Daily Misfortune Month November 2014 ---
- November 5, 2014 1 killed workplace accident Maine Construction worker struck, killed by dump truck
- November 5, 2014update Face Of A Killer: Marysville School Shooter Bragged About Arsenal Online – See The Chilling Posts
- 2 killed 40 November 5, 2014 (protest) arrested Christian Couple Killed By Mob In Latest Pakistan 'Blasphemy' Case
- 1 killed 10 wounded, suspect killedNovember 5, 2014 1 dead, Over 10 Wounded in 2nd Terror Ramming Attack in Jerusalem
- 3 injured November 5, 2014 West Bank Palestinian drivers runs over soldiers in 2nd attack of the day
- November 5, 2014 1 abduction, 1 arrest Woman Violently Abducted Off Philadelphia Street Found Alive, "Vicious Predator" Arrested
- November 5, 2014 Libyan Civil War Battles between loyalist forces and militias have killed nearly 400 in three weeks, including at least 250 deaths in Benghazi and 140 near the capital Tripoli. (Associated Press viaWashington Post)
- 5 killed November 5, 2014 al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen A US drone strike kills five Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives including Shawki al-Badani and Nabil al-Dahab, leader of Ansar al-Sharia in Yemen's Al Bayda Governorate.(Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- 11 killed November 5, 2014 Syrian Civil War 11 children are killed by mortar fire at a school in Damascus. (Reuters)
- 2 killed November 5, 2014 War in Donbass Two teenagers are killed by artillery shelling at a school in Donetsk. (BBC)
- 1 threat November 5, 2014 Nothing suspicious found after bomb threat at Ohio Perry High School
- 1 killed November 5, 2014 Man Dead in Shooting in Floyd County, Ky
- 1 killed November 5, 2014 Students on school bus witness son stabbing father to death in front of home
- November 5, 2014 Rob O'Neill identified as Navy SEAL who shot and killed Osama Bin Laden
- 1 bomb threat at school November 5, 2014 Bomb threat at Perry High School in Ohio prompts evacuation
- 2 killed November 5, 2014 2 Good Samaritans killed changing tire in Colorado
- 1 home destroyed November 5, 2014 Youngsville NC man thankful despite propane house explosion
- 2 injured November 5, 2014 Stabbing Investigation in Luray VA
- false threat November 5, 2014 Poway High bomb scare in CA over, nothing found
- 1 killed November 5, 2014 Man shot, killed by task-force officer near UNevada Reno
- November 5, 2014 1 killed workplace accident Maine Construction worker struck, killed by dump truck WCSH-TV YORK, Maine Maine State police said a worker was killed when he was run over by a dump truck on the Maine Turnpike in York. He dump truck backed over 50-year-old James Woodward, of Westbrook, at a construction site on the York River Bridge around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.53-year-old Garry Johnson, of Hollis, was driving the truck at the time of the incident. Both men worked for Shaw Brothers Construction.
