Daily Misfortune Month November 2014 ---
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Hispanic Army Veteran Francisco Garcia Fatally Shot At Homecoming Celebration In Sylmar by Hispanic - (Drudge)
- 1 killed suspect escaped November 9, 2014 Police: Man Killed In random no-motive Belmont Cragin Shooting
- 1 killed 4 injured November 8-November 9, 2014 Man killed, 4 people hurt in unprovoked random Chicago shootings Chicago Tribune
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Fatal officer-involved shooting man cutting self on bus in Van Nuys
- 3 killed November 9, 2014 LAPD Investigates 3 Officer-Involved Shootings One Sunday
- 2 injured, suspect fled November 9, 2014 San Diego Police are investigating a double stabbing at the Euclid Trolley ...
- November 9, 2014 9 killed Prominent Black Preacher Myles Munroe Killed in Small Plane Crash in Bahamas
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Pomona CA fatal shooting investigation underway; 1 killed No motive, no suspect.
- 2 raped 2 injured by shooting 3 suspects November 9, 2014 2 students raped near Indiana University 3 suspects home invasion shoot at cops shot and arrested
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Hispanic Army Veteran Francisco Garcia Fatally Shot At Homecoming Celebration In Sylmar by Hispanic - (Drudge) A Hispanic man reportedly exited a dark SUV... and started shooting at Garcia who died at the scene No motive. Around 2:00 a.m. Sunday Garcia was standing on the sidewalk, North of Astoria Street, when two cars stopped near Sylmar High School. A Hispanic man reportedly exited a dark SUV and proceeded to smash a beer bottle on the ground while yelling at Garcia across the street. He then walked to the second vehicle, described as a white Toyota or Honda, retrieved a handgun from a second suspect and started shooting at Garcia. Authorities said Garcia was shot and died at the scene. No other injuries were reported. Alternative: Targeted because he was veteran fighting jihad?
- 1 killed suspect escaped November 9, 2014 Police: Man Killed In random no-motive Belmont Cragin Shooting CBS Chicago (STMW) - A man coming back from church was shot and killed outside his home Victim 44-year-old Luis Zuniga had pulled up to his driveway after returning from church and was getting out of his white minivan when someone in a parked vehicle fired shots and drove off. “I don’t know why anyone would do this,”
- 1 killed 4 injured November 8-November 9, 2014 Man killed, 4 people hurt in unprovoked random Chicago shootings Chicago Tribune 18-year-old man was killed and four other men were injured in separate shootings in the city Saturday night into Sunday morning, police said. 1. 33-year-old man was approached by another man who started shooting, 2. The 18-year-old was pronounced dead after being shot about 5:10 p.m. Saturday victim was shot in the head on the sidewalk, 3. 23-year-old was shot by someone inside a black SUV. 4. 28-year-old man was wounded a passenger in a car he heard gunshots and felt pain 5. 19-year-old man was shot when two males walked up and fired shots
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Fatal officer-involved shooting man cutting self on bus in Van Nuys KABC-TV Authorities were on scene to investigate an officer-involved shooting in Van Nuys Officers responded to a call about a man with a knife cutting himself on a bus... the suspect took off running and then became aggressive with officers who shot him. One of three fatal officer shootings same city, same day.
- 3 killed November 9, 2014 LAPD Investigates 3 Officer-Involved Shootings One Sunday three separate officer-involved shootings... The first happened Saturday evening in Cypress Park after a suspect who had an outstanding arrest warrant led police on a 15-minute chase in and around Cypress Park.That suspect taunted police, threw objects at news photographers and, according to the police, shot at them at least four times. At another point, the suspect was shown pumping a shotgun... another officer-involved shooting where the suspect took his own life... confronted by the suspect, who fired at them, Around 3:15 p.m. on Sunday, (see Fatal officer-involved shooting man cutting self on bus in Van Nuys) officers in Van Nuys responded to a call about a man with a knife cutting himself on a bus... “It’s unusual to have three [OIS] in one day especially spread out across the city the way it is,” said Alan Hamilton with the LAPD... number of OIS incidents is down compared to last year at this same time In 2013 there was a total of 47 officer involved shootings — 36 people were struck.In 2014 there have been a total of 28 officer involved shootings — 22 people were struck.
