Daily Misfortune Month November 2014 ---
8 incidents 193 casualties 65 killed, 82 injured
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Police search for suspect in fatal Kaimuki Hawaii newspaper seller stabbing
- 48 killed 80 injured November 10, 2014 At least 48 reported killed in suicide bombing at northeast Nigeria school
- 11 killed November 10, 2014 Bomb attacks on police in Logar province Afghanistan
- 800,000 accounts hacked November 10, 2014 China suspected of breaching U.S. Postal Service computer networks
- 2 killed 2 wounded in 2 attacks same day in Israel: 1 killed 2 wounded November 10, 2014 Israeli woman waiting at a bus stop near a Jewish settlement in the West Bank killed 2 injured in stabbing
- 1 killed Israeli soldier in downtown Tel Aviv were killed
- 1 standoff, 0 injuries, 1 arrested November 10, 2014 Norman Oklahoma Office Hostage Standoff
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Sean Petrozzino Amputee of interest shoots self at Memphis traffic Stop
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Pizza delivery driver shot during attempted robbery dies
- November 10, 2014 Hutch police release dashcam video of officer-involved shooting
- 1 house destroyed November 10, 2014 Valley Cottage car explosion, fire destroys house
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Arrest Made in Brenden Wilson's Shooting Death Near Woodbridge High School
- 1 injured, 3 cars damaged November 10, 2014 Police: 86-year-old driver Panos Palas suspected of DUI causes wrong-way Tacoma WA crash
- 4 crashes on police cars November 10, 2014 Weather: 4 Duluth, Minn. squad cars hit while parked at crash scenes
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Police search for suspect in fatal Kaimuki Hawaii newspaper seller stabbing KITV Honolulu Police are searching for a suspect involved in the fatal stabbing of a 70-year-old newspaper seller in Kaimuki.
- 48 killed 80 injured November 10, 2014 At least 48 reported killed in suicide bombing at northeast Nigeria school Fox News Suicide bomber has killed at least 48 students at the weekly start of the day school assembly in northeastern Nigeria. The bomber was disguised in a school uniform with a bomb hiddent in a student style rucksack. Explosives detonated Monday morning during the weekly assembly at the Government Technical Science College in Potiskum, capital of the Yobe state. 2,000 students had gathered in the school's hall at the time of the blast. It was one of the worst attacks against schools teaching a so-called Western curriculum. Boko Haram terrorism was the suspected motive, but officials have rarely identified any political motives in similar gun or bomb attacks on schools in the United States or China by people with grudges or mental problems. It is the fourth such major attack, after February, gunmen killed at least 40 students after throwing explosives into the dormitory of a government boarding school in Buni Yadi, also in Yobe state. In July last year, 42 students were killed when Boko Haram stormed dormitories in a gun and bomb attack on a government boarding school in the village of Mamudo, near Potiskum. In April, kidnapped 276 girls from the town of Chibok in Borno state, also in northeast Nigeria. 219 of the girls are still being held.
- 11 killed November 10, 2014 Bomb attacks on police in Logar province Afghanistan kill 11 Washington Post Monday, a suicide bomber killed at least seven local police, including a senior commander, outside the main police station in Logar province, an hour's drive south of Kabul, according to an Afghan Interior Ministry statement.
- 800,000 accounts hacked November 10, 2014 China suspected of breaching U.S. Postal Service computer networks New York Times Chinese government hackers are suspected of breaching the computer networks of the United States Postal Service, compromising the data of more than 800,000 employees — including the postmaster general’s. The intrusion was discovered in mid-September The FBI is leading the investigation into the hack. China has been tied to several recent intrusions, including one into the computer systems of the Office of Personnel Management and another into the systems of a government contractor, USIS, that conducts security-clearance checks. The intrusion into the USPS, officials said, was carried out by a sophisticated actor who did not appear to be interested in identity theft or credit card fraud.