- November 5, 2014 update Face Of A Killer: Marysville School Shooter Bragged About Arsenal Online – See The Chilling Posts The popular wrestler posted several photos of his gun arsenal online, bragging about his affinity for shooting, and only Radar has the disturbing photos. (but mostly about hunting animals)
- 2 killed 40 November 5, 2014 (protest) arrested Christian Couple Killed By Mob In Latest Pakistan 'Blasphemy' Case NPR A young Christian couple in Pakistan was beaten by a mob and then incinerated at a brick factory. Local residents say the couple was still alive when they were shoved into a brick kiln after reports circulated alleging that they had defiled Islam's sacred book, the Quran.More than 40 people have been arrested. allegations of blasphemy against the couple began to circulate after the husband, Sajjad Massih, had a financial dispute with his employers.killings come less than a month after an elderly, mentally ill British man, who is on death row in a Pakistani prison for committing blasphemy, was shot and injured by a guard
- 1 killed 10 wounded, suspect killed November 5, 2014 1 dead, Over 10 Wounded in 2nd Terror Ramming Attack in Jerusalem Alegmeiner An Arab driving a van killed one person and wounded some 14 others, several critically, when he slammed into into pedestrians and vehicles at two points along the capital’s light rail line midday in his van, and then got out and started beating people with a rod before he was shot by police. The man was dressed a haredi Jew, but the suspect Ibrahim al-Akari, 38, was a Hamas member who lauded the shooting of Yehuda Glick on his anti-Israeli facebook page similar attack last month, a Palestinian rammed his vehicle into a crowded train stop on the same street in east Jerusalem, killing a 3-month-old Israeli-American girl and a 22-year-old Ecuadorean woman. Driver slams car into pedestrians, Hamas praises defence of mosque Yahoo News Hamas praised the van attack as a defense of the mosque, which is part of a complex in the ...Hamas takes responsibility for Jerusalem van attack The Times of Israel wikip: Gaza-Israel conflict: In the second attack in recent weeks, a Palestinian drove his car into a crowd of people at a light rail station in Jerusalem and then exited the car to attack them using an iron bar before being shot by police. One person has died and 14 are injured as Hamas claims responsibility for the attack and has called for more similar attacks. (AP)(Times of Israel)(ABC News)
- 3 injured November 5, 2014 West Bank Palestinian drivers runs over soldiers in 2nd attack of the day violence spilled over to the West Bank later Wednesday when a Palestinian motorist drove into a group of soldiers, wounding three in a suspected attack, the Israeli military said. Forces were searching for the driver, who fled the scene.
- November 5, 2014 1 abduction, 1 arrest Woman Violently Abducted Off Philadelphia Street Found Alive, "Vicious Predator" Arrested NBC 10 Philadelphi Carlesha Feeland-Gaither, the 22-year-old woman abducted from a Philadelphia street on ...
- Libyan Civil War Battles between loyalist forces and militias have killed nearly 400 in three weeks, including at least 250 deaths in Benghazi and 140 near the capital Tripoli. (Associated Press viaWashington Post)
- al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen A US drone strike kills five Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives including Shawki al-Badani and Nabil al-Dahab, leader of Ansar al-Sharia in Yemen's Al Bayda Governorate.(Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Syrian Civil War 11 children are killed by mortar fire at a school in Damascus. (Reuters)
- War in Donbass Two teenagers are killed by artillery shelling at a school in Donetsk. (BBC)
- November 5, 2014 Nothing suspicious found after bomb threat at Ohio Perry High School The all clear was given Wednesday afternoon and nothing suspicious was found after all schools in the Perry Local School District in Lake County were evacuated and closed.
- 1 killed November 5, 2014 Man Dead in Shooting in Floyd County, KyWSAZ-TV The shooting victim was Bill Russell Collins, 34, of Knott County. Collins was found dead in a parking lot outside a vacant business. Police talking to some persons of interest in the case and trying to determine a motive tags: no motive
- 1 killed November 5, 2014 Students on school bus witness son stabbing father to death in front of home Witnesses said they watched a son stab his father to death in front of the family’s Gwinnett County home, right as a school bus was dropping off students Wednesday afternoon. myfox8.com
- November 5, 2014 Rob O'Neill identified as Navy SEAL who shot and killed Osama Bin Laden New York Daily NewsThe hero Navy SEAL Team Six member who shot and killed 9/11 mastermind Osama Bin Laden has been unmasked. His name is Rob O'Neill, a 38-year-old highly-decorated military veteran who retired from the Navy after 16 years.
- bomb threat at school November 5, 2014 Bomb threat at Perry High School in Ohio prompts evacuation WKYC-TV Schools officials discovered a bomb threat at Perry High School, prompting an evacuation Wednesday morning, according to Jack Thompson, the superintendent of the Perry Local School District.