- 2 injured, suspect fled November 9, 2014 San Diego Police are investigating a double stabbing at the Euclid Trolley ... 10News San Diego Police are investigating a double stabbing that happened on the Orange line just after 9 p.m. Sunday. One victim was stabbed in the chest, arms and legs. It is unclear how many times each victim was stabbed and the condition of the victims at this time. The suspect was seen running off the trolley away from the scene.
- November 9, 2014 9 killed Prominent Black Preacher Myles Munroe Killed in Small Plane Crash in Bahamas NBCNews.com Plane hit a construction crane on landing approach. Munroe, 60, was an internationally known Christian preacher and motivational speaker... was associated during the early 2000s with the Promise Keepers movement, a Christian ministry focused on strengthening the role of men in Christian life. He wrote or co-wrote more than 100 inspirational and motivational books, many of which were best-sellers in the Caribbean and Africa.
- 1 killed November 9, 2014 Pomona CA fatal shooting investigation underway; 1 killed No motive, no suspect.
- 2 raped 2 injured by shooting 3 suspects November 9, 2014 2 students raped near Indiana University 3 suspects home invasion shoot at cops shot and arrested The Indianapolis Star Nov 10, 2014 - Bloomington police shot and wounded two rape suspects at a house near the Indiana University campus where two students were assaulted.Police shoot 2 Indy men after 2 students raped near Indiana University campus Bloomington police shot and wounded two rape suspects at a house near the Indiana University campus where two students were assaulted. Three men broke into a home occupied by female IU students and sexually assaulted two women, police said. at 4:30 a.m. Sunday After the officer shouted "police" shots were fired, two men climbed out a window and ran. The officer shot the two 19-year-old Indianapolis men after a shot was fired at him, police said. One man was shot in the arm and the other in the leg identified the wounded men as Michael Deweese and Vaylen Keishaun Glazebrook. face preliminary charges of attempted murder, rape with a weapon, armed burglary, confinement, intimidation with a weapon and resisting arrest with a weapon
- Suspects tied to sexual assault case near Indiana University ...WXINNov 12, 2014 - From left to right: Michael W.L. Deweese, Vaylen Keishaun Glazebrook and Jesse Benti-Torres. Deweese and Glazebrook were accused of ...Jesse Benti-Torres, 19, of Danville was the third suspect arrested. The Bloomington police chief said Torres served as the driver in the crime. Glazebrook defended himself in those same court documents. He said he did not remember anything because he was drunk at a party and blacked out . Torres told authorities they were in his car and that he heard Deweese and Glazebrook make plans to break into a house.
- Police arrest men accused of raping women at gunpoint ...WXINNov 10, 2014 - Michael W.L. Deweese, 19, and Vaylen Keishaun Glazebrook, 19, both from Indianapolis, were arrested on preliminary charges of attempted ...
- Emotions high as Bloomington sex assault suspects make ...THRNov 9, 2014 - Michael DeWeese and Vaylen Keishaun Glazebrook, both 19 years old, heard the long list of charges against them in connection with Sunday ...
- Indiana Daily Student: :: 3 men in custody facing preliminary ...Indiana Daily StudentNov 9, 2014 - Michael W.L. Deweese, 19, and Vaylen Keishaun Glazebrook, 19, both of Indianapolis, were arrested on preliminary felony charges of ...
