem himself for breaking into cars in his neighborhood by holding a handwritten sign After leniency, young Chesterfield man becomes a felon
- Brown U. seeks information on date rape drugsMonday, November 10 WPRI CBS Providence - Steve Nielsen A Brown University student who told campus police she was sexually assaulted has tested positive for the date rape drug GHB, and a second reported victim is awaiting test results.
- Mom hopes son's accidental shooting death serves as lesson Monday, November 10 WTHR NBC Indianapolis - Naomi Pescovitz The mother of a five-year-old killed in an accidental shooting over the weekend hopes other families will learn from the incident.
- Police: Two People Hide Out In Target & Steal From Store After Hours Monday, November 10 WFOR mynetworktv Miami Surveillance cameras captured two people stealing from a Plantation Target after the store closed.
- Springfield suspect to 911: ‘I put her in the freezer’ Monday, November 10 Tennessean 911 call reveals new details about grisly murder-suicide that crossed statelines.
- Mother to get $550,000 from psychologist in son's death Monday, November 10 Richmond Times-Dispatch The mother of a 15-month-old boy who died while on a visit to his father in Manassas in 2012 will be paid a $550,000 wrongful death settlement from the psychologist who testified that it was safe
- Police investigate auto thefts involving tow trucks Monday, November 10 WGNO ABC New Orleans - Darian Trotter It may look like a service call, but New Orleans Police say a tow-truck driver has other plans for the vehicles he hauls away.
- Man from Dunbar, West Virginia enters guilty plea to federal firearms charges Monday, November 10 WOWK CBS Huntington A man from Dunbar, West Virginia who illegally possessed a firearm back in November of 2012 has entered a guilty plea to federal charges, according to a news release issued by Booth Goodwin, U.S. Attorney for the State of West Virginia.
- New Details Surrounding Kidnapping Of Ardmore Girl Monday, November 10 KWTV CBS Oklahoma City - Lisa Monahan It was the phone call no parent should have to make.
- November 10, 2014 Greenville Man Arrested in Deadly Stabbing in Portsmouth, Ohio WSAZ-TV PORTSMOUTH, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A man wanted in a deadly stabbing that happened during the weekend was arrested late Monday night, Portsmouth Police Chief Robert Ware said.
- Relative Faces Life In Prison After Triple Stabbing That Left 15-Year-Old Girl ...CBS Local EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—Deadly stabbing a teenager is killed and her mother and twin sister were injured during an attack at their apartment in Edgewood.
- Couple injured in 'targeted' stabbing in McLean W*USA 9 A home invasion and stabbing in McLean has put a middle-aged couple in the hospital and two attorneys behind bars.
- 2 Killed in Elevator at Bronx Housing Project; Police Consider Retaliation as ...New York Times The police said that they had not confirmed a motive in the deaths, but that they were investigating whether it was a retaliatoryshooting. Neighbors said the shootings appeared to be retaliation after the two victims sat on a car's bumper late on ...
- November 10, 2014 Teen suffers second-degree burns in Georgetown house explosion WCPO GEORGETOWN, Ohio -- A 16-year-old girl suffered second-degree burns over 60 percent of her body Monday after an explosion and fire at a home in Georgetown.
- November 10, 2014 Bomb attacks in Afghanistan kill 11 Washington Post KABUL - Two attacks targeting Afghanistan's police killed at least 10 officers and a civilian Monday, underscoring an uptick in violence in the country since the inauguration of a power-sharing government in September.
- 2 injured, suspect escaped November 9, 2014 Fight leads to double-stabbing on trolley car, suspect escapes 10News stabbing occurred just after 9 p.m. Sunday at the Euclid Trolley Station ...four Hispanic men got in a fight with the suspect, who pulled out a knife and stabbed two of the men. He stabbed one of the victims three times in the torso and the other once in the chest. The fight was caught on cell phone video. The suspect then got off the trolley and escaped by running.