- 2 killed November 5, 2014 2 Good Samaritans killed changing tire in Colorado Two people were outside of their vehicle changing a tire on Wednesday when they were struck and killed. David Moore Jr.,19, of Clifton and Timothy Randall, 30, of Grand Junction were on the left side of the trailer changing the tire when they were struck by a box truck. Both men died at the scene. Driver stopped and is cooperating
- home destroyed November 5, 2014 Youngsville NC man thankful despite propane house explosion WRAL Youngsville, N.C. - Mike Oliver lost all of his possessions after he believes his home was destroyed by a propane tank explosion Wednesday night
- 2 injured November 5, 2014 Stabbing Investigation in Luray VA Luray, VA Luray Police are investigating a stabbing, which sent two people to the hospital. According to investigators the incident happened on Hilltop Lane around 11:30 on Wednesday night.
- false threat November 5, 2014 Poway High bomb scare in CA over, nothing found U-T San Diego POWAY - Poway High School went on lockdown Wednesday morning and deputies searched the campus after a note referring to a bomb was found in a bathroom, sheriff's officials said. A deputy at the campus reported the note and initiated the lockdown ...
- 1 killed November 5, 2014 Man shot, killed by task-force officer near UNevada Reno Reno Gazette there was an altercation between the subjects and the officers and one subject was shot by an officer. That subject is deceased on Terrace Drive," Broadway said. "There was some type of threat."
- 1 dies in hospital, no arrest December 9, 1945 Timeline 1900-1949 General George S. Patton's Head-On Car Accident or Assassination Tech Sgt Robert L. Thompson leads one of two trucks which have been waiting by the side of the road until the approach of General Patton's Caddilac. Thompson says he was drinking the previous night, and he and two buddies had commandeered (or possibly stolen) a duece and a half truck for joyriding. They were sixty miles from their ordered posting. He was slightly drunk when he claimed he was pulling into a depot to return the truck, and later changed his story to a side road, but neither was close to where he failed to signal, hit the gas, and acoording to Patton's driver, steered directly into the nose of Patton's car with no other possible reason other than to deliberately hit a target. Patton's driver could not avoid a collision. Patton hit the front seat, hurt his neck, and was paralyzed. He died later in the hospital on December 21, 1945. When Woodring, Patton's driver yells "Do you know who you hit? This is General Patton", Thompson grins drunkenly and tells his companions "General Patton, do you believe it?"
- 43 injured in 2 train collision October 16, 2014 crash Conductor Jumped From Rescue Engine Before It SlammedHead-On Into Excursion Train 5newsonline.com FAYETTEVILLE (KFSM) -The conductor on an Arkansas & Missouri rescue engine going to assist a stalled excursion train last month in Brentwood ...Thirty-nine passengers and four crew members on the A&M fall excursion train were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. Appears to be an accident due to error as train was travelling too fast to brake and communications was difficult.
- October 29, 2014 standoff Man arrested after Elk Grove standoff charged in Oakland road rage killing News10.net This suspect was in custody following a standoff Oct. 29, 2014 Carl Stephen Dubose, 20, of Oakland, was arraigned on Monday in the Oct. 26 Oakland shooting that claimed the life of 30-year-old Perla Evelyn Avina. Police say Dubose shot at Avina, a mother of four, and her husband, Luis Lopez Gallegos, as the two drove home from a grocery store for no apparent motive. (Why would anyone unprovoked shoot a random American unless...)