- 2 killed 2 wounded in 2 attacks same day in Israel: 1 killed 2 wounded November 10, 2014 Suspected Palestinian knife attacks on Israelis; 2 killed in separate assaults Washington Post An Israeli woman waiting at a bus stop near a Jewish settlement in the West Bank VOA: A Palestinian attacker jumped out of a car outside a bus stop at a West Bank settlement and stabbed three people, killing an Israeli woman and wounding two others. A security guard shot and killed the attacker. ..
- 1 killed Israeli soldier in downtown Tel Aviv were killed on Monday in two separate attacks by knife-wielding Palestinian men. Attack in Tel Aviv took place near a busy train station. An off-duty Israeli soldier in uniform, was stabbed multiple times.The soldier chased the assailant, shouting, “Terrorist!” Suspect entered illegally from a Palestinian refugee camp, taken into custody after fleeing to a nearby building. Authorities said he had entered Israel illegally...Palestinians Are Suspected as 2 Israelis Die in Knife Attacks New York Times Israeli woman and soldier killed in two knife attacks BBC News Violence and Protests Show No Sign of Stopping in Israel The Atlantic A New Intifada? Israels Arab Citizen Uprising Spreads Daily Beast
- 2 killed 2 wounded in 2 attacks same day November 10, 2014 Suspected Palestinian knife attacks on Israelis; 2 killed in separate assaults Washington Post An Israeli woman waiting at a bus stop near a Jewish settlement in the West Bank and an Israeli soldier in downtown Tel
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Police search for suspect in fatal Kaimuki Hawaii newspaper seller stabbing
- 48 killed 80 injured November 10, 2014 48 reported killed in suicide bombing at northeast Nigeria school in student uniform
- 11 killed November 10, 2014 Bomb attacks in Logar province Afghanistan kill 11
- 1 standoff, 0 injuries, 1 arrested November 10, 2014 Norman Oklahoma Office Hostage Standoff 29-year old Devin Rogers with a military background was armed with a pistol when he entered the Nextep office building at 12:26 p.m. and took a man and a woman hostage inside a law firm that deals with immigration law.. at 1:15 p.m., 25 to 30 people in the building were released and ran out with hands up. Access roads were closed, freeway traffic was backed up with gawkers. Community Christian School was on lockdown, and a preschool was on soft lockdown. He surrendered after a four-hour standoff, with no injuries. No motive is known or speculated. Conspiracy sites declared it a "staged hoax orchestrated by the terminally corrupt, lying, thieving arch-Zionist cabal."
- 1 killed November 10, 2014 Sean Petrozzino Amputee of interest shoots self at Memphis traffic Stop Sean Petrozzino committed suicide in Memphis. The quadruple amputee was a person of interest in the murder of his parents Nancy and Michael in Orlando. The Memphis NBC affiliate reports he was stopped in a 2012 Toyota Camry Monday night for an illegal u-turn. He shot himself as Memphis police officers approached the car.
- November 10, 2014 Pizza delivery driver shot during attempted robbery dies WFLD FOX Chicago A pizza delivery driver died Tuesday after he was shot in the head during an attempted robbery on the Northwest Side early Monday.
- November 10, 2014 Hutch police release dashcam video of officer-involved shooting Hutchinson police have released more information regarding a Monday afternoon officer-involved shooting. Chief Dick Heitschmidt tells Eyewitness News Sgt.
- November 10, 2014 Valley Cottage car explosion, fire destroys house The Journal News VALLEY COTTAGE - An idling car exploded like a bomb, engulfing a single-family house in flames Monday night and blowing off the roof as family members fled to safety, authorities said.
- November 10, 2014 2 killed, 2 wounded in stabbing attacks on Israelis CNN Soldier stabbed monday has died. (CNN) -- First, a 20-year-old Israeli soldier was stabbed Monday in Tel Aviv. Then, three Israelis were stabbed at a hitchhiking post near the entrance to a settlement in the West Bank, police said.