- 9 killed, suspect suicide bomber November 7, 2014 UK: Kabir Ahmed: Isis suicide truck bomber from Derby .. British foreign fighter, Abu Sumayyah, (real name: Kabir Ahmed) from Derby carried out a suicide bombing in Baiji, Iraq, yesterday.8 Nov 2014 A jihadist from Derby is believed to be the second Briton to have killed himself, along with eight others, while fighting for Isis. - (UK) It would make Ahmed the second British jihadist suicide bomber, after Abdul Waheed Majeed, 41, from Crawley in West Sussex blew himself up in February when he drove a lorry packed with explosives into a Syrian jail in Aleppo
- 1 threat, 1 arrest November 9, 2014 Man pointed loaded gun during street fight in Seattle Pioneer Square A man was arrested Sunday morning after pointing a loaded gun at another man in Pioneer Square. The 27-year-old suspect was found and arrested by police. His loaded gun was also recovered by officers.
- 1 killed accident November 3, 2014 Man killed by falling tape measure at construction site 1-pound tape measure became dislodged from the belt of a worker on the 50th floor hit equipment ricocheted and struck 58-year-old Gary Anderson, Anderson wasn't wearing a hard hat but had one in his truck at the time
- 1 killed suspect on trial November 5, 2014 Teen says he thought he killed goblin, not brother ...he was in a fantasy world and thought he was killing a goblin. Cody Metzker-Madsen told a western Iowa courtroom that he visits a world only he can reach whenever he plays with someone. He said he didn't realize until afterward that what he thought was a goblin was actually his foster brother, Dominic Elkins."I loved the little guy, I would never hurt him," His lawyer is using an insanity defense, The Des Moines Register (http://dmreg.co/1x9uY8R ) reported. The two were playing outside of their home near Logan. Metzker-Madsen was 17 when the boy's body was found at the bottom of a ravine. Cody Metzker-Madsen found not guilty by reason of insanity in killing of foster brother Daily Mail November 7, 2014
- 2 charged in death of boy hung by feet, beaten
- 1 killed November 6, 2014 Troopers investigate fatal I-5 crash in Everett Troopers are investigating a fatal collision in Everett Friday afternoon. Authorities said the crash happened in the westbound lanes of the Highway 2 ramp to northbound Interstate 5. The initial report was that troopers were investigating an apparent hit-and-run crash, but later concluded it wasn't
|Another Arrested in Fatal Omaha Jewelry Store Shooting of Elderly ManOMAHA, Neb. -- A second man has been arrested on suspicion of playing a role in the September fatal shooting of an Omaha jewelry store owner during a botched robbery. Authorities said Wednesday that 20-year-old Christopher Hicks is being held on suspicion of receiving stolen property, violation of probation and felony criminal conspiracy. Police have not said what role Hicks is believed to have played in the Sept. 17 shooting death of 71-year-old James Minshall Sr. Another man, 18-year-old Milton Dortch Jr., pleaded not guilty last month to first-degree murder and weapons charges in Minshall's death. Police say Dortch told officers he shot Minshall three times at his store, JR's Jewelry & Gifts. - (Black-on-white) |
|Cowardly criminal turns himself in after robbing 82-year-old White woman and pistol whipping herFAIRFIELD, Calif. —A convicted felon, with a lawyer by his side, turned himself in to Fairfield police after an arrest warrant was issued for the robbery of an elderly woman's home, police said. Darnell Underwood, 42, of Fairfield, knew he was wanted and walked into the police department to turn himself in. On Sept. 12, an 82-year-old Fairfield woman walked out to her garage when Underwood forced his way into her house. Underwood hit the woman in the head with a handgun, which knocked her to the ground. He then handcuffed her to a chair, searched the home for valuable and left the house. - (Black-on-white)|