- 2 shooting attacks on govt building October 31, 2014 Drive by shooters fire two times, four bullets into Roy WA City Hall, no motive Nothing to suggest dry run terrorism as motive. On Halloween, somebody shot up city hall when it was closed and police don't know why, and they don't know who did it.... first two rounds were fired around 4:00 a.m. through the glass doors at the City Hall's main entrance. One of the rounds went through a wooden door leading to the council chambers; another ricocheted off a wall and hit a secure door in the rear of the building near police offices.Then around 10:00 p.m. Halloween night, a truck pulled up outside City Hall and two more rounds were shot into the building, this time through windows in the mayor's office. City Hall in Roy shot up in drive-by attacks on Halloween
- October 31, 2014 New York Daily News Flight attendant allegedly killed by boyfriend she brought to home on Halloween New York Daily News Flight attendant killed by boyfriend she brought to home to meet her family: police Kelly Turner, 43, and her boyfriend Joseph Frederick Karr, 53, flew to Austin to meet her family in Texas. Karr was charged with murder after allegedly stabbing her on Halloween night during an argument while her family was in another room. ‘I can't believe I killed her,’ he reportedly told them while holding the knife.
- October 31, 2014 Wanaque NJ police: Man held machete to boy's head on Halloween NorthJersey.com WANAQUE - A Halloween argument has resulted in weapons charges against a local man accused of holding a machete to a juvenile's head.
- November 4, 2014 Wrong-way suspected DUI driver arrested after crashing Hummer head-on Houston area KHOU taken into custody on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.. A woman was seriously hurt when she was struck head-on by a wrong-way driver on I-45 North early Tuesday, police said. a man driving a Hummer H2 somehow got on the freeway using a special access ramp going the wrong direction, traveling northbound in the southbound lanes. He clipped a small sports car, which then spun out and was hit by a private ambulance. The Hummer then slammed head-on into a small SUV. Nothing to indicate he crashed intentionally.
Funeral today for Harris County deputy killed in head-oncrash
Bottom of Form
59 min ago WFLD
Police are warning residents about a pair of burglaries last month in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
1 hr ago KMOV
Authorities are investigating after a North County Circle K store was robbed early Wednesday morning.
2 hr ago CNN
Susan Candiotti explains Zale Thompson's possible motivations for attacking two NYPD officers with a hatchet.
A motorist rammed into pedestrians on a crowded Jerusalem street and then got out of his vehicle to attack people with a metal bar on Wednesday in what Israeli police, who shot him dead, said appeared to be a deliberate Palestinian attack. An ambulance service spokesman said eight people were injured by the driver, two of them critically. It was the second such incident in two weeks in the holy city, the scene of daily Palestinian protests amid tensions over a sacred compound Muslims revere as ...
3 hr ago UK Independent
It looks like a scene from a Hollywood movie but this is the moment a man was caught on camera hurling bags of heroin worth Â£230,000 from a car window during a high-speed chase on the M6.
The media has been quick to describe as "prostitutes" the two dead women found in the Hong Kong apartment of British banker Rurik Jutting. The truth isn't that simple, and one victim may not have been a sex worker at all
3 hr ago UK Independent
The two other teachers Will Cornick planned to kill after murdering Ann Maguire have been named as Sinead Miley and Andrew Kellett.
5 hr ago New York Daily
A South Carolina city councilman was shot and killed Tuesday night, months after allegedly threatening the local police chief.
5 hr ago St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Protest spilled onto street from Clayton hotelÂ
One girl said she was assaulted most of her life
6 hr ago KGW
The woman reportedly told police she heard voices telling her to throw the 6-year-old boy over the side of the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport.
Philip Banks unearthed a 19-year-old document to make his case for the expanded role he wanted as first deputy commissioner, but Police Commissioner Bill Bratton shut him down, sources told the Daily News.
Greenwich man arrested after a teen overdosed on heroin.
Marymoor Park is one of the most popular in our area. People visit the park night and day. Unfortunately, a lot of them leave valuables in their parked car. Thieves call it a target-rich environment. There have been some three-dozen victims whose cars were prowled in Marymoor Park over the past four months. […]
12:47 AM WBTV
The incident happened on the 500 block of Roundtree Circle, off of Parkway Drive, around 8:20 p.m. Tuesday.
12:44 AM KPIX
One person was wounded in a shooting in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood Tuesday night.