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Man, 29, killed in West Side home invasion Chicago Tribune A 29-year-old died in an apparent home invasion Monday afternoon in the city's Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.He was later identified as Aaron J. Starling
- July 13, 2013 shooting, November 10, 2014 update City man admits to shooting The News Journal A Wilmington man admitted to the July 13, 2013 shooting of Walter Shorts on Monday. Keenan Wheeler, 21, entered guilty pleas to manslaughter and a weapons charge in New Castle County Superior Court and now faces a minimum ...
- July 5, 2014 shootring McCulloch rules July 5 shooting by Pine Lawn police was justified STLtoday.com The shooting, involving a black man shot by a white police officer, happened one month before the Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old, by a white police officer in Ferguson.
- November 9, 2014 17 Year-old killed in early morning shooting 13newsnow.com A 17 year-old male was shot and killed early Sunday morning in Norfolk, and police are actively seeking information about the crime
Camden police identify victims in 2 shooting deaths
Gloucester County Times - NJ.com - 8 hours ago
Camden County police officers got a call just before 6 p.m. about a shooting at the intersection of Haddon Avenue and Spruce Street.
Facebook Threat Prompts Palmdale School Lockdown NBC Southern California Palmdale High School was twice placed on lockdown Friday morning after a student reported seeing a Facebook post threatening a shooting at the ...
Students Killed, Burned, Dumped Into River in Mexico ABC News Forty-three missing college students are believed to have been murdered and burned near a municipal garbage dump in the southern state of ...
Man Killed at Palmdale McDonald's in Front of Customers NBC Southern California A man identified by his girlfriend as a 38-year-old rapper with no enemies was shot and killed inside a Palmdale McDonald's in front of customers ...
Lake Stevens officer resigns amid stalking allegations
A Lake Stevens Police officer suddenly resigned after being accused of stalking an ex-girlfriend. The woman recently got a protection order against 33-year-old Andrew Thor. She said she first knew him as Drew Kidd, a man who claimed to be single, an undercover CIA assassin and a Special Forces operator. ...
Police investigate a carjacking in North Seattle on Monday.
Man arrested after carjacking and police chase in North Seattle
A man who witnesses say carjacked a woman in North Seattle, hit her with the car and intentionally rammed two police vehicles during a chase was caught and arrested by police on Monday. The car pursuit stretched from Fremont to Phinney Ridge.
3:26 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, 2014 Comments (3)
Port Orchard murder suspect’s ex-girlfriend speaks
Jessi Foster was afraid David Kalac would kill her. Now that he's been arrested for killing Amber Coplin, she realizes just how lucky she is. "I'm thankful to be alive. That could have been me," Foster told KIRO-7's Alison Grande on Monday. Foster dated David Kalac for five months. After ...
6:10 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, 2014 Comments (3)
Issaquah residents held hostage in their own home
Police are telling people not to open their doors as they hunt for the man responsible for a violent home invasion. It happened at 9:30 p.m. at a condo building off Newport Way NW. Police said the suspect knocked on a door at random. When a young couple answered, the ...
11:38 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, 2014 Comments (1)
Caught on camera: Wild police chase ends with arrest on I-90
Three lanes of westbound Interstate 90 near Eastgate were blocked on Monday morning at the wild end of a police chase that was caught on camera. The incident in which a trooper used a Pursuit Intervention Technique (PIT) maneuver twice was recorded by a Department of Transportation camera and showed ...
Updated: 1:40 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, 2014 Comments (6)
1 standoff, 0 injuries, 1 arrested November 10, 2014 Norman Oklahoma Office Complex Standoff 29-year old Devin Rogers was armed with a pistol when he entered an office building and took a man and a woman hostage. He surrendered after a four-hour standoff, with no injuries
Standoff at Oklahoma office complex comes to end
conspiracy theories covering up staged terrorist attacks: Norman Oklahoma Hostage Stand Off is a Ridiculous Arch-Zionist Hoax: November 11, 2014
from google news