|84-year-old man attacked, robbed, by cowardly criminal DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - An 84-year-old man says his body aches after he was followed home, attacked and robbed. Bill Hunter said he went to a 7-Eleven early Saturday morning to get a cup of coffee and cigarettes. He said he didn't notice the man who was following him home until he got to the front door of his secured building less than a block away. "I said to him, 'Do you live here?' He said, 'No, I have friends in the building.'" Hunter said. The man shared an elevator with Hunter and followed him down the hall to his apartment. That's where the man shoved Hunter into his apartment and slammed the door. The man put him in a choke-hold against the wall and demanded Hunter give him the $300 he had in his pocket. The man left, leaving Hunter on the floor of his apartment. "The man was an animal. He was a vicious animal," Hunter said. Security cameras inside his apartment building -- a U.S. Housing and Urban Development property -- are broken and they didn't catch anything. Daytona Beach police said the surveillance cameras from the 7-Eleven show two black men inside the store at the same time as Hunter, but they can't link them to the crime. Investigators are offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. If you have any information call Daytona Beach police at 386-323-3569. - (Black-on-white)|
|Two White women thwart attempted kidnapping of baby in Sligo Creek Park by sexual pervert who also exposed 'himself'SILVER SPRING, Md. - A morning stroll through a well-known Silver Spring park turned terrifying for a nine-month-old girl, and her nanny. Around 10 a.m. the infant and her caretaker were relaxing at a playground in Sligo Creek Park. While standing near the swings, police say, Raynard Holmes, 20, approached the nanny and asked, "Do you know what kind of animals you are?" Confused and troubled by the strange question, the nanny picked-up the baby in one hand and pushed the stroller in the other, but Holmes reportedly followed. Holmes became angry and aggressive, and pried the stroller straight from the nanny's hands while repeatedly yelling, "Give me the baby!" The nanny replied, "no", but Holmes refused to relinquish. About that time, longtime friends and daily walking companions, Trish Bunn and Liz Ranasinghe, stumbled upon the midday kidnapping attempt. They were stunned by the sight. "We saw this young lady, who was obviously distraught, holding onto a baby," Bunn remarked. "She was pointing at a man who was off to the side." In what can only be described as an act of gallant goodwill, Bunn and Ranasinghe confronted Holmes, who reportedly asked, "How do I get out of here?" The duo distracted the 20-year-old with a long-winded answer, giving the nanny and child enough time to run away. "He exposed himself to us, and that wasn't the most pleasant thing to see, but then he just turned around and took-off. I was glad about that," Bunn added. Bunn then grabbed her cell phone and dialed 911. Responding officers quickly apprehended Holmes about half-a-mile away with his shirt over-his-head, pants loose and zipper undone. - (Black-on-white)|
|ex-Marine convicted in slaying of white Sergeant and his black wife sentenced to death RIVERSIDE — A man who, with three accomplices, tormented and killed a Marine sergeant and his wife during a home invasion robbery near Murrieta was sentenced Friday to death. Kesaun Kedron Sykes, 27, was convicted in August in the 2008 slayings of 26-year-old Quiana Faye Jenkins-Pietrzak and her husband, 24-year-old Janek Pietrzak. The six-man, six-woman jury that found Sykes guilty recommended the death penalty and Riverside County Superior Court Judge Christian Thierbach followed that recommendation in Friday’s sentencing. Sykes is the last of four ex-Marines to be sentenced in the Oct. 15, 2008 killings. - (Black-on-white)|
|Alleged Serial Rapist Andre Haynes DETROIT, MI – Detroit Police took a very dangerous man off the streets and now that suspect Andre Haynes Jr., 33-years-old, was arraigned on multiple felony counts on November 2nd, 2014. Andre Haynes has been charged with First Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct, Second Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, Second Degree Felony Firearm and Felon in Possession of a Firearm. Detroit police have stated that Haynes kidnapped a 21-year-old women who was walking to work on the east side of the city by forcing her into his car at gun point, took her to the west side and raped her before she was released. It is also alleged that he then went out, abducted a second woman, raped and released her. Haynes was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2001 but he was released on February 5th, 2013 and was out on parole when the latest crimes were committed.|