12:30 AM Reason
12:15 AM St. Louis Post-Dispatch
The parents of Michael Brown are going to a United Nations meeting in Switzerland to speak against civil rights violations, racial profiling and police violence in the United States, according…
California approved a major shift against mass incarceration on Tuesday in a vote that could lead to the release of thousands of state prisoners. Nonviolent felonies like shoplifting and drug possession will be downgraded to misdemeanors under the ballot measure, Proposition 47. As many as 10,000 people could be eligible for early release from state prisons, and it's expected that courts will annually dispense around 40,000 fewer felony convictions. The state Legislative Analyst's Of...
12:10 AM KPIX
A flash fire at a residence in Antioch Monday burned a planter box and part of a deck in Contra Costa Countyâs second hash oil fire in four days.
The head of a phony university is getting real prison time. Susan Xiao-Ping Su, the founder and president of Tri-Valley University, was sentenced to 16 years in federal prison on Friday after being convicted on 31 counts of wire and mail fraud, money laundering, alien harboring and other charges related to running an immigration scam, the Department of Justice announced.
Tuesday, November 4 WTHR
Legendary news anchor Tom Brokaw has been away from the anchor desk for a decade, but he proved Tuesday he can still nail an ad-lib.
Tuesday, November 4 WFLD
Burglars crashed a stolen minivan into a high-end shop in west suburban Aurora Tuesday morning, making off with more than $40,000 worth of merchandise and causing more than $20,000 in damage.
4chan Murder: User Posts Pictures Of Dead Woman In Port Orchard, Washington, Could Be Planning Police Ambush
A 4chan user posted what appeared to be grisly pictures of a woman strangled to death, and police in Port Orchard, Washington are now searching for what could be a suicidal murderer. The post of what appeared to be a murdered woman showed up on the image-sharing site on Tuesday afternoon. The user bragged about4chan Murder: User Posts Pictures Of Dead Woman In Port Orchard, Washington, Could Be Planning Police Ambush is an article from: The Inquisitr News
New details were revealed Tuesday surrounding that deadly police shootout last month outside the Plaza Inn motel in SE Oklahoma City.
DEVELOPING NEWS // On the same night Providence elected a new mayor, police were on the scene of the city's 15th homicide.
Tuesday, November 4 St. Louis Post-Dispatch
One teen punched the man in the face and others took his cell phone and wallet from his pocket, police said
Tuesday, November 4 Richmond Times-Dispatch
A New Kent County couple who stole hundreds of pounds of copper and other scrap metals from neighbors to feed a drug habit and allegedly operated a meth lab inside a trailer are facing lifelong senten
Tuesday, November 4 WTNH
Wallingford police have arrested a Hartford man who tried receiving marijuana through the mail Tuesday.
Tuesday, November 4 WTHR
Police are suggesting caution for students in Bloomington as they investigate five different reported sexual assaults over Halloween weekend.
Tuesday, November 4 WBTV
The fire broke out at the Agricultural Building at Northwest Cabarrus High School, which is on the 5100 block of Cabarrus Drive in Kannapolis around 8:15 p.m.
Two men were injured in shootings in Baltimore Tuesday night, police said.
One Indiana political wannabe hit his rival for town council with a car after being confronted about stolen campaign signs on the eve of Election Day.
Tuesday, November 4 KWTV
Emergency crews responded to the report of a shooting near Britton Road and Broadway Extension Tuesday evening.
Tuesday, November 4 KOIN
Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $1,000 for information that leads to arrest.
Prosecutors filed charges Tuesday against a driver accused of fleeing in his SUV after fatally striking three 13-year-old girls as they trick-or-treated in Santa Ana, Calif.