- November 10, 2014 Arrest Made in Brenden Wilson's Shooting Death Near Woodbridge High School NBC4 Washington Brenden was killed Monday. 20-year-old man was arrested Tuesday for shooting and killing a Woodbridge High School student on a trail just yards away from the school's parking lot. The victim, 16-year-old Brenden Wilson, was a junior at the school. He was shot multiple times around 4:30 p.m. along a popular path that students use to cut through to a nearby neighborhood. Kawain Tyrell Smalls, 20, was arrested Tuesday. Police called Wilson's death drug-related, and said he and Smalls knew each other tags: no motive, black suspect, white victim, drug related tags: school incident
- 1 injured, 3 cars damaged November 10, 2014 Police: 86-year-old driver Panos Palas suspected of DUI causes wrong-way Tacoma WA crash Troopers are investigating a three-car crash caused by a wrong-way driver in Tacoma that blocked all lanes of southbound Interstate 5. the driver who caused the crash was heading northbound in the southbound lanes of I-5 in a Toyota RAV4. The wrong-way driver hit a Dodge Caravan and then hit a Honda Accord head-on. Gill said the wrong-way driver, an 86-year-old man, is in custody for investigation of driving under the influence and vehicular assault. He was identified as Panos S. Palas. tags: vehicular assault, wrong way, greek suspect
- 4 crashes on police cars November 10, 2014 Weather: 4 Duluth, Minn. squad cars hit while parked at crash scenes The season's first major snowstorm was a dangerous one for the Duluth Police Department, with 4 Duluth squad cars hit while parked at crash scenes on Monday. One officer was hit by a passing car and taken to the hospital, and another officer suffered a concussion after slipping on the ice. In the Twin Cities metro, a Minnesota State Patrol squad car, a Rogers police car and a tow truck were hit by a semi while stopped to help a jackknifed semi on Interstate 94. The accident happened at about 10:20 p.m. near the junction of Highway 101 in Rogers, Minn. The Rogers police officer was taken to a nearby hospital with minor injuries
- 4 robbed, 2 arrested November 7, 2014 Teens charged for robberies at Wilson High School in DC November 10, 2014(WUSA9) -- Two teenagers face charges after robbing students at Wilson High School on Friday, according to D.C. police. The suspects, 15- and 16-years-old, robbed three or four students of their cell phones and jackets at different locations inside the school
- 1 killed November 8, 2014 attack The video of an Israeli cop shooting an Arab citizen that has rocked the country Washington Post By William Booth November 10 (Arab version of Michael Brown suicide attack) Israeli police went into an Arab village to arrest a man authorities say had discharged a stun grenade in a feud between Palestinian clans. 22-year-old Khayr al-Din Hamdan ran up to the police vehicle and stab at the windows and doors. As the officers get out of the car, Hamdan turns away from the vehicle and appears to be retreating. The police aim and fire and Hamdan goes down. hen they drag him by his arms, bundle him into the back seat and speed away. The entire incident takes place in a minute. Hamdan died later at a hospital.
- 11 homes damaged, 3 unliveable November 8, 2014 Fire Marshal: Shed Explosion Appears to be Accidental NBC4 Washington State Fire Marshal investigators said it appears the explosion of a storage shed behind a house in Carroll County was accidental, but they don't have the exact reason for the incident.