|Canada: Brampton man charged with Toronto Transit Commission bus sex assaultTORONTO - A Brampton man faces charges for sexually assaulting numerous young women on TTC buses. Investigators have so far identified four victims who were allegedly targetted by the same attacker over the last 18 months, Toronto Police said. The first woman, 21, was sexually assaulted on June 25, 2013, while she was a passenger on a TTC bus. Almost year later, on June 2, a 25-year-old commuter was sexually assaulted. Then late last month, on Oct. 31, Chilvers said the same man is believed to have sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman on a TTC bus. And on Thursday, an 18-year-old woman was targetted, allegedly by the same man, she said. The man frequently rode the TTC during the morning rush hour. “All the women were unknown to the man.”Sean Stewart, 36, was arrested Thursday and charged with four counts of sexual assault. Police are concerned about the possibility of more victims. “A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact,” Chilvers said. “It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration.” - (Canada)|
|Maryland Man Accused of Sexually Abusing 16-month-old girl A Maryland man has been charged with sexually abusing a toddler, the Frederick County Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday. Richard Montgomery of Rockville is accused of sexually abusing a 16-month-old girl between March and April 2012 in Thurmont, Maryland. Montgomery was arrested Wednesday and charged with three counts of sex abuse of a minor, two counts of third degree sex offense and two counts of second degree sex offense. He is also facing six charges related to child pornography.|
|man convicted of sexual battery chargesJACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A 27-year-old man faces 30 years in prison after he was convicted Wednesday afternoon of two counts of sexual battery, state attorneys said. Roshad Foster showed up at the home of the victim, who was an acquaintance, uninvited in March 2011. At first the woman spoke to Foster through a closed window. State attorneys said Foster left the home, but returned minutes later to speak with the woman again. This time the woman cracked open the front door and Foster forced his way inside. Foster then sexually assaulted her, state attorneys said. The woman struggled to fight back and repeatedly asked Foster to stop. She was eventually able to break away and run to a neighbor's home.|
|Police: Woman's gang-rape sexual assault by posted on social mediaJOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. -- Police in Johnston County say an alleged sexual assault was posted on social media. Smithfield police have arrested 28-year-old Travis Graham and 23-year-old Juan Saunders. Graham is charged with first-degree rape. Saunders is charged with felony conspiracy to commit rape. Police say a 26-year-old woman told investigators the rape occurred at a birthday party on Sept. 5. The incident allegedly happened after everyone had left the party except for three men. The victim reported the incident after finding images of the sexual assault on a social media site. Police say the victim was drunk, and didn't realize she'd been assaulted until she saw the images on the internet. Police are looking for a third suspect.|
|Police: sex offender arrested for nude assault on masseuse|
LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- A registered sex offender, completely naked except for the Department of Corrections monitoring bracelet on his leg, attacked a masseuse and tried force himself on her last Friday in Lakewood. According to police, 30-year-oldSamuel Sparks entered Imperial Foot Massage in the 9200 block of South Tacoma Way around 1:15 p.m. and asked for a massage. The female victim led Sparks to a room; when she returned, she found him completely nude, according to police. She tried to give him a towel to cover himself, and he reportedly attacked her. Sparks tried to force the victim onto the massage table, but she got away and ran out of the room. He reportedly chased her and tried to force her back into the room. The victim ended up leaving the business and hiding until Sparks left. Surveillance cameras in the business reportedly showed Sparks -- naked except for a GPS monitoring bracelet on his leg -- chasing the victim and grabbing her.
|Black 42-year-old felon convicted in road rage murder of White manJACKSONVILLE, Fla. - It took a Duval County jury only five minutes to convict a man of second-degree murder in the in the shooting death of a man after a confrontation at a Northside gas station last year. Isreal Williams was accused of shooting and killing 46-year-old Thomas Schadowsky as he was driving away from the confrontation at a Gate gas station on Dunn Avenue in February 2013. Investigators said Williams admitted to getting into an argument with Schadowsky (pictured, right), whose body was found in his truck about 100 yards down the road. In addition to murder, Williams, 42, was convicted of shooting into an occupied vehicle and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. - (Black-on-white)|