Tuesday, November 4 Florida Times-Union
Jacksonville police have charged two men in the 2013 fatal shooting of another man during a confrontation at the Norwood Flea Market in the Norwood neighborhood of North Jacksonville. Oronde Owuso Nathan, 23, a transient and Vivian Anthony Kingston Jr., 21, of Eureka Garden apartments are charged with murder in the death of Brandon Scriber, 23, of the 2800 block of West Ninth Street. The slaying occurred Nov. 22 inside the flea market at 5301 Norwood Ave. read more
Tuesday, November 4 KWTV
Authorities said the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office assisted Nicoma Park Police Department with a barricaded subject in the 11400 block of N. Stewart Avenue.
"I wasnât going down easy," Napoleon Cab driver David said about his late-night run-in with a passenger who robbed him with a knife.
Tuesday, November 4 Albuquerque Journal
Recently resigned Tucumcari Police Officer Dustin “Dusty” Lopez was charged Tuesday with arson and conspiracy to commit arson in Quay... more »
Tuesday, November 4 WGNO
his week students and teachers at Tara High School in Baton Rouge were greeted by KKK, swastikas and other racial bigotry spray painted outside three different buildings near the school's football field.
Tuesday, November 4 KSNW
Wichita police are on the scene of chase that left one person critically injured.
KPTV 12:32 AM In one of the most hotly debated measures on the ballot in Oregon, voters made a decision on the leg...
ISIS BETTER THAN US? Prof rips military, says US bigger threat than terrorists FOX NewsTuesday, November 4
WFLD Tuesday, November 4 A man was killed in a crash Tuesday morning on the Tri-State Tollway near west suburban Hillside.
WFLD Tuesday, November 4Metra Electric Line trains are on the move again after being stopped because of a fire on the tracks...
WFLD Tuesday, November 4Burglars crashed a stolen minivan into a high-end shop in west suburban Aurora Tuesday morning, maki...
Broward Sheriff’s Office Arrests Neighbor In Oakland Park Murder Of White Woman
OAKLAND PARK – Five months after her murder, Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives said they have arrested the alleged killer of 19-year-old Nicole Franco. Franco’s neighbor D’Marcus Tucker, 15, is being charged with one count of first-degree murder in Franco’s death. Detectives said just before 3:30 a.m. on June 3rd, Tucker used a sliding glass door to enter Franco’s apartment. Tucker reportedly armed himself with a knife from her kitchen, before going into her bedroom in search of cash. Tucker took Franco’s wallet from her purse. As he turned to leave, Tucker accidentally stepped on the purse, which awoke Franco. Police said a startled Tucker stabbed Franco in the chest. Tucker allegedly told police he watched Franco dial 911 before fleeing. During the 911 call, Franco told the call-taker someone had broken into her house and beat her. However, she went unconscious before she could provide more details. BSO detectives searching inside and outside Tucker’s apartment said they found a knife with blood on it.
Park Ridge native Nicole Franco stabbed to death by black 15-year-old neighbor, Florida authorities say
Elderly White Man thrown to ground, robbed at Queens ATM by two cowardly blacks
Police are searching for two robbers who allegedly attacked an 81-year-old man as he was withdrawing money from a Queens ATM after attending church on a Sunday morning. The victim,Bill Eichhorn, went to a Chase bank ATM along Queens Boulevard in Sunnyside at about 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 26 to get money for a bagel and newspaper after church when the robbers assaulted him and threw him to the ground, he said. "I started to yell for help, but no one was around," he said. "I resisted a little, but I knew I couldn't do anything." The men got away with $100 and the victim's debit card. The attack left Eichhorn, who is legally blind and on blood thinners, with injuries on his face and arms. - (Black-on-white)
Police: Drunken black IRS worker knocks White woman out with steel divider at Steelers game
PITTSBURGH — A man was arrested at Heinz Field Sunday night after police said he assaulted a woman. According to the criminal complaint, 29-year-old Stephan Sapp was drunk outside of Gate C and was throwing steel dividers at officers who tried to force him to leave. Police say Sapp was screaming and cursing after he was asked to leave the game and that he threw the crowd dividers in "a dangerous, disorderly manner." Police said one of the steel dividers hit a woman in her head, knocking her unconscious. Investigators said Sapp claimed to work for the IRS and offered money for his release.