- November 8, 2014 1 killed 2 injured Friend of family an arrested in no motive Edgewood no motive triple stabbing WBAL Baltimore triple stabbing that left an Edgewood teenager dead and two of her family members injured. Mother and her 15-year-old twin daughters -- were attacked around 6:30 p.m. Saturday in a second-floor apartment. Authorities said Ivan Enrique Molina Bustamante, 21, of Bel Air, was found not far away around 11 a.m. Sunday and was charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder and assault. Deputies are still trying to determine a motive. Bustamante was arrested in June on assault charges and was given probation. He has a Dec. 18 court date on a violation of probation charge. Neighbors said they had seen Bustamante with the family many times
- 1 killed 4 injured November 8, 2014 Man stabbed outside Queens catering hall flees in car, hits three people ...New York Daily News A motorist who had been stabbed in a fight outside of a Queens banquet hall Saturday intentionally plowed his car into a crowd as he drove away, killing one man and critically injuring two young women, police sources said. Motorist, 20-year-old Kevin Weekes was stabbed in a fight. He broke free from his attackers and ran around the corner, where he got into a nearly new Nissan Altima, jumped a curb and rammed into three people standing nearby.
- 1 killed suspect escaped November 9, 2014 Police: Man Killed In random no-motive Belmont Cragin Shooting CBS Chicago (STMW) - A man coming back from church was shot and killed outside his home Victim 44-year-old Luis Zuniga had pulled up to his driveway after returning from church and was getting out of his white minivan when someone in a parked vehicle fired shots and drove off. “I don’t know why anyone would do this,”
- 1 killed 4 injured November 8-November 9, 2014 Man killed, 4 people hurt in unprovoked random Chicago shootings Chicago Tribune 18-year-old man was killed and four other men were injured in separate shootings in the city Saturday night into Sunday morning, police said. 1. 33-year-old man was approached by another man who started shooting, 2. The 18-year-old was pronounced dead after being shot about 5:10 p.m. Saturday victim was shot in the head on the sidewalk, 3. 23-year-old was shot by someone inside a black SUV. 4. 28-year-old man was wounded a passenger in a car he heard gunshots and felt pain 5. 19-year-old man was shot when two males walked up and fired shots
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Fatal officer-involved shooting man cutting self on bus in Van Nuys KABC-TV Authorities were on scene to investigate an officer-involved shooting in Van Nuys Officers responded to a call about a man with a knife cutting himself on a bus... the suspect took off running and then became aggressive with officers who shot him. One of three fatal officer shootings same city, same day.
- 3 killed November 9, 2014 LAPD Investigates 3 Officer-Involved Shootings One Sunday three separate officer-involved shootings... The first happened Saturday evening in Cypress Park after a suspect who had an outstanding arrest warrant led police on a 15-minute chase in and around Cypress Park.That suspect taunted police, threw objects at news photographers and, according to the police, shot at them at least four times. At another point, the suspect was shown pumping a shotgun... another officer-involved shooting where the suspect took his own life... confronted by the suspect, who fired at them, Around 3:15 p.m. on Sunday, (see Fatal officer-involved shooting man cutting self on bus in Van Nuys) officers in Van Nuys responded to a call about a man with a knife cutting himself on a bus... “It’s unusual to have three [OIS] in one day especially spread out across the city the way it is,” said Alan Hamilton with the LAPD... number of OIS incidents is down compared to last year at this same time In 2013 there was a total of 47 officer involved shootings — 36 people were struck.In 2014 there have been a total of 28 officer involved shootings — 22 people were struck.
- 2 injured, suspect fled November 9, 2014 San Diego Police are investigating a double stabbing at the Euclid Trolley ... 10News San Diego Police are investigating a double stabbing that happened on the Orange line just after 9 p.m. Sunday. One victim was stabbed in the chest, arms and legs. It is unclear how many times each victim was stabbed and the condition of the victims at this time. The suspect was seen running off the trolley away from the scene.
- November 9, 2014 9 killed Prominent Black Preacher Myles Munroe Killed in Small Plane Crash in Bahamas NBCNews.com Plane hit a construction crane on landing approach. Munroe, 60, was an internationally known Christian preacher and motivational speaker... was associated during the early 2000s with the Promise Keepers movement, a Christian ministry focused on strengthening the role of men in Christian life. He wrote or co-wrote more than 100 inspirational and motivational books, many of which were best-sellers in the Caribbean and Africa.