Woman Hospitalized After Man’s Alleged Heinz Field Tirade
PITTSBURGH – Melissa Yancec never saw it coming. The impact form the heavy steel dividers outside of Heinz Field knocked her out cold. She has cuts, bruises and severe swelling on her face, head, neck and back.
(White) man robbed by a black and a spanic after going to meet woman he met online
A first date took a turn for the worse when a man arrived at a church parking lot to meet a woman he'd met online and was robbed. 21-year-old Hunter Walls, of Antioch, drove to Hannaway Church in Columbia last Thursday night to meet the woman he'd connected with on the website MeetMe.com. Walls told police he got out of his car and stood in the parking lot waiting for the 22-year-old woman who identified herself as "Megan" online. He said that's when two males jumped out from behind bushes on the side of the church and robbed him. One of the males punched Walls in the face and the other held one hand under his shirt as if he had a gun. Walls fell to the ground and eventually handed over cash and a cell phone before they fled on foot. He sustained a chipped tooth and some bruising to his face during the attack. Walls reported he believes “Megan” was working with the men when he was robbed. The profile lists her as a 22-year-old white female. Police describe one of the suspects as a black male, about 5 feet, 9 inches tall. The other suspect is a Hispanic male, also around 5 feet, 9 inches tall with a thin mustache.
Denver Police: Black suspect assaulted women in Wash Park, broke into car
An 18-year-old man accused of breaking into a car and assaulting an officer is also considered a suspect in attacks on two women in east Denver. Kijan Lazahn Jelks wore a flannel shirt and ski mask when he tried to choke the women until they passed out Sunday night before they fought him off and escaped. As he fled officers, Jelks broke into a car and tried to hide from police. When officers approached him, Jelks pushed one to the ground, injuring her. He then ran toward Cherry Creek, trying to elude officers before they arrested him. Jelks is accused of first assaulting a woman about 6 p.m. near Bayaud Avenue and Emerson Street. A short time later, he assaulted a second woman in the 200 block of South Pearl, police said. "The descriptions of the suspect were very similar, and those locations are in close proximity to each other. Therefore, officers believed that it was the same suspect responsible for both incidents."
Black suspect arrested following attacks on women near Wash Park
One woman reported being attacked by a black male - a second woman reported being attacked by a black male
Black Cincinnati man gets life for raping woman in Florida
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) —A 27-year-old Cincinnati man has been sentenced to life in prison for raping a Florida woman after offering her a ride home. Circuit Judge Michael Overstreet on Monday sentenced Corderro Ryan Britten to a minimum mandatory 25 years in prison, followed by 50 years. Prosecutors say Britten pulled off road while taking the woman home from a party on Sept. 30, 2013. He beat and raped her in the car and left her on the side of the road, miles from her home.
Ohio Man Arrested in PCB for Sexual Battery - Oct 01, 2013
Black man arrested on kidnapping, sex assault charges
A 19-year-old Davenport man has been accused of breaking into a woman's apartment, holding her at gunpoint as she drove him to an ATM and raping her multiple times in one night. Gary C. Marshall of 907 E. 39th St., Apt. 219, was being held Monday in the Scott County Jail on a $1 million bond. He was arrested Sept. 20 on charges stemming from two burglaries, including one at the Winding Hills apartment complex where the victim lived. A Davenport police investigation into accusations of kidnapping and rape resulted in new charges against Marshall that were filed Friday.
Plantation Police Seek Victims Of Black Alleged Online Sexual Predator
PLANTATION – A man who allegedly uses online chatrooms to lure underage girls has been arrested. Now police are seeking victims seduced by the man. On October 10th, a Plantation police officer was on patrol when he said he witnessed 30-year-old Gary Glanvilleperforming a sexual act on a 16-year-old girl in his car . Police said Glanville admitted to meeting the juvenile on an internet chatroom, but this was the first time they met in person.
Woman reports rape at (historically black) Emory frat house on Halloween night
According to reports made by Emory to the U.S. Department of Education, in 2012 and 2013, Emory University reported 47 sexual assaults – that is more sexual assaults than both University of Georgia and Georgia Tech combined at 39.
Mexican Man Accused of Raping University of Delaware Student
A man is accused of raping a University of Delaware student on Halloween. Authorities identified 28-year-old Candido Tepoz as the suspect after an investigation led police to the vehicle where the 19-year-old student said the sexual assault occurred. The student told police a man offered her a ride home and then sexually assaulted her inside a vehicle before dropping her off at a residence hall. Tepoz, who is originally from Mexico but currently living in the Newark, Delaware area, was found during a traffic stop. He allegedly gave investigators a fake name, but the student positively identified Tepoz. - (Invasion!)
National Day of Remembrance for Those Killed by Illegal Aliens
Yesterday was the fourth annual National Day of Remembrance to honor the lives of thousands of Americans killed by illegal aliens. Events were held around the country, organized with the help of The Remembrance Project, a growing national organization dedicated to supporting the families of the victims and educating the public about the human cost of failing to enforce immigration laws.
Vigil held to honor memory of those killed by illegal immigrants
Friends and family members of murdered teen, Joshua Wilkerson, and a small group of supporters gathered near the site of his 2010 murder to mark the Fourth Annual National Remembrance Day for Victims Killed by Illegal Immigrants Sunday (Nov. 10). The vigil was organized by the Remembrance Project, a non-profit that aims to raise awareness of the issue, as part of a national movement to remember people killed by undocumented immigrants. Parents George and Laura Wilkerson were among those who spoke at the gathering.
Texas Woman Becomes Amnesty Opponent After Son Is Murdered By Illegal Alien
Wilkerson elaborated that after a “normal day at school,” Josh failed to return home. Her son had offered a ride home to another boy, Hermilio Moralez, an illegal alien, who under the DREAM Act would’ve been granted citizenship. The illegal alien took the ride, but then punched Josh in the face until he went blind and kicked him until both his liver and spleen ruptured. Josh was then strangled to death, tied up in a field, doused with gasoline and burned.
Cheshire home invasion killer Steven Hayes seeks kosher prison diet, sues Connecticut DOC officials
One of the men convicted in the 2007 Cheshire home invasion and triple homicide is suing state Department of Correction officials, claiming his rights are being violated because he isn’t being given a kosher diet in prison. Steven Hayes, 51, who is on death row at Northern Correctional Institution in Somers, filed the hand-written civil rights complaint in U.S. District Court against the Rev. Anthony Bruno, director of religious services; wardens Edward Maldonado and Angel Quiros, and members of the Religious Review Committee. In his complaint, Hayes describes himself as an orthodox practicing Jew, and claims he has been denied a kosher diet, which he has been requesting since May 2013. The complaint seeks to ensure that all Jewish prisoners have access to kosher food.
Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders
The Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders occurred on July 23, 2007, when a mother and her two daughters were murdered during a home invasion in Cheshire, Connecticut. The Hartford Courant referred to the case as "possibly the most widely publicized crime in the state's history". In 2010, Steven Hayes was convicted of the murders and sentenced to death. His accomplice, Joshua Komisarjevsky, was found guilty on October 13, 2011, and sentenced to death on January 27, 2012.
Victims: Jennifer Hawke-Petit, Hayley Petit and Michaela Petit - William Petit, the sole survivor of the home invasion
British investment banker Rurik Jutting murdered two Asian prostitutes in Hong Kong
On the 31st floor of his £2,000-a-month Hong Kong apartment, a scene from a horror movie unfolded. A prostitute’s throat had been slit, and police later found another woman rotting in a suitcase, trussed up and all but decapitated, who had been there for several days.